Helpful ReplyNew SONAR "Braintree" Release now available

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 8 of 9
Author
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:03:22 (permalink)
Keni
Has there been any new info for people who had failed installs? Those such as Susan?

I'm still feeling unsure of attempting the update (when I do manage to download a copy)...

It currently works with the original install... I would love to checkout the repair to lane zooming as well as the hard groove rapture samples, but more often important that it continue to work! ;-)

I've been trying to keep an eye out for posts by such members, but I may have missed something?

Thanks...
Keni

Hi Keni-

My issue was sorted out Friday and my About screen shows "Status: owned" in the lower left.  IIRC, showing that status indicator is new in Braintree, which explains why you don't see it in yours. I marked that thread [Solved]: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3182057 [Edit: Fixed link] As I understand it, my case was complicated by the fact that I didn't purchase the annual membership through Cleverbridge, so there was a gap between when my monthly ended and the annual started.

I think the Cakewalk "My Account" page should show what type of membership we have, but I don't see it there. If I go to the Cleverbridge site it shows my monthly membership was cancelled, so if you bought it through CW/Cleverbridge, maybe go there and see what your status is. 

Good luck.

-Susan
post edited by Susan G - 2015/03/02 21:28:26

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:10:28 (permalink)
Susan's link does not work try this:http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3182057

Thanks.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:20:24 (permalink)
Splat
Susan's link does not work try this:http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3182057

Thanks.

I wonder why not. It doesn't work even if I take the (.) out at the end, but that's the permalink.

Anyway, thanks.

-Susan

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:24:21 (permalink)
Susan G

I wonder why not. It doesn't work even if I take the (.) out at the end, but that's the permalink.

I believe the period was removed from from the label and not the actual link. The URL still has a period at the end. Look at the URL displayed after clicking the link.
Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:27:22 (permalink)
scook
Susan G

I believe the period was removed from from the label and not the actual link. The URL still has a period at the end. Look at the URL displayed after clicking the link.

Ah, I see, okay!  It's fixed now.

Thanks-

-Susan

Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/02 21:53:17 (permalink)
Susan G
Keni
Has there been any new info for people who had failed installs? Those such as Susan?

I'm still feeling unsure of attempting the update (when I do manage to download a copy)...

It currently works with the original install... I would love to checkout the repair to lane zooming as well as the hard groove rapture samples, but more often important that it continue to work! ;-)

I've been trying to keep an eye out for posts by such members, but I may have missed something?

Thanks...
Keni

Hi Keni-

My issue was sorted out Friday and my About screen shows "Status: owned" in the lower left.  IIRC, showing that status indicator is new in Braintree, which explains why you don't see it in yours. I marked that thread [Solved]: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3182057 [Edit: Fixed link] As I understand it, my case was complicated by the fact that I didn't purchase the annual membership through Cleverbridge, so there was a gap between when my monthly ended and the annual started.

I think the Cakewalk "My Account" page should show what type of membership we have, but I don't see it there. If I go to the Cleverbridge site it shows my monthly membership was cancelled, so if you bought it through CW/Cleverbridge, maybe go there and see what your status is. 

Good luck.

-Susan

Thanks Susan...

I guess it applies to me as well, but maybe my timing might make it different?

My yearly was not bought through cleverbridge either. It was a gift purchased through sweetwater.... Afterwards, i cancelled the monthly with cleverbridge...

Could you tell me how yours was fixed so that i know what to do "just in case"?

[edit] nevermind... I just read the link you gave...[end edit]

I continue to have trouble downloading Braintree so it will likely be yet another few days before i get to try...

Thanks for the update...

Keni
post edited by Keni - 2015/03/02 21:59:18

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Gone!!
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 00:49:11 (permalink)
Keni

Thanks...
Keni

I am one, I was in Susan's thread, I changed from monthly to yearly, then upgraded and got the fatal error, which eventually went away to be replaced by "Demo Mode". Confirmed with Cleverbridge that the cancellation went through, PM'd Noel, he requested my Email address and Platinum serial number so he could pass it on, done that on Sunday I think, still in "Demo Mode"
Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 01:55:03 (permalink)
I guess we'll see what happens... Ive git a tentative appointment with someone who will let me do the downloads at his place tomorrow so i will grab what i can...

