Helpful ReplyFeature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018]

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 26
Author
Grem
Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5562
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/29 19:34:06 (permalink)
Mwah

When opened up, it has returned to defaults.

That's not a little bug!! That's a heartbreaker there!! Send something in to support. They would want to know about this.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
Ademir
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/30 12:06:19 (permalink)
My suggestion for improvement is to urgently change the software authentication system.
Many users (including myself) are having authentication problems and the software only works in demo mode.
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 16:11:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Grem 2018/05/07 12:53:39
Here's another little item waiting for a fix...

The synth rack still doesn't remember it's floating/location status and returns to docked at right...

I prefer it floating but I'm tired of constantly re-positioning it...

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
petemus
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 16:17:43 (permalink)
Maybe the Browser search functionality could be taken a look at? I don't always understand why it doesn't find stuff that clearly can be seen as an item in the tree... I don't get the matching logic. Maybe it's just me?

-Petemus

Base 57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 16:37:05 (permalink)
Keni

The synth rack still doesn't remember it's floating/location status and returns to docked at right...

I use locked screensets. The Synth Rack always stays right where I want it.
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 16:40:35 (permalink)
Concerning the Matrix. I would like the state of each cells stored on project save and restored on reopening. 
The reason for this is : If you add a few loops to use as backing track for jamming on top, and have set the Follow Transport option to ON ... it is annoying to each time you restart the project, you have to go and click on each cell to activate them for starting to play on transport ... with experimentation and checking out of different beats, and basslines ... it's hard to remember between each session without making notes ... which cells you where actually active ... there is a actual information loss on project save without there notes. 

Maybe I'm just not aware of how to do this, if so, feel free to enlighten me anyone. 

I also think that the matrix lens should open up with the leftmost 2 track lanes open by default ... with the track lane automatically selecting the matrix track that get's a loop inserted into it (optional, but on by default).

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 17:11:22 (permalink)
Base 57
Keni

I use locked screensets. The Synth Rack always stays right where I want it.

Thanks... maybe i'll try that...

...but it still needs fixing! 馃懡

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
mickeymonster
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/01 22:54:47 (permalink)

"Bandlab can't possibly make everyone happy. More importantly, we know that for every change ("improvement") Bandlab makes to this perfectly good DAW, 1000 people are going to love it, 1000 people are going to hate it, 5000 will be indifferent, but all 10000 will be stuck with it. So why not leave it the way it is?"  

I'm happy. I paid $500.00 for them all before Bandlab bought the company. I don't want any of them changed, discontinued, or blocked. I don't care if they're no longer supported or developed further. As long as the'yre on my hard drive, they'll continue to work.

I've been reading all the improvement suggestions. If you ask 10000 people for their opinion, you're gonna get 10000 different opinions. Major compliments to you Meng for posting the thread though. Had to be done, right? Now you know. 1000 people want to take you in 1000 different directions. My guess is you probably want to start making your new acquisition profitable and not get dragged into a product development quagmire.   So To help you, Meng, make a decision that benefits the majority without alienating the minority, (and start making some money to pay your employees)...  
It seems to me the requests fall into 3 main categories.  
50% are asking for a "new feature" CBB already has. In all probability, they already have the improvement they are asking for available within the DAW right now, or at least something reasonably close. Theyjust haven't discovered how to use it. CBB may currently be free, but it's a SUPER DEEP DAW. As you know, CBB is essentially Sonar Platinum, which was built on the legacy of X3 producer, which was built on X2, X1, Producer 8, etc. all the way back to Cakewalk Pro Audio series and even further back than that. Cakewalk's method of feature development and improvement was, is and should always to continue to be ADDING new features, not removing them. It has 30 years worth of features already in it that it will take months or even years for most of us to learn. I humbly suggest not fixing something that was never broken.

