Helpful ReplyInsane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 07:17:23 (permalink)
I've used Independence Pro in a number of tracks.  Some nice Acoustic guitars in there.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
stevethompson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 17:48:51 (permalink)
I'm in for this, seems like a really great deal. I already have SF11, been using SF through the Sonic Foundry/SONY days, great tool. I'd been wanting to check out Spectral Layers as well. I was hoping to be able to use audio tools on both Mac/PC, at first look it appears SLP may be the only piece of this suite that allows that. I probably can upgrade one of the SF11 PC versions to the latest Mac version easily enough. 

I do have other current cross-platform DAWs already but have not been able to bond with them as much as Sonar. 
I will have to try Cubase as well as Samplitude, one may work out. Glad that offer isn't as time-sensitive :)

====== Steve
SPlat | SFPro 11
System : CS400  | UAD2 | Win 10
Audio Int: Apollo | Eleven Rack
Midi Int: Fishman Tripleplay | iConnectivity

rsinger
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 18:44:37 (permalink)
Does Independence Pro let you select the installation location? If I can install it on an SSD other than C: I'll give it a try.

Sonar Platinum, 64 bit, win 7 pro - 64 bit 
Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, 480Gb + 256Gb SSDs, 1 Tb Velociraptor, Echo AudioFire4

Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:04:24 (permalink)
I am burned out on testing new DAWs, and I haven't done nearly as much as some of you. I bought Studio One and Samplitude and I'm going to stop now. My guess (based on reading these forums) is that about half of all SONAR users who are moving on are going to S1, with all other DAWs making up the other half. It makes sense to me, as in my testing I felt that S1 was the easiest to learn, although I can't imagine why anyone thinks it's similar to SONAR. Originally I thought I would install it and learn it gradually but keep doing my main work in SONAR, but I abandoned my first test song because I guess I'm just not ready to change my workflow yet. I know where everything is in SONAR, all the shortcuts, etc. and I can't keep two whole sets of information side by side in my head and still get anything creative going.

Samplitude is a different matter. It does not even pretend to be user friendly. The interface is festooned with so many buttons, links, tabs, menus and hidden functions that at first my eyes glazed over. This should have sent me running, but somehow it appeals to my inner geek. I have the feeling this is a very powerful program, and I want to tame it (and the Suite comes with some great-sounding effects and instruments). When I worked in real-world hardware-based studios it was part of the fun to sit down at a ten foot long board and amaze the clients with my knowledge. I never told them that most big mixers are really just one strip repeated fifty times.

Along those lines, I think our beloved SONAR itself is pretty geeky. Many of us here have used it for so long that we don't notice how complex it has become. If I were a Studio One user and they went out of business, I'd probably look at SONAR and say "It looks powerful, but how does anybody get anything done in such a complicated program?"

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:26:11 (permalink)
I used Samplitude for a short while 15 years ago. I was already thinking about upgrading my Sound Forge for a couple of months now. For this price, it's an absolute steal for all these programs. Been using Samplitude all morning, and it's really solid. Excellent functions. I didn't know how far it had come and I love it. Buttons in front of me on tool bars just like I had in Sonar 8.5.3, but so much more functionality. This could be my new favorite. 

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
djwayne
  • Total Posts : 2021
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:40:14 (permalink)
I got my package from Magix....12dvd's in an envelope. Sound Forge demo was already installed so all I had to do was activate it. The Samplitude 3 demo was also installed but wouldn't take the activation code, so I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled from the disk, activated and registered the program with no problem....the demo song played perfectly.....another fine program !!!!!
JohnEgan
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:41:20 (permalink)
Says price only valid until today Dec 06 

John Egan
Sonar Platinum (2017-10),RME-UFX, PC-CPU - i7-5820, 3.3 GHz, 6 core, ASUS X99-AII, 16GB ram, GTX 960, 500 GB SSD, 2TB HDD x 2, Win7 Pro x64,  O8N2 Advanced, Melodyne Studio,.... (2 cats :(,  in the yard).

Primetime
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:49:02 (permalink)
Samplitude please extend this sale for one more week...

djwayne
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 19:54:39 (permalink)
Reg price is $399 for just Samplitude or Sound Forge
JohnEgan
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 20:19:50 (permalink)
What may be a bonus to some of us they indicate below, (I have some visual impairment)

"We have integrated new features to the latest version of Samplitude Pro X3 and Sequoia 13 to assist blind and visually impaired users in using the software to its fullest potential."

GregRband
jodysimkins
I bought this deal and did not seem to get the Spectral Layers Pro 4. I only show the main program and sound forge. Did I miss something?

Should all be listed with keys and links to load in email from Magix, or Magix Computer Products. If not, contact support pronto!

Im not seeing Sound Forge  but see Spectral Layers, showing as in list of included items in proceeding through purchase process, just waiting to hit "Submit" to buy it.

John Egan
Sonar Platinum (2017-10),RME-UFX, PC-CPU - i7-5820, 3.3 GHz, 6 core, ASUS X99-AII, 16GB ram, GTX 960, 500 GB SSD, 2TB HDD x 2, Win7 Pro x64,  O8N2 Advanced, Melodyne Studio,.... (2 cats :(,  in the yard).

