Helpful ReplyCakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
declan
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/14 21:26:43 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
pwalpwal
how will this affect steam editions?

We'll have a small FAQ and Blog post tomorrow morning.

Has this been posted?  I haven't found it.
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/14 21:42:10 (permalink)
Galeon
IMHO, SONAR should follow a marketing strategy similiar to the one used for FL Studio:
1) Artist, Professional and Platinum should be sold exclusively with lifetime updates. Do you already own a version and want the better one? Simply pay the difference in price. No more problems/misunderstandings with the payment method.
2) In the lifetime updates should be included only the bug-fixes and the core enhancements while the future plugins (like the new L-Phase Series) should be sold separately: in this way Cakewalk could offset losses caused by the lifetime memberships.
3) Speaking about plugins already included: they're too many, expecially in Platinum. TTS-1, Cyclone, Dimension LE, Dimension Pro, DropZone, PSYN II, Rapture, Rapture LE, Rapture session, rgcAudio Square, Roland GrooveSynth, RXP, Lounge Lizard Session 4 and many more. Some of them I've never opened. IMHO, the only one that should be included is Rapture Session and the others sold separately, while the only third-party VSTs included could be Addictive Drums 2, Melodyne and TH3 (or Ozone 7 elements in partnership with Izotope): in this way Cakewalk could even reduce the price of SONAR.
4) The world is full of casual customers who only complain about the price or don't understand the membership method used by Cakewalk, just give a look at the SONAR discussions page on STEAM: with a slogan like "SONAR Platinum, only for 300$. Pay one time, keep it upgraded forever." sales would be guaranteed.

Respectively, I disagree on every point.

1)  FL isn't incentive enough to really push the development of the software.  It is clear that Sonar with their model is.  FL has honestly proven this with the updates they make.

2.  Those extra features are what drives the price differences between the versions.  And things like L-Phase are available as additional purchases today for the lower tier people.  They already have that business model.  

3.  A number I don't use either, but that is part of making the package well rounded for different types of users.  Most of those plugins do not cost Cake that much to provide at this point.  The ones you mentioned AD, Melodyne and TH3 actually do and are the ones that theoretically under your model should not be included since they require 3rd party licencing.  (Lounge Lizard and True Pianos and Overload are also 3rd party, but stripped down versions of the full blown product with discounts for upgrades) I'd argue these are some of the prime things people spring the extra cash on for the Plat version.  

4)  Cake had the pay one time keep it forever model for ~20 years.  Potential customers that can't read likely will struggle to use the software anyway.  Also the OP states they are only offering the "monthly" subscription straight from Cakewalk, if you go to a retailer, your option is the full boat pay up front version, you can go to a retailer site and see there is no confusion that if you pay that amount out of pocket, you own a license that doesn't expire right then and there. 

5)  If you want a stripped down version, just buy Artist and periodically opt back in when you need future state fix of compatibility.  I'm inferring from your post you are not a Lifetime Plat owner.  

groove
Brian Walton
To keep the pay model going I'm curious what is in the oven for new features, since the last 5 months have been pretty heavily focused on fixes and enhancements to existing sets.   I'd imagine the non-lifers that are forking out the money every month will want some sizzle on the steak to keep going.  

Not to thread-jack, but I am very happy that CW is focused more on bugfixes than ever-expanding features with new bugs of their own.  Given the number of voices that were asking for more stability and more focus on bugfixing than new features, I would hope that others are happy too.

I'm also very glad about focus on stability and bug fixes.  But I'm just being realistic that most users don't want to pay ~$200/ year for that alone.  Those of us that got on the lifetime plan, no problem, but those that are in the position to either continue to pay or not, I'm guessing they will want a combo of both fixes and new otherwise they will likely opt out and then jump back on when the fixes they actually run into are addressed.  
post edited by Brian Walton - 2017/03/15 00:58:37
coolbass
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/15 01:39:19 (permalink)
ampfixer
The announcement should have been "Prices going up May 1st - Update Now!"

Isn't that really what this is about? And what happened to the Platinum Only perks?

Exactly.
Blades
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3246
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/15 02:18:47 (permalink)
My first thought: I'm glad I took the "lifetime updates" offer when it was out there. 