20% are asking Bandlab to emulate other DAWS they like, or may have recently switched to while Cakewalk was "dead" for four months. Cakewalk is not Studio One, Cubase, Logic, Reaper, Garageband, Bitwig, or ProTools. Cakewalk is Cakewalk. If they don't like the way it works, let them use something else. The more I learn its deep functions, hot keys and tricks, the more I realize what a catastrophe it will be to cater to the requests of that 20%.They can't just download CBB, use it for less than 1000 work hours and expect the rest of us to change our entire work flow to accommodate them.

That leaves the 10 %. The wise. We know Bandlab can't possibly make everyone happy. More importantly, we know that for every change ("improvement") Bandlab makes to this perfectly good DAW, 1000 people are going to love it, 1000 people are going to hate it, 5000 will be indifferent, but all 10000 will be stuck with it.   

Meng. Don't change anything yet. Keep it free. Think in terms of upgrades, not updates.  

An idea: Why not use Bandlab assistant like Gibson used Command Center, but instead of monthly free updates and paid DAW subscription, reverse it. Let the current version remain free and sell new features as upgrades as you develop them quarterly. Don't force it on everyone to please the minority. If they want the DAW changed, make them pay for it.   For example, lets start with an easy one. There are 2000 people who want to keep working with Dimension Pro and Rapture. They want to use it with sound center soft synth and have suggested improving the piano roll or matrix view or whatever but are willing to pay because they'll get more sounds and a new piano roll and matrix view. Bandlab has decided there were enough requests; they've chosen to develop it as an ADD ON upgrade. It's a simple download. In Sepember of this year they can purchase it for $99.00 through bandlab assistant or command center and the other 8000 users wont be affected.   Now a harder one. 1000 people asked for Surround sound or video integration improvement and want a native control surface, but like their current cakewalk software just fine. In Jan 2018 they'll be able to purchase a new hardware from Bandlab in partnership with Roland that comes with a software upgrade enabling 5.1 surround export audio and some Bluedio 12 driver headphones for $999.  
Meng, please consider re-partnering with some hardware companies that supported Cakewalk before, like Roland, Behringer, and Nektar and reassure them you're not going to be constantly changing the architecture of the DAW so they regain confidence and invest time and capital to integrate CBB into their future product development. I have a design for a control surface I would love to share with you, but I can't redesign it for every change you make to the platform and neither can Roland, Behringer, or Nektar.   Study how Roland did it in the 2000s. Paid upgrades, not free monthly updates and forced subscriptions. That's how you, Meng, in my opinion, should go forward. Any future features should be sold for a reasonable cost to those who want them bad enough to pay for them...    But for the near future, save yourself the headache and leave the DAW alone for at least the rest of 2018.   Your biggest fan, Mickey Monster  

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum, Kontakt player 5, Dimension Pro, Rapture Session, Addictive Drums 2, HP pavilion intel quad core 16 GB 3.2 Mhz touchscreen notebook, Windows 10 home edition, QWERTY keypad Fender Squire P bass, Gibson Epiphone  SG, Behringer UCA222, V-Amp 3, Sampson G-track USB condenser mic No interface, no control surface, no midi keyboard controllers, no monitors, no other DAW software, no regrets
Musicers
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/05 09:39:13 (permalink)

Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix inside Cakewalk,so I can do video screen captures with Cakewalk.

