Helpful ReplyInsane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 8
Author
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 00:40:45 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
35mm
I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

Opinion only definitely not fact.  It is fully fledged DAW that is excellent to use and capable of producing as fine as quality result as any other DAW.  In fact midi wise after looking into things Samplitude may not be for those who are into using external midi hardware and rely on a solid and well featured midi side for their method of creating music.
That has been mentioned before.  There are plenty other great audio biased DAW's out there such as Nuendo for example.  But you can see where Cubase for example might fit into other peoples workflow compared to Nuendo say. They are different and do different things.

Studio One is strong and powerful in both audio and midi operations.  It all basically comes down to who is driving it and how much they know about it.  Samplitude is also a fine DAW for sure.  But for someone who has used Studio One for a while and knows it well, switching to Samplitude would not necessarily be a smart decision.  I see no reason for example to change to it.  Just another learning curve to basically do what I am doing right now.  And in some areas probably not as well. You guys though have a real need so I understand why it would be a great choice.  Do some deep research though before just jumping on no brainer deals. 

If you buy too many DAW's, you will end up with a bunch of them that you won't use and in the end you will probably be using one for almost everything, which you can do of course. 

Sure it's opinion. As is your take on Samplitude and your bias toward S1. Samplitude is miles more featured and certainly has no lack of midi features. It has full support for external midi instruments and controllers and external effects. Which is more than I can say for Studio One. I'm not knocking Studio One. It's great for someone who doesn't need the more advanced features some other DAWs offer, but it's a handicap if you do. I spent good money on Studio One Pro too, so I don't have a bias here.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
GregRband
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 00:44:15 (permalink)
subtlearts
35mm
I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

It's really interesting. I had the opposite experience. I have had a strange bus against Studio One for a while now, I tried to get into it a few years back but found it opaque, and I have a friend who rates Samplitude pretty highly so when I saw the deal I installed the demo. I really wanted and tried to like it but while I could see the depth and quality of it, it ran like crap on my system and felt sluggish, whereas Studio One was quick and responsive and all of a sudden I was leaning in that direction. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on S1 when I saw the thread about Reaper and thought, yeah, you know, I have always had a soft spot for the Punk DAW, I shouldd give it another look... And suddenly, at the end of a long process of trying to settle on where I might hang my hat now that Sonar is going belly up... I am pretty sure it's going to be Reaper for me. YMMV but seriously, it's pretty incredible what that 11mB install delivers!

Interesting on the experience you had... I would say mine has been opposite of yours with S13Pro I own, not necessarily sluggish, but more heavy on system resources than other daws I own in certain times on my humble computers. It’s a great software for sure, but aren’t they all really...... just different.
I own too many already, but I went for the Magix super deal and I love it. It wasn’t slow by any means, but I have to say after I got all the content finally loaded and in place, I did two hard drive defrags that took awhile.... it’s super fast now, low resources too, works for me!
35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 00:44:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby GregRband 2017/12/08 00:46:58
subtlearts
35mm

It's really interesting. I had the opposite experience. I have had a strange bus against Studio One for a while now, I tried to get into it a few years back but found it opaque, and I have a friend who rates Samplitude pretty highly so when I saw the deal I installed the demo. I really wanted and tried to like it but while I could see the depth and quality of it, it ran like crap on my system and felt sluggish, whereas Studio One was quick and responsive and all of a sudden I was leaning in that direction. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on S1 when I saw the thread about Reaper and thought, yeah, you know, I have always had a soft spot for the Punk DAW, I shouldd give it another look... And suddenly, at the end of a long process of trying to settle on where I might hang my hat now that Sonar is going belly up... I am pretty sure it's going to be Reaper for me. YMMV but seriously, it's pretty incredible what that 11mB install delivers!