There were so many who just wanted to point out all sorts of conspiracy theory about what Cakewalk wasn't going to do (i.e. no worthwhile updates, product cancellations, rebranding to get out of having to "pay out the updates"), or that the lifetime updates would always be available and it was a cash grab that would be extended over and over. 

At the time, I thought "I'm taking advantage of this", figuring that if Cakewalk kept offering lifetime upgrades forever, I'd still be winning over the previous purchasing model (monthly or yearly updates that ended at the end of their respective terms, so it would be about $199/year or so), but if they stopped, I'd definitely save a ton of money over the long haul.  So now I look at it over the 5 year plan.  If I got 50% off for each of the next 5 years at $250 each year, that would be $1,250 over the next 5 years.  I pay $0 (or $199 if you include my "investment" last year).  Lucky/fortunate me.

If they had not offered the lifetime upgrades, I may still be on X3.  I'm glad I happened to be paying attention when it was announced and offered.  And as a result, I've gotten at least a little more involved in my music hobby, my use of Sonar, and this forum.

I'm sorry for those that missed it.  I'm sorry for those who couldn't take advantage of it when it was available.

Blades
www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
Galeon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/15 08:15:47 (permalink)
Brian Walton
5)  If you want a stripped down version, just buy Artist and periodically opt back in when you need future state fix of compatibility.  I'm inferring from your post you are not a Lifetime Plat owner.  

I use Cakewalk products since the ancient Cakewalk Home Studio 9, now I have SONAR Platinum with lifetime updates.

What I expect from a DAW is a good, solid... DAW. Not a compendium of plugins, specially with the Izotope Music Production Bundle 2 or the Komplete 11 Ultimate around, that's why, after the release of the L-Phases Series I said "Ok, cool but... I've already Neutron Advance (for example), I don't need them". Installed. Forgotten.
The only essential feature for me are the Lifetime updates (that I already have) and, for the same reason, one day, I will buy FL Studio Signature with LT updates for 289$, even if I'll continue to use SONAR.

As I previously mentioned, SONAR versions (with LT updates) should be like these:

- Home studio: cancelled (IMHO... it's useless)
- Artist: Rapture session for 99$
- Professional: Rapture session + ProChannels + 1 AD2 Pak for 199$
- Platinum: Rapture session + ProChannels + 3 AD2 Paks + Melodyne Essential + Overloud TH3 Cakewalk or Ozone 7 Elements for 299$

From Artist to Professional: 100$
From Artist to Platinum: 200$
From Professional to Platinum: 100$

I think that the easiest way (to sell a product) is always the best way or, as someone said, "short reckonings make long friends".
post edited by Galeon - 2017/03/15 12:34:55
pwalpwal
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/15 13:29:01 (permalink)
declan
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
pwalpwal
how will this affect steam editions?

We'll have a small FAQ and Blog post tomorrow morning.

Has this been posted?  I haven't found it.

this?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834500302

just a sec

LJB
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1502
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 07:49:50 (permalink)
Glad I jumped on the Lifetime Deal when I did... going back to work now ;O)

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

bsantini99
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 16:16:38 (permalink)
I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps coming out to say I'm glad I jumped on the lifetime deal as if they need validation of their decision. Two thing are certain: Cakewalk will change their pricing strategy again at some point - they have no idea what they want to do and have been changing every 6-12 months. The other thing is that the lifetime updates deal will be back at some point when they need more money, so no one missed out. The lifetime updates was just a money grab to fund the mac development which seems to have gone into vaporware and will ultimately fail for them as they cannot displace logic or the other daws out there. Only people here that will be getting it for free are interested - no money for Cakewalk in that.

I got tired of being jerked around by Cakewalk on the pricing strategies and thought they were really going to bring out some groundbreaking products last year after all the hype. Instead we got this overblown cash grab campaign. I decided to take my $199 and invest in FL Studio, actually paid less that this for the signature package with lifetime updates included. I have been using Sonar since 2010 and have seen very little in terms of updates to get excited about. I only upgraded to platinum because I wanted addictive drums and was a cheaper route than buying directly.

Sonar is now moved down to 4th on my list of favorite daws and find FLS is way faster to get ideas down and has more flexibility and core features to record, edit, and arrange audio and midi the way I want to work. So, now it is my primary daw and I'll keep Sonar just for my legacy projects. By the way, I do mostly rock and classical arrangements, not EDM as most people think FLS is only good at. Also note that FLS is family owned and not under some corporate umbrella, so there is more passion and the community interacts a lot more with the developers on the updates. Cakewalk seems to have become more disconnected internally since they came under Gibson which is very sad.

