OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 20:48:01 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

Thank you Robby and thank you Jon (I am exceedingly disappointed in you) for destroying one of the few joys I have had in my life. Jack, I think you should remove the "ex-cynic" from your name as anybody who makes statements like "artificially level playing field", is definitely cynical.

Once again I learn the hard way there is nowhere for people like me in a world populated by people like you. I should just accept the fact that I will never fit in anywhere in this world and just stick to myself from now on. Maybe I should just go join on of the "rough" music forums where people are openly crass and intolerant. That way at least I would know where I stand and would not have to deal with people who are two faced (I would rather deal with an honest assh*ole than one who pretends otherwise).

Shad.

PS by the way, its not about libertarianism or about authoritarianism. Oh, I know many seem to think that pure libertarianism and excessive competition is the "only" social solution, which is such a farce its not even funny.

Like the fellow who stated it was his right to be"funny" in a serious thread as if his "right" was of greater value than other people's rights. Talk about an authoritarian attitude - you want freedom as long as its "your freedom" and spend no thought on the idea that "freedom" requires a self-restriction of personal freedom for the greater good of collective freedom.

So just keep on doing what ever the hell you want and continue to ignore the desires of others. As long as you guys are having a good time, nothing and nobody else matters does it?

I never thought I'd do this, but you made me. Hopefully you'll be better an 6 months or so, I'll check back then;

I really hope you can get over this depression, you are NOT the person you were, and it's sad Shad... Since you seek to cenor me? And I'm tired of it? You are censored! Turn about is fair play!! :-) Get over yourself, please? It's a long fall from that high horse brother...

post edited by robby - 2008/08/17 21:14:39

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 20:50:00 (permalink)
One of my favourites ANYWHERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU18Uaz0jtY

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 23:07:27 (permalink)
Thank you Robby and thank you Jon (I am exceedingly disappointed in you) for destroying one of the few joys I have had in my life. Jack, I think you should remove the "ex-cynic" from your name as anybody who makes statements like "artificially level playing field", is definitely cynical.

Once again I learn the hard way there is nowhere for people like me in a world populated by people like you. I should just accept the fact that I will never fit in anywhere in this world and just stick to myself from now on. Maybe I should just go join on of the "rough" music forums where people are openly crass and intolerant. That way at least I would know where I stand and would not have to deal with people who are two faced (I would rather deal with an honest assh*ole than one who pretends otherwise).

Shad.

Shad, I consider you a friend and a great musician. Yeah I've been a jerk to you and many in the past, what can I say I'm moody and certain things tick me off sometimes.

As for you and your place in the world and belonging : LOOK : "You aren't the only one who has been depressed here lately", I kinda have an idea on how you feel to some degree. I haven't said anything but the last friend I had around me in person died suddenly just a few weeks ago without any notice whatsoever, another friend of mine died two weeks before that. I've been kinda on the depression trip here lately myself. What I am getting at is you aren't alone by feeling bad. All you can really do is get on living and think positive. Yeah, I went off the deep end a few times here so to speak lately. Whatever the case we aren't talking about me now, I can roll with the punches, I'm doing better now. Tommorow is gonna be better I promise you it will and I don't lie. Heck, I think I'm gonna stop arguing here on the forums, not to be nice, just because I think it's uncalled for and I consider everyone on here a friend, BTW I don't pick and chose favorites either, everybody is in the Freeze1st Club of friends so to speak. BTW : Freeze1st is a nickname I got while camping when it was really cold, everybody was drinking coffee and hot chocolate one morning when it was really cold and I was drinking Ice Water and somebody said "I guess youll be the one to Freeze first". My name doesn't imply that I am a cold hearted person although my attitude as of late has probably given that impression. Cheer up Shad, man things are only gonna get better. Take out some rage on some serious music and trust me after an hour or so you will feel better, you have to deal with whatever is bothering you. I'm glad you didn't take out your rage on the forums like me because I've ticked some people off on here to the point "SORRY" doesn't matter anymore and I don't blame them. Eitherway I am here to make friends and not enemies, I have enough of them. Enough about me, Shad trust me, things will get better for you. Hey man, listen to me very carefully because this is important : " Depression can be like a drug, you can get to where it makes you crave it more and more, you'll find more and more things to feel that way, BTW : "WHEN I SAY DEAL WITH IT I MEAN IT'S OK TO ASK FOR HELP OR GO GET HELP, JUST DON'T GIVE UP NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!", I've been down the depression road before and trust me when I say you have to deal with it or it will cause nothing but pain to you no matter how you view it". I wish you the best always, and you are NOT ALONE! If I can help I am here and I ain't going anywhere. Best wishes always Shad... like I said YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY FRIEND!!!!

