Helpful ReplyLockedHello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018]

Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 28 of 30
Author
ch.huey
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 03:52:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/03/23 09:16:44
abacab
noynekker
abacab
I think it would be good to see some clarity around the authorization procedures for legacy Cakewalk products, if the user chooses not to activate a BandLab account.

For example, what if the user gets a new PC and wants to install the old Sonar, but doesn't have a BandLab account?  How will the activation work in this case?

It's no longer Cakewalk. You either join Bandlab to access whatever they put in place, or you cut the ties and move on, at least that's how I'm seeing it. Bandlab will let you crossgrade to whatever the new product is for free, once.
The "legacy products" are on your CD's that you purchased years ago . . . then, when they went to the Command Center model it was all about online authorization and download . . . that site will be gone, and I haven't seen any indication that Bandlab intends to recreate the ability to download X1, X2, X3 etc . . . if you really need to have those anyways.

That's just your interpretation. 

Noel said we could keep using the legacy products forever, and the activation servers would remain active.  If that was to change we would be provided with an offline activation method at that time.  There are multiple posts that support this fact in the forums.

Personally I could care less.  I have a BandLab account and plan to keep current.  I'm just weary of all the whining, and would like this cleared up so that my inbox doesn't get filled up with crap posts about this issue.

Post Edited:

Original Question:

Me: "Blah blah... What about Sonar Platinum authorizations with the server switch?"

Me: "blah blah... Cakewalk Command Center, which connects remotely to a server to authenticate my installation when I login with my email account (now associated with Bandlab as well as Cakewalk, a migration I understand has taken place), will continue to function as it was - it will just now be rerouted to a server that Bandlab hosts?"

Person with Answer:
"Yes,  once the account migration is complete, the activation server process can start using the BandLab database. Nothing will change WRT existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. SONAR and all the connected products that use the Command Center and the associated "offline" process for activation will remain the same. They were and still are the only "existing activation's." This is why it is important for any user planning on continuing to use SONAR HS/Artist/Professional or Platinum create a BandLab account."

Problem solved.  

So yes, Sonar Platinum will be routed to the new servers through the Command Center automatically.

post edited by ch.huey - 2018/03/23 19:33:57
Colin & Lyn Duo
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 05:15:39 (permalink)
As I am self taught I started with cakewalk because it was very user friendly. Its very pleasing to know that your company has taken over the cakewalk platform. I am looking forward to working with you all at Bandlab Technologies Cakewalk
Gmichaelhall
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 05:22:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Frank Harvey 2018/03/23 09:08:29
EXACTLY. I was of the understanding that we would be receiving some type of off line auth code to keep the current version running.
While I'm thrilled by the BandLab potential and generous cross grade offer, that in and of itself means nothing with respect to the Splat software that is imperative to me.
If there is no plan in place to ensure I have access to the current version I have paid for and have relied upon for a multitude of tasks including files storage management, then my confidence with a totally new DAW from a totally new company who has neglected to consider or address this makes me very nervous about the next stage of development. In all honesty, I don't even see 1 blog article on BANDLAB website even mentioning Sonar let alone a thorough concise FAQ that covers all the bases regarding Sonar or whatever its future form will be. Right now it all feels like data mining and no real straight forward vernacular. I'll remain optimistic for now.
cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 05:26:17 (permalink)
Gmichaelhall
... my confidence with a totally new DAW from a totally new company who has neglected to consider or address this makes me very nervous about the next stage of development.

I doubt it will be a "totally new DAW".  Meng said they want to get up and running quickly.  That suggests minimal change initially beyond the essential branding needed for the launch.
Gmichaelhall
In all honesty, I don't even see 1 blog article on BANDLAB website even mentioning Sonar let alone a thorough concise FAQ that covers all the bases regarding Sonar or whatever its future form will be.

It isn't announced yet.  Of course there are no articles detailing the unannounced product.  If there were, then it wouldn't be unannounced, would it?

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
Gmichaelhall
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 05:39:08 (permalink)
I get that -HOWEVER, it's reasonable to presume that since organisers at BandLab took to an email campaign for CW users to sign up, that there would some sort of header or banner stating something clever like "Important news for CW users coming soon" etc. Like anyone, I can be played for a fool on the odd occasion but it's rarer to expect me to suffer foolishness or a fool. The request for my subscription/personal details to a new site accompanied by a bullets memo/faq is not unreasonable to expect. It's just not a smooth move, a little tact and give in return for getting goes a long way.
Majic
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 225
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 07:25:03 (permalink)
I'll join the chorus thanking BandLab for rescuing SONAR, and express my earnest hope that the transition will go as smoothly as possible for all concerned.