Another issue for me has been support. I had an issue a while back and emailed Cakewalk and got no response. I was able to figure it out on my own after some research. Then I got an email 4 weeks later asking if I still needed help. This is totally unacceptable. To folks that have not looked elsewhere and are happy with Sonar and the level of support, and it does everything you need, I have nothing but respect and wish you the best of luck. It is still a good daw as it stands.
LJB
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1502
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 17:14:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dcumpian 2017/03/16 18:14:18
You might be right, you might not be. I chose the uncomplicated route, and considering that my currency is 14 times less valuable than the US dollar, I don't have the luxury to jump DAWs every time I get the itch.. been using Sonar since it was Cakewalk 3.4 on one Stiffy Disk back in ... 1996 maybe? so I'm pretty sure I've had plenty of time to decide whether it's the DAW for me.

I am also one of the first and loudest to challenge them when there is a bug or an idea that needs work, so I'm no fanboy either.

But since I make a very decent living using Sonar between 6 to 7 days a week, I'll sit back and let the bunfight carry on.. now where's my popcorn?.. :O)

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 17:34:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dcumpian 2017/03/16 18:14:29
bsantini99
I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps coming out to say I'm glad I jumped on the lifetime deal as if they need validation of their decision.

The topic is an official ANNOUNCEMENT of new Cakewalk marketing politic. There was several questions how to interpret it, and they was answered.

"I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps coming out to say" what they think about it, are they happy with it or not, some propose how to do it better, other even manage to "advertise" another DAWs...

This forum is knows for complete freedom, but I think sticky threads should be moderated.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Paul G
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2334
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 20:50:29 (permalink)
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]

We emailed all of our SONAR customers today, ...

I used to get these emails all the time but haven't for the last 6 - 8 months!  Is there a place to re-sign up?

Thanks.

Paul

Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Paul Robert Glaser
The Brothers Glaser
SoundClick
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/16 21:49:59 (permalink)
Paul G
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
We emailed all of our SONAR customers today, ...

I used to get these emails all the time but haven't for the last 6 - 8 months!  Is there a place to re-sign up?

FWIW I didn't get any email from Cakewalk.

I've gone from never getting email even after signing up multiple times,
To finally getting on the list,
To back to not receiving anything.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 02:34:53 (permalink)
bsantini99
I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps coming out to say I'm glad I jumped on the lifetime deal as if they need validation of their decision..
(.........)
I have nothing but respect and wish you the best of luck. It is still a good daw as it stands.

I think it's kind of funny that people who have supposedly moved on to another DAW come back here to post during times of turmoil and change as if they need validation for their decision.

Oh - and I am very happy that I jumped on Cakewalk's lifetime updates.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Blades
  • Total Posts : 3246
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 17:06:55 (permalink)
I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps coming out to say I'm glad I jumped on the lifetime deal as if they need validation of their decision.

Seriously?  Of course I want validation for my decision!  How else do you gauge whether your decisions are good or not?  And the lifetime updates were not really barely more expensive that me "just" going to Platinum from X3 for a one year period - so hardly would count as a cash grab except possibly that they made the offer more attractive to me to jump rather than not move forward from X3 at all.  Either way, kind of a win-win for both me and Cakewalk, I think.

That is not to say that the pricing change is the ONLY validation.  It is not.  I am validated every time I get an update to the software.  And when my one year point comes around and I keep getting updates, that will be validation YET AGAIN.

What would you rather people say?  "I wish I hadn't jumped on the lifetime deal.  I sure wish I could be paying more".  Would that be some kind more reasonable statement to you?

pfffft...Sounds kind of more like you are trying to validate your purchase of Fruity Loops from here.

That said, I have a few open tickets with Cakewalk and I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of response I've gotten.  I opened these tickets last August and I cannot get any response. So, I'm sad that it APPEARS that the lifetime purchase is at the expense of responsive customer support.  THAT is totally unacceptable.

Blades
www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 17:49:00 (permalink)
Blades
.... I'm sad that it APPEARS that the lifetime purchase is at the expense of responsive customer support.  THAT is totally unacceptable.