Too bad i can't do that fir AD2 as its an online install... <sigh>... Too bad i dont have a few hundred foot cat5... That would solve my dilemma... ;-)

As my subscription ran out on Saturday and i had confirmed my monthly cancellation with Cleverbridge, yet SPlat continues to work, i must be ok for the yearly already and not run into the issue running Braintree...

Btw... Has anyone triez zooming lanes in Braintree? Im excited to (hopefully) have that fixed as it's in the fixed bug list...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 11:58:55 (permalink)
Hi Susan...

In all my self-centered frustrations, i forgot to say...

Congrats on getting SPlat working paid in full!

I hope you make lots of FABulous music with it!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 15:35:27 (permalink)
Keni
Too bad i dont have a few hundred foot cat5... That would solve my dilemma... ;-)

Maybe try a wireless card in your computer?

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 19:20:30 (permalink)
Too much going on. Hard to focus. I hope my Octa-Capture works.
I wish CCC would list all the things that are in My Account. I wish they would work with third parties to include other commonly used VSTs such as IK stuff, BFD stuff, and whose ever stuff will work with them in CCC... that would be awesome. Not necessary but cool.
I know, I expect too much, just the stuff in My Account would be nice and maybe a way to scan my computer (with my permission) for VSTs and list them in CCC. Just everything in one place would be nice.

Maybe Thursday I'll have time to do more...

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
MarioD
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 19:24:12 (permalink)
jbow

My Octa-Capture worked fine after Sonar's update.
post edited by MarioD - 2015/03/03 19:30:48

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 19:26:38 (permalink)
Anderton
Keni
Too bad i dont have a few hundred foot cat5... That would solve my dilemma... ;-)

Maybe try a wireless card in your computer?

Thanks Craig...

It has one, but the router is too far away... I'm even using a repeater in between to extend the range but the location for the repeater is already too far to get a good connection... I have also trued running cat5 from the repeater... A drop better but still far from reasonable...

Today i was lucky though in one respect. I managed to download Braintree at a friends house and i keft with the help/tutorial download running. I will pick that up tomorrow or so...

I still need to download the update of your package as well as the AD2 dilemma... But i'm trying to be confident somethng will work...

I will run Braintree tonight... Here's hoping!

Thanks again!
Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/03 19:41:52 (permalink)
jbow
I wish CCC would list all the things that are in My Account. I wish they would work with third parties to include other commonly used VSTs such as IK stuff, BFD stuff, and whose ever stuff will work with them in CCC... that would be awesome. Not necessary but cool.
I know, I expect too much, just the stuff in My Account would be nice and maybe a way to scan my computer (with my permission) for VSTs and list them in CCC. Just everything in one place would be nice.

Maybe Thursday I'll have time to do more...

Hi Julien...

The octa should work just fine. Out of curiosity, do you typically run ASIO or WDM?

Yeah... Some day we'll be completely connected... With the good and bad that encompasses! ;-)

I hope the Bakers find a way to keep the full records in the online account... Access us so common everywhere it's safe for me and reachable from anywhere...as the world continues increased online life... Why not?

As to C3? I think mostly i'd lime to see the bundles broken down more into smaller modules... As well as more control of install destinations and the likes for those with the need/desire...

Heres hoping you get some play time soon...

It's raining and pouring obstacles and problems for me as well as so many right now... Many thanks to all those who find ways to help others while running their' own personal obstacle courses!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 01:53:00 (permalink)
Keni
Hi Susan...

In all my self-centered frustrations, i forgot to say...

Congrats on getting SPlat working paid in full!

I hope you make lots of FABulous music with it!

Keni

Hi Keni-

Thanks very much!

It sounds like you're making good progress. I was fortunate that my issue was short-lived.

-Susan

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 02:54:46 (permalink)
Wow!

Great install experience today...

I downloaded Braintree at my friend's house, then thumb drove it over to my DAW and into C3's downloads folder...

C3 then installed it and all is well. When i open Sonar's about windiw it shows valud to 3/2016 and owned!

Then i tried some experimentation moving the wifi repeater outside towards my kind neighbor who is letting me use his access... Ran a cat5 from the repeater into the studio DAW and managed to download and install AD2 with the quickly chosen kits and other bundles i grabbed! Amazing!