Bobby
post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/08/17 23:46:38

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
dlogan
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2544
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 23:15:07 (permalink)
Bobby - sorry to hear that man. You make some good points, too... You're right about how depression can be addictive. Staring at the shadows can consume you and make it hard to believe that the only reason there are shadows is because there is light...

Peace, bro...
robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/17 23:28:18 (permalink)
It's been killing me for some time... Won't be long now, it's almost done.

==================

Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 01:37:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dlogan

Bobby - sorry to hear that man. You make some good points, too... You're right about how depression can be addictive. Staring at the shadows can consume you and make it hard to believe that the only reason there are shadows is because there is light...

Peace, bro...

Man, trust me, I know I'm still a child turning 40 in a few days when it comes to knowledge on life situations. But I can tell you I have been on the depression train and it will destroy you in ways you can't even imagine. It is a drug, it makes you crave it more and more, before you know it you start looking toward other things to fill the void and that's the begining of the end. Luckily I never looked for other things, I just got drunk a couple times and puked and that made me realize I was on the wrong path where depression is concerned. That doesn't make me smarter, or more understandable, or stronger, or anything like that, it just means I have been to "Depression Town" and I don't like it!!!! It sucks!!!!! Ok, enough of my stupid comparisons on feelings and thoughts. Let's get back to the thread's original subject "BEST SONG EVER ON THE FORUMS", hmmmm, Let's see I ain't running for President but it just might be the one you like the best perhaps? Does that make it the best EVER : "NO", but it's the one you enjoyed the most and I guess that's ok to define it that way. .

I went off on this thread and was a real JERK toward Robby who is one of the nicest people on this forum, for that I apologize to Robby. I am sorry for doing so. I was wrong. To make you feel better robby I will eat popcorn and watch movies I hate all night just to make myself sick as self punishment for me being a turd with my remarks!!!!!!! Ok, I really don't wan't any popcorn right now, can I make myself sick on potatoe chips? Would that be ok?

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 02:00:15 (permalink)
No need sir, I was having a bad night and apologize for over-reacting. I hope no one else was offended, it’s not my intent, sometimes I can’t help myself. Peace.

==================

jinga8
  • Total Posts : 5817
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 02:17:27 (permalink)
Holy crap, and I thought the Sonar forum was bad...
Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 02:28:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jinga8

Holy crap, and I thought the Sonar forum was bad...

Who you calling a PSYCHO?

Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 02:34:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

No need sir, I was having a bad night and apologize for over-reacting. I hope no one else was offended, it’s not my intent, sometimes I can’t help myself. Peace.

You didn't over-react, I was just being a real A-hole. For that I and truly sorry. You done nothing wrong. I was the A-hole. It's all good man.

Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 02:41:54 (permalink)
Just thought I would reply to get the post count to 100, I hate it being on 99 and for some reason that bothers me, I dunno why.... Whatever the case this is post 100, unless someone beats me to it......

100 post of pure excellence! YES!!!!!!!

Just remember if it wasn't for BS there would be no fertilizer and tomatoe plants wouldn't have food to eat!

Ok, more dull comedy.... Oh well, I try.......

Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 08:20:19 (permalink)

Thank you Robby and thank you Jon (I am exceedingly disappointed in you) for destroying one of the few joys I have had in my life.

Care to explain?

Frankly I'm tired of your seemingly hell bent desire to turn pretty much every innocuous thread into a ten page controversy, it's getting old.

