Match that, Cakewalk!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:38:34 (permalink)
Justin Frankel also has a history connected to warez. Winamp became so popular because he always handed it out for free to the warez sites. I have also read that he actually PAID warez sites to feature the program, and thus built up the reputation simply because so many people were downloading it. The guy also developed Gnutella, which was the default warez transfer program for a few years. He also has a history of developing good products, selling out to the highest bidder, then filling it with so much bloatware and bugs that it's unusable. The progs he developed that are still in use were taken over by others. He doesn't have a history of continuing what he starts, but leaving it for others to finish after he gets what he wants which is money. The guy isn't a rebel, he's a corporate whore.

I hope you have good legal counsel, I don't think I would accept this kind of language used on my person.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:43:00 (permalink)
When I started this thread, I was airing a much simpler concern, which I perhaps expressed too obliquely (for which I apologise). Put simply, the frequency of updates to Reaper deters me from considering it as a feasible alternative to Sonar. Some seem impressed by that, citing it as evidence of responsiveness, "listening to users" or whatever. IMO, the burden of such frequent updates is unacceptable because at the least they have to be verified (even if they are all fault-free, meaning that they introduce no new faults of themselves, not that they fix every known issue). Frankly, although I always look forward to new releases of Sonar, I know each one will be followed by a period of lower productivity as I understand the implications for workflow and learn new methods. Twice or thrice a year is as often as I want to go through that.

The comments made in this thread about the potential fragility of Cockos as a one-man outfit I find hard to believe to be honest, but assuming that they are true, that would also make me reluctant to take Reaper as a serious contender.

The powerful thing that Reaper is doing is to challenge the received wisdom of the DAW industry about value and price points. I don't think that Sonar is expensive, but it looks so next to Reaper, and it is not at all difficult to see how that might influence first-time buyers and build a large user base for Reaper. In reality, both cost next-to-nothing compared to the other costs that most of us seem to take in our strides, and allowing for the "extras" of soft synths and plugs in Sonar actually soon levels that apparent difference. I think it will be interesting to see how the established players respond, particularly in the light of Apple's decision to pitch Logic at a radically lower price level than before. I guess the worst outcome would be for Cakewalk to decide to follow the market down, reduce prices, reduce support, homogenise the product, and lose its own rep for distinctive support and performance ... oh, is that why tech support is getting so much criticism lately?
OldGeezer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:44:29 (permalink)
It's amazing how many idiots there are in the Sonar forums who apparently feel so threatened by peoples' love of Reaper that they'll write scathing McReviews without having the slightest clue what they're talking about. It's the same thing as some of the windbags in here who tell people who just wanna play with softsynths and/or samplers that they "must lose the X-Fi card" even though they've never tried an X-Fi card and don't have a clue what they're talking about (works great with synths and samplers). I've long ago learned that you have to take what you hear in the Sonar forums with a grain of salt, coz for every one who gives good advice, you've got ten self-professed experts who never have a clue what they're talking about, but keep talking anyways.
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:44:54 (permalink)
I don't think I would accept this kind of language
Yes - describing anyone as "corporate" is calumny indeed
Roflcopter
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:45:45 (permalink)
I don't think that Sonar is expensive, but it looks so next to Reaper, and it is not at all difficult to see how that might influence first-time buyers and build a large user base for Reaper. In reality, both cost next-to-nothing compared to the other costs that most of us seem to take in our strides, and allowing for the "extras" of soft synths and plugs in Sonar actually soon levels that apparent difference.

QFT - excellent point.

Roflcopter
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 05:48:18 (permalink)
Yes - describing anyone as "corporate" is calumny indeed

That hurts, no? I mean, people call me a warez prostitute every other day, but noone who values his expensive dental work would ever dare calling me 'corporate'.

UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 06:42:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Resonant Order

Justin Frankel also has a history connected to warez. Winamp became so popular because he always handed it out for free to the warez sites.

What a load of nonsense! Giving your software away for free has nothing to do with warez.

I have also read that he actually PAID warez sites to feature the program, and thus built up the reputation simply because so many people were downloading it.

