Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
SF_Green
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (14th January) 2011/01/19 23:18:30 (permalink)
Dappa1

So when are the bakers going to hire him?

+ 1

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (14th January) 2011/01/19 23:51:50 (permalink)
Hi Ben:

What a shame you can't get at the SONAR code. I reckon  with your insights you'd probably have some of the major bugs sorted out. I've stopped using X1 till the X1b update comes along. I happy to fire it up and give it a whirl when you release each revision of your toolbar helper.

Sometimes I wonder what Ron kuper thinks about where Cakewalk have taken SONAR and how its working today. just a thought.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
benstat
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 972
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/20 07:43:30 (permalink)
sanelso2

Hi Ben,

First let me say I think your tool is awesome.  I've been giving it a fair testing and absolutely love it.  I can't believe something like this wasn't part of the original design of X1.

I experienced no problems at all when using SONAR X1 Helper with a new file (other then having to manually start it outside of SONAR X1 because of my UAC level ...but this is a minor irritance given the flexibility the tool provides).  The few niggles I did encounter, I sent them to you in an email along with the requested report.

As for a feature request:  I would love to see on the "Modify BitBridge Windows" icon some type of indication/feedback that this button is active?  For example, the "Full Screen Mode On/Off" icon has an arrow that changes directions within the icon when the button is toggled between active and inactive modes.

Perhaps you could add a small green asterisk as a sub/superscript within the number "32" on the icon ....or perhaps change the color to the light electric SONAR blue once the icon is active???

Again, Ben thanks so much for a wonderful tool.  You are truly talented and selfless.  Thank you so much for sharing this.

Thanks very much for the detailed feedback and report you emailed to me yesterday.

I've just been doing some testing, and I've found that your first problem is actually 'by design'. If there is nothing in the MultiDock, then it will always be collapsed and Sonar won't allow it to expand/maximize. That's why the expand/maximize buttons did nothing, and if you tried to use the normal Sonar ways of expanding/maximizing an empty MultiDock you would find the same thing happens (ie nothing, because there is nothing in it to show!).
I've already fixed your second problem (crash with closed browser), and will be adding a combined narrow/widen strips button soon as per your suggestion.
Thanks again,
Ben

My DAW: Intel i5, Cakewalk UA-1G, Win7 64 bit, SONAR X1a Producer 64 bit
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/20 07:47:35 (permalink)
Just a quick note to thank everyone who has posted here with comments, feedback and general support. I'm really pleased that a lot of people are finding it useful, and it's inspiring me to keep going and carry on making improvements, even at the expense of music making (an occasional break from it invariably does me good anyway)!
Look out for another update within a few days.
Ben

lowdown
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 300
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/20 07:59:55 (permalink)
Thanks for this X1 helper.
Out of interest, where is Miseryville ?
I live in Essex these days and it don't get anymore miserable than that.

http://soundcloud.com/garrycribb

Sonar X2B x64, W7 x64  
Cubase 7.5 x64

Intel i7/4790K 24 Gig Ram
Roland Quad Capture
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (14th January) 2011/01/20 12:07:15 (permalink)
mudgel

Hi Ben:

What a shame you can't get at the SONAR code. I reckon  with your insights you'd probably have some of the major bugs sorted out. I've stopped using X1 till the X1b update comes along. I happy to fire it up and give it a whirl when you release each revision of your toolbar helper.

Sometimes I wonder what Ron kuper thinks about where Cakewalk have taken SONAR and how its working today. just a thought.

Hi Mike...

Yeah, I thought of that too... Ron and all the other Bakers who have "retired"...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
sanelso2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 73
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/20 18:34:32 (permalink)
benstat

sanelso2

Hi Ben,

First let me say I think your tool is awesome.  I've been giving it a fair testing and absolutely love it.  I can't believe something like this wasn't part of the original design of X1.

I experienced no problems at all when using SONAR X1 Helper with a new file (other then having to manually start it outside of SONAR X1 because of my UAC level ...but this is a minor irritance given the flexibility the tool provides).  The few niggles I did encounter, I sent them to you in an email along with the requested report.

