OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
6StringGeek
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 12:28:15 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: robby

LOL! Are there sponsored smackdowns at every Wally world? If you're ever in Colorado, please come on over to my house for dinner! Love it!

EDIT: Corporate disclaimer: Neither 6StringGeek Inc. nor its affiliates condone actual violence in any form. Any appearance of violence is merely coincidental. For a free transcript of this show, please write down everything we say.
post edited by 6StringGeek - 2008/08/17 12:54:46

-Inspiron 530s, Core2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 4MB cache
-SONAR 7 Studio/EZDrummer/Lambda/Toneport UX1

"You want to walk away from your dreams, or do you want to come in
here with me, like the Tenacious D I know, and change rock history!"

tdye
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1926
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 12:42:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Freeze1st

People of Earth, what is music if not a popularity contest? What is it "exactly?" By definition, can a recording artist survive, be paid, tour? etc. if their music is not popular and enjoyed by enough people to allow them to be gainfully employed at it? What "exactly" is wrong with having some music that people enjoy (on a percentage basis) more than other music? That's not saying any anything against what someone else is doing? If I make a recording of myself farting to a drum track, and it is panned or largely ignored, should I be indignant? I do have the right, but “is it right?”

Should I feel that my "art" was not treated fairly because there was some hidden popularity contest that I did not win? Please note, you cannot spell fart without art.

Isn't this "by definition" the way life works? Almost everything is subjective, and what's good, or even best is determined by the masses? How else would they be able to give out awards at the Academy Awards? I tend to shy away from the feel good, let's not keep score kids, it's how you play the game mentality. I see nothing (read "nothing") wrong with competition, nor having an opinion as to what is good, better, or best. While at the same time, taking nothing (read "nothing") away from others who's art is either not mentioned, it will be preferred by some, if not most.

It is a "live and let live" mentality, and what could be better than that?

Please look for said gaseous release to be fourth coming, it will be entitled the flatulent flamenco. I’ll expect all contributors discouraging posting of ones vote for a favorite tune (regardless of how long they’ve been participating on the forum) to;

a) listen (with eager anticipation for each release)

b) comment (on tonal qualities of each release, moisture content, vibrato, etc…)

c) And finally to purchase or at least download a copy of this fluctuant flamenco.

Please hold your applauses till the end, and for the safety of all involved, if I am given to a live performance at any point in the future, PLEASE do not stand and hold up your lighter in appreciation and respect of what will no doubt be a new standard in poop music which will go down in the anals of performance “art”. And As discussed, my “art” must be given the same appreciation, the same respect, the same plays as anything performed by anyone else, otherwise, it’s just a poopularity contest, right?

Just thought I would mention that we aren't so stupid we need for you to define how we should think. We being I ain't the only one in this thread that feels what I am saying, I'm just the one that ain't worried about the responses for replying what I think.

THE DIFFERENCE IS : "This ain't no record company, I have seen very few on here in this for the MONEY or especially trying to be POPULAR", you are putting those that never asked to be in that category into something that could cause them a lot of grief. To crown a king or queen is just gonna tick somebody off and hurt somebodies feelings. If you would simply start a post saying "Which song do you like the best", I would have no problem with it whatsoever.

Reverting to comedy to make fun of somebody is no different than telling someone to kiss your azz and go burn in hell!!!!!!!! JMO Same thing......

FREEZE1ST

Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 12:46:24 (permalink)
I am +1 with Robby on this thread.

What are we drawing Battle line or something?

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
alkie
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2706
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 12:46:24 (permalink)
DAMN where`s tipper gore and the PMRC when you really need them LOL
post edited by alkie - 2008/08/17 13:11:47

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
because he knows the time is short.....
let him who hath understanding.....
reckon the number of the beast.....
for it is a human number...
it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:06:58 (permalink)
THAT DANG WALMART SYMBOL!!!!!!!! Man that ain't fair!!!! You know I can't walk that far!!!! Gas cost too much now!!!!

Hey Robby, I really mean this regardless of how my rage on this thread has gone, I consider you a real friend here on the forums. If I upset you in anyway I appologize. Dang, I said I wasn't gonna do that anymore! Ok, I can change my mind can't I?

Man, I didn't mean for this to be a dang CAGE MATCH with my replies!!!!

I'll leave this thread alone, who knows maybe if a psychologist were analizing me he might say that this is a warm up for the colledge and nfl football seasons chats on other forums. I dunno.

Eitherway, I apologize for interrupting your thread. I promise : "I wan't mess on your turf anymore".