Many people downloaded it because it was the best thing around at the time. (And probably still is in many respects). Nullsoft had no reason to pay anyone to host the downloads. That is not how all those sites work. (Which btw are not warez sites. Just download sites).

The guy also developed Gnutella, which was the default warez transfer program for a few years.

It is not a warez transfer program. It is a file transfer protocol which btw was releases under GPL. Calling it a wares transfer program is like calling a hammer a weapon because it can be used that way.

He also has a history of developing good products, selling out to the highest bidder, then filling it with so much bloatware and bugs that it's unusable.

If he sells out his products, how can he be held responsible for any bloat added AFTER he sells it? You are VERY OBVIOUSLY trying to find arguments to back your prejudice. Not the other way round.

The progs he developed that are still in use were taken over by others. He doesn't have a history of continuing what he starts, but leaving it for others to finish after he gets what he wants which is money. The guy isn't a rebel, he's a corporate whore.

Lets see. He got how much for Gnutella? Zero. And he stopped working on it because AOL forced him to stop. He didn't have much choice in the matter.

And yeah, all the fan-boi BS is getting thick.

Yeah, the Sonar fan-boy-ism.

UnderTow
Fog
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12302
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 07:10:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: vicsant
Well, he's got millions in the bank....so he doesn't need the job....and if he continues to improve on Reaper, all sales revenue goes to him

well vicsant, when the trial period finishs it has no nag screens etc. I can't honestly see all of the users buying it, as some won't (thats the reality of it). Maybe that'll change that in the future. I had a round up of the best freeware synths etc. Karma fx USED to be freeware, but got voted best freeware. I noticed that changed soon after it got best freeware "odd that".

ORIGINAL: DaneStewart
I have only one word.....WOZNIAK.

It's funny to mention that to apple users, a lot don't know who he is.

Although if I could hire a dream team to work on a DAW with vst's etc. I'd be including Dr. Gerhard Lengeling (the guy who was involved with c-lab / notator etc) , René (mr z3ta) and Urs Heckmann (mr zebra) to name but 3.

The audio engine is the main thing though with any DAW, my friend used to complain about the "live" one until the most recent update and now he's happy. Although to test any of them takes more than 1 hour.
AJ_0000
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 738
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 07:31:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: OldGeezer

It's amazing how many idiots there are in the Sonar forums who apparently feel so threatened by peoples' love of Reaper that they'll write scathing McReviews without having the slightest clue what they're talking about. It's the same thing as some of the windbags in here who tell people who just wanna play with softsynths and/or samplers that they "must lose the X-Fi card" even though they've never tried an X-Fi card and don't have a clue what they're talking about (works great with synths and samplers). I've long ago learned that you have to take what you hear in the Sonar forums with a grain of salt, coz for every one who gives good advice, you've got ten self-professed experts who never have a clue what they're talking about, but keep talking anyways.

Or maybe a better way to put it is that there are different levels of users. You have everything from professional engineers to casual-user novices posting here. I can see where people closer to the latter end of that scale would be attracted to Reaper, although I think anyone who uses MIDI to any extent will find themselves extremely limited by it.
HotCoollMusicGirl
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 991
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 08:13:09 (permalink)
Nice post, Undetow. I didn't have the patience to deconstruct AJ's McHatchet job on Justin Frankel. Good going.
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 08:32:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: HotCoollMusicGirl

Nice post, Undetow. I didn't have the patience to deconstruct AJ's McHatchet job on Justin Frankel. Good going.

For the record, it was Resonant Order's and not AJ's post.

UnderTow
HotCoollMusicGirl
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 08:48:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: AJ_0000

although I think anyone who uses MIDI to any extent will find themselves extremely limited by it.

Reaper lacks in MIDI functionality while Sonar has tons of it. But Sonar's MIDI implementation is primitive and cumbersome and undercuts its own potential.

Would I choose to use Reaper for MIDI over Sonar? Not today, no. But how heavily would I bet that will still be true in two years? Hmmm let's see... Sonar will probably ask me to bet roughly $179 twice between now and then, yet I'm fairly confident today that those bets will not pay off -- Sonar 7 was the long awaited big MIDI upgrade and it was ultimately an uneven, too-little effort.