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 20:22:43 (permalink)
SoundForge is not separately mentioned because it is part of the X3 Suite. SpectraLayers is not part of the Suite so it shows as a separate item. All three show up in the serial number email. Check out the included items at the bottom of this page.
raisindot
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 20:55:24 (permalink)
Damn all you enablers!!!!!!!!

Between getting a new DAW and going for all these discount offers, I'll have to sell my house to keep composing music. 

AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 21:04:27 (permalink)
Man, I think I'll jump on this as too sweet of a deal to resist.  And see if I can tie in Samplitude for audio and Maschine for midi on the same machine.  I did have a problem w/ Vegas 14 (which did happen w/ Vegas 7), but the last build took care of that.  It is confusing to have separate websites for Majix and Vegascreative and passwords and names for each, but there you go.  The Vegas site is good, tho.

Anyone tried to run Samplitude and Maschine?
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 22:07:22 (permalink)
I had only one reason to not take this "insane" deal... but the reason with good timing.

I have joined Sonar when it was possible to jump from 8.5 LE into X1 Pro for "insane" price. And now I see how and where that is ended. I understand that "this can not happened with Magix" argument, but... I read that SF was sold to it and still delivered as 32bit, the interface is a bit "old style" and other similarities.

It could be "just a bug" in the shop software, thought to be just as an upgrade for limited audience. But it is now published all over the web and still there. Something keep me from taking such "insane" deals.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
GregRband
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 23:06:29 (permalink)
Just heard mentioned that the insane deal from Magix may be extended for another few weeks via the German site.

Here is a great review to peak interest and I believe you can demo the SamProX3 too!
https://www.soundonsound....agix-samplitude-pro-x3
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/06 23:39:16 (permalink)
Yea, it is too good to be true.  I was wary, but w/ Vegas 14 all they did was come out w/ a 15 with no improvements to speak of.  I can live with that, especially since my Vegas is 7 and soundforge is 9.  I can use all their stuff for the time being and not have to upgrade.

@
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 01:41:33 (permalink)
djwayne
I got my package from Magix....12dvd's in an envelope. Sound Forge demo was already installed so all I had to do was activate it. The Samplitude 3 demo was also installed but wouldn't take the activation code, so I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled from the disk, activated and registered the program with no problem....the demo song played perfectly.....another fine program !!!!!

So I just received the MAGIX package.  Samplitude installs easily, as does Spectral Layers PRO 4.  Some hang up when installing Sound Forge PRO11, and it appears to be when scanning the few Waves plugins that I have.  I just ignored the 'Crash' box, and let the scan finish.  I will see how it runs next time.

Questions, what do I do with the multiple DVD's entitled "Independence Content Library 1 through 9?  I looked at the first 2 DVD's and there was NO installation file of any sort.  It almost appears, a program disc was left out?  Any thoughts or explanations are most appreciated!

thanks,
Bart

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
GregRband
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 01:49:14 (permalink)
bwbalint
djwayne

So I just received the MAGIX package.  Samplitude installs easily, as does Spectral Layers PRO 4.  Some hang up when installing Sound Forge PRO11, and it appears to be when scanning the few Waves plugins that I have.  I just ignored the 'Crash' box, and let the scan finish.  I will see how it runs next time.

Questions, what do I do with the multiple DVD's entitled "Independence Content Library 1 through 9?  I looked at the first 2 DVD's and there was NO installation file of any sort.  It almost appears, a program disc was left out?  Any thoughts or explanations are most appreciated!

thanks,
Bart

Congrats on the new stuff!
Independence disks are for 70gb of included samples. Open Samplitude, assign Independence to a track, and an install pop up opens asking if you want to install now, then by disk or online. You get to choose disk obviously, and should go WAY quicker than online download.
Have fun!
GregRband
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 01:59:51 (permalink)
Oops, can’t seem to find the German Samplitude Pro X3 Suite deal link myself.

Here is the current extension link I did find for Dec 10 expiration date on KVR
https://www.kvraudio.com/...c.php?f=7&t=495714
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 02:13:19 (permalink)
GregRband
bwbalint
djwayne

thanks,
Bart

Independence disks are for 70gb of included samples. Open Samplitude, assign Independence to a track, and an install pop up opens asking if you want to install now, then by disk or online. You get to choose disk obviously, and should go WAY quicker than online download.
Have fun!

Thanks for the very quick response.  Sound Forge PRO 11 opens just fine, but I did exclude those couple of wave plugins, as I don't really need them there.  As I open Samplitude, there was an update, so when that completes I will go with your information, especially the 'Have fun!' part.  that is the whole point of all of this!

thanks,

Bart

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
GregRband
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 02:20:10 (permalink)
bwbalint
GregRband
bwbalint
djwayne

thanks,
Bart

Have fun!

