Helpful ReplyProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/05/10 14:31:45 (permalink)
Jimmy Landry hasn't slept for nights in order to create some really amazing presets (just to get the ball rolling).

ok . that's fantastic. Did you guys give jimmy some extra money for his sleepless nights? Becuase he deserves it.

Me and Bapu got your Back Jimmy!! We love you man!!!

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

solidterry
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 180
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/05/17 09:25:02 (permalink)
Like some other posters in this thread, I've been having audio problems since installing these presets --  mostly unrelenting dropouts and distorted grainy audio were the issues I've been having.  Every so often I'd have a crash also.  Cost me weeks of head-scratching and misery.  After searching this forum for answers and trying just about everything to solve the problem, I reluctantly tried removing the SONAR Expanded presets and reinstalling them.  Still had the same issues. 

Went searching everywhere else for the problem but the presets for a week or so, figuring that since uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work, the presets must not be the problem.  Then I eventually (again, reluctantly) decided out of desperation to try using the regular PC presets, not the SONAR Expanded ones. 

That solved my problem!!  I haven't had one dropout or grainy, distorted instance of audio since making that change!  I just thought I'd share that in case it might help spare some of you some of the angst I've been enduring, and also in hopes that somebody can explain to me why it is that the Expanded PC presets are wreaking havoc with my computer, but the normal PC presets work just fine, even though I have Expanded installed on my computer.  I've double-checked to be sure I have Expanded installed.  Maybe there's something else I'm missing -- I don't know.  I have 1d installed, as well as the Quick Fix that came before it.

Mostly, I'm just thrilled to be able to finally use these presets at all.  Thanks for providing them!

SONAR X1 Producer Expanded; Windows XP Professional 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core2; 4GB DDR-2-800 (4X1GB); Cakewalk UA-101 24-bit sound card; M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller.  Hear my musings at www.tributerry.com
JesusMics
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/05/27 12:02:23 (permalink)
Not to say I mean to cheat, but as of recently I'm having 2-3 rappers in the studio a week. The Vocal presets are AMAZING starting point, and twice, it's all I've used with out tweaking. THANKS CAKEWALK! I've doubled my work load with out feeling the strain...yet. 

FIEND 4 RECORDZ STUDIO:  
Sonar X1d Expanded 64, Acer M3 Aspire, Windows 7 64, 12GB RAM, 2.4GhZ, Duel Monitors
UA-25EX, BCF2000, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie MR5 MKII Monitors
AKG Perception 420&220, C214, SM58, SM7b, 
AKG K240, K171, K99 Headsets. 

C Oneal
  • Total Posts : 53
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/06/05 14:03:01 (permalink)

Thank you for bestowing the free preset..
I have just downloaded and looking forward to putting them to the test.

Cheers
from Barbados
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/06/08 16:58:12 (permalink)
solidterry

Like some other posters in this thread, I've been having audio problems since installing these presets --  mostly unrelenting dropouts and distorted grainy audio were the issues I've been having.  Every so often I'd have a crash also.  Cost me weeks of head-scratching and misery.  After searching this forum for answers and trying just about everything to solve the problem, I reluctantly tried removing the SONAR Expanded presets and reinstalling them.  Still had the same issues. 

Went searching everywhere else for the problem but the presets for a week or so, figuring that since uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work, the presets must not be the problem.  Then I eventually (again, reluctantly) decided out of desperation to try using the regular PC presets, not the SONAR Expanded ones. 

That solved my problem!!  I haven't had one dropout or grainy, distorted instance of audio since making that change!  I just thought I'd share that in case it might help spare some of you some of the angst I've been enduring, and also in hopes that somebody can explain to me why it is that the Expanded PC presets are wreaking havoc with my computer, but the normal PC presets work just fine, even though I have Expanded installed on my computer.  I've double-checked to be sure I have Expanded installed.  Maybe there's something else I'm missing -- I don't know.  I have 1d installed, as well as the Quick Fix that came before it.

Mostly, I'm just thrilled to be able to finally use these presets at all.  Thanks for providing them!

I just tried some of the presets and also had strange things happen, like some audio playing out of sync.

I'm fully loaded with Sonar X1D Expanded, and also bought the Pro Channel Pack (PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier, PC4K S-Type Expander Gates and PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor) and the Concrete Limiter.
So I assume that of the two separate tabs in the free presets area I should be able to use both and they should all work?

If I load a preset for which the relevant module(s) aren't already loaded, should the preset load them?

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
bobguitkillerleft
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 944
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/06/10 21:45:07 (permalink)
I trialed the Waves SSL bundle[prolly eventually buy-when it gets a little more reasonable],and made a bunch of presets duplicating the SSL G,and EQ presets.

Some were amazingly identical sounding[IMO],especially copying the Buss Comp settings to X1's Buss Comp,also the Entire G-Channel in Waves I replicated with varying success.