I can't do live Audio and Video captures of Cakewalk in Corel Video Capture (included in Corel Videostudio Ultimate 2018).  They don't support ASIO drivers, and all of the other options driver options inc MME and WDM cause clicks and other bad behavior.  They don't know that Musicians that use YouTube would like to do live video movie screen captures.  They haven't updated their free capture program "Corel Screen Cap X8) for many years.  I have to do video picture only without sound, and then export sound out of Sonar.  Next I have to open Corel Video Studio 2018 and import the video and import the Sonar audio to join them together.  Can you contact them to tell them the problem.  (Maybe, you could also encourage them to support VST plugins, like Vegas Pro video editing program can do.   It would be a great new feature Corel could advertise as a new feature in Videostudio... ASIO VST support!  If they won't do it, can you make a work around.  I use fancy plugins and VSTi instruments including East West Hollywood Choirs, VIR Harmonic Bohemian Violin, Acoustic Samples B5 v2, Spectrasonics Keyscape nTRillian, Native Instruments Session Horns Pro and Una Corda piano and Line 6 Helix among others.  These are very demanding.  This is a video I posted on Youtube that I had to use that workaround. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t2wF-sprQ   I want to redo it with a live window of me playing the guitar, which will be even more demanding.
   It would be very powerful for Cakewalk to be able to do this, without a third party program.
oeai
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/05 14:23:48 (permalink)
i see that drum replacer is given as long as SI, but the cool sound i got from Z3ta+ - 6 osc is good.
I got vacuum with 4 and hybrid with 6 just for 1$ and zeta came to me with Sonar Pro, it's v1,5 and UI is pretty much outdated. Well if you also plan to make it free sometimes, then maybe you can update old version or at least patch it with HD interface for bigger resolution, plus it has problems with patch savings and crashes inside cakewalk. For example i'm disabling arp -> saving project, but next time it's with arp enabled again.
Why doing this?
Every daw got bundled instruments and now it's more like samplers, z3ta is a real synth - that is a must have.

As a cakewalk feature i'd suggest "interconnector" (interLink - iLink), so it can connect Z3ta to another artist with cakewalk, but if he has different DAW, then he can buy z3ta with iLink and using bandlab main site (maybe some time-license) user will be able to connect his pults, DAW or whatever hardware to Z3ta or cakewalk host. it will take some server powers to make it live, so it has to be paid, sorry or get cakewalk with p2p interconnector.

Well with this feature you can go live with many artists all together using just one host and exceptional WOW feature - rendering sound through cloud (pay per each Live hour) for a complex stage performance.
So this means you got to have astonishing server side and cakewalk client code.
post edited by oeai - 2018/05/06 19:31:57
LJB
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1502
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/05 16:00:00 (permalink)
Imagine a semi-transparent HORIZONTAL Aim Assist that pops up when you click on Automation to help with aligning stuff like thresholds etc. I would use that all the time on automating things like gates on live mixes.

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

iRelevant
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/05 16:51:00 (permalink)
I would like to see 32-bit DX\DXi plug-ins supported in CbB. Also support for 32-bit ReWire.

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
JoseC.
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/06 00:22:19 (permalink)
Hangdog Cat

4. MIDI loop preview: It's currently possible to audition audio loops (Acid etc) in real time while the project is playing. One simply browses to the loops and clicks them one at a time to audition them. They then play in tune with the project (assuming one has specified the project key correctly), and at project tempo. I would like to see something similar for MIDI loops. I want to be able to click a MIDI loop and have it sound via the synth (internal or external) of my choice, to hear what it sounds like in the context of my project. I do NOT want to have to load each loop onto the timeline to hear it. I understand that getting the MIDI loops to be in the correct key may be impossible in a preview, but it would be awesome if that were possible. Otherwise, just the ability to click a MIDI loop and hear it play immediately (in project key or not) would be a huge time saver.

You must be doing something wrong, because midi loop preview in the browser works exactly as you want it. You just click the loop and it sounds through any selected midi track. It does not follow project key, though, just tempo.
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/06 15:31:53 (permalink)
1,2,3,4) Arranger Track function just like Studio One Pro.
I never imagined how useful this would be until I started using it. Now it's become vital to how I work.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Studioguy1
  • Total Posts : 244
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 02:35:03 (permalink)
I would like to see the piano roll improved similar to the way FL Studio had it in version 10.  (They screwed it up in versions 11 and 12 by basically overkilling it).  Use version 10 for a few days and you will see what I mean.  Basically, the function of writing in the piano roll needs improvement.  The drum maps and the rest of the stuff are excellent.
Thank you for the opportunity to express some thoughts.  By the way anything you do with Pro-Channel would be great.  Love that thing.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
- 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
Blue Clown Records Ltd
Blue Clown Publishing BMI
Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
Rick Plester
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 07:18:43 (permalink)
SAFE MODE-- Could we please have a list of plugins and a check mark for each one to select in a screen instead of them loading manually one at a time? :)

TY
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 08:04:17 (permalink)
Rick Plester
SAFE MODE-- Could we please have a list of plugins and a check mark for each one to select in a screen instead of them loading manually one at a time? :)

TY

Good idea.

