Helpful ReplyReaper is an awsome DAW "PERIOD" License $60

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 10
Author
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 06:19:32 (permalink)
kitekrazy1
Ha, ha, ha, it's Glennbo. Love the user name.

Hey Kite, long time no see!  Hehe, I couldn't make my old login work, so I had to make a brand new one. 

People on VI Control have dumped Cubase for Reaper.  It's great to have at $60.  Some of you paid more for plugins and libraries you never use. Groove has a great tutorial 1st Song In Reaper.   It not as complicated as you think.

I've seen a lot of Pro Tools guys switching to REAPER over the last 9 years in the REAPER forum too. The $60 price tag is by no means any kind of indication of the quality of the software. There are plenty of pro users who produce music for video, film, and games using it. They have no marketing department, no team of lawyers, no advertising in magazines or web sites, so they so they have real low operating costs, and created the software out of a passion to make the best music software. Not to make killer profits. 

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 06:23:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 16:51:16
michaelhanson
This is what has kept me away from trying Reaper in the past.  I may still get a copy to play with at some point, but Melodyne ARA integration is important to me. 

Depending on what it is you need out of it, REAPER has some really great pitch stretching built in. For instance, you can hold down alt, grab the end of an audio clip, and squeeze or stretch it, keeping the pitch in tact. It also has the variable speed control which can be set to either preserve pitch, while letting you speed up or slow down the whole project, or act just like the speed control on an analog reel-to-reel, where speeding up or slowing down raises or lowers the pitch.

Glennbo

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 11:35:36 (permalink)
michaelhanson
This is what has kept me away from trying Reaper in the past.  I may still get a copy to play with at some point, but Melodyne ARA integration is important to me. 

Depending on what it is you need out of it, REAPER has some really great pitch stretching built in. For instance, you can hold down alt, grab the end of an audio clip, and squeeze or stretch it, keeping the pitch in tact. It also has the variable speed control which can be set to either preserve pitch, while letting you speed up or slow down the whole project, or act just like the speed control on an analog reel-to-reel, where speeding up or slowing down raises or lowers the pitch.

For pitch stretching, Reaper is using Elastique. Sonar is using Izotope. 

But that has nothing to do with ARA, and the situation does not look promising: https://askjf.com/index.php?q=3855s

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 11:55:10 (permalink)
michaelhanson

Using Melodyne for pitch correction, not timing adjustment. Also use it to change the key of songs for the Worship Band to practice too.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 11:56:51 (permalink)
azslow3

But that has nothing to do with ARA, and the situation does not look promising: https://askjf.com/index.php?q=3855s

This is of concern for me.
It will probably rule out REAPER.
I seems Studio One is the only one that has that, AND Console 1 integration.
All the best.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 14:03:31 (permalink)
Zargg
azslow3

All the best.

But do not forget to check that is has ALL other features you need.
In my list of things which Studio One does not have, Clip Gain envelop (the fact it does not exist) was the last drop to rule it out.

I guess the discussion about ARA in Reaper has a new round. Several Sonaries are coming. And I am going to participate actively. I have made several workarounds for Sonar, let see what I can do for Reaper 

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 15:11:43 (permalink)
azslow3
Zargg
azslow3

All the best.

In my list of things which Studio One does not have, Clip Gain envelop (the fact it does not exist) was the last drop to rule it out.

I guess the discussion about ARA in Reaper has a new round. Several Sonaries are coming. And I am going to participate actively. I have made several workarounds for Sonar, let see what I can do for Reaper 

That would be cool
I have demoed both DAW's, and can easily get work done in both.
ARA ruled out Cubase as well.
I'm not a heavy MIDI user, so will likely be good either way I go.
But both ARA and Console 1 integration is essential to me.
As far as I know, that only leaves Studio One.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 16:05:30 (permalink)
azslow3
Zargg
azslow3

All the best.

I don't do much in the way of pitch correction, other than fix an occasional flat or sharp note, and for those tasks, I use the clip level pitch envelopes that are built-into REAPER. It also has a pitch correction plug, that is similar in function to Autotune, where you can specify scales, and set it for automatic, but I always prefer to just draw the pitch at the clip level with an envelope. 

