LockedMade Sonar X1 video on Youtube

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
SH
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 942
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 15:02:52 (permalink)
If you actually watched the video, you will see just after 11:27 the snap function turns off by itself. He didn't notice it. The snap function should never turn on/off by itself.

... or he accidently hit F12 (Snap shortcut)
HumbleNoise
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 15:08:47 (permalink)
FBB,

Here's what I tried. I have a normal template with a single hidden audio track and whenever I change the magnetic strength to off it would revert back to medium upon reopening. However when I deleted that track and reset mag strength to off, saved as normal, re-opened, it saved my setting. So I think that setting is tied to the track somehow. Anyway when I deleted my single track it would remember the setting but NOT while that track was in the template.

That's the only explanation for your setting to revert to something different than mine. Not sure how to set up a track that will remember my setting for the normal template but am working on it.

EDIT:   OR - it's saved in a Screen Set. I think that's the culprit here.  Yeah confirmed that on my system.
post edited by HumbleNoise - 2011/01/23 15:18:30

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
NVidia 9800 GTX
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Etostone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 202
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 15:49:39 (permalink)
It's great to see so many people responding to your post. I hope you get something out of all this support. 
For once more Cakewalk forums are the most active than any other sequencer ! 

Etostone Music Producer/Mastering Engineer/Label Owner

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Mastering Site
- Visit my Label Site

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 15:58:47 (permalink)
SH

If you actually watched the video, you will see just after 11:27 the snap function turns off by itself. He didn't notice it. The snap function should never turn on/off by itself.

So he reached across his keyboard with his left hand while double clicking on a clip using his mouse with his right hand and accidentally hit the F12 key? That's your alternative theory?

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:06:10 (permalink)
Bub

SH

So he reached across his keyboard with his left hand while double clicking on a clip using his mouse with his right hand and accidentally hit the F12 key? That's your alternative theory?

No it's the "PRV snap settings" bug at work. See my post #56 for more info. It can do weird things like in the vid or you may not notice it at all. It all depends on your PRV snap to vs TV snap to settings.
Fog
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:11:40 (permalink)
Bub

Yeah, nobody has ever faked a Jamaican accent before. If that's the kind of people you have hanging out in London, I think I'll just stay here in the State's.

bub, people fake accents sure.. but it's not just that.. if you look at the videos he's done.. it's implied (notice the gap while he thinks to say it) . much like wherever your from? I could do some accent and it's about the context not the accent itself.

Also the fact I know a few Canadians who are doing valid "electronica" (hate that term) who ARE doing valid music.. and you get cluless chumps like him mouthing off..

I'm gonna take a guess you don't do any form of music with breakbeats in or drum machines like the 808 / 909 etc ?

he also talks about grime in another video.. again it's like he got his knowledge off wikipedia and doesn't know what he's on about.

he's had sonar all of 2 minutes by the look of that video.. so how can you be an expert let alone clued up about it.

so yep it's insulting to certain folk for a number of reasons.

come to London if you want.. if you got what I was actually saying , the you might not be so disagreeable

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:18:23 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

FBB,

Here's what I tried. I have a normal template with a single hidden audio track and whenever I change the magnetic strength to off it would revert back to medium upon reopening. However when I deleted that track and reset mag strength to off, saved as normal, re-opened, it saved my setting. So I think that setting is tied to the track somehow. Anyway when I deleted my single track it would remember the setting but NOT while that track was in the template.

That's the only explanation for your setting to revert to something different than mine. Not sure how to set up a track that will remember my setting for the normal template but am working on it.

EDIT:   OR - it's saved in a Screen Set. I think that's the culprit here.  Yeah confirmed that on my system.

You are right. It wasn't saving for me because my screenset was locked. That can go as another plus for screensets then. Individual magnetic strength settings. It would be handy to have an "apply to all SS" option though just to save opening the preferences 10 times.
Crush
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 138
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:21:36 (permalink)
SH

No.

I was holding one hand on the mouse, and the other hand was hand held Sony mic so I wasn't touching the keyboard.

As a software developer, database, IT, computer person, I can tell you that when changes don't stick or these sorts of issues happen, it's because of extremely poor sphegetti code in the background from developers who have no idea what they are doing.

Developers that are working as students in the third world and working for FREE without the knowledge of Cakewalk/Roland or DAW's in general.

This would explain why this product has become such a failure if it's true that they have offshored development. You never, ever offshore development for a business tool like Sonar. Microsoft products are  still developed by American developers in Washington. I should know I worked there.

Take a step back, how often to settings just change and 'not stick' in ANY software you download these days. I mean guys.. this is how BAD it really is.

I would hate to say it's almost a disaster. There's NO WAY American developers are behind this.
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:24:34 (permalink)
If I move to America will I become clever?
guitarmikeh
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 942
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:26:14 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

If I move to America will I become clever?

no. but you'll get to carry a gun.   in most states.
post edited by guitarmikeh - 2011/01/23 16:27:27

I harbor no ill will towards any man.
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:33:41 (permalink)
wow this thread took an even weirder turn than I thought possible. 

