Helpful ReplyLockedHello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018]

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 30
Author
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 15:32:45 (permalink)
64 bit Beatscape and P5 would be cool.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
ben1973
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 15:43:10 (permalink)
InstrEd

I do see your point, but the lifetime warranty is gone. Not to hard to understand.
Look to see what the new rebranded DAW offers and go from there.
I brought Samplitude, Waveform and Studio One 3.5 and I'm glad I did. They all bring something new/different to the table.

"Not hard to understand" is an opinion, but I don't share it.  It's not difficult to understand the fact that the lifetime subscription is gone, but it's definitely difficult to understand why I would ever come back and pay more for a program I already subscribed to *for life*.  In my opinion, any company that picked up Sonar (whether you call it "Sonar" or not) should have been prepared to honor that lifetime deal. 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm $400 into Studio One, which is a very solid program, and which I don't fear will suddenly just disappear from existence one day.  I'm staying with that unless they decide to honor the $200 I paid for lifetime subscriptions.

At a bare minimum, we should have all been refunded that money, or the new company could at a minimum offer us all $200 toward new versions.

Ben

InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 16:00:18 (permalink)
Go have a strong cup of coffee and take a chill pill LOL

The lifetime offer was a chance that you, me and quite a few others rolled the dice and lost. Such is life.
Don't want to come back I totally understand, but harping on lifetime offer is senseless.
Me personally will see what the new DAW has to offer and if the next upgrade is at a reasonable price. I know we get the rebranded one for free.

Who knows where I'll lend up, maybe Presonus Studio One will be my main DAW in the future.

Peace

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

ben1973
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 16:28:17 (permalink)

"...harping on lifetime offer is senseless."

Again, that's an opinion.  This would seem to be the correct place to talk about it, don't you think?  I don't go around complaining about it or even thinking about it now, but I thought putting my thoughts on this forum might give the BandLab guys some insight into how some people are feeling.  Other than that, I have moved on.
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 16:32:38 (permalink)
ben1973
InstrEd

I do see your point, but the lifetime warranty is gone. Not to hard to understand.
Look to see what the new rebranded DAW offers and go from there.
I brought Samplitude, Waveform and Studio One 3.5 and I'm glad I did. They all bring something new/different to the table.

"Not hard to understand" is an opinion, but I don't share it.  It's not difficult to understand the fact that the lifetime subscription is gone, but it's definitely difficult to understand why I would ever come back and pay more for a program I already subscribed to *for life*.  In my opinion, any company that picked up Sonar (whether you call it "Sonar" or not) should have been prepared to honor that lifetime deal. 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm $400 into Studio One, which is a very solid program, and which I don't fear will suddenly just disappear from existence one day.  I'm staying with that unless they decide to honor the $200 I paid for lifetime subscriptions.

At a bare minimum, we should have all been refunded that money, or the new company could at a minimum offer us all $200 toward new versions.

Ben

Maybe the new Sonar will have a much lower pricing.  This is a development team who is already offering a free service.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
ch.huey
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 17:34:52 (permalink)
ben1973

"...harping on lifetime offer is senseless."

Again, that's an opinion.  This would seem to be the correct place to talk about it, don't you think?  I don't go around complaining about it or even thinking about it now, but I thought putting my thoughts on this forum might give the BandLab guys some insight into how some people are feeling.  Other than that, I have moved on.

Ben1973, you are correct that this is a proper place to pose that question. I am glad that you did, since now Bandlab is aware that another customer is concerned. 3rd post about it is just arguing, so you can move on. I had the same concern as you but when you have a child, you are creating a human life. With today's technology that investment of time and energy during those 9 months pretty much ensure a child will survive.

Unfortunately infant mortality rates are not zero. You essentially did the same thing (as did I) with the company Cakewalk - invest in a lifetime. That lifetime was cut short. Dead is dead. Sonar is dead. We can preserve it, and I will (and abandon the metaphor here since it gets creepy), and keep loving it and using it since Noel, one of the Cakewalk guys who is going to Bandlab, said the servers will stay online for activation (and I trust the Cakewalk guys when they say we won't be left screwed on this), so you do have a lifetime of Platinum that you paid for. You did get what you paid for, it just didn't last as long as you'd (we) hoped - but there was never a guarantee, since it was the program's lifetime, not yours.