The advantage that new companies developing new designs have is that they can learn from the mistakes and reap the experiences of others. The disadvantage of older companies building on legacy products is that can hardly learn from their own mistakes and experiences.

Of course the advantage the older companies have is market position, brand equity, and built in user base. But an advantage of smaller companies is they have little to lose through innovation. And they can always sell out to the biggies, who hae the advantage of money (or the money of their major stakeholders.)

Off hand, with the possible exception of Audio Snap (the origins of which I don't know) the most innovative things to hit Sonar in the last half decade is V-Vocal, a third party add-in; and the RGC and Sonitus suites of instruments and fx, both of which were acquired from small time "garage" operations. All of those are welcome additions, but are indeed in the category of "additions" of the plugin variety. Direct DAW functionality, and especially its interface, has changed in only minor ways. Load up Sonar 3 or 4 and you're still basically right at home: Some features will be missing, but most of the speedbumps, inconsistencies, and cramped semi-functional dialog boxes will be right where they remain today.

Whatever. Sonar is my platform of choice. I want to see it improved. Using Reaper (to the little extent I do, as I'm not prepared for a full scale platform switch) makes me want to see Sonar improved even more. One-hour chip-on-the-shoulder "reviews" can't do justice to any DAW.

As for Reaper, I'd be quite surprised if it doesn't in one way or another... in one form or another... under its current name or another... wind up wholly owned by someone bigger... and probably sooner than later. That is clearly the path Cockos is on, and a path Justin Frankel is quite familiar with. If that turns out to be CW (and I am NOT predicting that) that would be great and I'm confident the resulting product could leave Sonar and Project5 in the bit bin.

post edited by HotCoollMusicGirl - 2008/04/30 09:18:33
C Hudson
  • Total Posts : 990
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 08:48:56 (permalink)
Reaper certain is interesting.
personally I find the whole UI awful. having to arm a track before you select it's inputs, and then accessing the I/O by clicking on the meter, not the i/o button. The list goes on but it certainly needs work in that department IMO. Of course that is subjective to the user. Midi is very weak, but getting better. being forced to use 1/3 of the screen for that colsole looking thing if you want playback meter is another issue. Also, having to open another window to see what FX are on each track kind of sucks.

To each their own.

I would be very happy if Sonar could reach reapers audio performance though and retain the midi funtionality and gui model it has now. Perhaps reapers audio engine will show some flaws though as they continue to incorporate midi into the app.

Interesting times anyways in DAW land.

Best

CH
HotCoollMusicGirl
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 08:49:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: UnderTow

For the record, it was Resonant Order's and not AJ's post.

UnderTow

Ooops! You're right. Apologies to you, AJ and RO. :)
xackley
Max Output Level: -45.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2973
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 09:07:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: OldGeezer

Or maybe a better way to put it is that there are different levels of users. You have everything from professional engineers to casual-user novices posting here. I can see where people closer to the latter end of that scale would be attracted to Reaper, although I think anyone who uses MIDI to any extent will find themselves extremely limited by it.

Yes the 5% of midi sequencing that most nobody uses is not there yet. But for someone that plays a keyboard, or wants to mouse it in, to play back a VSti or HW synth, or record the output of a VSTi, it's there, including delay compensation for HW synths. The 5% is important to some people, and needs to be addressed. But even then the program will not be right for everyone's preferred way of working. Sonar has strengths not matched in reaper and visa versa.
And reaper is not freeware, and there is a 5 second nag screen for unlicensed use. Copy protection does not work, so penalizing honest users has been bypassed. The development is in the open, the bug are publicly listed, and the changes are well regulated in small increments, tested by who ever might be interested before official public release.
And if you buy it, decide you are done, you can sell it.

Van Gogh, seeing more that a vase of flowers.
http://www.vggallery.com
Newer Song "River", let me know if you don't like it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=162668
AJ_0000
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 09:28:28 (permalink)

although I think anyone who uses MIDI to any extent will find themselves extremely limited by it.

