Helpful ReplyReaper is an awsome DAW "PERIOD" License $60

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 10
Author
samson7842
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 00:06:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 17:06:02
Here's a great resource for getting started with Reaper. Easy to follow videos:
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php

And here's a Sonar to Reaper Quick Start Guide. It lists how you'd do certain things in Sonar, then shows you how to do them in Reaper. Makes it very, very easy to learn Reaper:
https://www.reaper.fm/guides/SONARtoREAPER.pdf

Lateef Murdock

Gear:
Dell XPS 8700
i7-4770 3.9 GHz
24 GB Dual Channel DDR3 160MHZ 4DIMMs
Windows 10 64bit
Cakewalk (CxB)
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 4
Komplete 9 Ultimate
Maschine 2.7 MK3
Edirol PCR 500
Roland A-300 Pro 
Steinberg Virtual Guitarist 2
Virtual Guitarist Silk
Virtual Guitarist Amber
Virtual Guitarist Iron
Steinberg UR22
Waves Gold
Melodyne 4 Studio
Various other fiddly bits
jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 09:31:16 (permalink)
Thanks for the links.
I've seen the SONAR-> Reaper one. It's from 2010 so it's a little dated now - but I guess it's still good for some basic concepts ;-)

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 18:53:41 (permalink)
jbraner
OK thanks. They make good plugs.
I thought I recognised "schwa" ;-)

Just came across something related while looking up some historical data.

Schwa = John Schwartz who is one of the developers for REAPER, and is who creates plugins at Stillwell.

I never knew that Schwa was short for Schwartz until today.

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 19:22:26 (permalink)
Well, there you go - you learn something new every day!

Stillwell makes good plugins ;-)

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 21:04:03 (permalink)
I used Reaper for several projects a few years ago while taking a break from Sonar. I eventually came back to Sonar, but still use Reaper now for quick projects and also for a "live rig" setup with S-Gear sometimes.

The forum users as with most forums quite friendly and helpful. Nicolas who writes the manuals and a few Reaper related help books jumped in and created templates for me that mirrored my Sonar flow. At the time that was helpful for quickly recording some large projects. I read / skimmed the manual and watched some helpful videos. I found that Reaper was fairly easy to understand and use. I can move quickly in and around that program now.

Things to like:
- Quickness / responsiveness of the controls and commands
- Feels familiar fairly quickly
- I love double clicking to add a track 
- Routing can be whatever you want it to be this side of looping back into your source (which you could do)
- Tracks can be anything
- Multi-instruments on one track = very helpful for quickly auditioning sounds
- Monitoring resource usage in detail (fx/tracks,etc)
- Audio engine sounds great like all the other big daw players
- Low latency
- Run the program from a thumb drive
- User created custom run commands - very helpful

Things I don't like:
- fx manager - you can organize to user folders though - just hard to really see what you need in there at first
- default theme and most user themes. I admit I like a polished look from my daw. Tell no one.
- No ARA yet
- so many options to slow you down if you are not sure of the impact on your workflow - I found for me to leave most of them alone. There are some daw users out there that want their daw to fix their breakfast and then wash and put the dishes away. To me that is non-productive over thinking. But on the flip side, Reaper accommodates me keeping the workflow simpler as well.

Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to use Reaper as your main daw. Once you get used to it - it's very powerful and will help anyone achieve professional results. Should they build ARA into Reaper - then it becomes almost a no brainer at their price point vs raw daw power. 

Dave
Songs

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 21:43:40 (permalink)
If you work in staff or notation view, and Event list, it's great. I'm demoing Cubase, and their event list is very small print and rather mystifying. Reaper's is exactly like Sonar's. Also, although Cubase staff view is very sophisticated as notation goes, it doesn't allow you to select a passage of notes across several measures, only what's on the page. When I started with Reaper, it couldn't do it either. I submitted a feature request, and now it can. I'm probably going to stay with Reaper. I don't miss ARA as I don't even know what it is. Reaper does everything I need it to do, with a fast workflow. I'm trying to like Cubase, but just can't see how I'd ever get a good workflow going.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Mosvalve
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/01 23:39:50 (permalink)
I already have Studio One 3 and Mixbus as well and like them both but Like Sonar better but I wanted to try Reaper. I can't stop using it. I'm having so much fum with this program. It's easier to use than I thought and the videos are very good to learn it faster. So far I haven't found anything I don't like about it. I'm sure I will come across some but I doubt these will be any deal breakers. I have a friend (Sonar) user as well who is stubborn and did not want to try any other DAW. He loves Sonar and no other DAW can come close. That could be fairly true. I convinced him to try Reaper and he loves it. He said and I quote, " I think this is going to be my main DAW now" and hasn't even watched a video or looked at the manual. If you knew him you would agree that this is a great testiment to Reaper.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/02 21:21:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 17:09:01
I've noticed something I am really liking about REAPER that other vendors have made me aware of lately. The folks behind REAPER are not circling the skies of the Cakewalk train wreck looking for red meat to scavenge. I've only seen a few enthusiastic users like myself even mention REAPER here.  I remember back when I was working as a programmer in a vertical industry where the competition was always trying to lure users from each other, using every trick in the book. Offering conversions of data into their format, deep discounts for switching, a free year of updates, Etc.  I am so glad that Cockos is NOT part of that korporate mindset which is always first and foremost interested in extracting dollars from pockets. I hope they never change the vision that brought them to put this on the opening page of their corporate website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cockos Incorporated was founded in 2004, beginning an effort to build quality software that would benefit people throughout the world.