But you, I, and a bunch of other people just got unlucky with infant mortality rates on the program's lifetime. It sucks. But it happened, and there is a future with a new DAW we are being offered crossgrade access to. You don't have to switch. I may stay on Sonar indefinitely even after the launch. Bandlab is not Cakewalk, though. You can take your pick as to who to blame for that lifetime you invested in with Cakewalk, but dead is dead.

I think we should all pray that Bandlab can raise the dead and our lifetime investments will be honored, but they have no obligation to do it, and it would indeed be a miracle.

However they did give us a direct line in this thread to reach out and voice our concerns, ask questions, etc. You asked a question and voiced a concern but arguing over arguing about it isn't going to change a thing. Dead is dead. Live people are now opening a dialogue with the customers who were previously just screwed. I suggest we focus on talking to the living instead of the dead, since they tend to respond back more frequently.

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 18:13:04 (permalink)
Yes, dead is dead. but to make one more point, Cakewalk brought all this on themselves by calling it "lifetime upgrades." Sound too good to be true? It was. They should have called it something else. Maybe, Five Years Of Updates. The Five Year Plan. something that would sound, and be, worth it, but with the understanding that it was probably not forever. It's that forever, or lifetime thing, that people keep getting hung up on. That was a mistake, one which has the unfortunate result of being a canard that keeps on giving. So I suppose we will have to live with the residual bile it has produced, until it finally dries up, and the last bitter straggler has moved on, either to a new DAW, or at least from their indignant emotions.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

BJZ
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 18:41:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cbPerC 2018/03/18 13:16:37
Michael,

Dead is dead. Cakewalk is dead. BandLab is the owner of the IP. BandLab did not take on the obligations of the company called Cakewalk. I only wish everyone could absorb and accept that simple fact. What anyone thinks BandLab should do is ludicrous, IMO. They will do what they see fit to meet their objectives. 

Jeez you guys are quibbling/quarrelling about a non-issue (specifically - lifetime updates). Go back and read the initial posts by Noel about lifetime updates. He said they would be honored (by Cakewalk) no matter if the name of the product were to change. Again "by Cakewalk". He did not add "by any company that happened to pick up the IP in the future".

Nobody owes a lifetime update customer anything because Cakewalk as we knew it is dead and gone (like poor old Otis). I live a stress free and non-argumentative life knowing that. I have my copy of (Lifetime) SONAR Platinum that will likely run just as it does now for at least 10 years. Since it does what I need it too I felt I got what I paid for.

I'll happily accept whatever BanLab freely offers me, since that offer was already extended, and I will happily choose to upgrade to whatever co$ted plan they offer if it suits my needs/wants down the line.

Bapu, Jyemz and Zargg

Our Soundcloud Page

wolfchen
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 19:27:45 (permalink)
Let's see now..."lifetime upgrades" are no more.  
Well, that's not all that's gone.  The centralized Command Center also no longer works.  That means that it's no longer easy and convenient to download and install all the various components.  No matter how many times I try, the Command Center no longer works.  Let's stop apologizing for having been had about the honoring of their contract obligations...how about somebody taking responsibility for making the Command Center function properly so as to facilitate downloads.  It would also show some responsibility to be informed by email et al as to when the Command Center has been or will be fixed.  No excuses for this malfunction.  Cakewalk, regain your sense of responsibilities...yes, and let the new ownership show some class by seeing that the Cakewalk Command Center is made operational immediately. 
If someone knows the solution to this problem, please make a posting sharing your wisdom...and send me your wisdom and solutions via email to .  
Query:  Did Cakewalk know it was going to sell the company when it gave customers the option of purchasing Sonar Platinum with lifetime upgrades for a higher price?  If so, then they could possibly be guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation...and, who, knows, maybe even subject to a class action lawsuit.  
ES 
Attorney at Law and so called composer.  
Further note:  If this inquiry is not posted or is deleted, would that be further indication of deceptive intent?  
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 19:43:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2018/03/26 01:10:10
wolfchen
Command Center also no longer works.

FWIW, there have been several threads where users have recently reported using the Command Center. I just tested it by rolling back to 2017.08 (made sure the files were not in my cache so I could test the download) and then rolling forward to 2017.10. It worked OK. Of course, there are alternate methods of acquiring the files, installation and activation. All beyond the scope of this thread. If you wish to discuss this further, consider creating your own thread.

wolfchen
Query:  Did Cakewalk know it was going to sell the company when it gave customers the option of purchasing Sonar Platinum with lifetime upgrades for a higher price?  If so, then they could possibly be guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation...and, who, knows, maybe even subject to a class action lawsuit.