If you reckon folk here are 2 faced hypocrites then just join in there's always room for another, I'm sure.

And as you so eloquently directed the a**hole word at people, you should be grateful for at least one of those as they are probably the only thing likely to prevent you becoming so full of sh**.
post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/08/18 08:48:58

dlogan
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2544
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 09:18:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Freeze1st
Ok, enough of my stupid comparisons on feelings and thoughts. Let's get back to the thread's original subject

Yeah this is not the feelings and thoughts forum - it's the SONGS forum!! Someone is now probably going to start a thread about how mad it makes them when people talk about their feelings in the Songs forum!!!

Dave

www.soundclick.com/steakbone
mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 10:52:35 (permalink)
It just cracks me up when somebody doesn't like a thread or the way the forums are used. We're just a bunch of friends hanging out having a multifaceted conversation here. No subject should be forbidden. There is no one way to use the forums. People around here lately have grown extremely sensitive, taking offense at innocuous remarks, taking sides, aiming nasty diatribes at each other. Come on, people, lighten up a little and have some fun. This is music we're talking about, it's SUPPOSED to be fun. No one has been appointed the Guardian of Forum Conduct except the mods. Relax, you're among friends.

Except all you who failed to designate on of MY songs as a favorite. I'm very disappointed in you, and hope this thread gets banned

Just kidding...........

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
spacey
  • Total Posts : 8769
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 11:15:35 (permalink)
I don't think I could pick a favorite song- here or out of my music collection.

I can say that this is my favorite place to listen to music I haven't heard before. And that makes me hope we all survive the bad wind that's been blowin 'round here.
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 12:11:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

One of my favourites ANYWHERE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU18Uaz0jtY

You cook dude. That's my all time fave of the kIng.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
tdye
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1926
*** IGNORED *** 2008/08/18 12:46:13 (permalink)
This user in on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view the post.
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 12:48:56 (permalink)
These are just from the last 2 or 3 months and by no means the whole picture but i can guarantee a good 30 minutes of ear candy if you have the sweets.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1433783and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1462219and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1437780and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1437705and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1457026and
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=591712&songID=6744922andhttp://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1456618andhttp://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1456511and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1337425&mpage=1&key=�

I'll probably have an entirely different nine (not ten as it's NEVER complete) from the same 3 months tomorrow

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
Jonbouy
RE: *** IGNORED *** 2008/08/18 12:56:53 (permalink)
Tom I only went round 3 times before I got it...too funny....

Imagine I tried to unblock you 3 times, I must be a masochist...
post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/08/18 13:23:25

Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:02:12 (permalink)
Ya Rick

Some good 'uns in there.

Not surprised to see Larry and Herb turn up, bout time.

tdye
RE: *** IGNORED *** 2008/08/18 13:04:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

Tom I only went round 3 times before I got it...too funny....

Imagine I tried to unblock you 3 times, I must be a masochist...

A glutton for punishment, I'd have to say. I am a bit relieved that at least ONE person tried to unblock me.

Tom
http://www.soundclick.com/tomdye
http://www.ourstage.com/profile/tomdye
http://twitter.com/tom_dye

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Sonar 8 Producer Edition, Rapture, Project5
Freeze1st
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:13:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mcourter

It just cracks me up when somebody doesn't like a thread or the way the forums are used. We're just a bunch of friends hanging out having a multifaceted conversation here. No subject should be forbidden. There is no one way to use the forums. People around here lately have grown extremely sensitive, taking offense at innocuous remarks, taking sides, aiming nasty diatribes at each other. Come on, people, lighten up a little and have some fun. This is music we're talking about, it's SUPPOSED to be fun. No one has been appointed the Guardian of Forum Conduct except the mods. Relax, you're among friends.

Except all you who failed to designate on of MY songs as a favorite. I'm very disappointed in you, and hope this thread gets banned

Just kidding...........