I know this has been suggested before but please, nested folders in both Track & Console Views

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Studioguy1
  • Total Posts : 244
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 17:31:52 (permalink)
I would like to see some work done on an integral score-writer.  Perhaps even porting in an existing one to work within Cakewalk.  That would work for me.  Though I do use existing programs, it would just be great to have it directly accessible through the DAW itself.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
- 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
Blue Clown Records Ltd
Blue Clown Publishing BMI
Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
StevenMikel
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 319
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 19:11:41 (permalink)
The ability to feed multiple soft synths from a single midi track,for a layered sound. Cubase does this with "midi sends",there is a video about this on YouTube.

I wonder if this can be done with patch points. We have patch points for audio,what about patch points for midi ?
MarianoGF
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 21:04:14 (permalink)
I'll recalculate three of my request in one, to be more clear:

A) Please, add the possibility to modify the selection just taking it by its extremes.
B) Also, add a display for "Selection Lenght" (in addition to the existing "Select from" and "Select Thru").

C) Synchronize their time formats with the "Current now time" format, so every time we change it, change them too.
D) It would be useful to move the existing "set loop points to selection" and "set punch points to selection" buttons to the side of this "Selection" displays.
E) Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

PD: Earlier in this thread I proposed to synchronize the "Ruller" time format with the time "Track Pane Header" format, but I regret. It's more useful tu keep them independent of everything, to have more time format views on the same project.

Thanks Cakewalk for asking the users.
joakes
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/07 21:31:28 (permalink)
I鈥檇 like to see a resume feature in Bandlab Assistant.

Its really frustrating when your internet cuts out then BA restarts downloading again.

Jerry

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
Grem
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/08 04:04:16 (permalink)
MarianoGF

E) Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

I disagree here. One of the very unique features of CW is it's ability to have different loop selection and punch-in record selection. When I was searching for a new DAW I found it really unbelievable that no other DAW had this feature. It is a feature and one of the reasons I was so thankful that CW was brought back to life. 

Example: You use the loop selection to start two measures before and after the solo section. Punch in Record starts right on and through the solo section. This allows you to play into the solo and through the solo. Great feature not found anywhere else!!

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
MarianoGF
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/08 04:25:55 (permalink)
Grem
MarianoGF

E)聽Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

I disagree here. One of the very unique features of CW is it's ability to have different loop selection and punch-in record selection. When I was searching for a new DAW I found it really unbelievable that no other DAW had this feature. It is a feature and one of the reasons I was so thankful that CW was brought back to life.聽

Example: You use the loop selection to start two measures before and after the solo section. Punch in Record starts right on and through the solo section. This allows you to play into the solo and through the solo. Great feature not found anywhere else!!

Grem, I agree with you, In fact I've used that tool the same way as you. Are needed two different regions to do that (loop and punch), but not two more time displays than select. I'm not asking to have just one region, but just one region time display which serves for everything. Example: you select a regi贸n and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another regi贸n inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.
Daibhidh
  • Total Posts : 204
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/08 07:35:22 (permalink)
I have a new suggestion, not for Cakewalk the program,
but to help bring people over to the DAW.

A wikia site for how to use Cakewalk by Bandlab with gifs like MarianoGF makes.
Why this? Because most people are too lazy to read text or even watch long videos.

Also this makes learning Cakewalk international, so non-English speakers can easily learn it,
because everybody can watch a gif.