Could the OP please post his "not made in America" facts? I find this the most laughable of all his crazy rants. 

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
HumbleNoise
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:35:16 (permalink)
Bye Crush,

Gave you the benefit of the doubt - a couple of times.

Offered to help -  a couple of times.

But not even the simple common courtesy of acknowledging that help just more babbling about how "...this product has become such a failure..." and something about things not sticking even when that explanation was given in a previous post.

This forum has a reputation of being a great forum with knowledgeable and helpful people.

You simply do not belong here. BYE.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
NVidia 9800 GTX
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:40:12 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

Bye Crush,

Gave you the benefit of the doubt - a couple of times.

Offered to help -  a couple of times.

But not even the simple common courtesy of acknowledging that help just more babbling about how "...this product has become such a failure..." and something about things not sticking even when that explanation was given in a previous post.

This forum has a reputation of being a great forum with knowledgeable and helpful people.

You simply do not belong here. BYE.

Why is it that you think everyone is asking for or needs your help? Why does anyone need your "benefit of the doubt"? Who are you to decide who does and doesn't belong here?
Supercomposer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:40:45 (permalink)
Crush

I would hate to say it's almost a disaster. There's NO WAY American developers are behind this.
I have read the term disaster in context with X1 several times by several users. Well at least it´s pretty sure the german coders who usually deliver quality code for other products are not behind it but THIRD WORLD? Don´t think so
I think its just 19 versions of piled up code, containing a lot of third party elements instead of own developments (like FX Teleport which clearly was visible on the Bit Bridge, and so on.)
They should have started really from scratch with X1. Fresh code, new design, that would have been cool

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:42:15 (permalink)
Wow! What a place this has become;)

Well, I was going to chime in and clarify a few things in my first post but there's too much nonsense here. So I log off and leave this thread behind.

To the OP: There were some people trying to give you advice and constructive critisizm but you've heavily declined it. And your rant about third world coding, I realized I can't take you seriously after all;)

Peace!

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 16:45:54 (permalink)
Fog

Bub

Yeah, nobody has ever faked a Jamaican accent before. If that's the kind of people you have hanging out in London, I think I'll just stay here in the State's.

bub, people fake accents sure.. but it's not just that.. if you look at the videos he's done.. it's implied (notice the gap while he thinks to say it) . much like wherever your from? I could do some accent and it's about the context not the accent itself.

Also the fact I know a few Canadians who are doing valid "electronica" (hate that term) who ARE doing valid music.. and you get cluless chumps like him mouthing off..

I'm gonna take a guess you don't do any form of music with breakbeats in or drum machines like the 808 / 909 etc ?

he also talks about grime in another video.. again it's like he got his knowledge off wikipedia and doesn't know what he's on about.

he's had sonar all of 2 minutes by the look of that video.. so how can you be an expert let alone clued up about it.

so yep it's insulting to certain folk for a number of reasons.

come to London if you want.. if you got what I was actually saying , the you might not be so disagreeable
Yep you're right man. Everything I've ever said and done is wrong.

It sucks being a ****ing ****.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 17:10:57 (permalink)
bub, please don't put words in my mouth , I never said anything of the sort regarding you..

I did not say anything along them lines. I think we disagree on the matter.. much as if I start insulting music you like (or grew up with some of the pioneers of it.. due to geography / location) , without having a clue about it.. and that's pretty much what the thread starter has done.

post edited by Fog - 2011/01/23 17:15:55
chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 17:20:16 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

FastBikerBoy

Here's the snap 'feature' that makes me bat crap crazy. Magnetic strength needs to be turned off to 'snap' the hardest. It's the single most unintuitive setting I think I've ever seen a piece of software. And it needs to be changed for every project, every time as X1 won't remember the setting.

Set it how you want it and then save as your 'normal' template.

Yeah tried that of course. Mine reverts back to medium every time.
Mine has a mind of it's own. Even if I save a project, template, whatever I have to go back into it and change it sometimes.

BTW, in fact off DOES make sense because of what magnetic strength is. Off means total snap to grid. What MS is used for is you can hover a part in between grid settings and depending on how close you are to the snap mark it will pull magnetically. Or if you are zoomed out enough the clip will NOT snap. I don't know how to do moving picture capture so I don't know how to show you what I mean.

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 17:23:27 (permalink)
Mine has a mind of it's own. Even if I save a project, template, whatever I have to go back into it and change it sometimes.

HumbleNoise discovered the setting is saved as part of the screenset so you have 10 different snap-to settings depending on which SS you are using. Mine wasn't saving because I was using a locked SS.
chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 17:32:49 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

HumbleNoise discovered the setting is saved as part of the screenset so you have 10 different snap-to settings depending on which SS you are using. Mine wasn't saving because I was using a locked SS.