Especially me.

Enjoy the time you've got, because it's all the time you get.
Gmichaelhall
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 09:05:38 (permalink)
Majic
I'll join the chorus thanking BandLab for rescuing SONAR, and express my earnest hope that the transition will go as smoothly as possible for all concerned.

Especially me.

OK, especially you but definitely me too, and that other guy freaked out about the Authorisation concern too! 😬 🙃🤞
astaub
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 09:39:55 (permalink)
Hello Mr. Meng. I signed up with BandLab. I have the impression that I'm on the right track now. I hope that in the future more languages ​​will be supported to communicate on your community, my people often speak German.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (Lifetime), Cakewalk by BandLab (Beta), Steinberg UR28M, Windows 8.1 , Notion 6 (Presonus), Dorico 1.2x (Steinberg), Cubase 9.5.x Pro. , Studio One 3.5x (Presonus),  WaveLab Pro 9.5.x (Steinberg) Halion 6.x 
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 13:19:20 (permalink)
The promise for an offline registration was made conditional and n the servers being unavailable for authorisation as per the current method. It on,y effects Sonar post 2016/01 is Platinum st al.

Now that BandLab have stepped in there is no need for such a cold tingency as th first order of business will be to offer a free crossgrade to all Sonar users. That new product will have its own authorisation scheme which may or may not be the same as per Sonar Platinum. Either way those processes will be in the hands of BandLab and so will be as secure as any online authorisation currently available and which have worked fine ne for the time since Sonar post X3 was released in Jan 2016.

Given those considerations I can’t see why all the angst about future authorisation when it is a non issue.

Just relax and let them get you n with making the first release, and we’ll have something to work with and get an idea about how things might go in the future.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
GMGM
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 494
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 13:38:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 14:46:14
Many of us downloaded all of the installers available in the cake store, along with serial numbers.

Does that not cover us offline installation?

DAW: SONAR Platinum
PC: i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, ASUS Motherboard, 16G RAM
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit I/O: MOTU 8M / MOTU 8PRE / PreSonus DigimaxLT / M-Audio Oxygen 49
JadedWings
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 13:43:32 (permalink)
First off, think it's very rude that you ''Bandlab'' wind down the legacy server. I was very very dissapointed that Gibson had screwed us over and had made my mind up about the continuation of Sonar I was eventually OK with the fact that I couldn't get any updates anymore! even though I spend over 500 dollars on the Sonar and lifetime upgrades. 

Sonar would work for me in it's current state for the upcoming years untill I would be looking out for a new DAW.
I am convinced that it would AT least be fair to give the users a choice to stay with the last version of Sonar or
make a transition to your product, instead you made this decision for us assuming we/I want this.

Ron

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 13:56:00 (permalink)
The activation process will not change. Noel's post made it very clear:
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
...nothing is going to happen to existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. If you choose the reinstall the software the same activation process with apply as before.

What will change is the server maintaining your account information the activation process uses.
ch.huey
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 14:35:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/03/24 00:38:23
Post Edited:

Original Question:

Me: "Blah blah... What about Sonar Platinum authorizations with the server switch?"

Me: "blah blah... Cakewalk Command Center, which connects remotely to a server to authenticate my installation when I login with my email account (now associated with Bandlab as well as Cakewalk, a migration I understand has taken place), will continue to function as it was - it will just now be rerouted to a server that Bandlab hosts?"

Person with Answer:
"Yes,  once the account migration is complete, the activation server process can start using the BandLab database. Nothing will change WRT existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. SONAR and all the connected products that use the Command Center and the associated "offline" process for activation will remain the same. They were and still are the only "existing activation's." This is why it is important for any user planning on continuing to use SONAR HS/Artist/Professional or Platinum create a BandLab account."

Problem solved.  

So yes, Sonar Platinum will be routed to the new servers through the Command Center automatically.

post edited by ch.huey - 2018/03/23 19:34:25
ch.huey
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 14:46:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby GMGM 2018/03/23 15:31:08
GMGM
Many of us downloaded all of the installers available in the cake store, along with serial numbers.

Does that not cover us offline installation?

