AnsweredLockedMy only reason for living and composing

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 8 of 10
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:11:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/03/04 20:18:59
@Jaymz...

Hey, dood. I calls 'em like I seez 'em. Yer chops are top tier.

Cheers.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:12:18 (permalink)
Beepster

It makes the forum look ridiculous.

Yet a 1,835 page thread full of absolutely nothing informative, entertaining, useful, or remotely sensible doesn't?

In fact I could probably post a lengthy list of posts and threads that "make(s) the forum look ridiculous", none of which anyone seems to be in the slightest bit bothered about. And I should know, I posted quite a fair bit of it.

I know two wrongs don't make a who cares, but this guy isn't that bad in comparison. I know you told me before that he's trolled a lot using many different accounts, but surely the obvious response is just to ignore him?

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:15:29 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK
Beepster

It makes the forum look ridiculous.

Yet a 1,835 page thread full of absolutely nothing informative, entertaining, useful, or remotely sensible doesn't?

No! I won't have it! I posted about Arthur Wellesley, The Duke of Wellington somewhere in there!

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:17:24 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster
Let's not and you go away.

If there were a poor person in some other area of the world, he/she had little food, and could not get music lessons, but still had the desire to make music, then if there were people coming up to him/her and criticizing his/her music as awful, then that is unfair and unjust.  This poor person cannot meet the rich man's standard (the professional standard) for good music.  He/she instead has to meet the poor man's standard since he/she does not have internet, technology, etc.

That is why I think it would be both cruel and unfair if anyone of you here put down this child/person's music.  I realize that I have the internet, am learning music lessons, etc.  But everything I just said here is to simply illustrate my point that it is demeaning of an individual's talent for you to go only by the "rich man's standard" in judging someone else's skill/talent.  You should lower your standards as a means of respecting and acknowledging the works of art and talent that an individual truly possesses.

aaaand this is where I take literal offense to your idiocy.

I am the guy who will (and has) dedicated his time and energy teaching music to, what society, would consider total lost causes. I believe music can get guns and hard drugs out of people's hands and replaced by guitars, basses, drumsticks, whatever. I believe it can soothe and heal the troubled and damaged minds of the world.

Your stupid schtick mocks everything I and others try to do to use music as a positive force in the world to ease desperation and mental illness.

Go suck a pile of [REDACTED] you garbage troll threadsh*tter.

BAN THIS IDIOT!

Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:20:05 (permalink)
Don't start in on me, Strummy. You know full well what the difference is.

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:33:37 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster

If there were a poor person in some other area of the world, he/she had little food, and could not get music lessons, but still had the desire to make music, then if there were people coming up to him/her and criticizing his/her music as awful, then that is unfair and unjust.  This poor person cannot meet the rich man's standard (the professional standard) for good music.  He/she instead has to meet the poor man's standard since he/she does not have internet, technology, etc.

That is why I think it would be both cruel and unfair if anyone of you here put down this child/person's music.  I realize that I have the internet, am learning music lessons, etc.  But everything I just said here is to simply illustrate my point that it is demeaning of an individual's talent for you to go only by the "rich man's standard" in judging someone else's skill/talent.  You should lower your standards as a means of respecting and acknowledging the works of art and talent that an individual truly possesses.

You haven't made any music. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:33:58 (permalink)
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster

aaaand this is where I take literal offense to your idiocy.

I am the guy who will (and has) dedicated his time and energy teaching music to, what society, would consider total lost causes. I believe music can get guns and hard drugs out of people's hands and replaced by guitars, basses, drumsticks, whatever. I believe it can soothe and heal the troubled and damaged minds of the world.

Your stupid schtick mocks everything I and others try to do to use music as a positive force in the world to ease desperation and mental illness.

Go suck a pile of [REDACTED] you garbage troll threadsh*tter.

BAN THIS IDIOT!

I just think that everyone has a talent to some degree regardless of how awful they are.  So if an average child who plays with toys sings an awful voice, then that is a talent.  However, it is a talent a very low level.  It is a very low level talent, but still a talent worth praising and worth acknowledging as a work of art.
Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:46:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/03/04 20:48:31
SuperMarioGamer
I just think that everyone has a talent to some degree regardless of how awful they are.  So if an average child who plays with toys sings an awful voice, then that is a talent.  However, it is a talent a very low level.  It is a very low level talent, but still a talent worth praising and worth acknowledging as a work of art.

sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:50:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/03/04 20:53:41

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 20:55:20 (permalink)
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer

Let me judge the authenticity of your criticisms regarding my voices.  Here is another voice I sang into the mic.  Go ahead and tell me what you think of it.  It is my absolute final voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQznRqoDr28

sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:02:49 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer

Let me judge the authenticity of your criticisms regarding my voices.  Here is another voice I sang into the mic.  Go ahead and tell me what you think of it.  It is my absolute final voice:

You're talking through an effect which someone else programmed and has absolutely no reflection on your self-perceived talent. 