What is your system? Samplitude flies along on mine. It loads way faster than Sonar did and faster than S1 for me. Also way more stable than Sonar and S1 for me. It's all horses for courses at the end of the day. The best DAW is the one that you can be most productive with and enjoy using most.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
mikedocy
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1157
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 00:44:41 (permalink)
The 149 dollar sale has been extended to Dec 20.
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 01:24:08 (permalink)
35mm
Sure it's opinion. As is your take on Samplitude and your bias toward S1. Samplitude is miles more featured and certainly has no lack of midi features. It has full support for external midi instruments and controllers and external effects. Which is more than I can say for Studio One. I'm not knocking Studio One. It's great for someone who doesn't need the more advanced features some other DAWs offer, but it's a handicap if you do. I spent good money on Studio One Pro too, so I don't have a bias here.

The problem here is you don't know Studio One very well.  It is way more featured than you think. You have not spent the time with it so your assessment of it is a bit incorrect. I would say it is on a similar footing. 

The thing with Studio One is the depth and features are well hidden in many cases. You just have to know how to access them that is all.  Other DAW's make the features much more obvious and clear.  But the tradeoff there is clutter compared to Studio One.

Not interested in getting into a war about it but I have 6 years of deep experience with Studio One compared to yourself.  You could list all the features of Samplitude and I bet I could mirror most of them in Studio One and the ones that seem not to be available are usually solved with a clever and elegant workaround.

For someone starting out though I can see Samplitude being an excellent choice.  It is not so much about features because they are there in Studio One also,  it is more about that DAW resonating with you.

As Hans Zimmer quoted "the best DAW for you is the one you know"

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
DaGeek
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 01:53:50 (permalink)
35mm
subtlearts
35mm

What is your system? Samplitude flies along on mine. It loads way faster than Sonar did and faster than S1 for me. Also way more stable than Sonar and S1 for me. It's all horses for courses at the end of the day. The best DAW is the one that you can be most productive with and enjoy using most.

The demo installs both 32bit and 64bit icons. The 32bit was indeed sluggish but 64bit flies in comparison. He may have run the 32bit since that one is just labeled Samplitude Pro X3 Suite. 

Cakewalk by BandLab | Sonar Platinum | Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING 7-OP  | Intel  Core i7 8086k CPU | 16 GB Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Focusrite Forte

Kev914
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 02:14:19 (permalink)
So is it OK to have more than one DAW on a machine?

And is there anyway to have Samplitude install the instruments on the D drive instead of the C drive? My C drive is a SS. It's not that big. I installed Samplitude on the D drive, but the few instruments I have loaded have all gone to the C drive. No matter what I try. I added a path in the preferences for the VST and they still went to the C drive. If there is no way to install them to the D drive then I guess I won't be using this program. Seems like a good deal, but right now I'm wishing I hadn't bought it. Makes me wish Sonar hadn't gone belly up.

I was happy with Sonar. It was the only DAW that I have ever used. And when I search online for the best DAWs, it was listed as Number 2 on the one site and Number 6 on another, so it's hard to understand why it failed.

I have sent Magix a support request and I did ask on their forum, but so far no one has answered.
35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 02:35:52 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
35mm

The problem here is you don't know Studio One very well.  It is way more featured than you think. You have not spent the time with it so your assessment of it is a bit incorrect. I would say it is on a similar footing. 

The thing with Studio One is the depth and features are well hidden in many cases. You just have to know how to access them that is all.  Other DAW's make the features much more obvious and clear.  But the tradeoff there is clutter compared to Studio One.

Not interested in getting into a war about it but I have 6 years of deep experience with Studio One compared to yourself.  You could list all the features of Samplitude and I bet I could mirror most of them in Studio One and the ones that seem not to be available are usually solved with a clever and elegant workaround.

For someone starting out though I can see Samplitude being an excellent choice.  It is not so much about features because they are there in Studio One also,  it is more about that DAW resonating with you.