Reaper lacks in MIDI functionality while Sonar has tons of it. But Sonar's MIDI implementation is primitive and cumbersome and undercuts its own potential.

Please explain how.

Would I choose to use Reaper for MIDI over Sonar? Not today, no. But how heavily would I bet that will still be true in two years? Hmmm let's see... Sonar will probably ask me to bet roughly $179 twice between now and then, yet I'm fairly confident today that those bets will not pay off -- Sonar 7 was the long awaited big MIDI upgrade and it was ultimately an uneven, too-little effort.

The advantage that new companies developing new designs have is that they can learn from the mistakes and reap the experiences of others. The disadvantage of older companies building on legacy products is that can hardly learn from their own mistakes and experiences.

Of course the advantage the older companies have is market position, brand equity, and built in user base. But an advantage of smaller companies is they have little to lose through innovation. And they can always sell out to the biggies, who hae the advantage of money (or the money of their major stakeholders.)

Off hand, with the possible exception of Audio Snap (the origins of which I don't know) the most innovative things to hit Sonar in the last half decade is V-Vocal, a third party add-in; and the RGC and Sonitus suites of instruments and fx, both of which were acquired from small time "garage" operations. All of those are welcome additions, but are indeed in the category of "additions" of the plugin variety. Direct DAW functionality, and especially its interface, has changed in only minor ways. Load up Sonar 3 or 4 and you're still basically right at home: Some features will be missing, but most of the speedbumps, inconsistencies, and cramped semi-functional dialog boxes will be right where they remain today.

Whatever. Sonar is my platform of choice. I want to see it improved. Using Reaper (to the little extent I do, as I'm not prepared for a full scale platform switch) makes me want to see Sonar improved even more. One-hour chip-on-the-shoulder "reviews" can't do justice to any DAW.

As for Reaper, I'd be quite surprised if it doesn't in one way or another... in one form or another... under its current name or another... wind up wholly owned by someone bigger... and probably sooner than later. That is clearly the path Cockos is on, and a path Justin Frankel is quite familiar with. If that turns out to be CW (and I am NOT predicting that) that would be great and I'm confident the resulting product could leave Sonar and Project5 in the bit bin.

Reaper is a dramatically inferior product in comparison to any major DAW program you want to name. As I said before, the perception that it is somehow magical in its resource usage is directly related to the massive number of features legitimate programs have that Reaper does not.

I honestly don't understand your position. You seem to have an extremely low opinion of Sonar, and an extremely high opinion of Reaper, and yet you claim to still use Sonar. Why?
AJ_0000
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 09:35:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: xackley

Yes the 5% of midi sequencing that most nobody uses is not there yet.

5%? Are you kidding? Reaper has a simple piano roll view where you have to enter notes using keyboard shortcuts, and that's it. If you meant that Reaper has about 5% of Sonar's MIDI capabilities, you're right.

wst3
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1979
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 09:55:41 (permalink)
A slightly different perspective...

Reaper is cool! I downloaded it and gave it a spin. I've also been playing with Audacity and Ardour (on Linux, I keep a Linux box in the studio to experiment with things like C-Sound<G>). I regularly (too regularly) work with Cubase and Pro-Tools, and I get some cockpit time with Sequoia.

They are all cool tools! I stick with Sonar for several reasons:

1) I like the company. I am currently doing battle with Adobe to try to get my copy of Audition V1 installed on my new machine. I don't use it often, but it does come in handy from time to time. More to the point, they are obnoxious and arrogant, and if they ever thought they'd see another penny from me they are seriously deluded. I used to think that Waves was the worst vendor in our little niche, but the morons at Adobe have hung up on me twice, and I hadn't gotten around to telling them that they are morons yet... I was actually pretty polite!

2) Reaper is not feature rich, at least not with respect to the features that I use. That's a problem<G>!

3) I think what Justin is doing is admirable, but I make part of my living using a computer in my studio. I need software tools that I believe will still be here a year from now. This rather jaundiced view of the world is partly the result of having invested a lot of time and money in the Amiga and it's studio tools, and ending up an orphan. And there is no guarantee that Cakewalk will survive forever, but if I had to bet one way or the other I'd bet they will be around a long time.