James
jamesg1213
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:06:48 (permalink)
Also, there's no air in space for a powerful dark voice of the cosmos to pass through.

Jyemz

SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:07:28 (permalink)
sharke
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer

You're talking through an effect which someone else programmed and has absolutely no reflection on your self-perceived talent. 

Wrong.  This is a professional singer's voice I altered.  It was taken from the song Give it to Me by Timbaland.  Yet, you regard this voice as awful and mediocre.  That shows how much you know.  Even though the effects applied might have not been done to a professional level, the voice used was still a professional singing voice here and you have just disregarded the greatness of that voice simply because there were some flaws in the effects applied to that voice.
jamesg1213
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:13:56 (permalink)
He's got you there. 'Timbaland'. Right up there with the great singers of this, or any other century.

A singer named after a brand of boot. There is no more cool to be had.

Jyemz

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:22:34 (permalink)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:23:52 (permalink)
craigb

Forget all of this.  I have just exposed you all for the frauds that you are in my previous post.  
jamesg1213
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:25:15 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

Forget all of this.  I have just exposed you all for the frauds that you are in my previous post.  

Yep, well done.

What now then?

Jyemz

SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:26:10 (permalink)
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Yep, well done.

What now then?

I think my work has been done here.  That is what I was trying to do all along.
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:29:27 (permalink)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
jamesg1213
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:29:49 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Yep, well done.

What now then?

Brilliant.

Rest easy now.

Jyemz

Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:31:25 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Yep, well done.

What now then?

Oh good. Does that mean you'll go away now?
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:32:40 (permalink)
Leadfoot
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Yep, well done.

What now then?

No, because I suspect that others are not convinced that I have exposed them and I want to hear their reasons for thinking so.  I think they are just displaying sarcasm.
jamesg1213
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:34:21 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Leadfoot
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Yep, well done.

What now then?

No, because I suspect that others are not convinced that I have exposed them and I want to hear their reasons for thinking so.  I think they are just displaying sarcasm.

Ah.

We've been rumbled.

It's a fair cop.

Jyemz

sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:36:59 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
sharke
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer

Wrong.  This is a professional singer's voice I altered.  It was taken from the song Give it to Me by Timbaland.  Yet, you regard this voice as awful and mediocre.  That shows how much you know.  Even though the effects applied might have not been done to a professional level, the voice used was still a professional singing voice here and you have just disregarded the greatness of that voice simply because there were some flaws in the effects applied to that voice.

It's not the voice that's awful and mediocre. It's your contribution to it. All you've done is inserted an effect that someone else programmed on a track that someone else recorded, and in the process created something that is worse than when it started. The original voice cannot be heard because of the effect, and therefore cannot be judged on its own merit. You have not displayed a single shred of talent, have not achieved anything musical and have not made a single valid point. Perhaps it's time to take this childish nonsense to another forum? Come on mods, why aren't you banning this nincompoop. People have been banned for far less. 

James
Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:39:17 (permalink)
Cool. So now we can bookmark this thread and post it every time you show up and/or send it to the mods to show you are indeed some twisted angry troll alt here just to f*ck with the legitimate users.

Now you see? I was actually "giving you enough rope" to expose you as a fraud (as I have done with others).

Your cunning plan.

You did not think it through.

We can haz bannination noaw?
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:42:44 (permalink)
sharke
SuperMarioGamer
sharke
SuperMarioGamer
Beepster
SuperMarioGamer

It's not the voice that's awful and mediocre. It's your contribution to it. All you've done is inserted an effect that someone else programmed on a track that someone else recorded, and in the process created something that is worse than when it started. The original voice cannot be heard because of the effect, and therefore cannot be judged on its own merit. You have not displayed a single shred of talent, have not achieved anything musical and have not made a single valid point. Perhaps it's time to take this childish nonsense to another forum? Come on mods, why aren't you banning this nincompoop. People have been banned for far less. 

If the voice could be judged on its own merit and the effects allowed you to do so, then if the effects were flawed and not professionally applied, then would you regard the voice as mediocre and awful like my voices?  Or would you acknowledge such a voice as professional?  This is important because if you still regard that professional voice as mediocre, bad, etc. despite the fact that it is a professional voice, then this means that you are disregarding the greatness of that voice just as how you would be disregarding the greatness of my voices.
Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:47:02 (permalink)
And congratulations. You are the first person I've ever reported that wasn't hocking kitchen cabinets, love spells or any other such nonsense.

You should be proud.
SteveStrummerUK
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:49:07 (permalink)
sharke

People have been banned for far less. 

People
excluded
now
include
Strummy.

SteveStrummerUK
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:50:42 (permalink)

Chortle, I see what I did there.

Beepster
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/03/04 21:53:55 (permalink)
Yes, yes. Wing wangs are amusing.

Now be quiet. I'm trying to be pissy over here.
Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 8 of 10
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1