I never said a subject should be unconsidered if you are referring to me or about me. I was just pointing out the fact that there are some ways to say things, and there are other ways not to. That's all. WOW! I only used "and" once in that sentence! Things are looking up for Freeze1st! I can now play the guitar and chew gum at the same time while walking!!!! YES!!!!!!! BTW : I know how you feel, I mean "I couldn't even vote for myself because nobody set the rules and it would be considered a conflict of interest I guess". Ok, more dull attempts at comedy, I'm working on it eitherway and it's scheduled for release sometime around August 30th of '08.

Bobby

Freeze1st

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:26:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Freeze1st
...it's scheduled for release sometime around August 30th of '08.

Wow, Freeze, what a coincidence. I'm scheduled to be released around August 30th too.

Tom

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Nikolas
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:43:57 (permalink)

Like the fellow who stated it was his right to be"funny" in a serious thread as if his "right" was of greater value than other people's rights. Talk about an authoritarian attitude - you want freedom as long as its "your freedom" and spend no thought on the idea that "freedom" requires a self-restriction of personal freedom for the greater good of collective freedom.

So just keep on doing what ever the hell you want and continue to ignore the desires of others. As long as you guys are having a good time, nothing and nobody else matters does it?

That would be me! I also do believe I wasn't the only one trying to lighten up a thread that was painfully out of control. No where did I ever state or imply that my rights supercede those of others. Those were specifically your words. Why is it OK for you to demand seriousness and not OK for me to inject humor. If that is not an Authoritarian attitude, what is? If you don't get the power of humor which is painfully obvious at this point, then I agree, you will have trouble throughout life in any social group that allows the freedom of personal expression.

It would be sad for you to give up on this forum. Aside from our disagreement, I have always valued your musical opinion and enjoyed your music. Just realize that yes I like to joke around as others in this forum. We are all different and it is this variety that makes forums like this so serious and funny.

What's that screaching noise!

Dell Optiplex 755, 6550 dual core, 4G ram
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Sonar 6 HSXL
Violins and guitars

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=800951&content=music

Nikolas
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:45:07 (permalink)
Oh and Tyde - I fell for that also. Classic!

What's that screaching noise!

Dell Optiplex 755, 6550 dual core, 4G ram
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Sonar 6 HSXL
Violins and guitars

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=800951&content=music

tdye
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 13:55:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Nikolas
Oh and Tyde - I fell for that also. Classic!

Cool. Getting unblocked by two users in a single day... Almost better than being pronounced "King or Queen" before everybody ain't done posting yet.

Tom

Jonbouy
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 14:06:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tdye

I'm scheduled to be released around August 30th too.

I demand a case review in this instance...

mgh
  • Total Posts : 8594
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 14:22:28 (permalink)
tdye, i saw your post, thought i must have blocked you for some reason and left it - damn, i can't even remember who i've blocked these days - it's you changing your avatar, it's too hard to keep up....and then i thought - as if i would block you??!! man, it's made me LOL!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
robby
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 15:58:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: No How

These are just from the last 2 or 3 months and by no means the whole picture but i can guarantee a good 30 minutes of ear candy if you have the sweets.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1433783and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1462219and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1437780and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1437705and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1457026and
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=591712&songID=6744922andhttp://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1456618andhttp://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1456511and
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1337425&mpage=1&key=?

I'll probably have an entirely different nine (not ten as it's NEVER complete) from the same 3 months tomorrow

Thanks no how, I hadn't heard version 2 of larry's off and running, I like it much better.

Hacker's fall down is an excellent song, I agree 100% I would love to hear a bluegrass version of it!

And yes, nice version of Jonboy's tune :-)

Agree on the blues tune too, great guitar work!

And as for see the hope? I'm actually taking a stab at mixing and mastering that one! ;-)

==================

M. Man
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 770
RE: OT-Best song ever on the Songs forum? 2008/08/18 17:03:04 (permalink)
Hmmmm.

<OT>: Best song ever NOT on this fourum: Thriller, by M. Jacson.
About solutions for the "I'm depressed hints" in this thread, do it like this: http://www.reverbnation.com/fjellmann (last song).
It really helps! </OT>
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1