Helpful ReplyLockedCakewalk Announcement

Page: << < ..56575859 > Showing page 58 of 59
Author
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/12 23:03:44 (permalink)
Funny when things go wrong there is almost always nothing or nobody to point to for being "responsible".. Or maybe it's right in front of our noses but it's too politically sensitive. Not that it ultimately matters in the end... for Sonar. I hope other DAW companies make Sonar a case study on what not to do.
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/12 23:15:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/01/29 08:54:35
Grem
I was finding that towards the end of Sonar development, the older, longer, and more complicated a project got, the more weird things went wrong. And went wrong that could not be fixed. No work around. Project was either scrapped, or started over again.

This was absolutely my experience as well, and I too had to scrap and reconstruct numerous projects that had become too problematic.

Noel earlier said that this absolutely wasn't the case and that my problems were caused by plugins, but the weirdness I experienced had nothing to do with plugins. Crashes and hangs weren't the problem (although I certainly have my fair share of those) - it was always stuff to do with Sonar itself. Things like MIDI ending up in places it wasn't supposed to reach, automation acting weirdly (or sometimes disappearing for no reason), editing functions behaving strangely etc. The problem I have with plugins not saving their settings only happens in projects after I've worked on them for some time. Sometimes I will attempt to automate a plugin that I have in a ProChannel FX chain and I'll click on the edit filter to find that the plugins aren't even showing in it. And I also end up with phantom nodes in weird places like 5 minutes after the end of the song, which means "fit project to screen" will include 5 minutes of blank space at the end. And I cannot find these nodes anywhere to delete them. It gets to the point where working on such projects is such a PITA that I can't face them. I have numerous huge projects that I've been fiddling with on and off for years and am nowhere near completing them because I can only stand 10-15 minutes of dealing with the weirdness before I get sick of it.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/12 23:18:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/01/29 08:54:57
Earwax
iRelevant
Software is immortal. It's only users, programmers, management and owners that die. Sonar will "live" forever.

I'm surprised how hard some people here are on Gibson, when gratefulness would be more appropriate. 
It's thanks to Gibson, which at a financial loss; have provided us with the latest version of Sonar. A great work of art.

It seems there is truth in the old saying : "Ungratefulness is the salary of the world". 

Bingo!! Nice to see someone (besides Craig Anderton) view Gibson's place in this with a clear head.

I'm just trying to be objective. I do think Gibson could have handled it better in terms of getting the word out, and I would be surprised if in retrospect, people at Gibson itself didn't agree. But if it hadn't been for Gibson, it's almost certain that Cakewalk would not have had four additional years to try and get it right.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/12 23:20:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/01/13 02:05:13
sharke
And I also end up with phantom nodes in weird places like 5 minutes after the end of the song, which means "fit project to screen" will include 5 minutes of blank space at the end. And I cannot find these nodes anywhere to delete them. 

FWIW I haven't experienced this problem since using Ripple Editing to delete everything past the end of the project.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/12 23:40:49 (permalink)
Yes a lot of people from Gibson could have handled it a lot better. Of course I'm just trying to be objective...
sharke
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 01:58:44 (permalink)
Anderton
sharke
And I also end up with phantom nodes in weird places like 5 minutes after the end of the song, which means "fit project to screen" will include 5 minutes of blank space at the end. And I cannot find these nodes anywhere to delete them. 

FWIW I haven't experienced this problem since using Ripple Editing to delete everything past the end of the project.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that!

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 02:42:24 (permalink)
sharke
Grem
I was finding that towards the end of Sonar development, the older, longer, and more complicated a project got, the more weird things went wrong. And went wrong that could not be fixed. No work around. Project was either scrapped, or started over again.

This was absolutely my experience as well, and I too had to scrap and reconstruct numerous projects that had become too problematic.

Noel earlier said that this absolutely wasn't the case and that my problems were caused by plugins, but the weirdness I experienced had nothing to do with plugins. Crashes and hangs weren't the problem (although I certainly have my fair share of those) - it was always stuff to do with Sonar itself. Things like MIDI ending up in places it wasn't supposed to reach, automation acting weirdly (or sometimes disappearing for no reason), editing functions behaving strangely etc. The problem I have with plugins not saving their settings only happens in projects after I've worked on them for some time. Sometimes I will attempt to automate a plugin that I have in a ProChannel FX chain and I'll click on the edit filter to find that the plugins aren't even showing in it. And I also end up with phantom nodes in weird places like 5 minutes after the end of the song, which means "fit project to screen" will include 5 minutes of blank space at the end. And I cannot find these nodes anywhere to delete them. It gets to the point where working on such projects is such a PITA that I can't face them. I have numerous huge projects that I've been fiddling with on and off for years and am nowhere near completing them because I can only stand 10-15 minutes of dealing with the weirdness before I get sick of it.