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:14:16 (permalink)

No, here's the bottom line, if you have a favorite? Post it. If it's a favorite over the last week, month, year, or whatever, please put it up. If you don't and would like to review what others say are their favorites, then by all means, peruse them, enjoy them. However, to state that my question on it's face is invalid, unfair, or out of bounds is in and of itself, "invalid, unfair, and or out of bounds". It's a music forum, I posted a question about music? Good music, or music I consider good?

Many have responded with some really good stuff that I had never even heard? Isn't that what this stuff is all about? Really? It should be about;

1. Enjoyment of the music (we're all artists).

2. Improvement of the music (there are many here who are really pro level, and no I don't count myself among them. But these folks give their opinions freely to help those of us striving to be where they are).

3. Pride in your art. While I know you really just like to jam (and that's ok? I'm ok, you're ok) There are others here who really strive to make it as good as we can get it. And it feels good when that is recognized. I do "hundreds" of takes on a song. I mix it for days. I bounce it off folks for ideas, listen to it in different environments. This is helping to improve my craft. And others here, I would say the majority? Probably look at it this same way. That does not mean everyone does, or should. What I'm saying is it's all ok? Not just my view of what is or should be is ok, or someone else’s, but that "it is all ok".

Therefore, my ideas should not be criticized, they are my ideas, one may choose to disagree, however, that does not make me wrong, or anyone else? It's a Libertarian point of view. To look at the counterpoint to this POV, i.e., Robby you are WRONG! You should not do or say this! That would be an authoritarian point of view, authoritarian or dictatorial, Marxist, i.e., you must comply, you must listen to and follow what I say. I simply believe there can be multiple good and multiple bad ways to view things, and I try not to see my philosophy as either the best, or the only way to look at things. Give it a try ;-)

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:23:40 (permalink)

THAT DANG WALMART SYMBOL!!!!!!!! Man that ain't fair!!!! You know I can't walk that far!!!! Gas cost too much now!!!!

Hey Robby, I really mean this regardless of how my rage on this thread has gone, I consider you a real friend here on the forums. If I upset you in anyway I appologize. Dang, I said I wasn't gonna do that anymore! Ok, I can change my mind can't I?

Man, I didn't mean for this to be a dang CAGE MATCH with my replies!!!!

I'll leave this thread alone, who knows maybe if a psychologist were analizing me he might say that this is a warm up for the colledge and nfl football seasons chats on other forums. I dunno.

Eitherway, I apologize for interrupting your thread. I promise : "I wan't mess on your turf anymore".

Bobby

3 smiley faces in a single post is excessive!There are others that have tried to post three smiley faces in a single post and you hurt them when you do this. I KNOW THIS TO BE A FACT, as I am speaking for the little guy who is afraid to confront you about your smiley face abuse. I think you need to stop posting smiley faces because who can say you have a bigger smile than the other people on this forum.
tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:26:26 (permalink)
And besides that, you ain't not even funny.

EDIT: for use of proper grammar.
post edited by tdye - 2008/08/17 13:52:15
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:31:43 (permalink)
I told you to alter the question in my first reply Robby...

Favourites, I have favourites, I make judgement calls on here, during elections, choosing a life partner, shopping, in fact pretty much in every aspect of my life.

On here I have favourite tunes, favourite artists, favourite genres and Tom (tdye) who has a special category all of his own.

I don't mind expressing my favourites so thought it was a good thread to contribute to if I didn't I would have just passed it by. Unless I wanted another car-crash thread and flame war, of course.

I was chuffed as punch when Tom made No1 country artist on Soundclick which incidentally is a collection of popularity charts in its own right. The swines!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Nikolas
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:57:27 (permalink)
Man you guys crack me up! There is a ton of talent on these forums and it is such an awesome resource for knowledge and humor. I've got a ton of time this next week so I will post up some of my favorites. I haven't been here long enought to say they are the "best evar", but certainly the best of recent posts to me.

What's that screaching noise!

Dell Optiplex 755, 6550 dual core, 4G ram
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Sonar 6 HSXL
Violins and guitars

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=800951&content=music

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 13:57:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

I told you to alter the question in my first reply Robby...

Favourites, I have favourites, I make judgement calls on here, during elections, choosing a life partner, shopping, in fact pretty much in every aspect of my life.

On here I have favourite tunes, favourite artists, favourite genres and Tom (tdye) who has a special category all of his own.

I don't mind expressing my favourites so thought it was a good thread to contribute to if I didn't I would have just passed it by. Unless I wanted another car-crash thread and flame war, of course.

I was chuffed as punch when Tom made No1 country artist on Soundclick which incidentally is a collection of popularity charts in its own right. The swines!

Now I've really stoked! It may be raining for the first time this year in Guymon, USA (note the now world famous Guymon cam below), but the sun is shining in my heart.