So now i went back to C3 and tried to download and install the Anderson Collection Update... Twice it got to something like 34.6% and froze spinning its wheels... So i stopped it by exiting C3 and logged into my account where from Firefox, i downloaded the collection and moved it to C3's download folder... The C3 quickly installed the collection...

In Sonar, all is well... I setup some of my basic templates for AD2 (plugin's output is very hot), opened Rapture and imported the Hargroove samples, tested loading new impulses (i managed grabbing them as well as the Dog plugin the other day)

My Control Bar remained as i had customized...

So sll is well, except.......... PC graphics issues... Yup i got 'em... Console Emulator is not dispkayed until after its been re-selected and such... Graphic images missing from the selection menu (insert module)...

I remember reading of otgers with these and solving them... I thought it was by running vst scanner, but that didnt change anything... Was i supposed to set the scanner to re-scan everything?

The only fix i quickly went to test was Lane Zoom... Better but still not what i believe we're looking for... I'll pist that issue separately as it's not related ti the install...

Many thanks to everyone's input and assistance in making this happen... Both within Cakewalk, our user forum, and my many good friends...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:11:23 (permalink)
Hi Keni-

Yay! Sounds like much progress has been made by you! All digits crossed the rest goes smoothly.

-Susan

Gone!!
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:16:41 (permalink)
I'm still in demo mode after my switch from monthly to yearly last Friday
Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:20:41 (permalink)
jih64
I'm still in demo mode after my switch from monthly to yearly last Friday

Ouch! Have you tried running the Command Center again?

-Susan

Gone!!
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:27:24 (permalink)
Yeah tried everything I can, after getting the same fatal error as you did after upgrading to Braintree and cancelling monthly and going to yearly the error went away but was replaced with demo mode, PM's sent to cake people and emailed support but nothing as yet
Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:35:57 (permalink)
Susan G
Hi Keni-

Yay! Sounds like much progress has been made by you! All digits crossed the rest goes smoothly.

-Susan

Thanks Susan!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 03:37:41 (permalink)
jih64
Yeah tried everything I can, after getting the same fatal error as you did after upgrading to Braintree and cancelling monthly and going to yearly the error went away but was replaced with demo mode, PM's sent to cake people and emailed support but nothing as yet

I would give them a call (phone)... They'll fix it fast now as they're starting to see how things are happening!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

gustabo
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2591
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 07:04:40 (permalink)
Keni
So sll is well, except.......... PC graphics issues... Yup i got 'em... Console Emulator is not dispkayed until after its been re-selected and such... Graphic images missing from the selection menu (insert module)...

I remember reading of otgers with these and solving them... I thought it was by running vst scanner, but that didnt change anything... Was i supposed to set the scanner to re-scan everything?

Reset and rescan.

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/04 11:42:01 (permalink)
gustabo
Keni

Reset and rescan.

Thanks gustabo...

I will do this today/tonight!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Gone!!
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/05 00:27:41 (permalink)
Keni
I would give them a call (phone)... They'll fix it fast now as they're starting to see how things are happening!
Keni

No need, got PM and Email back today saying everything should be good to go, just checked it out and all is fine.
Susan G
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/05 00:56:54 (permalink)
jih64
No need, got PM and Email back today saying everything should be good to go, just checked it out and all is fine.

Yay!  

-Susan

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/05 21:53:38 (permalink)
gustabo
Keni

Reset and rescan.

Thanks again gustabo...

I changed the vst scan settings to rescal all plugins, then executed the scan... That brought back the graphics and start-stop-start of the Console Emulation returns its graphics...

I'm afraid to look at my plugins just now though as im not sure how it handled scanning both 32/64 sets if plugins...

I'll look this evening for sure... Holding my breath...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/05 21:54:24 (permalink)
jih64
Keni
Keni

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Gone!!
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/06 04:47:55 (permalink)
Keni
Excellent! I'm glad to hear it!

Keni

Susan G
Yay!  

-Susan

'tis good to be up and running again
pfl
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: New SONAR "Braintree" Release now available 2015/03/06 09:13:00 (permalink)
Oops...
post edited by pfl - 2015/03/06 10:18:22
Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 8 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1