As far as scaling whole songs or projects up or down, I have put the native pitch plugin on the master FX bin before and transposed everything up or down, but in my own personal projects about the biggest pitch manipulation I've do was to take an unused guitar solo from a friend of mine who passed away last year, and imported it into a song that was in a different key and at a different tempo.

For that, I used the native pitch plugin to get it in the correct key, and then used the alt+drag technique on the clip to put it into the correct tempo.  Once I completed those two tasks, it sounded natural, and had a guy who was no longer living playing on a brand new song, with a guitar solo that had never been on any other project.

Glennbo

azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 18:13:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2017/11/29 18:29:58
azslow3
Zargg
azslow3

All the best.

I don't do much in the way of pitch correction, other than fix an occasional flat or sharp note, and for those tasks, I use the clip level pitch envelopes that are built-into REAPER. It also has a pitch correction plug, that is similar in function to Autotune, where you can specify scales, and set it for automatic, but I always prefer to just draw the pitch at the clip level with an envelope. 

As far as scaling whole songs or projects up or down, I have put the native pitch plugin on the master FX bin before and transposed everything up or down, but in my own personal projects about the biggest pitch manipulation I've do was to take an unused guitar solo from a friend of mine who passed away last year, and imported it into a song that was in a different key and at a different tempo.

For that, I used the native pitch plugin to get it in the correct key, and then used the alt+drag technique on the clip to put it into the correct tempo.  Once I completed those two tasks, it sounded natural, and had a guy who was no longer living playing on a brand new song, with a guitar solo that had never been on any other project.

With "Clip Gain" envelope in Sonar, I was mentioning "Volume (Pre-FX)" envelope in Reaper...

Sorry if I have not understood you correctly, but based on your comments I am not sure you understand the situation.
While Melodyne can do general "clip" level pitch correction, that is not why I (and I guess other) want to have ARA in Reaper. If you have never used Melodyne Studio and its integration into Sonar / S1:
Imagine Reaper MIDI editor, where you can modify notes/volumes/CCs, for several tracks.
Now imagine you have the same view, with the same functionality, but for pure audio tracks. That is what Melodyne with ARA provides for a DAW.

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 18:31:23 (permalink)
azslow3With "Clip Gain" envelope in Sonar, I was mentioning "Volume (Pre-FX)" envelope in Reaper...

Sorry if I have not understood you correctly, but based on your comments I am not sure you understand the situation.
While Melodyne can do general "clip" level pitch correction, that is not why I (and I guess other) want to have ARA in Reaper. If you have never used Melodyne Studio and its integration into Sonar / S1:
Imagine Reaper MIDI editor, where you can modify notes/volumes/CCs, for several tracks.
Now imagine you have the same view, with the same functionality, but for pure audio tracks. That is what Melodyne with ARA provides for a DAW.

I think you may be correct that I don't understand the desired functionality of Melodyne. Are you guys *re-writing* multi-part vocals, like as in deciding that you wished the vocals had sung something different than what got recorded, so all the vocals must be changed together, and maybe even change what the chord structure of the song is as well?

Not trying to be obtuse, but if that's the purpose of it, I probably wouldn't use it even if it was free and built into REAPER, other than possibly doing the occasional correction of a flat or sharp note. Maybe it's considered old school or obsolete now, but I know when I've recorded a take that is worthy of keeping as is, and if it's not, I re take it right then and there. That is not to say that's how everybody else should do it. That's just how I do it, and prefer doing it.

Glennbo

azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 20:01:52 (permalink)
I think you may be correct that I don't understand the desired functionality of Melodyne. Are you guys *re-writing* multi-part vocals, like as in deciding that you wished the vocals had sung something different than what got recorded, so all the vocals must be changed together, and maybe even change what the chord structure of the song is as well?

There can be also re-writing tasks or creating tasks (like doubling).