Tom
http://www.soundclick.com/tomdye
http://www.ourstage.com/profile/tomdye
http://twitter.com/tom_dye

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Sonar 8 Producer Edition, Rapture, Project5
Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 14:10:44 (permalink)
Ahh,

Guymon Cam, be aware there are other web-cams available and they're all quite worthy, but Guymon Cam is up there with the best. IMLTHO of course.

post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/08/17 14:36:13

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 15:39:05 (permalink)

Ahh,

Guymon Cam, be aware there are other web-cams available and they're all quite worthy, but Guymon Cam is up there with the best. IMLTHO of course.

Jonbouy, I said what I meant to say in the post where I replied before and said it before your post that said something else, that is just my opinion. If the mods wanna remove me for not liking my opinion, or if somebody doesn't like me then that's fine. Whatever. I happen to think the "now world famous GUYMON CAM" is worthy. I just felt it wasn't called for in this thread to keep the subject serious and accurate. JMO

I think a lot of times my post are not taken too seriously to be honest with you. Those are my opinions and everybody seems to get their feathers ruffled when I say anything stupid. I like everybody on these forums and I am being honest. I will always be honest regardless of what it might cost me. I'm not gonna apologize anymore for anything I say because that would make me a liar for one, and second I'm really tired of it. BTW : Like it or not, I really do like the GUYMON CAM. I'm sure someone is gonna reply and say : "Well just don't look at those other CAMS" : "Whoever says that would be making a segregated remark towards me and many others by saying that, so please don't say that whoever might be thinking about saying that", for one thing it would be a serious insult to many others than JUST me. Flame me all you want if it makes you feel better. Ok, I've said enough. That's my 1/2 cent's worth.
post edited by tdye - 2008/08/17 16:03:35

Tom

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 15:54:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tdye

Ahh,

Jonbouy, I said what I meant to say in the post where I replied before and said it before your post that said something else, that is just my opinion. If the mods wanna remove me for not liking my opinion, or if somebody doesn't like me then that's fine. Whatever. I happen to think the "now world famous GUYMON CAM" is worthy. I just felt it wasn't called for in this thread to keep the subject serious and accurate. JMO

I think a lot of times my post are not taken too seriously to be honest with you. Those are my opinions and everybody seems to get their feathers ruffled when I say anything stupid. I like everybody on these forums and I am being honest. I will always be honest regardless of what it might cost me. I'm not gonna apologize anymore for anything I say because that would make me a liar for one, and second I'm really tired of it. BTW : Like it or not, I really do like the GUYMON CAM. I'm sure someone is gonna reply and say : "Well just don't look at those other CAMS" : "Whoever says that would be making a segregated remark towards me and many others by saying that, so please don't say that whoever might be thinking about saying that", for one thing it would be a serious insult to many others than JUST me. Flame me all you want if it makes you feel better. Ok, I've said enough. That's my 1/2 cent's worth.

Tom it's all cool man.

Just breathe into a paper bag while you watch Guymon Cam and think a happy thought.

And hey I take ALL your posts seriously, in fact I've even considered getting a professional to have a look at them on occasion to get a clearer perspective...

Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 16:21:59 (permalink)

No, here's the bottom line, if you have a favorite? Post it. If it's a favorite over the last week, month, year, or whatever, please put it up. If you don't and would like to review what others say are their favorites, then by all means, peruse them, enjoy them. However, to state that my question on it's face is invalid, unfair, or out of bounds is in and of itself, "invalid, unfair, and or out of bounds". It's a music forum, I posted a question about music? Good music, or music I consider good?

Many have responded with some really good stuff that I had never even heard? Isn't that what this stuff is all about? Really? It should be about;

2. Improvement of the music (there are many here who are really pro level, and no I don't count myself among them. But these folks give their opinions freely to help those of us striving to be where they are).

3. Pride in your art. While I know you really just like to jam (and that's ok? I'm ok, you're ok) There are others here who really strive to make it as good as we can get it. And it feels good when that is recognized. I do "hundreds" of takes on a song. I mix it for days. I bounce it off folks for ideas, listen to it in different environments. This is helping to improve my craft. And others here, I would say the majority? Probably look at it this same way. That does not mean everyone does, or should. What I'm saying is it's all ok? Not just my view of what is or should be is ok, or someone else’s, but that "it is all ok".