As Hans Zimmer quoted "the best DAW for you is the one you know"

Yes, no war necessary, but I could say the same back to you about you not knowing Samplitude very well. Everything you have said about it so far suggests you have never used it seriously for any amount of time. And "For someone starting out though I can see Samplitude being an excellent choice", is completely insane! For someone just starting out, I would suggest Studio One. Samplitude Pro X would be too much for a novice. I started out in the 80's.

"The problem here is you don't know Studio One very well.  It is way more featured than you think. You have not spent the time with it so your assessment of it is a bit incorrect. I would say it is on a similar footing. "

I have now had Studio One and Samplitude for the same amount of time and have been using them both. So I am perfectly able to make an unbiased comparison. There are several well-known facts that can't be argued with; Samplitude has been around for decades and has had much more time to develop its feature set. Studio One is a much more recent addition and hasn't had time to develop the same feature set as the higher end DAWs. The audio engine in Samplitude is one of the best in the industry. Studio One cannot handle the load as well as Samplitude - I've tested that.

"The thing with Studio One is the depth and features are well hidden in many cases. You just have to know how to access them that is all.  Other DAW's make the features much more obvious and clear.  But the tradeoff there is clutter compared to Studio One."

Well, if the features are there, but are well hidden that's a bit of a non-starter for me. I don't have time to play hide 'n seek while I am working. I need to access features quickly and intuitively. There is no clutter - just features! You seem to be making the argument that chucking away half the spanners in your toolbox is advantageous because it makes the toolbox less cluttered and easier to carry.

"You could list all the features of Samplitude and I bet I could mirror most of them in Studio One and the ones that seem not to be available are usually solved with a clever and elegant workaround."

No, you couldn't. I have tried. I would love to know how to set up my external hardware in S1, specifically my M-audio ProjectMix. I can set it up as a Makie device just fine, but I have no way of programming the button assignments for controlling the DAW. All I can find is basic midi learn features that will work ok with my controller keyboard for basic stuff. Tell me where I can find the extensive metering and analyzers that Samplitude has built-into the GUI, in S1? Tell me where I can find an editable midi event list in S1? Tell me how to do spectral editing in the timeline of Studio One... the list goes on.

'As Hans Zimmer quoted "the best DAW for you is the one you know"'

Hans Zimmer uses Cubase! :)

I'm glad Studio One has worked out for you. I think it can only get better as time goes on, and I will be using it here and there - I want to get my money's worth! But having the choice, it looks like I'll be using Samplitude for the serious, heavy lifting. Good luck.

35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/08 02:43:04 (permalink)
Kev914
So is it OK to have more than one DAW on a machine?

And is there anyway to have Samplitude install the instruments on the D drive instead of the C drive? My C drive is a SS. It's not that big. I installed Samplitude on the D drive, but the few instruments I have loaded have all gone to the C drive. No matter what I try. I added a path in the preferences for the VST and they still went to the C drive. If there is no way to install them to the D drive then I guess I won't be using this program. Seems like a good deal, but right now I'm wishing I hadn't bought it. Makes me wish Sonar hadn't gone belly up.

I was happy with Sonar. It was the only DAW that I have ever used. And when I search online for the best DAWs, it was listed as Number 2 on the one site and Number 6 on another, so it's hard to understand why it failed.

I have sent Magix a support request and I did ask on their forum, but so far no one has answered.

You can have multiple DAWs on your machine. You may not be able to run that all at the same time.

The content installer is a pain in the a*se. I had to work out where everything was getting installed to on the C drive, then move it to another drive leaving links to it on the C drive. The content for Independence (70GB) takes ages to download. When you first open Independence it will prompt you to download it all, but that does let you choose a path.

raisindot
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/11 21:44:50 (permalink)
Okay, I have no idea of whether this will work, or whether I'll like it or not, but I ordered the DVD set through the special offer on 12/7, and it arrived--from Germany!--today. That's incredible. Especially since shipping was free.

How come whenever I order something in the US it always, always take 5 days to get here via UPS or Fedex, even if it's shipped from the next state over?