Corrections. Can be "just a little bit" pitch/timing/vibrato/volume, for particular tone, also in polyphonic sounds.
Especially useful for Noobs (and I guess for working with Noobs produced material)
I mean if you have recorded piano and hit something wrongly (too loud) by occasion, or even touched some wrong key, but you are satisfied otherwise. Why not just put the volume down / move one single note (out of 100k notes!) instead of recording the thing one more time. Especially if you have noticed the problem long time after it was recorded

Tempo extraction.

jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 21:10:52 (permalink)

Also, you can go in to a guitar chord (audio file) and just change the pitch of one note (maybe it's a tiny bit sharp or flat), or take out that open string that you accidentally "rubbed" ;-)

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 21:44:01 (permalink)
BTW, while not a definitive "Yes", there is at least a kind of "May be" from one developer.
I do not know who is who on that forum, how far things can go after Justin's "Not a good idea" and so on.
But if more and more people will ask AFTER joining the club, there is a big chance it is implemented.
I mean if significant number of Sonaries change to Reaper, ARA will be implemented. I do not think that is something in this DAW is about money... but they have to spend time (I have not seen ARA API yet, nor Rea API, but they claim a lot of time, and I am sure that is so). They spend it where they think it make sense for users (==customers).
In other words "I will buy Reaper in case you implement ARA" is going to have 0.0 effect, while changing to Reaper and then asking - can

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 22:02:26 (permalink)
jbraner
Also, you can go in to a guitar chord (audio file) and just change the pitch of one note (maybe it's a tiny bit sharp or flat), or take out that open string that you accidentally "rubbed" ;-)

OK, that's something I might actually use, although I am pretty diligent about checking tuning before recording. Both my guitar and bass setups are routed through a common Korg rack mount tuner, so I never have an excuse to be out of tune.

As far as little flubs like accidentally muting an open string or something, I never let those stand when laying a track. I programmed a "Do Over" button on the remote control I use when recording. The moment I play a clam, I hit my Do Over button, which stops recording, performs an undo, performs a rewind to the last punch in point, and punches back into record. It happens so fast there's no time to lose the groove of what I'm trying to play and within a try or two or three, I'll have the part down the way I want it with no fixing after the fact needed.

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 22:12:41 (permalink)
jbraner

OK, that's something I might actually use, although I am pretty diligent about checking tuning before recording. Both my guitar and bass setups are routed through a common Korg rack mount tuner, so I never have an excuse to be out of tune.

Well, sometimes when you're playing a "hard" chord, one finger pushes down a string a little - to make it sharp. Or sometimes a bend isn't *quite* right (especially when you're bending a string, while *not* bending another (or some others).
You get the idea... ;-)

With ARA, you just edit this stuff, while the rest of the tracks are playing.
I'm not sure how Melodyne works as "just a plugin" - but you might have to edit parts, without hearing everything else playing (?)

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 22:42:37 (permalink)
jbraner
jbraner

Well, sometimes when you're playing a "hard" chord, one finger pushes down a string a little - to make it sharp. Or sometimes a bend isn't *quite* right (especially when you're bending a string, while *not* bending another (or some others).
You get the idea... ;-)

With ARA, you just edit this stuff, while the rest of the tracks are playing.
I'm not sure how Melodyne works as "just a plugin" - but you might have to edit parts, without hearing everything else playing (?)

Well, bottom line is I hope Justin and Schwa might find some time between other things to add ARA for you guys.

It's not a feature I require because it's not slowing me down from making lots of music, plus the fact that I don't own Melodyne.  ;)

Glennbo

azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 22:59:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 16:55:32
jbraner

Melodyne needs the whole "clip"/"region" to give you good results. So it has to receive material first.
Only this process is significantly different with/without ARA:
* without ARA, you "record" into Melodyne the peace you need, by playing the material (VST support sequential data processing ONLY)
* with ARA, the material is transfered like a "file", so no need to wait for real time playing.
The rest is the same: once the material is inside Melodyne, it "parese" it. Then it can produce the sound like a normal VST, on "its own" even when the transport is stopped or in sync with Sonar (simply ignoring its input and using parsed/edited information on its place). BTW the syncing can be broken in recent Sonar (http://forum.cakewalk.com/Melodyne-clips-not-playing-in-sync-m3634843.aspx).

Remember all that weird problems with Melodyne at the beginning? For Sonar one bug more, one bug less was never a show stopper, the functionality was released. Reaper people do not like that...
I hope the technology is mature now.

azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 23:22:50 (permalink)
It's not a feature I require because it's not slowing me down from making lots of music, plus the fact that I don't own Melodyne.  ;)

And that I see as may be primary reason why it is not yet in Reaper...