Therefore, my ideas should not be criticized, they are my ideas, one may choose to disagree, however, that does not make me wrong, or anyone else? It's a Libertarian point of view. To look at the counterpoint to this POV, i.e., Robby you are WRONG! You should not do or say this! That would be an authoritarian point of view, authoritarian or dictatorial, Marxist, i.e., you must comply, you must listen to and follow what I say. I simply believe there can be multiple good and multiple bad ways to view things, and I try not to see my philosophy as either the best, or the only way to look at things. Give it a try ;-)

Ok, you said favorite, I can't do that, I can say top ten because everyone is moody like me and different situations require different music so to speak. I mean lets say you are about to score with some chick, you don't have highway to hell blasting on your music player if you are smart!!!! That just ain't a picture I wanna vision in my mind.

Here's my pick for the best I have heard on here, here's the link : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=789731&songID=6640232

The gloves are off now Robby. You have your chance to make the kill on me right now because I am ROFL!!!!!

Whatever the case, I have been far too much of an A-hole on this thread, do I make it in top category of that genre of posting in this thread? Am I the best A-Hole ever in replying on posting to this or other threads?

FREEZE1ST

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 16:25:36 (permalink)
TDye hit #1? Way to go Tom!!

==================

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 16:44:06 (permalink)

Ahh,

Tom it's all cool man.

Just breathe into a paper bag while you watch Guymon Cam and think a happy thought.

And hey I take ALL your posts seriously, in fact I've even considered getting a professional to have a look at them on occasion to get a clearer perspective...

Hey Jon, who knows maybe if a psychologist were analizing this he might say that this is a warm up for group therapy. I dunno.

Eitherway, I am the only person who sees what you are trying to do here. Was this supposed to be some kind of contest? Or a test of some kind? I'm like a caveman when it comes to IQ test, but I will tell you there are some on here that can take you to school/feed you/and then put you over their knee for a whipping if the situation so calls for it if this was some kind of intelligence test thing as to "WHO's looking at your cam". Or was it a perception type of test? You obviously thought this out very carefully.

As for the psychological test - YOU GET A FAILING GRADE!

And BTW I don't appreciate you playing the "CAM GAME"!

Some might not see this, but I've sit back and can see what you are doing. I will say this : "You are NOT above anyone on this site, ofcourse no one is above you", no one is a PERFECT better than anyone else, no one is better than anyone.

I am by no means attacking you, I'm just telling you : "I know a little about what you are doing", "I've seen THE CAM GAME", I've seen this before. Keep this crap off this site. STOP this game! I'm not going to let you hurt and play with people on this site regardless of what it cost me! I recognize what you are attempting to do. Don't use Psychological trick games to play with peoples emotions!!! Ofcourse your gonna blow this off like "Are you nuts", or some kinda crap like that. You know as I am sure how this "CAM GAME" is played!

Tom

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 16:50:31 (permalink)
I mean lets say you are about to score with some chick, you don't have highway to hell blasting on your music player if you are smart!!!! That just ain't a picture I wanna vision in my mind.

+1

Tom

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:05:39 (permalink)

First : Music is a contest, unless you ain't NOT #1. Please come up with some remark that's funny to respond to me, that's ok, your joking is not an insult to me. Just thought I would mention that.

I for one agree my tune is #1, that doesn't mean its any good, I'm just saying that I like it, therefore I can't offer an objective opinion on it. It's just my style of playing or what I listen to everyday and hear for the most part.

I'm an honest person and I need COMIC RELIEF....... Just thought I would mention that..........

Tom

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:07:36 (permalink)
guymon cam? I'm lost again. I may need to get roliflocopter to explain it to me... Any other nominations for best song? of the (name your timeframe)

==================

Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:19:32 (permalink)

First : Music is a contest, unless you ain't NOT #1. Please come up with some remark that's funny to respond to me, that's ok, your joking is not an insult to me. Just thought I would mention that.

I for one agree my tune is #1, that doesn't mean its any good, I'm just saying that I like it, therefore I can't offer an objective opinion on it. It's just my style of playing or what I listen to everyday and hear for the most part.

I'm an honest person and I need COMIC RELIEF....... Just thought I would mention that..........

Tom will you settle for 1 and 1/2? Not second because that would be insulting.

Freeze1st

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:26:30 (permalink)
Here is my vote:
It is what it is - Acoustic

Seriously, I really do like this song even though it is not a final version yet.

Another song that really captured my emotions recently was Janet's Song by AndyW.
Janet's Song

post edited by tdye - 2008/08/17 19:41:18

Tom

Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:29:23 (permalink)

Any other nominations for best song? of the (name your timeframe)

Stock, Aitken and Waterman given the Strummy treatment and a slight re-working of Kylie's vox using V-Vocal.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1438740

40 years ahead of it's time!

keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 17:56:48 (permalink)
Lots of good original stuff on this forum... One poster that comes around every now and then, but who has some real special writing and production chops is toystein...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=39458&content=music

take your pick:

Suicide Girl (my personal favorite)

Unhappily Ever After

For You

Don't You Ever Worry (great tune!)