I don't think you can blame support issues on lifetime updates - it was pretty poor long before they were ever mentioned. 
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 22:46:35 (permalink)
mettelus
Ironically, the only feature mentioned in the OP that didn't exist a year ago is lenses.

Anyone who wants to see the full roster of additions in the last year (e.g., comping improvements, Matrix view updates, MIDI note chase, onboard audio speed improvements, tempo extraction, Melodyne multitrack support, Console 1 support, Rapture/Z3TA+ improvements, plug-in load balancing,Tungsten theme,  theme editor, Melodyne 4.1, Quick Group insert FX and freeze, linear phase EQ and multiband compressor plug-ins, Smart Swipe, TH3, etc.) can check out the Rolling Updates page.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 22:56:00 (permalink)
Galeon
Speaking about plugins already included: they're too many, expecially in Platinum. TTS-1, Cyclone, Dimension LE, Dimension Pro, DropZone, PSYN II, Rapture, Rapture LE, Rapture session, rgcAudio Square, Roland GrooveSynth, RXP, Lounge Lizard Session 4 and many more. Some of them I've never opened.

Not sure how easy it is to judge a plug-in without opening it . However, backwards compatibility requires retaining older plug-ins. The development costs on them were paid off a long time ago, so including them a) adds nothing to the price and b) makes it easier to collaborate with people who got into SONAR relatively recently.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/18 23:14:43 (permalink)
bsantini99
The lifetime updates deal will be back at some point when they need more money, so no one missed out.

Based on what I know (which I'm quite sure is more than you do), there are zero plans to resume lifetime updates. 

The lifetime updates was just a money grab to fund the mac development

That is incorrect, so please don't state it as a fact. I'll let someone from Cakewalk refute you if they want to, but I know the cost of bringing a Windows product to a Mac alpha, and it's not much. Remember, both platforms use Intel processors these days. It's not like the days of trying to port to a PPC processor.

Instead we got this overblown cash grab campaign.

One customer's "overblown cash grab" is another customer's cost-effective way to always stay updated with SONAR for an incredibly low price. 

soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/19 09:30:06 (permalink)
... besides, no one "grabs" your cash unless you're waving it in front of 'em..... or letting it fall out the pockets of your holey jeans. 
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 00:37:39 (permalink)
Brando
I think it's kind of funny that people who have supposedly moved on to another DAW come back here to post during times of turmoil and change as if they need validation for their decision.

What's important to me is the music people make. I don't care what DAW they use, as long as their music has emotional impact that reaches my heart (or at least my brain).

I do notice that a lot of people who claim to have moved on, or diss SONAR for being inadequate for their needs, don't have links to their music. A cynic might say that's because their music isn't very good, so they're moving on because they blame their tools. I'd prefer to think it's more that they haven't found the perfect match yet for the way they create music. Just as no two DAWs are alike, no two creative processes are alike.

It's silly to diss any DAW because it satisfies the creative process of other people but not your own. 

As to the OP, I think the simplified structure is overdue. When it got to the point where you had to log in to your account to find out what your price would be, that's a warning sign that it was too complicated.

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 19:28:21 (permalink)
Blades
That said, I have a few open tickets with Cakewalk and I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of response I've gotten.  I opened these tickets last August and I cannot get any response. So, I'm sad that it APPEARS that the lifetime purchase is at the expense of responsive customer support.  THAT is totally unacceptable.

Do you have numbers for those? I just did a lookup and the only cases which appear to be from you (btw: not the e-mail you used to register on the forums) seem to be one from the 17th, and one that was responded too and closed in 2014. 

Feel free to send me a PM and I'll look up the status of them. 

FWIW, just today I've been helping a user on Facebook who isn't receiving replies back from Tech Support for some reason. The e-mails are sending on our end, but his hotmail seems to be filtering it for some reason. It's totally possible your situation is another case of this.

Best Regards,
Seth
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 20:01:47 (permalink)
Off topic, but it bothers me to hear that you are using the forum, the bakery, steam and Facebook as conduits for customer interaction. I have no idea what avenue to follow when looking for information. I worry that the limited support resources are diluted and that there is a potential for inconsistent communication.