35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 09:25:25 (permalink)
raisindot
Okay, I have no idea of whether this will work, or whether I'll like it or not, but I ordered the DVD set through the special offer on 12/7, and it arrived--from Germany!--today. That's incredible. Especially since shipping was free.

How come whenever I order something in the US it always, always take 5 days to get here via UPS or Fedex, even if it's shipped from the next state over?

You haven't said where in the world you are ;)

Stuff coming from the US to the UK takes ages. At least a week. And the hold up always seems to be on the US side for some reason.

SERecords
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 13:10:55 (permalink)
Thanks everyone for sharing all the info! I’ve not been able to find the option to order the DVD’s though- does it show up after you enter the credit card information? I’ve aborted the purchase when I get to this point as I don’t want to be stuck with downloading as my only option. On both browsers I’ve used I’m not given a choice when selecting “Buy Now”.
SERecords
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 13:26:22 (permalink)
To clarify I’m given “Download” as the only delivery option after adding it to the cart.
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 14:21:57 (permalink)
Yep it looks like they took the option of mailing DVD's off the table for this offer :(

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

SERecords
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 14:36:59 (permalink)
I’ll call them and ask if they’ll honor the deal if I pay for the shipping.
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 14:46:01 (permalink)
I saw the same here: the mailing option was removed from 'Download Method.'  Yes, I would call or email them.  I couldn't do the downloading either.  

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
Sidroe
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1954
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 14:59:35 (permalink)
Download for Independence Pro library took 10 hours on it's own. Backed up everything on a USB drive.

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
michael diemer
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 22:11:13 (permalink)
Can anyone tell me what the score editor in Samplitude is like? I need it to be able to display all instruments of the orchestra at once, and  have the flexibility that sonar's has in selecting, editing, scrolling etc. It is an incredible deal, but I absolutely need a score editor that works like sonar's. So far, the only one I've found is Reaper's.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 22:16:01 (permalink)
The trial version is available on this page
nickmew
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 23:03:19 (permalink)
Sidroe
Download for Independence Pro library took 10 hours on it's own. Backed up everything on a USB drive.

Eh? I've just downloaded the whole lot in well under an hour! Took longer to install.
Guess I'm lucky with decent fibre broadband here.

20 years of Cakewalk and I'm bouncing between options like everyone else;

Used Cubase 5 ages ago - hated it.
Recently used Cubase 9 Pro on a 30 day demo due to picking up someone else's project but after a week ended up OMFing it to Sonar as I just didn't get on with it. (Pre-Gibson trashing of Sonar, so probably wasn't trying too hard)

Pro Tools you just have to spend too much to get the benefit. And I have used it, just was a bit meh.

Logic is nice, but I'd need to buy a Mac for the studio (I run PC in the Studio and Macbook with Bootcamp for mobile / home)

Bought Reaper a few years back but was just plain fugly and needed a lot of tweaking to work it

Bought Studio One bundled with Notion on Black Friday - don't regret this, seems nice, didn't have a proper scoring tool before so will use Notion / S1 together regardless

Saw this deal and thought - **** it. I can spend that on good wine in a week. Only issue so far is the swine just installed the extra content all on my C: drive. Sure I can shift that though :-)

Interesting times ahead.....

scook
Forum Host
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/12 23:06:53 (permalink)
About a day for the Independence library a few days ago. Don't think a bigger pipe would have made a difference, the files were not being served up very fast.
Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/13 03:39:30 (permalink)
The Independence content download (70GB) took about three hours for me. My nominal speed is 50 Megs. I did it in the middle of the night -- unintentionally. Clicked "download" at midnight not knowing what to expect, ended up going to bed. In the morning I had a message that said something like "Download Successful." But the next day when I tried to use Independence in Samplitude, it asked to "install" the content. I told it to go ahead, and then it couldn't find the content on my PC. Neither could I, so I ended up downloading it again as part of the install. Haven't looked yet to see if I have an extra 70 gigs of stuff hiding somewhere.