Screensets don't work for me at all because in x64 all the plugs become undocked

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 17:42:14 (permalink)
Crush

SH

No.

I was holding one hand on the mouse, and the other hand was hand held Sony mic so I wasn't touching the keyboard.

As a software developer, database, IT, computer person, I can tell you that when changes don't stick or these sorts of issues happen, it's because of extremely poor sphegetti code in the background from developers who have no idea what they are doing.

Developers that are working as students in the third world and working for FREE without the knowledge of Cakewalk/Roland or DAW's in general.

This would explain why this product has become such a failure if it's true that they have offshored development. You never, ever offshore development for a business tool like Sonar. Microsoft products are  still developed by American developers in Washington. I should know I worked there.

Take a step back, how often to settings just change and 'not stick' in ANY software you download these days. I mean guys.. this is how BAD it really is.

Are you related to Sarah Palin by any chance?

Crush
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 138
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 18:35:45 (permalink)
Are you related to Sarah Palin by any chance?

See instead of addressing the real issues, the haters are in 'army defense mode' trying to protect a product that clearly should not have been released. If you feel an emotional need to wave a sword and shield for a consumer product, then the folly is on you, NOT ME. Do you understand that last sentence?

I want Sonar X1 to do great. Same with Roland an Cakewalk. Because if THEY do better, *I* do better and so do you. Because I care about you guys as fellow consumers. That's WHY I'm here posting. The answer to resolve these problems is not to defend broken products that should not have been released, the answer is to HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE AND THREATEN TO MOVE TO ANOTHER PRODUCT. IF YOU DO THIS THEY WILL BRING USA DEVELOPMENT BACK TO CAKEWALK AND THE ISSUES WILL BE RESOLVED. If you have a problem with that statement then go ___ Obama or whatever your petty brainwashed minds think.

I'm about FIXING THE PRODUCT, NOT PLAYING GAMES OF RACISM AND POLITICS (that's so 2005.. the cool thing these days is to be anti authoritarian and govt haven't you heard?)

I have to say, I've used and purchase a LOT of products and software. It's RARE that something comes almost 'broken' or 'partially working'. It does happen but it's very rare.

FL might suck and I certainly do not like it. However, it should be noted that it actually WORKS. Its' problems are workflow and illogical design flaws. It's not 'broken' or not working as attended.

What I'm finding with Sonar is both design flaws and bugs. Huge bugs. Bugs so bad, there's NO way American developers (or European) were designing this. I simply don't believe it.
chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:04:21 (permalink)
Ugggggg as far as I'm concerned making all this small/large font sizes is the the same as shouting.

Stratman, you are going to hate me, but I would like to not have political jabs...not everyone thinks the same.

Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:06:22 (permalink)
chrisharbin

Ugggggg as far as I'm concerned making all this small/large font sizes is the the same as shouting.

Which would be why he did it.

Supercomposer
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:26:35 (permalink)
Well, CW is in serious trouble. So many users jump ship, its not looking too good for more future "X"

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:27:38 (permalink)
i dont know about all of you cause i cant actually speak for any of you..but this thread is a train wreck..there is everything in here for any sonar hater to love...i myself have been using  x1 to produce some really great stuff..i think its evident by the very first post that he doesnt like sonar.why are you reaching out trying to help him??..isnt it clear..i know its your human cakewalk instinct to give help..but listen to him..are you actualy listening?hes dogging the product ..does it have flaws..yes,yes,yes..but im not going to cry about or switch to something else..you dont have to use it..i paid for it just like you did!!!..but im making the best music i can right now with what i can do.crush if you dont like it,dont use it..i can respect that.maybe sooner or later youll see that sonar x1 is a pretty cool product...give or take the snap feature turning off or on....try to make music with it...enjoy it..try to enjoy it..you might actually like it...seriously..its a great program(with some flaws)
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:28:47 (permalink)
Supercomposer

Well, CW is in serious trouble. So many users jump ship, its not looking too good for more future "X"

It sounds funny to use the word future and X in the same sentence.
Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:34:52 (permalink)
Man I'm starvin'. All this arguing has worked up my appetite.

I'll be back later for an update.

:)

Jumbicat
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:35:28 (permalink)
Just like the lawyer thread...they live to be the center of attention. Just stop fueling the fire by replying and maybe they'll go away? Unless they bump the tread, then that's a TOS violation I believe.

Win7Pro64Bit-AMD-1090t -4 GIG OC DDR3-2k-GTX-465-C300 SATA6-SSD 64G-Sonar 8.5,X2a - Pro Tools Digi-001, a few Axon controllers
http://soundcloud.com/jumbicat
Supercomposer
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 19:41:22 (permalink)
10Ten

Supercomposer

It sounds funny to use the word future and X in the same sentence.
Oh now I get it! Sonar is my future X-host. That makes me an Ex Sonar user, right?

Well last chance to try a re-install for testing will be X1b, if that does not deliver the goods I am outta here and leave the discussion to the fanbois

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1