Post Edited:

Original Question:

Person with Answer:

Problem solved.  

post edited by ch.huey - 2018/03/23 19:34:42
MandolinPicker
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 15:26:19 (permalink)
I take it no one here is into gaming. If you were, you would know that companies shut down servers all the time. The games that run perfectly fine but need to talk to the 'mothership' just to run - well they don't run anymore. And the game you paid for doesn't work - period. There have even been those intelligent folks who then set up their own server to allow folks to keep  playing (often at no charge), and the game companies force these to be shut down as well. It's illegal.

You have license to use the software. You don't own it - no matter how much you paid for it. Doesn't matter if your livelihood depends on it. Doesn't matter if you are a hobbyist. Any company that owns the software can shut down any of their servers at any time, even if it is required for your licensed software to run. They can do this and it is perfectly legal. They own it - not you.

The folks at BandLab have said that they intend to keep the servers running for authorization of older software. That cost them money. They are not required to do it as they didn't purchase the company Cakewalk (so there is no legal obligation to take on the debts and promises of the business "Cakewalk"). You have no say in the matter - you don't own anything. You want a say in things - purchase the company next time. Then you would own the software, the obligations and the debt of the company and have a say in its operations. 

But alas you didn't purchase Cakewalk. But neither did Meng. He purchased the IP assets. Much like a company that buys the furniture of a business in bankruptcy. Just because you buy a desk and filing cabinet doesn't mean you take on the debts and obligations of that company.

Also, don't forget that if you try to circumvent the authorization you can be charged with a crime.

This is the word of software we live in. Don't like it - tough. Society has decided (for better or worse) they no longer want to own anything.

Adjust.

The Mandolin Picker
"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Windows 8.1, Sonar Platinum (64-bit), AMD FX 6120 Six-Core, 10GB RAM
Midiboy
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 414
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 15:39:18 (permalink)
Just a side note to your game / server analogy...while it may be true for MOST games you don't own them, just the license to use them, this is NOT true for CD Project Red games.  They hate that model.  When you buy a game from them, you own it.  No matter what.  They don't even put DRM on their games.

(They make the Witcher series)

I know...just a side note in case you are game looking for a game to actually own. (That is unless you buy it from Steam...you should buy it from gog.com as they are the sister company of CD Project Red). 

----
Gregg
Midiboy Music
www.facebook.com/midiboygregg

Win10x64 (Eng), Sonar Platinum x64 (Eng w/ lifetime updates), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7 5820, nVidia 960, Alesis MultiMix 8 USB2 w/ Alesis MultiMix driver. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88, Korg NanoControl.
ch.huey
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 15:42:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/03/24 00:39:20
scook
...nothing is going to happen to existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. If you choose the reinstall the software the same activation process with apply as before.

What will change is the server maintaining your account information the activation process uses.

Post Edited:

Original Question:

Person with Answer:

Problem solved.  

post edited by ch.huey - 2018/03/23 19:35:21
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 15:50:59 (permalink)
In the future, some things will be different, and some things will be the same. Some of the things that are different will be very different, and some of the things that are different will be only slightly different. There will be other degrees of difference between those two extremes too.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 16:14:03 (permalink)
I do not believe a Cakewalk website FAQ trumps the EULA but that would be a matter for the courts. WRT SONAR activation the post from BandLab's Senior Management is unambiguous.
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 16:20:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 16:39:44
JadedWings
First off, think it's very rude that you ''Bandlab'' wind down the legacy server. I was very very dissapointed that Gibson had screwed us over and had made my mind up about the continuation of Sonar I was eventually OK with the fact that I couldn't get any updates anymore! even though I spend over 500 dollars on the Sonar and lifetime upgrades. 

Sonar would work for me in it's current state for the upcoming years untill I would be looking out for a new DAW.
I am convinced that it would AT least be fair to give the users a choice to stay with the last version of Sonar or
make a transition to your product, instead you made this decision for us assuming we/I want this.

Ron

Winding down the Legacy Servers is not the same as saying the authorization process will be stopped. We'll have to see what exactly BandLab means by this change.

It could be the servers will be shutdown and the software running there now will be migrated to a new server (or farm of servers), or it could mean the "Offline Solution" will be offered. It could mean that a code upgrade to Command Center will be needed so that Command Center points to the new authentication services, or no longer needs to. Or it could kill all existing 2015+ SONAR installs. We don't know any of this yet so it is too early to be condemning BandLab for this. It is also too early to praise this action as well. We don't know enough either way.

However, Meng has been generally transparent and forthcoming. As long as your instance of SONAR continues to work, use it. Once the dust settles and we know what is real and true we must reassess where we are and if there is something to complain about. After that, complain if warranted.