For what it's worth, weird things were happening to my Reaper projects, toward the end, just like you had in Sonar. It would kick back to the beginning every time I copied something. Also there were other things, some of which cost me days to fix. 

Still, Reaper is a fine program. It may be that these problems only happen with long projects (over 5 minutes), but all my projects are long. I'm working faster now that I'm back in Sonar. Takeaway? All programs have bugs and weirdness. The hit or miss nature of some of them may be due to an unusual workflow, idiosyncratic ways of doing things that the developers did not anticipate. 

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

CakeAlexSHere
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 03:11:33 (permalink)
michael diemer

For what it's worth, weird things were happening to my Reaper projects, toward the end, just like you had in Sonar. It would kick back to the beginning every time I copied something. Also there were other things, some of which cost me days to fix. 

Still, Reaper is a fine program. It may be that these problems only happen with long projects (over 5 minutes), but all my projects are long. I'm working faster now that I'm back in Sonar. Takeaway? All programs have bugs and weirdness. The hit or miss nature of some of them may be due to an unusual workflow, idiosyncratic ways of doing things that the developers did not anticipate. 

^^ These sort of statements are exactly what make Sonar what it is today... the DAW Sonar fans deserve, accepting everything coming to them.

I have Studio One now and luckly I don't have to worry much about these sort of bugs any more. If they do happen (because as many say over and over again like a parrot in these forums that all software has bugs in a bid to make it acceptable over and over and over again for years and years like repeating passages from religious texts) I have no doubt whatsoever the bugs will be fixed in S1 far faster than when Sonar was in development. Regardless no bugs will be fixed in Sonar now as it's not in development. Bye for now.
EnriqueLab
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 04:18:58 (permalink)
Paso por mi cabeza algo realmente enfermo... ¿y si google adquiriera Sonar?

Something really sick is going through my head ... what if Google acquired Sonar?
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 04:51:25 (permalink)
sharke
Bob4u
When GIBSON bought CAKEWALK I thought "very well, now they are under strong arms and Gibson will make Sonar greater than ever.
Now I see.
I swear: I will not buy a GIBSON product anymore.
= Bob Axx =

Give it a few days. Like most of the rest of us, you'll eventually calm down and concede that it wasn't Gibson's fault. There may be many good reasons not to buy a Gibson guitar, but Cakewalk going out of business isn't one of them.

I couldn't think of any good reasons and bought a new Les Paul Traditional the week of Christmas. Ice Tea in color and the best made LP of the 4 I have owned in my lifetime. I'm recording it on both Sonar and Studio One. Life and music live on.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
sharke
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 05:41:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/01/29 08:56:02
EnriqueLab
Paso por mi cabeza algo realmente enfermo... ¿y si google adquiriera Sonar?

Something really sick is going through my head ... what if Google acquired Sonar?

Go and wash your mouth out!

James
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 17:47:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2018/01/15 06:46:04
CakeAlexSHere
michael diemer

^^ These sort of statements are exactly what make Sonar what it is today... the DAW Sonar fans deserve, accepting everything coming to them.

Repeat after me: t-r-a-d-e-o-f-f.

Intelligent people - and trust me, you are not the only one on the planet - weigh pros and cons, and decide whether the pros outweigh the cons. Some people will accept bugs in a program if that program does exactly what they need in other respects.

It would be equally idiotic to say Studio One fans deserve the limitations of Studio One (no upsampling, no mix recall, no DSD import/export, no DX support, no staff view, no ripple editing, no track icons, no MIDI event list, no Quick Grouping, no sysex storage, etc.) because they like its speed.

Bye for now.

You won't be missed.

CoteRotie
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 18:23:39 (permalink)
If you want to blame Gibson you can blame them for poor management, buying companies without a solid business plan to bring them to profitability, or possibly lack of ability to execute on whatever plan they did have.

Wait, wait, what key is it in? 