Thanks for the very quick response.  Sound Forge PRO 11 opens just fine, but I did exclude those couple of wave plugins, as I don't really need them there.  As I open Samplitude, there was an update, so when that completes I will go with your information, especially the 'Have fun!' part.  that is the whole point of all of this!

thanks,

Bart

I am with you on that Bart. Mine is just finishing all the downloading.
Don’t forget to sign up at the forums and any questions will more than likely be met by Kraznet (Magix and YouTube). A very nice and helpful guy. Your products will be split between consumer site and pro audio site, both having forums. I signed up for both myself. Tell him I sent ya! And don’t forget to say hi once there!
Cheers!
JohnEgan
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 03:17:22 (permalink)
azslow3
I had only one reason to not take this "insane" deal... but the reason with good timing.
Something keep me from taking such "insane" deals.

I hear ya, usually when something sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't, like lifetime updates, fool me once, fool me twice..., I guess you pay your money and you take your chances, while its not a big cost, Id would have liked some time to demo it. 

John Egan

djwayne
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 04:19:32 (permalink)

Those iZotope Mastering plug-ins in Sound Forge are AWESOOOOOOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 05:20:45 (permalink)
JohnEgan
azslow3
Something keep me from taking such "insane" deals.

I hear ya, usually when something sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't, like lifetime updates, fool me once, fool me twice..., I guess you pay your money and you take your chances, while its not a big cost, Id would have liked some time to demo it. 

They are working an update at the moment and apparently taking on more developers, so I think it's a fairly safe bet.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 05:29:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby GregRband 2017/12/07 23:05:27
I'll be seeing some of you in the Samplitude forum then. By the way, there is a Samplitude forum in the Magix community section, but they also have a dedicated Samplitude and Sequoia forum which is much better.

I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

If you don't have a superfast internet connection order the DVDs. The downloads took ages!

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 05:56:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bodhi65 2017/12/20 22:42:30
rsinger
Does Independence Pro let you select the installation location? If I can install it on an SSD other than C: I'll give it a try.

Yes you can set a samples path. It used to be set-up via links to the samples drive. It's been a while since I installed - so follow the magix install info. There's a Kraznet Youtube that makes it very clear and straight forward.
One extremely powerful and cool thing to note about Independence - you can use it to host other softsynths to do true synth stacks. It does not seem to work with multitimbral synths - but those with simple stereo outs work great. It's amazing to couple something like NI FM-7 for example with really good quality acoustic samples in INDE. Inde is a pretty deep sample / synth engine. Really good quality effects as well.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
rsinger
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 18:14:26 (permalink)
Great, thanks.

Sonar Platinum, 64 bit, win 7 pro - 64 bit 
Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, 480Gb + 256Gb SSDs, 1 Tb Velociraptor, Echo AudioFire4

Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 20:13:28 (permalink)
35mm
I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

Opinion only definitely not fact.  It is fully fledged DAW that is excellent to use and capable of producing as fine as quality result as any other DAW.  In fact midi wise after looking into things Samplitude may not be for those who are into using external midi hardware and rely on a solid and well featured midi side for their method of creating music.
That has been mentioned before.  There are plenty other great audio biased DAW's out there such as Nuendo for example.  But you can see where Cubase for example might fit into other peoples workflow compared to Nuendo say. They are different and do different things.

Studio One is strong and powerful in both audio and midi operations.  It all basically comes down to who is driving it and how much they know about it.  Samplitude is also a fine DAW for sure.  But for someone who has used Studio One for a while and knows it well, switching to Samplitude would not necessarily be a smart decision.  I see no reason for example to change to it.  Just another learning curve to basically do what I am doing right now.  And in some areas probably not as well. You guys though have a real need so I understand why it would be a great choice.  Do some deep research though before just jumping on no brainer deals. 

If you buy too many DAW's, you will end up with a bunch of them that you won't use and in the end you will probably be using one for almost everything, which you can do of course. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
djwayne
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/07 20:37:21 (permalink)
I bought into a bunch of DAW's so that I could see what they were like and how well they worked with my computer, midi keyboard, USB interface, dual monitors etc....this was the only way to determine what was best for my system. The easiest solution was Mixcraft Pro 8 and Sound Forge for editing. This combination will take care of my needs for quite a while. I love the easy work flow, I love the final mix I'm getting, I love how well my plug-ins work.......I love how it looks on my monitors.....yes I spent a lot for the luxury of comparing different DAWS, and some will sit unused, but in the end it's worth it because I have a setup that works very well for me. As they say, the cream will rise to the top. 
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 00:20:02 (permalink)
35mm

It's really interesting. I had the opposite experience. I have had a strange bus against Studio One for a while now, I tried to get into it a few years back but found it opaque, and I have a friend who rates Samplitude pretty highly so when I saw the deal I installed the demo. I really wanted and tried to like it but while I could see the depth and quality of it, it ran like crap on my system and felt sluggish, whereas Studio One was quick and responsive and all of a sudden I was leaning in that direction. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on S1 when I saw the thread about Reaper and thought, yeah, you know, I have always had a soft spot for the Punk DAW, I shouldd give it another look... And suddenly, at the end of a long process of trying to settle on where I might hang my hat now that Sonar is going belly up... I am pretty sure it's going to be Reaper for me. YMMV but seriously, it's pretty incredible what that 11mB install delivers!

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1