We should certainly be able to voice our concern and expectations right now, but the doom and gloom does no one any good. Noel Borthwick works for BandLab and is also the one that told us that a solution to keep using SONAR would be provided in the event the Authorization Service is shutdown. We have to see how this pans out, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and to BandLab in general as well.

Paint me "Cautiously Optimistic."

Calling BandLab rude before we know what outcome results from the changes is itself rude. You can ask for explicit confirmations without being rude. Offer instead that you EXPECT that existing SONAR users will CONTINUE to be able to USE it. I certainly expect this. I also look forward to the opportunity to migrate to the new DAW as yet unnamed (beyond the moniker TDFKAS) if it turns out to be a viable choice. Especially if we get the needed code fixes that bring long term stability to those projects that currently crash SONAR. If I don't like the new TDFKAS I should be able and expect to be able to stick with the SONAR I use now. I expect BandLab to do what is necessary to fulfill Noel's promise in that regard.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 16:50:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 16:54:59
ch.huey
scook

So are you saying that Cakewalk Command Center, which connects remotely to a server to authenticate my installation when I login with my email account (now associated with Bandlab as well as Cakewalk, a migration I understand has taken place), will continue to function as it was - it will just now be rerouted to a server that Bandlab hosts?

Yes,  once the account migration is complete, the activation server process can start using the BandLab database. Nothing will change WRT existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. SONAR and all the connected products that use the Command Center and the associated "offline" process for activation will remain the same. They were and still are the only "existing activation's." This is why it is important for any user planning on continuing to use SONAR HS/Artist/Professional or Platinum create a BandLab account.

ch.huey
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 17:01:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/03/24 00:40:47
scook
ch.huey
scook

So are you saying that Cakewalk Command Center, which connects remotely to a server to authenticate my installation when I login with my email account (now associated with Bandlab as well as Cakewalk, a migration I understand has taken place), will continue to function as it was - it will just now be rerouted to a server that Bandlab hosts?

Yes,  once the account migration is complete, the server process can start using the BandLab database. Nothing will change WRT existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. SONAR and all the connected products that use the Command Center and the associated "offline" process for activation will remain the same. They were and still are the only existing activation's at this time. This is why it is important for any user planning on continuing to use SONAR HS/Artist/Professional or Platinum create a BandLab account.

THANK YOU. I am beside myself with joy at that answer, seriously. That removes so much doubt and uncertainty.

Might I suggest you add that as a footnote to Meng's initial post if possible so anyone can easily find it?

It is not as clear as it may seem to those who already know, and I don't think I'm the only one who needs it explicitly spelled out. I understand this is a time of transition for Bandlab, but I need to focus on what's on my plate, Sonar Platinum and my projects, which is my priority, and I think many other people are in the same position. I look forward to the new program, but activation on the current program if it's being migrated to new servers is more important than what may be in the new program.

Thank you sincerely for clearing that up.

scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 17:08:26 (permalink)
I do not feel comfortable modifying Meng's post. I do believe he reads all the posts in this thread.
MandolinPicker
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 17:34:24 (permalink)
LICENSE AGREEMENT
REV 03.2016
YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS
PRODUCT. INSTALLING AND USING THE PRODUCT INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM, YOU SHOULD PROMPTLY RETURN THE PRODUCT
UNUSED AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. In consideration of payment of the license fee, Cakewalk, Inc. (“Cakewalk” or the “Licensor”)
grants to you, the Licensee, a nonexclusive license to have one person use the enclosed Cakewalk software product (the
Product”) on one personal computer at a time. If you want to use the Product on more than one personal computer at a time,
or if you want to network the Product, you must obtain separate licenses from Cakewalk by calling (617) 423-9004. This
license does not grant you any right to any enhancement or update to the Product. Enhancements and updates, if available,
may be obtained by you at Cakewalk's then current standard pricing, terms and conditions. Product may automatically
connect to server and verify if updates are available and notify Licensee of such updates. Internet connection is required to
verify account status. If Software is installed on computer not connected to the Internet, Cakewalk will provide offline
authorization options.
2. MEMBERSHIP LICENSE. Some Product(s) include access to Membership benefits, which include but are not limited to
access to new features, updates and exclusive content relating to the product during the specified term. Licensee shall have the
option to pay for the Membership License on a monthly or annual basis in accordance with the Product’s Membership Terms.
a) Completion of Membership Payments. Membership licenses paid for using the monthly plan will be considered paid in
full after the 12th monthly payment is completed. Membership licenses paid for using the Annual payment method are
considered paid in full immediately upon annual payment submission.
b) Cancellation. Licensee is under no obligation to continue the subscription and may cancel the Membership at any time.
In the event of cancellation, Licensee’s access to Membership benefits stops and Licensee will only have access to and
continued use of Product that has been fully paid for. Once the annual Membership is paid in full, Licensee will own
the perpetual license to versions of their Product released during their active membership period.
c) Authorization/ de-authorization of software. Software may automatically connect to server periodically to verify
customer account status. For accounts not in good standing or in situations where an excessive number of copies of
software are being used simultaneously on multiple machines by unique users, Cakewalk may de-authorize software.
De-authorized software degrades or reverts to “demo mode” where user can run software but cannot save or export
changes.
3. OWNERSHIP OF THE PRODUCT. Portions of the Product incorporate certain material proprietary to third parties.
Cakewalk and licensors of Cakewalk own and will retain all title, copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights in and to
the Product. This License is NOT a sale of the Product or any copy of it. You, the Licensee, obtain only such rights as are
provided in this Agreement. You understand and agree as follows:
3.1. You may NOT make any copies of all or any part of the Product except for archival copies of the computer software
components of the Product as permitted by law.
3.2. You may NOT reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse engineer, modify, incorporate in whole or in part in any other
product or create derivative works based on all or any part of the Product.
3.3. You may NOT remove any copyright, trademark, proprietary rights, disclaimer or warning notice included on or
embedded in any part of the Product.
3.4 You may not use the documentation for any purpose other than to support your use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
3.5 You may not perform engineering analyses of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, including performance analyses, or
benchmark analyses, without the written permission of Cakewalk.

The Mandolin Picker

MandolinPicker
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 17:36:04 (permalink)
56 LICENSE AGREEMENT
4. INSTRUMENT CONTENT
4.1 The audio samples, recorded sounds, programs, MIDI patterns used by any instrument (“instrument content”) included
with the Product remain the property of Licensor and are licensed, not sold, to you for use on your computer.
4.2 The Licensee may modify the instrument content. LICENSEE MAY USE THE INSTRUMENT CONTENT FOR
COMMERCIAL PURPOSES WITHIN MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS.
4.3. This license expressly forbids resale, re licensing or other distribution of the instrument content, either as they exist on
these discs, or any modification thereof. You cannot sell, loan, rent, lease, assign or transfer all or any of the enclosed sounds
to another user, or for use in any competitive product.
5. DEMO or THIRD PARTY DEMO CONTENT RESTRICTIONS. Unless specified elsewhere in your product package, the
following restrictions apply to all digitally recorded sounds, MIDI or Cakewalk-format song files or rhythm patterns, and
printed or digitally reproduced sheet music contained in the product package (the “demo content”): All demo content is
protected by copyright and owned by Cakewalk or other parties that have licensed these works to Cakewalk. Any duplication,
adaptation, or arrangement of the demo content without written consent of the owner is an infringement of U.S. or foreign
copyright law and subject to the penalties and liabilities provided therein. You may not synchronize the demo content with
any videotape or film, or print the demo content in the form of standard music notation, without the express written
permission of the copyright owner. The demo content may not be used for broadcast or transmission of any kind. You may not
resell or redistribute the demo content “as is” (i.e., stand alone) in any way, including for use in sampling or sample playback
units, or in any sound library product, or in any radio or television broadcast, soundtrack, film or other commercial product in
any media, whether the works remain in their original form or are reformatted, mixed, filtered, re-synthesized or otherwise
edited.
6. LICENSEE'S RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SELECTION AND USE OF THE PRODUCT. Cakewalk hopes the Product will
be useful to your business or personal endeavors. HOWEVER, CAKEWALK DOES NOT WARRANT THE OPERATION
OF THE PRODUCT OR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE
PRODUCT. You, and not Cakewalk, are responsible for all uses of the Product.
7. WARRANTY.
7.1. Limited Warranty. Subject to the other provisions in Articles 5 and 6 of this Agreement, Cakewalk warrants to you, the
original licensee, that the media on which the Product is recorded will be free of defects in material and workmanship under
normal use for a period of thirty (30) days from purchase, and that the Product will perform substantially in accordance with
the user guide for a period of thirty (30) days from purchase. Cakewalk's sole responsibility under this warranty will be, at its
option, (1) to use reasonable efforts to correct any defects that are reported to it within the foregoing warranty period or (2) to
refund the full purchase price. Cakewalk does not warrant that the Product will be error free, nor that all program errors will
be corrected. In addition, Cakewalk makes no warranties if the failure of the Product results from accident, abuse or
misapplication. Outside the United States, these remedies are not available without proof of purchase from an authorized
international source. All requests for warranty assistance shall be directed to Cakewalk at the following address:
Cakewalk, 179 Lincoln Street Boston, MA 02111 U.S.A. 617/423-9004