I'd like to post some,but I have NO clue how,and I'm too busy to learn[unless it's real easy?]after a year with a computer[age 47],and X1,I only started exporting songs around Christmas.

I think I have a new respect for cakewalks Pro Channel now.

Bob  PS,I've had ZERO issues with any dwnloaded presets,and even picked up a very cool "empty" PC preset from Sonar Mods[thanks Panu!],that removes the EQ

The only bummer is when you re-open the project with the "empty" preset it then becomes FILLED with EVERY module,pretty funny actually[for the moment].

post edited by bobguitkillerleft - 2012/06/11 22:42:49

https://soundcloud.com/rks26https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitmen Lenovo W540 Factoryrefurb SONAR PLATINUM,Ozone 7 N.I. KA6 Komplete 9 SSD4 Platinum Epi L/H LP Custom Headstock broken twice and fixed.Gibson L/H Les Paul 2010 Wine Red Studio stupid Right Hand Vol.Tone for Left Hand?LH84Ibanez RS135 gen.FloydRose JB Marshall 100w 2203 4x25w Celestion Green backs
"You are what you is"-Frank Zappa "But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high"-Jimi Hendrix    
bobguitkillerleft
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 944
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/06/11 22:44:19 (permalink)
So no step by step tips on how to upload presets?

Guess I'll keep looking

https://soundcloud.com/rks26https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitmen Lenovo W540 Factoryrefurb SONAR PLATINUM,Ozone 7 N.I. KA6 Komplete 9 SSD4 Platinum Epi L/H LP Custom Headstock broken twice and fixed.Gibson L/H Les Paul 2010 Wine Red Studio stupid Right Hand Vol.Tone for Left Hand?LH84Ibanez RS135 gen.FloydRose JB Marshall 100w 2203 4x25w Celestion Green backs
"You are what you is"-Frank Zappa "But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high"-Jimi Hendrix    
solidterry
  • Total Posts : 180
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/06/12 21:12:25 (permalink)
Skyline_UK

solidterry

I just tried some of the presets and also had strange things happen, like some audio playing out of sync.

I'm fully loaded with Sonar X1D Expanded, and also bought the Pro Channel Pack (PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier, PC4K S-Type Expander Gates and PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor) and the Concrete Limiter.
So I assume that of the two separate tabs in the free presets area I should be able to use both and they should all work?

If I load a preset for which the relevant module(s) aren't already loaded, should the preset load them?
I have pretty much the same add-ons as you, but when I try to use the Expanded presets I have the problems I was mentioning before.  When I use the regular presets everything's fine, even though I have Expanded installed on my computer.

SONAR X1 Producer Expanded; Windows XP Professional 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core2; 4GB DDR-2-800 (4X1GB); Cakewalk UA-101 24-bit sound card; M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller.  Hear my musings at www.tributerry.com
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/07/10 12:37:59 (permalink)
bobguitkillerleft

So no step by step tips on how to upload presets?

Guess I'll keep looking

Hi Bob,

Are you wanting to share some presets? I didn't read the past few posts so that is why I'm asking. If you are it's not too hard.

Go to: PC Presets on that page you will see Submission Form for uploading. I uploaded one a few months back. 

I just wished they were tagged with a date so I could instantly see if I have any I haven't downloaded without having to cross reference. I am still appreciative of the presets and used some as a starting point.

Dave
Songs

jm24
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2127
Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/07/10 22:09:49 (permalink)
Yo CW dudes

What is being done about the problems with the expanded presets?
lawajava
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/08/10 11:42:56 (permalink)
Andrew and team - thanks for getting these presets going. Very much appreciated!

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
Curtsong
  • Total Posts : 94
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/08/15 01:56:01 (permalink)
Sweet!  I look forward to trying these out.  

=====================
email: curtsong@verizon.net
www.scottcurts.com
=====================
Sonar X2 Producer Expanded; Win7; AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad Core Processor 2.40Ghz; 8Gb Ram; Motu 828Mk3 interface; Edirol PCR500; M-Audio Trigger Finger; Frontier Transport;
Del
  • Total Posts : 168
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/08/20 12:01:16 (permalink)
Lots of good work, by a lot of good folks! 

Great job, everyone!

Regards,
Del

www.thebrothersglaser.com

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab-64bit 

Gary VanderHaeghe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/08/26 04:09:52 (permalink)
Thanks,why not group all of these and post as a update ?I didn't know this page exsisted.
mrneil2
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/08/30 15:59:41 (permalink)
SO it's safe to use only the Standard Pro Channel presets but not the "Expanded" ones correct?  Will X2 have this issue resolved?  Will X2 supply additional presets?