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM
ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
3 cats 1 crazydog
Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
Win 10  
SONAR Platinum 64 bit 
marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 18:41:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/01/29 08:56:43
Anderton
CakeAlexSHere
michael diemer

Repeat after me: t-r-a-d-e-o-f-f.

Intelligent people - and trust me, you are not the only one on the planet - weigh pros and cons, and decide whether the pros outweigh the cons. Some people will accept bugs in a program if that program does exactly what they need in other respects.

It would be equally idiotic to say Studio One fans deserve the limitations of Studio One (no upsampling, no mix recall, no DSD import/export, no DX support, no staff view, no ripple editing, no track icons, no MIDI event list, no Quick Grouping, no sysex storage, etc.) because they like its speed.

Bye for now.

You won't be missed.

Mr. Anderton, you are absolutely one of the best columnists on this forum. I really enjoy comments like above, respect! You have not only musical savvy, but you also understand a lot of life and people.

ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 18:43:03 (permalink)
The more time I spend on other DAW's the more I realize that whatever its faults may have been, Sonar was well ahead of the pack in many ways. I used to think Sonar needed work on its meter systems and never could figure out why they never changed anything. I've come to realize that Sonar has more tweaks for its meters than all the other DAW's combined. No wonder my feature requests were never answered.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:24:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/01/29 08:58:04
michael diemer

CakeAlexSHere

Anderton
Repeat after me: t-r-a-d-e-o-f-f.

Intelligent people - and trust me, you are not the only one on the planet - weigh pros and cons, and decide whether the pros outweigh the cons. Some people will accept bugs in a program if that program does exactly what they need in other respects.

It would be equally idiotic to say Studio One fans deserve the limitations of Studio One (no upsampling, no mix recall, no DSD import/export, no DX support, no staff view, no ripple editing, no track icons, no MIDI event list, no Quick Grouping, no sysex storage, etc.) because they like its speed.

Bye for now.

Anderton
You won't be missed.

I'm back as I've just been Andertoned once again.

Everybody can clearly see he edited my quote about bugs, and twisted it to compare it with "features" or "speed". He concludes with usual massive generalisation that bugs are acceptable because "trade off". Here's the stuff he edited so he could bring it out of context to make his point.

CakeAlexSHere
I have Studio One now and luckly I don't have to worry much about these sort of bugs any more. If they do happen (because as many say over and over again like a parrot in these forums that all software has bugs in a bid to make it acceptable over and over and over again for years and years like repeating passages from religious texts) I have no doubt whatsoever the bugs will be fixed in S1 far faster than when Sonar was in development. Regardless no bugs will be fixed in Sonar now as it's not in development. Bye for now.

He will then wait for the fan base to come in and back him up and tell him how great and right he is (as has already happened), and then wait for others to say how terrible the person who is disagreeing with him. Observe none of these sort people will be interested in any topic discussion... Just Craig good.. everybody who disagrees bad... He knows this happens only too well, it's these sort of standard tactics he employed for years that was partly responsible for running down Cakewalk imho. Anybody who disagreed with him he called a troll starting a witch hunt where he would start deleting peoples posts and banning people because they did not agree with him. Those who agreed with him or said nasty comments to those he disagreed with were left alone to edit quotes to make it look like something else, and shout insults at the proclaimed troll. People got put off, moved to other DAWs or just never adopted Sonar, and people here just got older and older.

Craig pretty much ALWAYS turned up here whenever ANY CRITICISM happened, with the purpose to stamp it out and bury it, and thus the status quo remained year after year as he beat up people with something to say into the ground whilst his followers worshipped him. Now he's here to pretend he was just a mere end user again and wash his hands of any responsibility. You worked for GIBSON Criag man up and take some responsibility.

Back to topic then... Actually NO Craig, no trade off - I do not want buggy projects that stop working AT ALL. That does not happen with Studio ONE - No amount of "shiny" features will make me think any different. I want my DAW to be as solid as a rock as do a lot of people.... that's another reason why me and a lot of people have moved on, and right now I do have a DAW that is just that, I just hope you don't come in and mess it all up another place that's surviving quite happily without your greatness.