Doesn't Matter Anymore

Heroes (a remake, and a good one!)

etc.

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 19:31:03 (permalink)

Ok, you said favorite, I can't do that, I can say top ten because everyone is moody like me and different situations require different music so to speak. I mean lets say you are about to score with some chick, you don't have highway to hell blasting on your music player if you are smart!!!! That just ain't a picture I wanna vision in my mind.

Here's my pick for the best I have heard on here, here's the link : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=789731&songID=6640232

The gloves are off now Robby. You have your chance to make the kill on me right now because I am ROFL!!!!!

Whatever the case, I have been far too much of an A-hole on this thread, do I make it in top category of that genre of posting in this thread? Am I the best A-Hole ever in replying on posting to this or other threads?

FREEZE1ST

Laugh Out Loud! (no fair!), yeah not bad for "an old guy" :-)

==================

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 19:32:36 (permalink)

Here is my vote:
It is what it is - Acoustic

Seriously, I really do like this song even though it is not a final version yet.

Another song that really captured my emotions recently was Janet's Song by AndyW.
Janet's Song

Tom, you are WAY too kind! This is actually going to be a colab, Earl Foote sent me a version today with the pedal steel :-) And mamabear's going to do some keys, and I may get a buddy of mine to do the drums. I can't wait to hear it all come together!

==================

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 19:34:52 (permalink)

Any other nominations for best song? of the (name your timeframe)

Stock, Aitken and Waterman given the Strummy treatment and a slight re-working of Kylie's vox using V-Vocal.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1438740

40 years ahead of it's time!

Well it certinally has a sound all its own!

==================

robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 19:38:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: keith

Lots of good original stuff on this forum... One poster that comes around every now and then, but who has some real special writing and production chops is toystein...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=39458&content=music

take your pick:

Suicide Girl (my personal favorite)

Unhappily Ever After

For You

Don't You Ever Worry (great tune!)

Doesn't Matter Anymore

Heroes (a remake, and a good one!)

etc.

Yeah, I listened to Suicide Girl, it was very nice. This guy has a great vocal style. Good song writer.

==================

foxwolfen
  • Total Posts : 8256
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 19:52:53 (permalink)
Thank you Robby and thank you Jon (I am exceedingly disappointed in you) for destroying one of the few joys I have had in my life. Jack, I think you should remove the "ex-cynic" from your name as anybody who makes statements like "artificially level playing field", is definitely cynical.

Once again I learn the hard way there is nowhere for people like me in a world populated by people like you. I should just accept the fact that I will never fit in anywhere in this world and just stick to myself from now on. Maybe I should just go join on of the "rough" music forums where people are openly crass and intolerant. That way at least I would know where I stand and would not have to deal with people who are two faced (I would rather deal with an honest assh*ole than one who pretends otherwise).

Shad.

PS by the way, its not about libertarianism or about authoritarianism. Oh, I know many seem to think that pure libertarianism and excessive competition is the "only" social solution, which is such a farce its not even funny.

Like the fellow who stated it was his right to be"funny" in a serious thread as if his "right" was of greater value than other people's rights. Talk about an authoritarian attitude - you want freedom as long as its "your freedom" and spend no thought on the idea that "freedom" requires a self-restriction of personal freedom for the greater good of collective freedom.

So just keep on doing what ever the hell you want and continue to ignore the desires of others. As long as you guys are having a good time, nothing and nobody else matters does it?
post edited by foxwolfen - 2008/08/17 20:17:10

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
jacktheexcynic
Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3069
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 20:16:04 (permalink)
well that wasn't overreacting at all. and "ex-cynic" is a bit tongue in cheek. but i don't see how saying "artificially level playing field" makes me cynical, although i can see how speaking honestly is definitely being two-faced.

it's obvious that you have collectivist ideals, and also that many of the rest of us do not. but here's the thing - we (speaking of the individualists) still accept everyone and most of us (i'll exclude myself since i only comment on songs i like) still manage to find something positive to say about anything. the fact that we also want to (individually) recognize songs that we (as individuals) find compelling, inspiring, above-average, or what have you, does not make us "bad" or "two-faced" or any of the other labels you happened to throw at us.

i guess it's OK in your book to attack a person's character for being honest but not recognize a person for making good music. if that's the kind of forum you want then i wish you good luck finding it. and i find it interesting that you've decided what's best for the collective without some kind of vote - isn't that authoritarian?

- jack the ex-cynic
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1