Each community tend to "defend" own thing. Sonar was not an exception. There are always some "fan boys" (no offense intention!) which claim the eco-system is self containing, what is there is perfect and what is not there is simply not needed. Comparing Sonar forum with Reaper forum, I think the last one is a bit more aggressive in that (do not worry, not on the KVR level...).

BTW Melodyne can be tested. Also entry level version comes with Tracktion Waveform for cheap, in addition I see Waveform as direct antagonist to Reaper: everything should be intuitive, but can happened the whole thing does not work at all... I mean it is worse to check for the "bug picture of available approaches in DAWs".

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/29 23:55:51 (permalink)
azslow3

And that I see as may be primary reason why it is not yet in Reaper...

Each community tend to "defend" own thing. Sonar was not an exception. There are always some "fan boys" (no offense intention!) which claim the eco-system is self containing, what is there is perfect and what is not there is simply not needed. Comparing Sonar forum with Reaper forum, I think the last one is a bit more aggressive in that (do not worry, not on the KVR level...).

BTW Melodyne can be tested. Also entry level version comes with Tracktion Waveform for cheap, in addition I see Waveform as direct antagonist to Reaper: everything should be intuitive, but can happened the whole thing does not work at all... I mean it is worse to check for the "bug picture of available approaches in DAWs".

I'd be fine if Justin and Schwa want to add full ARA support. It's not like it would take them away from working on new things that I need them to implement.  I would have absolutely nothing against them doing that at all, unless it were to impair the functionality that I have now with REAPER, which works completely glitch free for me. 

If they were to add full ARA support, I don't think it would entice me to buy Melodyne 4 Essential though.  For the "basic editing of pitch and timing" Celemony  says it offers, I already have tools that are included with REAPER that suit my needs in accomplishing that, and I'm sure not going to spend $249 - $849 for their upper tier products.

I really don't do much fixing of my tracks after recording them, but I come from the days of owning a six foot tall 1" Ampex tape machine, where you had to get it right to start with. Not saying that's the *right* way or *better* way. It's just the way I've always done it as both a commercial studio owner, and as a studio musician.  :-)

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 09:37:21 (permalink)
Melodyne needs the whole "clip"/"region" to give you good results. So it has to receive material first.
Only this process is significantly different with/without ARA:
* without ARA, you "record" into Melodyne the peace you need, by playing the material (VST support sequential data processing ONLY)
* with ARA, the material is transfered like a "file", so no need to wait for real time playing.
The rest is the same: once the material is inside Melodyne, it "parese" it. Then it can produce the sound like a normal VST, on "its own" even when the transport is stopped or in sync with Sonar (simply ignoring its input and using parsed/edited information on its place). BTW the syncing can be broken in recent Sonar (http://forum.cakewalk.com/Melodyne-clips-not-playing-in-sync-m3634843.aspx).

Thanks for the info azslow3. So, without ARA, you just have to "play in" the area you want to work on, and after that everything is the same? For small clips then, it's not really a big problem.
I don't actually use this a real lot - it's just  nice to know it's there.

I wouldn't *not* go to Reaper because of it - though i realise that everyone's needs are different.

I'll go into Reaper *very* slowly. I  want to like it, so I'll give it some time. I think I'll just create a test project and try to do all the basic things, and then try to make things "easier", an dthen try more complicated stuff.
first, I'm just looking at the forums and the manual (a little) etc. I haven't actually posted over there yet - just lurking ;-)

if Justin and Schwa want to add full ARA support

Hey G'bo - is that the same schwa who makes plugins?

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 16:44:39 (permalink)
jbraner
if Justin and Schwa want to add full ARA support

Hey G'bo - is that the same schwa who makes plugins?

I believe both Schwa and Stillwell (http://www.stillwellaudio.com/) are involved in REAPER development.
There are JS plugins included in REAPER from both, and on their plugins page they offer REAPER only versions in addition to the normal VST/VSTi versions of their plugins for a substantial discount.