Cakewalk did not sell the company. In fact, Cakewalk (the company) was not sold at all. Certain Cakewalk assets were sold to BandLab. Read about it here.
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 20:28:45 (permalink)
BJZ
Michael,

Dead is dead. Cakewalk is dead. BandLab is the owner of the IP. BandLab did not take on the obligations of the company called Cakewalk. I only wish everyone could absorb and accept that simple fact. What anyone thinks BandLab should do is ludicrous, IMO. They will do what they see fit to meet their objectives. 

Jeez you guys are quibbling/quarrelling about a non-issue (specifically - lifetime updates). Go back and read the initial posts by Noel about lifetime updates. He said they would be honored (by Cakewalk) no matter if the name of the product were to change. Again "by Cakewalk". He did not add "by any company that happened to pick up the IP in the future".

Nobody owes a lifetime update customer anything because Cakewalk as we knew it is dead and gone (like poor old Otis). I live a stress free and non-argumentative life knowing that. I have my copy of (Lifetime) SONAR Platinum that will likely run just as it does now for at least 10 years. Since it does what I need it too I felt I got what I paid for.

I'll happily accept whatever BanLab freely offers me, since that offer was already extended, and I will happily choose to upgrade to whatever co$ted plan they offer if it suits my needs/wants down the line.

I'm actually agreeing with you, tripartite entity. In fact, I myself never did the lifetime thing (heck, I'm still stuck on 8.5). No bile here; I was just saying I understand those who continue to sting a bit from this, and that it's not their fault. Cakewalk should never have called it "lifetime updates." It was a setup from the get-go.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 20:35:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/18 21:00:10
wolfchen

The centralized Command Center also no longer works.  That means that it's no longer easy and convenient to download and install all the various components.  No matter how many times I try, the Command Center no longer works.

If someone knows the solution to this problem, please make a posting sharing your wisdom...and send me your wisdom and solutions 

Not true!  Command Center still working just fine here, as are the servers.

Suggest you need to start your own thread seeking help with fixing your issue.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
RTA
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 20:35:32 (permalink)
Toddskins
RTA

The dictionary definition of music is 'Rhythmic Noise', so however you get to the end result is valid.
Whatever works for you. The rest is subjective.

That is not the definition, and I groan over what dictionary you chose to nab that falsity from.  It's apparent that even dictionary companies are being politicized.

The true definition is: Music - Melody or harmony; any succession of sounds so modulated as to please the ear, or any combination of simultaneous sounds in accordance of harmony. An aesthetic art form of sound produced in a continuum of time consisting of 1) Beat, 2) Rhythm, 3) Melody, and 4) Harmony.

Such a shame that people now think noise is music!  It's not.

You might say, in a figure of speech, that some type of news is music to your ears, but that is just a figure of speech.  Unfortunately, unschooled people actually believe the brainwashing they have received, and are not able to call things as they are.  

Coo. You do have to be careful here, don't you ?

'Noise' (or 'sound') is anything that makes your ear drum vibrate. I think music does that, doesn't it ?
I made no distinction between 'pleasing noise' and any other type of noise as it wasn't relevant in that context.
I don't really believe that my innocent line will make anyone, including myself, believe that music is just 'noise'.
If I had those powers of persuasion I would have become a politician !
The key part of that was "Whatever works for you. The rest is subjective."

Although there is science involved, Music [capital 'M'] remains an art, not a science. 
I wasn't attempting to define music as simply noise, just paraphrasing in a light hearted way from part of the definition that you provide in great detail. Perhaps I should have said 'Rhythmic Sound' :-)

PS - Frank Zappa, probably my main musical influence by the way, once released an album called 'Make A Jazz Noise Here'. I am happy to be in the company of such 'unschooled people'.
post edited by RTA - 2018/03/17 21:07:58
marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/17 21:02:06 (permalink)
BJZ
Michael,

I really don't agree to this! It is true that Bandlab has no responsibility by law to fulfill lifetime. But on the other hand it is also true that if they do not consider the lifetime payment of a lot of Cakewalk customers, then they lose a considerable percentage of those users! IMHO it is anyway a delicate job to create a new Sonar with some sort of paradigm shift (cloud) without losing a lot of former users.

... many years before ...
marled
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 21:20:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby michael diemer 2018/03/18 00:42:15
Toddskins
... Unfortunately, unschooled people actually believe the brainwashing they have received, ...