All this (death of SONAR, everyone having time-limited sales) is happening while I'm finishing a project in SONAR, so I'm too scrambled to properly check out Mixcraft, Studio One and Samplitude, which are the only three I'm planning to look at. Leaning toward Samplitude because it seems to be the most comprehensive.

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
michael diemer
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 04:33:03 (permalink)
OK, I downloaded the demo, got the 30 day gig. I'm exploring it using one of my orchestral pieces (imported the midi). I'm especially interested in the score view. I have it up, but it's in microscope mode, so to speak. Incredibly small. I have it expanded so it fills most of the page, and have the horizontal zoom set. But I can't get it to zoom vertically. The vertical zoom control only zooms the midi editor. (The horizontal control does zoom the score, so that is fine). Everything is really, really small. Anyone know how to deal with this? Thank you.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

scook
Forum Host
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 05:07:43 (permalink)
Try click-dragging the sash between the Matrix Editor (aka PRV) and the Score Editor Pane

michael diemer
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 05:08:16 (permalink)
OK, I found a setting that was checked "automatic zoom." By unchecking it, I finally got it to zoom vertically.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

michael diemer
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 06:05:50 (permalink)
scook
Try click-dragging the sash between the Matrix Editor (aka PRV) and the Score Editor Pane

Yes, I did that. Basically, I now have a viewable score, but the notes are too big. Can't see how to fix that. I'm doubtful this is going to be practical for me. In general, Samplitude appears way too complex for my needs. Only Sonar and Reaper have a score editor that works for me. (I have already ruled out Cubase as well). I'm actually playing around with Sonar 8.5.3, my latest version. I find myself wishing I had upgraded, even to Artist or Pro...guess it's too late now. Which means it's probably Reaper. 8.5 is just too old. Too bad, it was a great DAW, I had the best workflow in it.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 12:29:12 (permalink)
In Samplittude what is the equivalent to ‘bounce’? Any particulars with it? And under what menu tree is that found?

Boy am I tired of reading new manuals and interpreting between the different DAWs.

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 14:50:02 (permalink)
michael diemer

...8.5 is just too old. Too bad, it was a great DAW, I had the best workflow in it.

Me, too. One of the big positives for me with Samplitude is how similar its automation is to 8.5. 

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 15:04:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bodhi65 2017/12/20 23:11:50
bwbalint
In Samplittude what is the equivalent to ‘bounce’? Any particulars with it? And under what menu tree is that found?

Boy am I tired of reading new manuals and interpreting between the different DAWs.

I do far more freezing than conventional bounces, and Samplitude does have freeze/unfreeze that's just as convenient as SONAR. You can also drag frozen audio to another track, something else I do often in SONAR.

The bounce dialog in Samplitude is under the Tools menu (Tools -> Track Bouncing).

Samplitude does something that I've only seen in one other DAW, which is the concept of "virtual" projects (VIPs). Basically, it's a project within a project. You can, for example, bounce your VIs into a new virtual sub-project and then work on them as if they'd been audio files all along. The VIP remains part of your main project, and you can switch back to the original at any time. (Caveat: I haven't actually used Samplitude yet!)

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
M@
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotop 2017/12/14 15:27:07 (permalink)
So this is a US promo.....could anyone who got the deal and downloaded be so kind and check/confirm that the software can be set to other (i.e. German) languages as well?
Thanks in advance

Edit: couldn't wait :)) ordered. Am looking forward to testing stability of this product.
post edited by M@ - 2017/12/14 16:36:46

Tracking: Sonar Platinum (X3 Producer, X2 studio, X1 expanded, 8.3) (64bit)
System: Win10 Pro (64bit), Asus  P8Z77 V Le Plus, I7-3770k, 16GB Ram, SSD System drive, Raid1 Recording & Backup drive, VS-700 Set, TC Konnekt 48
Instruments: Roland Juno Stage, Kawai CA5, Washburn X50Pro, Blackstar-One100, Merida,...
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1