As for a feature request:  I would love to see on the "Modify BitBridge Windows" icon some type of indication/feedback that this button is active?  For example, the "Full Screen Mode On/Off" icon has an arrow that changes directions within the icon when the button is toggled between active and inactive modes.

Perhaps you could add a small green asterisk as a sub/superscript within the number "32" on the icon ....or perhaps change the color to the light electric SONAR blue once the icon is active???

Again, Ben thanks so much for a wonderful tool.  You are truly talented and selfless.  Thank you so much for sharing this.

Thanks very much for the detailed feedback and report you emailed to me yesterday.

I've just been doing some testing, and I've found that your first problem is actually 'by design'. If there is nothing in the MultiDock, then it will always be collapsed and Sonar won't allow it to expand/maximize. That's why the expand/maximize buttons did nothing, and if you tried to use the normal Sonar ways of expanding/maximizing an empty MultiDock you would find the same thing happens (ie nothing, because there is nothing in it to show!).
I've already fixed your second problem (crash with closed browser), and will be adding a combined narrow/widen strips button soon as per your suggestion.
Thanks again,
Ben

Hi Ben,  thanks for looking into everything!  Now, for the real question ....how long before you complete the X1b patch! ;)

...But seriously, I think your tool is totally awesome.  Although you haven't been able to get much music done, you've allowed us to get back to having fun!  Again, thanks so much! ! ! ! !

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SONAR X1x 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz) 6M L2 Cache 800Mhz Dual Core, Windows 7, 256MB NVIDA Quadro
----------------------------------------------------------------------
mgh
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/20 19:15:05 (permalink)
lowdown

lol i'm in Billericay, nowt wrong with here! Still, if i was somewhere between Canvey and Dagenham on the river, maybe i'd feel different!...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 03:46:17 (permalink)
mgh

lowdown

lol i'm in Billericay, nowt wrong with here! Still, if i was somewhere between Canvey and Dagenham on the river, maybe i'd feel different!...

Midlands here, but isn't the whole of the UK miserable?!

mgh
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 03:51:06 (permalink)
i blame the ConDems! or CW's estore currency converter!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
lowdown
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 300
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 04:36:45 (permalink)
mgh

lowdown

Well i am over at the point end of Canvey, nearer to Holland than Essex really.
But if you are over this way give me a shout and pop in for some Dutch beer.

http://soundcloud.com/garrycribb

Sonar X2B x64, W7 x64  
Cubase 7.5 x64

Intel i7/4790K 24 Gig Ram
Roland Quad Capture
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 18:18:57 (permalink)
Hi all,
I've made an executive decision not to rush out a new release this weekend. I'm going to wait until next weekend and put out a more complete and thoroughly tested version, that will hopefully fix the problems some people have been having, as well as adding some worthwhile new functionality (for example, I've sorted out multi-screen support now).
This isn't a thinly veiled attempt to cover up for the fact that I've done nothing all week. On the contrary, I've actually managed to do a lot this week, but I just haven't had time to do that AND make sure it's really reliable and robust.
So, unless anything changes in the meantime, the next update of Sonar X1 Helper will now come next weekend. If you are really desperate to get your hands on the new version, let me know via PM by about midweek, because it would be nice to have a handful of people quickly check the new release before it goes 'public'. I'm hoping for more of a 'release candidate' than a 'beta' version this time around.
Thanks,
Ben
post edited by benstat - 2011/01/21 18:20:41

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 18:28:42 (permalink)
Ben not to worry.  Don't do like some developers do and rush things. LOL Not naming anyone.