Our goal is to develop software sustainably while preventing profit rationale from forcing engineering compromises. By doing so, we can keep our product visions intact, giving maximum benefit to our users.

We lovingly craft the software that we want to use.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glennbo

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/02 22:06:03 (permalink)
That's why I want to like it.
I'm gonna try real hard 😉

I just don't have the energy right now. Switching to a new DAW is hard work (like when SONAR X1 came out and we had to find where everything that we used to know, was hiding) 😉

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/02 22:16:44 (permalink)
Reaper was mentioned on that forum many times, I mean before CW crash.
I guess negativity and ignorance about Reaper inducted by:

1) "it is AWESOME! I *LOVE* it etc.". Because of ads we all see everywhere, every day, on TV and Internet, most people reaction on that is opposite from the intention: "I don't f... care what you love!!!", "yet another ad/funboy". I mean people tend to run away quick from everything with such promotions.

I do not like it, and the fact you had to create the second account is a prove I am not alone.

2) 2-3 people developed DAW can not be serious.

Normally, it is not know how many people create a product. And the information what else is used is rarely public. That way that product can be sold as "solid".
Small projects (f.e. a VST) in many cases can be and are developed just by one programmer.
If you let me guess how many programmers was working on Sonar core engine last years, i will say  - less (!) then one (!). One full time programmer could produce quite significant changes. What else except ARA, some cosmetic interface improvements and bug fixes was done? Apart from any plug-ins, CCC and other not engine components?

3) "they do no play fair concurrence" ... that argument was continuously mentioned by some respectable people.

I think that is completely irrelevant. "Moral" in choosing the DAW? We know that the world is not fair. We can not change that. That is not a reason to use bad software. There are many fonds where money can be sent to make us think "we help poor people...".

4) $60 DAW is always a toy. No "pro" are using it.

If someone is a "pro", he/she knows what he/she wants to use and why. If someone is not a "pro",  "pro" DAW/guitar/mic/hammer unlikely is going to change that status.
Reaper is $225. And that is only(!) to the DAW. No loops, no 3d party plug-ins. Remove the price of all plug-ins and content from any "big player" bundle, how much from the bundle price is really the DAW price?
$60 is permanent discount. "Cubase and Studio One have super price for us now!". Waves have "sales" every days (down to 90% off!). That gives people impression they get something "big" for "little". Well, then think the same way about $60 for Reaper.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 00:18:07 (permalink)
@musicroom,

Right about no ARA integration, just have to bring up the effect and use as a generic vst. No indication that this is going to be implemented anytime soon, so have to look elsewhere beyond Reaper if this is critical.

About the fx browser being defective or hard to navigate, this to me is one of the major advantages in Reaper when dealing with plugins. You can set up any number of custom folders, even rename the effects or synths, categorize the preset libraries in whatever way is most efficient for you. Once set up, the cataloging workflow is so much nicer than what I have put up with in Sonar. Both get the job done however.

Lots of skins for Reaper, probably more available than for any other DAW. Doesn't guarantee that every knob will work in all of them, but some really elegant choices. I use ver 5 but have selected the default ver 4 GUI. Just works great for me and gets direct access to the tools under the hood.

Then the idea that at $60, you get something cheap and realizing later you get what you pay for. Reaper could sell for 10 times the price and still be nearly king of the realm. $60 license is a no brainer, a steal. The outfit wanted to bring highest quality professional tools into the reach of everyone, not shut some kid out because he or she can't afford several hundred dollars for a pro DAW. These guys have a lot of good karma going forward. Cheap license is a gift totally disconnected with the quality you receive.

Hoping everyone migrates to something that works, keeping in mind that Sonar will not go down for several years if even then in the slow erosion of abandonware. No freak out needed for any of us. Lots of experts around here in many other DAW's. Till they close the doors on this place, many seem to be here willing to help in the transition.