The Mandolin Picker

MandolinPicker
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 17:36:45 (permalink)
7.2. Limitations on Warranties. THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS ARTICLE 7 IS THE ONLY
WARRANTY GIVEN BY CAKEWALK WITH RESPECT TO THE ENTIRE PRODUCT; CAKEWALK MAKES NO
OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR ARISING BY CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE, AND SPECIFICALLY
DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR
ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAKEWALK SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF
THE PRODUCT NOR FOR ANY LIABILITY TO ANY OTHER PARTY ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE PRODUCT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE
ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
LICENSE AGREEMENT 57
8. LIMITATIONS ON REMEDIES. Cakewalk's liability in contract, tort or otherwise arising in connection with the Product
shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAKEWALK BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL, TORT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS
OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF CAKEWALK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. If you are a government agency, you acknowledge that the Product was
developed at private expense and that the computer software component is provided to you subject to RESTRICTED
RIGHTS. The rights of the government regarding its use, duplication, reproduction or disclosure by the Government is
subject to the restrictions set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at
DFARS 252.227-7013, and (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software -- Restricted Rights clause at
FAR 52.227-19. Contractor is Cakewalk, Inc.
10. TERMINATION. This License Agreement will terminate immediately if you breach any of its terms. Upon termination,
you will be required promptly to return to Cakewalk or to destroy all copies of the Product covered by this License
Agreement.
11. Cakewalk Analytics
11.1 Cakewalk may collect information about the use of the Software via (“Cakewalk Analytics”), and use this data internally
to improve the product. Cakewalk Analytics is anonymous OR can be connected to your Cakewalk account. You may specify
whether or not to participate in Cakewalk Analytics at any time, by selecting the appropriate option in the Software
preferences at any time.
11.2 Further information about Cakewalk Analytics can be found at www.cakewalk.com/analytics.
12. MISCELLANEOUS.
12.1. Governing Law. The terms of this License shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the United
States and/ or Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A.
12.2. No Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any rights granted hereunder or to take any action against the other
party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights
or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches.
12.3. Litigation Expenses. If any action is brought by either party to this Agreement against the other party regarding the
subject matter hereof, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other relief granted, reasonable
attorneys' fees and litigation expenses.
12.4. Unenforceable Terms. Should any term of this License Agreement be declared void or unenforceable by any court of
competent jurisdiction, such declaration shall have no effect on the remaining terms hereof.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO
BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND
EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CAKEWALK WHICH
SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSALS, OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER
COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND CAKEWALK RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS
LICENSE AGREEMENT.

The Mandolin Picker

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 18:32:19 (permalink)
There is an element of wandering here please keep on track with the original post and updates.

Licencing is subject to change, as Bandlab have only purchased the intellectual property and code base of Cakewalk Inc. and Not Cakewalk Inc.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
poetnprophet
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 18:54:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 18:57:48
Hi Bandlab,

I follow this thread almost every day, but I can see my requests for VS700 support will just get buried in the BS back/forth speculations.

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE FURTHER VS700 SUPPORT!

I think I'll just keep posting this request day after day until something happens.
Thanks!
Dave
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:04:51 (permalink)
poetnprophet
Hi Bandlab,

I follow this thread almost every day, but I can see my requests for VS700 support will just get buried in the BS back/forth speculations.

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE FURTHER VS700 SUPPORT!

I think I'll just keep posting this request day after day until something happens.
Thanks!
Dave

The VS700 was never a Cakewalk designed or Manufactured product it was made and supported by Roland, they just used the Cakewalk name badge when they owned Cakewalk, one could almost be tempted to say they exploited the name, but probably not wise to do so.  Persistently asking here will in all seriousness get you no where talk to the company that originated it Roland Corporation.   Further post on this product may be subject to deletion for being off topic. 

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:39:44 (permalink)
So if the vs 700 is a taboo , then can we expect a dedicated surface for sonar ? Or deeper integration with avod artist serie for exemple ?

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 28 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1