Best
John
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 18:58:09 (permalink)
Here's some of the stuff I've already done for the next version (a little teaser, in no particular order):

1. Added Step Record button.
2. Fixed crash bug when Helper is run when it's already running.
3. Expand/collapse MultiDock no longer does anything if MultiDock is floating.
4. Complete overhaul of Sonar window detection system.
5. Improved browser expand/collapse/show/hide.
6. Improved Multidock on/off (flickers a lot less).
7. Improved full screen mode. Flickers less. Works exactly like Internet Explorer full screen mode. BitBridge windows are now visible, as are all other open applications & windows task bar (but only if you want it to be). Added setting to determine whether the Sonar window title bar is hidden or not in full screen mode (so you can still see the name of the open project, and whether there are unsaved changes or not).
8. Full multi monitor support.
9. Added startup Sonar version check. Gives warning if Helper is not designed to work with current Sonar X1 version.
10. Fixed/improved adding Helper to Sonar Utilities menu, including built-in Vista/Win7 UAC support.
11. Improved bug reporting system.
12. Improved preferences window layout.
13. Added combined Console View narrow/widen strips button. Opens CV if not already open.
14. Added button to open Sonar X1 PDF documentation.

More to come...
post edited by benstat - 2011/01/21 19:01:54

Keni
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/21 19:54:37 (permalink)
Hi Ben...

Nice list... You really have been busy! ;-)

I look forward to the release whenever you feel ready. More important that it's already here and working for so many... and now with more cleanup and features... Soon (???) this will be a full blown application... Maybe work a deal with Cakewalk to bundle it with Sonar???

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
roomservice
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/22 09:16:28 (permalink)
Hi Ben

this is an invaluable service you are providing - judging by the responses above I certainly agree a deal with CW to bundle this would be a way to go.

I'm looking forward to the next update and, as I'm an old midlands boy from robin hood territory, perhaps i can sort some beer vouchers out for you :-)

thanks again from a newb dipping his toes in the water

Sometimes I amaze myself I even made it through puberty.....
ptheisen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/22 22:19:29 (permalink)
Hi Ben,

I think it is incredible what you are doing, and I don't even have X1 yet. If I did, I'm sure I'd use X1 Helper.

Do you think it is possible to add things like the transport, loop and punch buttons (maybe even displays) to X1 Helper, which would make it much like the main toolbar in 8.5.3?

The reason I ask is that if all of that functionality could be optionally added to X1 Helper, then it would essentially duplicate the X1 control bar. This would allow a person to float one or the other to a second monitor along with the console view, giving you those same functions on both monitors.

I currently do the equivalent in 8.5.3 with the main toolbar on one monitor and the large transport view and console view floated to the second monitor so that I can stay focused on one monitor whether I'm working in track view or console view. Maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I find it very convenient. I hope I have explained this clearly enough. Let me know if i didn't. 
(Corrected references to TV toolbar to say main toolbar)
post edited by ptheisen - 2011/01/22 23:55:47
Etostone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 202
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (14th January) 2011/01/22 22:56:14 (permalink)
Great work well done my friend , that will help a lot of new people using sonar. 

Etostone Music Producer/Mastering Engineer/Label Owner

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Mastering Site
- Visit my Label Site

benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 04:58:41 (permalink)
ptheisen

Hi Ben,

I think it is incredible what you are doing, and I don't even have X1 yet. If I did, I'm sure I'd use X1 Helper.

Do you think it is possible to add things like the transport, loop and punch buttons (maybe even displays) to X1 Helper, which would make it much like the main toolbar in 8.5.3?

The reason I ask is that if all of that functionality could be optionally added to X1 Helper, then it would essentially duplicate the X1 control bar. This would allow a person to float one or the other to a second monitor along with the console view, giving you those same functions on both monitors.

I currently do the equivalent in 8.5.3 with the main toolbar on one monitor and the large transport view and console view floated to the second monitor so that I can stay focused on one monitor whether I'm working in track view or console view. Maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I find it very convenient. I hope I have explained this clearly enough. Let me know if i didn't. 
(Corrected references to TV toolbar to say main toolbar)

Yes, I can add some/all of those buttons, but I'm just finishing off the first version at the moment so it won't be for a while I'm afraid.

ptheisen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 12:48:47 (permalink)
Ben,

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I don't have X1 yet, so I'm in no hurry. And who knows, if X1b adds a main toolbar, it may not even be necessary.

But if X1b doesn't address this, I think it would be great if X1 Helper did, assuming there is suffcient demand for it.  Would anyone else like to see transport, loop and punch functionality in X1 Helper?
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 13:40:09 (permalink)
I read a post from Seth saying that X1b probably isn't going to have different snap values for the Track View and PRV, which I know a lot of people are waiting for.