John

scottfa
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:03:52 (permalink)
My biggest concern is that Justin gers bored( or something worse happens) with Repear..... Am i in the same boat as i am in now with Sonar in a few months/years?

Intel I7 2600K (OCed to 4.0)
Gigabyte Ga-Z68X-UD3H-B3
16G Corsair 1600  Memory 4 sticks
1 SSD, 1WD 650 SATA and 1 Samsung 1G SATA    
Steinberg MR816X 
Mackie R800 Adat to the Steinberg
Windows 10 64 bit     
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
UAD-2  Solo
scottfa
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:04:01 (permalink)
My biggest concern is that Justin gers bored( or something worse happens) with Repear..... Am i in the same boat as i am in now with Sonar in a few months/years?

Intel I7 2600K (OCed to 4.0)
Gigabyte Ga-Z68X-UD3H-B3
16G Corsair 1600  Memory 4 sticks
1 SSD, 1WD 650 SATA and 1 Samsung 1G SATA    
Steinberg MR816X 
Mackie R800 Adat to the Steinberg
Windows 10 64 bit     
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
UAD-2  Solo
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:16:09 (permalink)
scottfa

Then you might in the absolute very worst case scenario be out (OMG) sixty bucks! Except that ALL versions of REAPER, dating back to the very first v0.41 public beta here: https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=0x can be downloaded, saved to the media of your choice, and will continue to work, even if the entire internet were to go totally tits up! On the other hand, it is far more likely that you would buy a current version for the same sixty bucks, and get to go for as many as two versions before having to cough up more of your hard earned money!

I bought my last upgrade copy of REAPER so long ago, I feel guilty not sending more money to them, but at v6.0 I will FINALLY have to send in some more cash to keep my copy current, and I will do it the second it comes out!!!

Glennbo

GotMetalBoy
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:26:38 (permalink)
glazfolk
Oh, and I'll just add that there's no shortage of ex-Sonar users in the REAPER community who'll be only too happy to help anyone who wants help in migrating.

I agree! I couldn't believe how fast and helpful the REAPER Forum members are. I just made a post on here about the info I've learned, so far about REAPER. Here's my post if anyone is interested: SONAR to New REAPER Users MIDI Editing Info and How to Run Different Versions and Backup: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3701934

One of the things I think is so awesome about REAPER is that if there's something you can't figure out how to do or something you want added, forum members program scripts to add really useful features all the time.

Here's another helpful post I found: So What included Plug-ins/Content will port to another DAW? http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3692836 

Thanks,
Lou
Sonar Platinum 12/01/2015; Line 6 UX2; Focusrite 6i6; MOTU USB MIDI Express XT; Roland TD-20 V-Drums; XLN Addictive Drums 2; Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II; FAMC LF+ Pro+; Mesa Boogie TriAxis, Stereo Simul-Class 2:90; Marshall 1960AV; Yamaha DXR12
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:29:56 (permalink)
scottfa

Then you might in the absolute very worst case scenario be out (OMG) sixty bucks! Except that ALL versions of REAPER, dating back to the very first v0.41 public beta here: https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=0x can be downloaded, saved to the media of your choice, and will continue to work, even if the entire internet were to go totally tits up! On the other hand, it is far more likely that you would buy a current version for the same sixty bucks, and get to go for as many as two versions before having to cough up more of your hard earned money!

I bought my last upgrade copy of REAPER so long ago, I feel guilty not sending more money to them, but at v6.0 I will FINALLY have to send in some more cash to keep my copy current, and I will do it the second it comes out!!!

Exactly, and the latest file coming around a  huge 11mb, downloading isn't a chore. Always amazed that they can get all that power into an 11mb download.

I'll have to buy a new license when 6 comes out, I checked the other day and my current license was purchased on 26 December 2013, just about to roll into its 5th year of free updates (how long did SONARs Lifetime updates last? ) sorry, couldn't resist , that's not bad value for $60.

You could worry the same about any company possibly going belly up, I don't think I would be to worried about Cockos and REAPER going belly up, it's not about the money to them and it's all pretty much self contained and a pretty lean machine.

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

Frank Harvey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:44:06 (permalink)
Reaper  well might be the next SONAR !!
Heck .
Did I say that?
But I am in my second day of trialing and I think it is the closest thing to Sonar (RIP) I have found.
Still testing 1,2,3 though ;)
Cheers........Frank in OZ
Frank Harvey
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 04:45:28 (permalink)
PS: I am about to buy shares in Reaper...what the heck ?