They also use "White Tie" to design the graphics for their plugins. White Tie also designed the "Imperial" theme for REAPER.  http://www.houseofwhiteti...erial/wt_imperial.html

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 18:16:37 (permalink)
OK thanks. They make good plugs.
I thought I recognised "schwa" ;-)

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 19:21:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 17:03:52

I just saw this over in the REAPER forum. Thought some of you guys here might like to know about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've set up Melodyne as my secondary external editor. When inside Reaper I want to edit a stem, select the stem and opening the secondary external editor. Melodyne opens. Then I edit the stem. Export the file as wav file to my desktop, and move it into the project folder. Returning to Reaper, it updates the stem.

Edit:

It seems they have something called "Save and Replace audio", which is intended for using Melodyne as an external editor in a DAW:
Quote:
Saving with “Replace Audio” is primarily useful when you define Melodyne in your DAW as the external sample editor: at the push of a button inside the DAW, you can then open a file for editing in Melodyne, whereby saving it subsequently with “Replace Audio” ensures that the file is “given back” to the DAW automatically. This is because the DAW uses the name of the file to identify and access it, and since Melodyne is no longer changing the name, saving the edited file in Melodyne with “Replace Audio” makes it instantly available to the DAW.
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc2-c...elodyne-studio

Wow, this workflow seems pretty good. Using "replace audio" totally fixed my main issue. Excellent! I have a toolbar button that says "Open in Melodyne". I then do my edits, and then press File > Replace Audio. Then, I exit Melodyne and the change is there instantly.

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 20:00:22 (permalink)
Thanks for that (we know you're really still) G'bo!
Thats a few more clicks than ARA - but should be perfectly usable for tuning and fixing things.

I don't know about tempo maps though...

Melodyne also lets you drag a audio file to a MIDI track, and it extracts the timing and notes (!)
I've never used it - don't know how you'd try it in Reaper.

I'll get it installed one of these days.

I do get the feeling that most things are possible - but you just have to be persistent, and keep looking/trying ;-)
Kinda like the "linux" of the DAW world ;-)

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 20:07:53 (permalink)
Yup... And I like that ;)
I am more and more convinced Melodyne will work as it should in Reaper, some "lucky" day (not sure that is going to be pure luck for me, but if not, everyone will just have to wait a bit longer).

LAGinz25
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 20:27:52 (permalink)
I know this is a a Reaper thread, but just a reminder that both Melodyne ARA and Vocalign ARA work very well in Studio One. In fact, I believe Studio One was the first DAW to implement ARA, which it did with Melodyne before Sonar had ARA.
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 20:52:50 (permalink)
LAGinz25
I know this is a a Reaper thread, but just a reminder that both Melodyne ARA and Vocalign ARA work very well in Studio One. In fact, I believe Studio One was the first DAW to implement ARA, which it did with Melodyne before Sonar had ARA.

Pretty sure everyone in this thread already knows that, but the real burning question that everyone wants to know is how much prettier is Studio One?   <GGG>

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 21:26:22 (permalink)
Well, Reaper can be "pretty" too - can't it?
It's got the geek appeal though (I mean that in the best possible way) ;-)

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
azslow3
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 21:39:53 (permalink)
LAGinz25

Since ARA is a technology developed by Celemony in cooperation with Presonus, what you write definitively make sense. May be we also should mentions for which DAW Steinberg has developed VST... 

Seriously. I have nothing against Studio One. But you see the link in my signature, for which I have spend years of my free time... And the meaning of official answer from Presonus was: "you can forget your plug-in".

I better implement ARA in Reaper myself then just drop my creature  dnd for "very small priced" package of 5 challenge response authorizations with a bunch of plug-ins. I already have that, I have "lifetime" Platinum. I do not need another one, without some features I liked and without new features I could say "wow... that is really cool and what I want".

BTW my question was not answered directly on Presonus site, just in another question. Such "support" I also have with Sonar "lifetime"

Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/11/30 21:59:46 (permalink)
jbraner
Well, Reaper can be "pretty" too - can't it?

Mine is!!!   ;)

It's got the geek appeal though (I mean that in the best possible way) ;-)

One of the many things I love about it, but the biggest feature that I love more than anything else about REAPER, is that I can run my twin M-Audio 2496 cards at 64 ms latency, NEVER change it from that, and then add more than 100 plugins to my projects, including multiple virtual amps, and other CPU hungry plugins.

It lets me work on my music, rather than working on my DAW.

Glennbo

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 10
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1