I don't use social media. Does that put me at a disadvantage when I'm trying to find out whats going on? I'm hearing that there is more interaction via Steam and Facebook.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 21:38:08 (permalink)
ampfixer
Off topic, but it bothers me to hear that you are using the forum, the bakery, steam and Facebook as conduits for customer interaction. I have no idea what avenue to follow when looking for information. I worry that the limited support resources are diluted and that there is a potential for inconsistent communication.

Follow us where you feel comfortable.

While the forum is really setup as a peer to peer platform, Facebook is much more of a direct marketing tool and needs to be handled as such. During our last round of customer interviews (this past month), very few indicated that they were on the forum, but almost all were on Facebook. It's only logical that we participate in the places where our customers congregate. 

Now, in regards to my main responsibility, Steam is designed to give developers all the tools they need to create/release/sell/reevaluate/update and communicate with their user base. The built in social media platform is critical for success and is the best way to communicate with users on that channel. That said, non-Steam users won't be missing anything by not following Steam, and probably shouldn't as it differs slightly from direct. 

Tying it back to your point of multiple conduits. Steam users may not necessarily be Facebook users as they tend to skew younger. Therefore It would be bad to assume we could ignore the Steam community tools in favor of just Facebook or the forums.

ampfixerI don't use social media. Does that put me at a disadvantage when I'm trying to find out whats going on? I'm hearing that there is more interaction via Steam and Facebook. 

In 2017, not using social media is probably putting you at a disadvantage. How much is dependent on what you consider relevant or valuable. I know of 3 user moderated SONAR Facebook groups that are arguably more active than the forums and likely share more user generated content. That result isn't unexpected though, Facebook's whole platform is designed around content sharing and community.

Best Regards,
Seth
Hatstand
  • Total Posts : 597
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 21:56:46 (permalink)
I would have to agree with you Seth, different strokes and all that. Coming from a multi-generational family I have a father of 80 who edits guitar instruction books on his Mac, I am in the Windows camp biased towards forums and Facebook (through no fault of my own I must add :)) and my son is 24 and of the Steam/Reddit generation who thinks Facebook is for old people to share family photos.
All of us involved in music.

p.s. by old people I am talking anyone over 35!

Sonar Platinum - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - AMD FX 8150 processor - 16Gb RAM - 27" Monitor (it's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it)
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 22:20:10 (permalink)
Interesting side-topic...   As much as I love frequenting these forums as well as a few others, I don't even have a Facebook page.   And I don't do Twitter or use any other social media avenues either.   However, I personally know only one, maybe two, other people that don't have a social media presence of any kind so I know we're in the (overwhelming) minority.     

I guess that's just how it is in the 21st century, so maybe the borgs were right after all.  
Geez, I feel old.  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Hatstand
  • Total Posts : 597
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 22:34:15 (permalink)
welcome to my world Steve! Spitfire audio announce via Instagram, I am involved with another company who share betas via Facebook, album drops are now done surreptitiously via Reddit. I tend to use FB messenger and WhatsApp as a way to communicate with people across the globe rather than email. Collaborations are done via sftp due to security rather than links to download pages.

luckily I was microchipped at birth so I have access to every available communication channel!
:)

Sonar Platinum - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - AMD FX 8150 processor - 16Gb RAM - 27" Monitor (it's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it)
The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/20 22:56:57 (permalink)
i don't do the facebook thing really myself either, although i do have a fake anonymous account set up for the sole purpose of getting news/keeping up with companies/products etc
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/21 00:53:22 (permalink)
Hatstand

p.s. by old people I am talking anyone over 35!

Ouch, I guess I should go pick a plot out before people catch on to this.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/21 02:00:42 (permalink)
Hatstand
welcome to my world Steve! Spitfire audio announce via Instagram, I am involved with another company who share betas via Facebook, album drops are now done surreptitiously via Reddit. I tend to use FB messenger and WhatsApp as a way to communicate with people across the globe rather than email. Collaborations are done via sftp due to security rather than links to download pages.

luckily I was microchipped at birth so I have access to every available communication channel!
:)

Someday I might make it there...   In the interim, I think my microchip must be a little rusty or somethin'. 

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/03/21 07:23:48 (permalink)
Seth's comments were a real eye opener for me. I thought this was the center of the universe. Next, you'll be telling me the earth isn't flat. You crazy kids!

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1