Good news! With a little nudge in the right direction from Seth, I'm almost certain I'll be able to add it in the next version of Helper. I reserve the right to retract the previous statement if I hit a dead end, but so far it is looking very promising indeed.

It was great that Seth was prepared to discuss it with me in the first place, for which I am very grateful.

mmarton
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 666
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 16:41:02 (permalink)
Will it have a "write hit song" button?  Just curious.  Awesome work, Benstat.  Thanks so much again.

Happy Sonar Platinum 64 bit Registered Owner
Epi Casino, Les Paul, Strat, Martin GPCPA3, Cort C4Z bass, Roland D20 Synth, TC Konnekt48, Sansamp BDDI, Roland JDXI, APS Klasiks, Windows 10 64bit
benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 16:43:35 (permalink)
mmarton

Will it have a "write hit song" button?  Just curious.  Awesome work, Benstat.  Thanks so much again.

Sorry, I'm keeping that button to myself.

Kado
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 17:01:43 (permalink)
Thanx a million for this app; it's incredible
Keni
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 21:17:11 (permalink)
benstat

I read a post from Seth saying that X1b probably isn't going to have different snap values for the Track View and PRV, which I know a lot of people are waiting for.

Good news! With a little nudge in the right direction from Seth, I'm almost certain I'll be able to add it in the next version of Helper. I reserve the right to retract the previous statement if I hit a dead end, but so far it is looking very promising indeed.

It was great that Seth was prepared to discuss it with me in the first place, for which I am very grateful.

Wow! That's the best news I've heard in a long time! I sure hope it works, but even if it doesn't my sincere thanks to both You and Seth...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/23 21:20:06 (permalink)
Hi Ben...

I just ran into an issue I thought you might want to hear about...

I installed Helper on a Vista64 machine running X1 Essentials... It opens ok, but I ran into an issue right off the bat...

It won't open the Helper preferences...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/24 04:27:56 (permalink)
Keni

Hi Ben...

I installed Helper on a Vista64 machine running X1 Essentials... It opens ok, but I ran into an issue right off the bat...

Keni

Hi Keni,
That's a strange one. Does it happen every time you open Essential and then run Helper? Even after a reboot?
Can anyone else with Essential verify whether or not the Helper Preferences window is working for them?
Thanks for the report Keni.
Ben

DeeS
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 228
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/24 07:15:40 (permalink)
Just out of curiosity Benstat, what program language are you using to write Helper?
If this has been asked and answered already, my apologies.

Vista Business x64 Service pack 2 - Intel Xeon X5472 @ 3.0 GHz processors (2) Quad Core - 8.0 GB ram  -  Creative SB X-Fi  -  Nvidia Quadro 5600  -  Sonar 8.5 & X1a Producer
The problem with perfection is that it has no limits. Normally, once you obtain perfection, you realize how it could be better. David Gibson - The Art of Mixing
Keni
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/24 09:40:03 (permalink)
benstat

Keni

Hi Ben...

Keni

Hi Keni,
That's a strange one. Does it happen every time you open Essential and then run Helper? Even after a reboot?
Can anyone else with Essential verify whether or not the Helper Preferences window is working for them?
Thanks for the report Keni.
Ben

Hi Ben...

Yes, it happened every time including after re-boot... I'm sorry I don't have a lot of info, but I'm still trying to get that machine recording. I finally got it to do so, but it won't stay in record and I believe it's due to something that's keeping her single drive non-stop active... I have yet to find it tho I'm suspecting indexing or some such... I don't get a lot of access to this machine yet... I'll be back on it later this week but I've got some remote sessions for a few days...

I'll give you more info asap...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

benstat
Re:Sonar X1 Helper Beta 3 Released (New Update Released 16th January) 2011/01/24 12:33:11 (permalink)
DeeS

Just out of curiosity Benstat, what program language are you using to write Helper?
If this has been asked and answered already, my apologies.

A combination of C# for the toolbar UI, and C++ for some of the lower level Win32 stuff. All done in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1