Bye again for the moment... and I certainly won't miss you Craig. Unlike you I don't care either way if I'm missed or not, it's NOT all about me... I'm not a self publicist and I've got nothing to peddle. That's it I've said it now, I tried to avoid it as it probably won't do any good, but it feels good to get it off my chest. Anyway here now follows the usual messages of love to me from your fansbase as per usual right?? :)

That's my angry finished with, back to my DAW.
Kamm Schreiner
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:35:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jackson white 2018/01/15 19:10:21
ampfixer
The more time I spend on other DAW's the more I realize that whatever its faults may have been, Sonar was well ahead of the pack in many ways.

That's my experience too. I just recently (after the announcement) tried Studio One, Cubase, Digital Performer, Ableton, and Reaper. Some were pretty darn nice but just not 'as' nice as Sonar and some I was able to cross off the list almost immediately for glaring deficiencies. For me the ability to handle external midi equipment well is mandatory and that is a common deficiency in many of the newer DAWS - probably because newer buyers don't use external midi equipment very much.

Probably the biggest advantage that Sonar has to the other DAWs for me is that its user interface is just, well, great. The Control Bar (I think that's the right name) is just brilliant. That is not the only part that is brilliant, but it makes accessing all the commonly used features of the program so easy even when screen real estate is limited. The UI also looks polished - like you would expect Apple products to look. Some of the other DAWs I tried looked like toys in comparison. As Apple knows, looks do matter. For them it is form over function. Sonar has both.

Whoever did the UI development I tilt my hat to. Great work whoever you are.
CakeAlexSHere
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:36:37 (permalink)
Kamm Schreiner
Whoever did the UI development I tilt my hat to. Great work whoever you are.

^^ That I totally agree with BTW.
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:40:06 (permalink)
Kamm Schreiner
ampfixer
The more time I spend on other DAW's the more I realize that whatever its faults may have been, Sonar was well ahead of the pack in many ways.

That's my experience too. I just recently (after the announcement) tried Studio One, Cubase, Digital Performer, Ableton, and Reaper. Some were pretty darn nice but just not 'as' nice as Sonar and some I was able to cross off the list almost immediately for glaring deficiencies.

Same here. for the way I work. Sonar fits my needs very well.
Im in the process of learning a new DAW but im still starting and currently working using Sonar
and I couldn't be happier. A lot has to do with familiarity but tasks just seem easier in Sonar than in other DAWs.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

sharke
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:43:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gothic.angel 2018/01/16 18:39:54
Well, do you know what REALLY boils my pish? 

After the NIGHTMARE of having to deal with the fact that Sonar frequently fails to save my Waves Q10 EQ settings with the project, I invested in Fabfilter's Pro-Q 2 on the basis that it would be the ideal replacement for my transparent/surgical EQ needs. 

Well g-g-g-g-guess what? SONAR IS FLATLINING ITS SETTINGS AS WELL. Yup, I'm opening projects to find Pro-Q's reset to the factory default instead of the tasty curves I'd spend hours perfecting the previous night. 

So let's review. First, my go-to was the Quadcurve EQ. I'd open projects to find it either flatlined or with random 16dB boosts in the same place on every instance in the project (also reported by others). So then I ditched it for the Waves Q10, a great EQ in my arsenal that I'd previously overlooked. Then Sonar started refusing to save its settings too. Replace it with a very expensive alternative only to find Sonar doing the same. 

Not that I feel like I wasted money on Pro-Q - it's an incredible plugin. I'll use it in my next DAW, which I'm presuming will include the revolutionary feature of actually being able to save my work properly. 

Sonar is a brick. 

James
sharke
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:43:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CakeAlexSHere 2018/01/13 19:50:48
Deleted duplicated post. 

I might as well use it to take one more opportunity to say DAMN YOU SONAR, DAMN YOU.....

James
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 19:47:04 (permalink)
CoteRotie
If you want to blame Gibson you can blame them for poor management, buying companies without a solid business plan to bring them to profitability, or possibly lack of ability to execute on whatever plan they did have.

Since you seem to be an expert, may I ask what business plan you propose for a rapidly changing environment where an increasing amount of DAW's on multiple platforms are given away for free, sponsored by ads or follows gear ? 
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 20:24:50 (permalink)
sharke

So let's review. First, my go-to was the Quadcurve EQ. I'd open projects to find it either flatlined or with random 16dB boosts in the same place on every instance in the project (also reported by others). So then I ditched it for the Waves Q10, a great EQ in my arsenal that I'd previously overlooked. Then Sonar started refusing to save its settings too. Replace it with a very expensive alternative only to find Sonar doing the same. 