Imagine someone wanted to learn how to do a specific task in Cakewalk,
and there was a wikia site where you could type 'automation'.
And find a page with gifs of all the different ways of doing it.

A wiki site where everything is hyperlinked with gifs or videos would make Cakewalk go viral,
especially because it's free too. Apart from gifs being a universal language,
most people are A.D.D. so this would reach the largest possible audience.

Of course for more complicated processes you could explain it in a short video,
but most tasks in Cakewalk could be visually explained with a gif.

The only issue is whether you wanted to do it in-house or just let the users create it themselves.
If MarianoGF could tell us how he makes his gifs, various users could make their own
to demonstrate their favourite features in Cakewalk, then they just need a wikia site to upload them too.

What do you think?

Grem
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/08 13:30:31 (permalink)
MarianoGF

Example: you select a regi贸n and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another regi贸n inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.

Oh, I see now. I thought you were suggesting CW becomes like the other DAW's and have only one selection choice.

What your suggesting would be nice. A 'one-stop-and-shop' selection area. I get that now!! : )

Grem

Michael

Music PC
Home PC
Surface Pro 3
Base 57
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/08 14:24:13 (permalink)
Grem
MarianoGF

Example: you select a regi贸n and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another regi贸n inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.

Oh, I see now. I thought you were suggesting CW becomes like the other DAW's and have only one selection choice.

What your suggesting would be nice. A 'one-stop-and-shop' selection area. I get that now!! : )

You have this already.

Right click the edge of the loop module. Select "resize loop module-small". Then do the same for the Punch module.
Grem
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/09 06:44:32 (permalink)
Base 57

Right click the edge of the loop module. Select "resize loop module-small". Then do the same for the Punch module.

I have all modules on the Control Bar. Some are collapsed and open when I hover over them. I love the CB module system we have now and don't want to give it up.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
Home PC
Surface Pro 3
Wibbles
  • Total Posts : 404
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/09 10:20:14 (permalink)
iRelevant
...Also support for 32-bit ReWire.

A ReWire bridge is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVnHX320jU

or http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/rewire-32-bit-reason-to-your-64-bit-daw-windows.4533/

I have used it to rewire good old 32 bit ReBirth into SONAR 64 bit and it worked fine.
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/09 15:13:09 (permalink)
Just FYI for the above. That 32->64 bit ReWire bridge caused excessive load times for me when I was on Win7 (from like 1 second to 45 seconds). Noel made a comment that rewires are analyzed before SONAR/CbB loads, and that was my culprit for "excessive load times." Since I rarely used it, I uninstalled it; so I am not sure how it plays with Win10 or if it can be optimized to avoid that delay in loading.

More a heads up.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
J-War
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/05/09 17:23:55 (permalink)
Dear Devs, fixing the various " Take lines erratic behaviours bugs " that have plagued lots of Sonar users for a long time, should be considered as a priority task.

Those bugs send a quite unprofessionnal image to users and customers. Through times, I personaly saw many people switching to other DAWS because those erratic behaviours make us loose a lots of time during editing sessions !

- Applying crossfades manualy on clips is quite painful because of the various erratic positionning bugs.
You have to retry X times, zoom excessively and move things again numerous times to have your crossfades start and end exactly where you want...
(Because of that, editing clips enveloppes manualy is sometimes almost faster than using crossfades and way more reliable. (Although there are nodes editing bugs from time to time but well...))

- There are various copy / paste bugs that occur on the take lines. Those have been reported numerous time... From things getting pasted where you don't want to, comping mode randomly not working as expected, sound on sound mode neither...

Those are quite basic functions, you won't experience such editing bugs on Protools for examples nor on any other major DAWS.

Bandlab Sonar is a fresh start... To have us realy enjoy that new Sonar on a more professional level, i think it starts here : bugs correction on main editing functions for a stable and professionnal Sonar behavior.

Anyway, yhanks for your time and efforts.
post edited by J-War - 2018/05/09 19:37:49
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 26
Jump to:
漏 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1