That sounds absurd, as nowadays most of the brainwashing is invented in universities! Then it is transferred to media and all kind of global organizations! Today "unschooled people" with a common sense are probably less endangered by brainwashing than those coming from universities!

... many years before ...
ben1973
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 21:44:18 (permalink)

...continues arguing about lifetime updates...
Earwax
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 242
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 21:53:47 (permalink)
ch.huey
Earwax,
I have a very detailed response that answers your question that you put in bold and underline since it seems so important to you to find the answer to for some reason, as well as your other comments, that I tried to send you via PM. I'm not posting it here for the reasons stated before. PM me so I can respond with it, or open your PMs so I can send it to you, but I won't go into it in public as it doesn't contribute to the thread. 

No point. It was an inquiry now frozen in a different point in time. I’ve moved on. Additionally, anything I write here is completely public. I don’t do PMs.

Thanks anyway.

Pain - the absence of things hoped for, the evidence of catastrophes unforeseen.
Earwax
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 21:56:24 (permalink)
RTA

Coo. You do have to be careful here, don't you ?

Yes, unfortunately, in some instances you do. You made good points.

Pain - the absence of things hoped for, the evidence of catastrophes unforeseen.
Earwax
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 22:01:51 (permalink)

cparmerlee
I am probably stating the obvious when I say that the direction Bandlab is going blurs the definition of “just sit at home alone in your bedroom…

Yeah, I’d say you’re definitely stating the obvious…
cparmerlee

… as people all over the world can be doing exactly that while collaborating on a bigger project.  I have always seen music as something that draws people (musicians and audiences) together physically.  And I think physical connectedness remains a good thing.  But it isn't the only way.  There are many people I will never meet face to face and it is interesting to think I might collaborate with them on something in the future.

I completely and absolutely agree with you.

Earwax
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 22:10:56 (permalink)
marled
abacab
When 'new Sonar' is released, that will probably generate a forum thread longer and more emotionally heated than this one.

I am convinced that if point 2 of Earwax (above) is realized, then the thread will not be so long and the emotions are probably not going so hot!

Well…we can dream …

Good thoughts guys!

Mosvalve
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/17 22:49:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Paul P 2018/03/18 08:33:03
I just hope I can keep the version I have and paid for and be provided an authorization method if i don't want to go with the new version whatever that's going to be.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/18 02:43:41 (permalink)
Command center work just fine for me also, just reinstalled SPLAT about a week ago. Was a bit nervous ... but no problem what so ever.
cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/18 03:52:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby deswind 2018/03/18 04:00:07
wolfchen
Query:  Did Cakewalk know it was going to sell the company when it gave customers the option of purchasing Sonar Platinum with lifetime upgrades for a higher price? 

I think the odds of that are zero.  I don't think Gibson knew it was going to shut down Cakewalk even 30 days before the announcement because that was about when Cakewalk was going public with "Momentum."  It seems patently obvious "Momentum" would not have been presented publicly if a decision had already been made to cease operations.  That would be insane.

They shut down Cakewalk because Gibson was and still is under huge pressure by creditors to clean up its operation.  The creditors are in a position to force a bankruptcy, and it seems highly likely they made demands of Gibson to eliminate some unprofitable activities as a show of good faith.  This included Cakewalk, and also some layoffs in the guitar-building area.

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/18 14:22:18 (permalink)
wolfchen
Let's see now..."lifetime upgrades" are no more.  
Well, that's not all that's gone.  The centralized Command Center also no longer works.  That means that it's no longer easy and convenient to download and install all the various components.  No matter how many times I try, the Command Center no longer works.  Let's stop apologizing for having been had about the honoring of their contract obligations...how about somebody taking responsibility for making the Command Center function properly so as to facilitate downloads.  It would also show some responsibility to be informed by email et al as to when the Command Center has been or will be fixed.  No excuses for this malfunction.  Cakewalk, regain your sense of responsibilities...yes, and let the new ownership show some class by seeing that the Cakewalk Command Center is made operational immediately. 
If someone knows the solution to this problem, please make a posting sharing your wisdom...and send me your wisdom and solutions via email to .  
ES 
Attorney at Law and so called composer.  
Further note:  If this inquiry is not posted or is deleted, would that be further indication of deceptive intent?  

These paranoid conspiracy/class action suit comments were pretty much done to death by December of 2017. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/18 14:39:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby deswind 2018/03/18 19:50:40
This thread has now wandered in so many different directions it would appear to have run it's course.