That's really awful! If that happens repeatedly to you Sharke it's a good idea to move to something that doesn't do something so fundamentally WRONG

jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 20:56:03 (permalink)
sharke
Well, do you know what REALLY boils my pish? 

After the NIGHTMARE of having to deal with the fact that Sonar frequently fails to save my Waves Q10 EQ settings with the project, I invested in Fabfilter's Pro-Q 2 on the basis that it would be the ideal replacement for my transparent/surgical EQ needs. 

Well g-g-g-g-guess what? SONAR IS FLATLINING ITS SETTINGS AS WELL. Yup, I'm opening projects to find Pro-Q's reset to the factory default instead of the tasty curves I'd spend hours perfecting the previous night. 

Not that I feel like I wasted money on Pro-Q - it's an incredible plugin. I'll use it in my next DAW, which I'm presuming will include the revolutionary feature of actually being able to save my work properly. 

Sonar is a brick. 

Are you using VST3 versions? I had a problem like this with DMGAUDIO Equilibrium, a few years ago. That got fixed, but it wasn't all SONAR'S fault - it had to do with VST3 implementation.
Anyway - the VST2 version was fine.

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
michael diemer
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 21:33:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CakeAlexSHere 2018/01/13 21:58:46
Craig doesn't need to be defended. He can handle himself just fine. BTW Alex, don't let the vultures get you as you ride off into the sunset. Oh, wait, you are a vulture...

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

CakeAlexSHere
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 22:03:20 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
Anyway here now follows the usual messages of love to me from your fansbase as per usual right?? :)

michael diemer
Craig doesn't need to be defended. He can handle himself just fine. BTW Alex, don't let the vultures get you as you ride off into the sunset. Oh, wait, you are a vulture...

^ Bang on schedule!! :)
At least you aren't editing my quotes to make it look like something else as is the norm!

CakeAlexS
Observe none of these sort people will be interested in any topic discussion... Just Craig good.. everybody who disagrees bad...

marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 22:31:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby listen 2018/01/13 23:53:13
BTW I like this forum very much, but it is poisoned by some mournful creatures who do not like Sonar at all. Why do they not just switch to another DAW and let us Sonar lovers be?
bgalvin
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 23:26:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CakeAlexSHere 2018/01/14 14:10:13
Alex, I and others agree with you. I never liked seeing Craig run people off the forum.
igiwigi
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 437
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 23:31:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AdamGrossmanLG 2018/01/14 12:07:56
CUBASE!!!!!!! Is the NOW!!!

Why should people feel sorry for Cakewalk
They all took away £500 or $600 worth of our money and another £125 or $140 In lifetime updates.
Also we had to wait six months if you wanted tech help from them.Very slow.
Not forgetting all the add ons.
It Is daylight robbery and it is just the Luvvies who feel sorry for a bunch of highway robbers.

COME ON GIBSON whoever you are and gives us the exe files to all plugins with codes "WE HAVE PAID FOR THEM"!!!
I think it is scandalous that people have to go to the likes of the company that makes Breverb and pay all over again, telling them "now it is only half price"!!
Dont worry about Cakewalk staff as they will find jobs easily in the computer world that we live in.
I feel more sorry for the low paid nurses and hospital staff in our money grabbing world.

"They all think and know that we are all BILLY MUGGINS"!!!  "WE ARE""!!!
CoteRotie
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/13 23:43:02 (permalink)
iRelevant
CoteRotie

Since you seem to be an expert, may I ask what business plan you propose for a rapidly changing environment where an increasing amount of DAW's on multiple platforms are given away for free, sponsored by ads or follows gear ? 

How is it that I seem to be an expert?   

Are you implying that it's not possible to have a business plan "for a rapidly changing environment where an increasing amount of DAW's on multiple platforms are given away for free, sponsored by ads or follows gear ? "

So they had no plan? And just hoped that it would turn around and start making money?   (My plan at that point would have been not to buy them in the first place.)

Or they did have a plan and didn't execute?  Which is it? 

We know they are $500 million in debt, so taking on a money-losing company without a plan doesn't seem to me to be a great move.  Is there a third choice in the above reasoning that I missed, not being an expert? 

Wait, wait, what key is it in? 

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM
ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
3 cats 1 crazydog
Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
Win 10  
SONAR Platinum 64 bit 
Page: << < ..56575859 > Showing page 58 of 59
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1