About the only things I can think of that would cause me to switch platforms (after considering both time and money to do so) would be:

a) An open architecture similar to the one that Bars&Pipes provided. Granted, theirs was MIDI only, and doing that same thing with audio would be challenging. Still, the flexibility was wonderful. And to give Cakewalk their due, they've gotten closer and closer over the years. I think software based synths, both DirectX and VST may have been the final nail in that particular coffin because now the primary engine needs to know what the plug-in is doing, and that's not actually possible.

b) An XML link between a platform optimized for sequencing and a platform optimized for notation. The key is that both platforms need to retain the information that is specific to them, while at the same time allowing the other program to make changes. Sounds simple when you say it like that eh?

Beyond that, there are some tricks that Sequoia and Pro-Tools can do on the audio side that are pretty slick, but since I don't work that way they are not a temptation.

In the old days I used to maintain multiple platforms for different tasks. I had four (how dumb) audio editors, two MIDI sequencers, and two notation tools. It became a nightmare because I never really became proficient with any of them, and I was spending a fortune on updates and upgrades. These days I use Sonar as my primary tool, Finale for notation, Sound Forge for detailed audio editing, and CDArchitect for CD buring. I do still have Wavelab and SampleWrench installed. There are some edits that are just easier to make in Wavelab, and looping samples for old hardware samples is a breeze in SampleWrench. I probably won't upgrade either of them in the future, but rather continue to wean myself off of them.

I still hope that Reaper continues to grow, and I'll watch it, and cheer for it, from the sidelines.

Bill

-- Bill
Audio Enterprise
KB3KJF
xackley
Max Output Level: -45.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2973
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 10:00:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: xackley

Yes the 5% of midi sequencing that most nobody uses is not there yet.

5%? Are you kidding? Reaper has a simple piano roll view where you have to enter notes using keyboard shortcuts, and that's it. If you meant that Reaper has about 5% of Sonar's MIDI capabilities, you're right.

Or singleclick or doubleclick depending on the option you chose. You did look at the options didn't you. You did your part right, and maybe even read a little of the manual. Also if you set the option to double-click to add/delete notes, if you hold a single click and move the mouse up or down it will also create a note.

Van Gogh, seeing more that a vase of flowers.
http://www.vggallery.com
Newer Song "River", let me know if you don't like it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=162668
Russell.Whaley
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2755
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 10:36:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wst3
A slightly different perspective...

/.../

...I need software tools that I believe will still be here a year from now. This rather jaundiced view of the world is partly the result of having invested a lot of time and money in the Amiga and it's studio tools, and ending up an orphan. And there is no guarantee that Cakewalk will survive forever, but if I had to bet one way or the other I'd bet they will be around a long time.

Nothing jaundiced about it: think of it as making a living via the "Godfather Principle" -- "Nothing personal, strictly business."

I personally am a "tweaker" at heart: for me, it's fun to experiment with different software and hardware, and see how far I can push my system's performance and keep it stable.

Professionally... as the chair of our United Methodist conference's Communications Board, I have churches coming to me for recommendations on setting up things like audio systems and a/v ministries. These folks need solutions that work 99.44% of the time, and can be used for a long time, as many of our churches don't have the financial wherewithal to upgrade every year or two. So, I try to keep tabs on what is working well on the smaller end of the broadcast and recording industries because that is what these folks will in all likelihood will be shopping for.

Nothing against Reaper, or any other of the smaller outfits. Just my .02 of local currency.