Thanks.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Meng
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/21 13:47:42 (permalink)
Wooks, I've unlocked this thread for now (for better or worse ) as there's been a new update!
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/21 14:02:14 (permalink)
No problem Meng, I quite expected this.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Phoen1xPJ
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018] 2018/03/21 14:12:30 (permalink)
meng
---- UPDATE 21/3/2018 ----

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the insights & feedback you’ve shared in the past month.  I know you’ve been waiting patiently for more news on TDFKAS and the rest of the Cakewalk products. We’re now very very close to announcing our product plans - we're ahead of schedule and you’ll hear it from me here first - so watch this space.

Before that happens though, as part of the preparation for product relaunch we’ll be sending everyone who previously registered a Cakewalk account a request to sign up for a BandLab accountIt’s free, it’s secure and it doesn’t mean you are obliged to use BandLab's social music platform features (although there are plenty of good collaboration options and other features in there  - you can read more about them here).

Signing up for a new legacy Cakewalk account is no longer available and for those who have accounts, the reason for this is that we will be tagging your Cakewalk ID to your new BandLab account as we migrate databases and wind down the legacy server. Starting very soon, your BandLab account will be what you use to authenticate and activate TDFKAS and replaces the old Cakewalk account. As part of feature development, it will also bring more features and services to your Cakewalk experience in the future should you choose to use them.

We decided to do it this way (opt-in) instead of auto-creating an account for everyone because we didn't want to force a new user account on anyone - we apologise that it's a little bit extra work but we hope that you understand! It's important to note that in order to ensure you get the right upgrade or crossgrades in future, you'll need to sign up for BandLab with the same email you used for your Cakewalk products.

For the thousands of you who have already signed up for BandLab with the same email address as your Cakewalk account - you won’t need to do anything! We’ve already automated the tagging of your Cakewalk ID to your new BandLab account.

Also, we had some questions in earlier forum threads about BandLab’s Terms of Use, particularly around ownership, licensing and copyright.

For avoidance of doubt: Nothing you share on BandLab belongs to us - we take no ownership of your creation. Our T&Cs regarding BandLab getting a license to use content purely allow BandLab as a service to actually function - i.e. we need a license for BandLab as a service to play back your own song to you, or anyone else you share it with. Based on feedback in this forum we have clarified these points in layman's terms in our Terms of Use - so thanks to those who took the time to read our terms and give us feedback - we are always open to your comments and finding ways that we can do better...

I’m sorry that I can’t share any more information about what we're baking with TDFKAS just yet… we’re so close, and we can’t wait to reveal the full picture very soon! I have a sneaking suspicion you guys will be really pleased with the news.  Thank you again for all your support thus far - it really means the world to us and we hope we won't disappoint.

Best,
Meng

OK, Meng... AWEsome! As an early adopter of BandLab, I see I am already set up for my new ID.  It looks like there's nothing to do but wait unless you tell me different. I'm looking forward to TDFKAS with *great* excitement! Thanls, Meng!

Yours With a Song,
Phoen1x

Wayfarer Station Micro Studio including:
*new* Cakewalk by BandLab
Intel Core i5 quad core 3.10 GHz
ASUStek P8B75-M mobo
32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB vid card
(2) 1 TB HD & (1) 500 GB HD
*new* Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Echo Layla 24 PCI audio interface (faster than USB!)
Tascam US-224 control surface (with jog/shuttle wheel, impossible to find elsewhere)
MIDIMan 2X2 MIDI interface
...not bleeding edge but vintage rockin' 

http://verticalalignment.rocks/

stm113cw
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/21 14:15:05 (permalink)
I for one am very excited with this whole acquisition. As a lifetime subscriber I was borderline distraught when the end of Cakewalk was announced. For me and how my brain works it’s the best DAW out there, the way that most things are done in it are fairly intuitive. When the announcement was made I looked into all of the cross-grade options but decided that I’ll stick with SPLAT until I can’t. My biggest concerns weren’t really the lack of future updates (which I would still of course love to have) my concerns were/are about not being able to get support help directly and what happens when Windows forces an update or I get a new PC and there are compatibility issues. Though with this acquisition I may not be out of the woods yet, I can at least feel hopeful. I’m looking forward to future announcements for sure.
Voda La Void
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/21 14:27:00 (permalink)
Ok, what is TDFKAS?  

Voda La Void...experiments in disturbing frequencies...
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1