Mosvalve
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 05:33:00 (permalink)
I'm sold after a few days with it. Reapers a keeper.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
JohnKenn
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 16:34:19 (permalink)
Once again, I'm very happy to be proven wrong.
Regarding ARA support in Reaper, check this:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297

John
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 16:48:34 (permalink)
JohnKenn

John

Veddy cool!!!  In the nine or more years I've been using REAPER, I've found that those guys are the most responsive coders I've seen.  When I was still coding, if someone called with an issue, and I could see what that issue was, I'd jump right on it the same day, and frequently have a fix up for them to download in hours. Justin and Schwa seem the same way to me, in that they don't want to have a product that falls short, or has some technical issue making it malfunction. I think of it as being similar to the mindset of old world craftsman who had pride in their work, creating masterpieces, and leaving no detail unfinished.

Glennbo

Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 16:54:10 (permalink)
JohnKenn

John

That's great news!

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Billy Buck
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2101
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 16:58:01 (permalink)
Yes, ARA integration is finally coming to REAPER! 

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

jbraner
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 21:04:36 (permalink)
Billy Buck
Yes, ARA integration is finally coming to REAPER! 

I guess I'll be coming to Reaper to 😉

John Braner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
skinnybones lampshade
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 530
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/03 23:10:55 (permalink)
ARA integration in Reaper .... HURRAY!!  That's everything I was hoping for. Wonderful!
JohnKenn
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/04 01:39:45 (permalink)
Bottom line for me only, others may disagree... and you may well be on the higher moral and technological ground. Just my opinion from having bounced Reaper and Sonar off each other for more years than I want to remember. Major strengths and weaknesses are in each.

Reaper is an absolute killer machine. Incredible. Rock solid, stable, brilliant, constantly evolving. Getting thru the paradigm shift is problematic when things are expected to work like something familiar, and Reaper doesn't do it the same way we are calcified to demand that it has to be done..

For those new looking at Reaper as one of their possible DAW's, a couple hours trial ain't going to cut it, will only end in anger and frustration, loss of a beautiful system above our radar. Takes days to understand what these geeks put together and created as a next generation workflow, that in all honesty fell short in Cubase, Sonar, Protools and others.

When too not drink to drunk no more, would be honored to do a couple YouTube videos on some of the hi points that IMHO excel way beyond Sonar's ability to handle the tasks. You judge. If you see how effectively it is done and how simple it is to do tasks impossible in Sonar, the jump is not so bad and has many benefits. Only a different way of doing things. Want to start with glorious multi synth and effects chaining Youtube for keyboard folks. Should add that TTS-1, Dimension, Rapture, Zta, the SI suite of strings and pianos, etc, work solid in Reaper. And thanks to Glenbo for his hard on, continued input for the welfare of all.

Still keeping Sonar on my disc. May revert to 8.5 back when the program was civilized. I need Reaper and maybe others of do you as well.

John
samson7842
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/04 04:02:38 (permalink)
I think the best way to tell if you'll really like a DAW is to get in there and make a full fledged song with it. By the time you're done mixing it, you'll know if it's for you or not. I just don't think going over tutorials or quick-start guides alone is enough. Actually, making music with it tells the whole story.

Lateef Murdock

Gear:
Dell XPS 8700
i7-4770 3.9 GHz
24 GB Dual Channel DDR3 160MHZ 4DIMMs
Windows 10 64bit
Cakewalk (CxB)
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 4
Komplete 9 Ultimate
Maschine 2.7 MK3
Edirol PCR 500
Roland A-300 Pro 
Steinberg Virtual Guitarist 2
Virtual Guitarist Silk
Virtual Guitarist Amber
Virtual Guitarist Iron
Steinberg UR22
Waves Gold
Melodyne 4 Studio
Various other fiddly bits
JohnoL
  • Total Posts : 241
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/04 16:05:05 (permalink)
Does Reaper have anything similar to project folders?
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/04 17:16:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby som_c 2017/12/07 17:40:47
JohnoL
Does Reaper have anything similar to project folders?

Yep. That how all my projects are kept. 

Something semi-related is in REAPER, you can have projects inside other projects too, so you could have a top level project called "Album" and inside it, sub-projects that are the individual songs.

Sound on Sound did a review of it last year.

https://www.soundonsound....ues/reaper-subprojects

Glennbo

JohnKenn
Re: Reaper is awsome for a $60 DAW 2017/12/04 17:28:33 (permalink)
Samson,

You are right. Getting a song published from beginning to CD is the proof that the thing will work and no quick start guide will do that for you.

At the same time, Reaper’s workflow is quite different and can cause a lot of headache trying to adjust to even the basics at first.

I think I can create a brief YouTube on the general setup of a track, midi vs audio assignment, VST/VSTI setup and chaining synths, from the perspective of what a Sonar user has to deal with. Also in the YouTube, a couple neat tricks that are not in any manual. If I can facilitate the voyage for anyone and help cut thru some of the grief, I’ve done my job.

John
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 10
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1