uke
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 11:58:21 (permalink)
I downloaded Reaper last month just cause of all the talk here on the forum and a couple of weeks later bought it. I'm mostly all audio so am not well versed in midi but for me Reaper is a blast compared to Sonar. When we're talking CPU usage it's the tortoise and the hare scenario. For example, with identical tracks and using Cakewalk plug ins, studio instruments and session drummer, Sonar shows cpu use of 45%, Reaper 16%, all my Wave plug -ins work, additional instances of GT3 or Amplitube would crash Sonar instantly, Reaper totally smooth sailing. That makes for efficeint enjoyable sessions. I pretty sure I'll be back to Sonar if they ever decide to fix their audio engine problems cause it is the first program I ever learned but for now Reaper is doing it for me.
Treefight
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 868
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 14:44:01 (permalink)
I downloaded Reaper last month just cause of all the talk here on the forum and a couple of weeks later bought it. I'm mostly all audio so am not well versed in midi but for me Reaper is a blast compared to Sonar. When we're talking CPU usage it's the tortoise and the hare scenario. For example, with identical tracks and using Cakewalk plug ins, studio instruments and session drummer, Sonar shows cpu use of 45%, Reaper 16%, all my Wave plug -ins work, additional instances of GT3 or Amplitube would crash Sonar instantly, Reaper totally smooth sailing. That makes for efficeint enjoyable sessions. I pretty sure I'll be back to Sonar if they ever decide to fix their audio engine problems cause it is the first program I ever learned but for now Reaper is doing it for me.

OT, but in my (granted - short) test drive of Reaper, it wouldn't let me install/use Cakewalk plugins, saying I needed Cakewalk's permission or something. Everything I have from Cakewalk is %100 legal, paid for, and registered. IF - and only IF - I wanted to try Reaper for a test project, how does one use, for example, Perfect Space. Or for that matter, something like Amplitube or any other third party plugin? Or is that verbotten?

Thansk in advance.

Stuff.
Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 14:48:26 (permalink)
I don't know why anyone would mock Reaper.

It's absolutely not for me at this point, but I want the program to continue to grow.

Reaper is good for all of us, because it lights a fire under the other DAW developers.

In the short period that Reaper has been out, professional DAW software has gone way down in price.

Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe not.

HotCoollMusicGirl
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 15:00:32 (permalink)
Hmm... odd... I found that most, but not all, of the Cakewalk plugins could open in Reaper, but I was unable to get any of the Reaper plugins to open in Sonar. Couldn't figure this out, cos each program seemed to be pointed to the right folders. Anyone know why that might be? I'd like to try some of the Reapers in Sonar.

The Sonitus Compressor doesn't open in Reaper, or even show up in the list, yet all the others do. Perfect Space, no problem. Here's a screen shot of Perfect Space and bunch of others that I just dragged in semi-randomly. (The Sonitus fx were all dragged in at once, by multi-selecting them.) Note the menu options, which include the ability to save that set of fx as a chain.

I know, I probably shouldn't have posted this scandalous image of interspecies crossbreeding... but I'm bad.

post edited by HotCoollMusicGirl - 2008/04/30 15:34:11
Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 15:10:37 (permalink)
There are a couple of plugins that are exclusive to Cakewalk, but the Sonitus plugs should work.

Roflcopter
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 15:22:16 (permalink)
I probably shouldn't have posted this scandalous image of interspecies crossbreeding.

You naughty, naughty girl - spankspankspankspank. This is from my Band in a Box - it replaces a Roland synth.

stratton
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1446
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 16:50:31 (permalink)
How is Band in a Box lately? I got some good stuf out of it years back.
Roflcopter
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 16:56:29 (permalink)
Still haven't scratched all the possibilities in the 2007 version, and the new one has multi-styles, which sounds yummy, but I'm in no rush, I'll wait until we've seen a few upgrades.

With the TTS-1 instead of the standard synth, it's pretty stable - without, not so stable, I found. But that's easily fixed.

Robomusic
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8943
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 20:04:40 (permalink)
Hey Roflcopter Does TTS sound that much better tha Edirol VSC? Have you tried the Coyote in BaB? how do they all compare.

I used Edirol fo a live gig, and thru the PA and with all that was oing on it was pretty good overall.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
Music Town
crash_3210
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 916
RE: Match that, Cakewalk! 2008/04/30 20:47:17 (permalink)
updates dont have to be "FIXES"
they can just be some new additions to the software that are sooo vital to wait for a new version and so small to be included ONLY in a new version...

like making an update for SONAR 7 that makes it ... say like... whatever.... can't think of something but there has to be something i want... [greedy look]
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1