Software:Platinum    

Computer: HP Envy  i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz , 8GB Ram, 64bit Operating System, Windows 10
Western Digital (1TB) External Hard Drive
Roland Octa-Capture    
M-Audio Keystation 88es
MondoArt
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 226
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/09/11 22:34:04 (permalink)
If anyone wants a zip file that extracts into a folder with all the presets as of today, I have uploaded it here:

https://docs.google.com/o...fqvaF4Fd1FyMzdkZnFROTA

LANEY
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1350
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/09/11 23:37:31 (permalink)
Very Nice, Thanks Mondo

i7/16GB ram
Win 7 x64
SONAR Platinum Producer x64
VS-700 C&R

Octa-Capture and VS-100 for live recording
Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/09/28 20:40:31 (permalink)
I can't access the user download area any more.  I get an error that my serial number is incorrect.  I copied and pasted it from my account, so I know it's correct.

"The serial number provided is not a valid format to access this download, please ensure you are using the correct serial number."

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
aixmusique
  • Total Posts : 31
Re:ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/02 15:09:39 (permalink)
  Dear Andrew, Thanks for this post. We would really enjoy more Prochannel presets with Sonar X2 producer. Do you think other presets will come? Thanks.
Paresh K
  • Total Posts : 110
Re:ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/03 23:18:03 (permalink)
I dnloaded some of the user presets & I get a message - "this was created with the modular prochannel & may sound different in this version". What does this mean? They don't sound like they are working right to me. Thanks.

Paresh - Sonar X1 Producer Windows XP x32 Dell Inspiron E 1705 Edirol UA-5 interface WDM driver
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re:ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/04 18:05:57 (permalink)
Paresh K

I dnloaded some of the user presets & I get a message - "this was created with the modular prochannel & may sound different in this version". What does this mean? They don't sound like they are working right to me. Thanks.

Paresh,

If you are using X1 Producer, as your signature says, and you are using Presets made with X2 Producers Modular
Prochannel you will get this message, as the preset wasn't designed for X1, and therefore some functionality may
be lost...

Cheers!!

Paresh K
  • Total Posts : 110
Re:ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/04 23:00:01 (permalink)
Thank you. It's confusing to me because the presets were already posted on the Cakewalk ProChannel Preset Zone web page when i first got x1, before x2 came out as far as i know.

Paresh - Sonar X1 Producer Windows XP x32 Dell Inspiron E 1705 Edirol UA-5 interface WDM driver
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re:ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/05 08:02:17 (permalink)
Paresh K

Thank you. It's confusing to me because the presets were already posted on the Cakewalk ProChannel Preset Zone web page when i first got x1, before x2 came out as far as i know.

No problem...

If it was before the X2 release they might have been posted by "Beta" testers....just a thought....

CarvinAbuser
  • Total Posts : 135
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/05 20:22:13 (permalink)
I'm having trouble downloading the ProChannel updates.  I don't see them in my Cakewalk store account and the protected download area won't accept the serial number for X1.  Any help would be appreciated.
mrneil2
  • Total Posts : 126
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/10/20 21:44:26 (permalink)
A real noobie question.  I downloaded the prochannel presets (regular PC presets, ) and I can open them when I hover over the "Open file" like icon in the strip but I don't see them in the browser on the right hand side in the Prochannel preset dropdown menu.

The files reside in my "C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR X1 Producer\ProChannel Presets"   I also checked my regedit as described in message #32 in this post and the address is the same.

Shouldn't they show up in the dropdown?  How can I get them there if that's where they should be?

post edited by mrneil2 - 2012/10/21 08:54:54

Software:Platinum    

Computer: HP Envy  i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz , 8GB Ram, 64bit Operating System, Windows 10
Western Digital (1TB) External Hard Drive
Roland Octa-Capture    
M-Audio Keystation 88es
M_Glenn_M
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2012/12/16 13:49:04 (permalink)
I'm afraid to try the ones that don't make sense.
 like the --gRKFXYBHhpOk
and the  --wlLUnmTo

Producer Exp x1d 
Win XP, intel Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.4 GHz, 2 GHz RAM  
Nvidia gforce 8500 GT    
BR800 controller , DR880 drum machine. GR20 guitar synth, Alesis QX25 
KRK 6 + 10" sub.   Sennheiser HD280pro cans  
2 Yamaki acoustics, Korean Strat, 60's Jazzmaster, 60's BF Deluxe Reverb,   

donaldgiven
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2015/02/17 12:52:23 (permalink)
Andrew, was wanting to look at the ProChannel presets and the link above seems to be dead (). Where are they found now?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2015/02/17 12:57:32 (permalink)
It was taken down some time ago, see http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2943709
donaldgiven
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:[ANSWER FOUND]Re:Free ProChannel Presets 2015/02/17 13:02:24 (permalink)
Thanks.
Damelvis
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: ProChannel Module Updates and Free ProChannel Presets 2016/07/05 11:10:13 (permalink)
Installing the NYC Showroom IRs - my folder is empty and don't have a full channeles options I have pro version of Sonar I have downlaoded twice and nothing
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1