Helpful ReplyLockedHello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018]

Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 29 of 30
Author
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:50:00 (permalink)
When it comes to hardware support anything is possible but some things are more likely that others. Expecting BandLab to purchase IP from Roland to support hardware that Roland no longer manufacturers or supports falls into the unlikely category. Expecting better integration with currently manufactured and support devices is more likely but would have to be prioritized along with other feature requests. My guess is the priority right now is completing the transition and rolling out the successor to SONAR.
marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:52:27 (permalink)
Wookiee
There is an element of wandering here please keep on track with the original post and updates.

Licencing is subject to change, as Bandlab have only purchased the intellectual property and code base of Cakewalk Inc. and Not Cakewalk Inc.

But this is exactly the problem! Even if BandLab kept the activation servers running for the former Cakewalk products under their hood, there would be no guaranty for a longer period, because they are legally not obliged to do so. IMHO it is now the case, there must be delivered the promised local activation key for Sonar Platinum, because the Cakewalk company is closed, their servers will be stopped soon and BandLab have not bought Cakewalk, only their assets. Thus the whole deal (selling the assets only and closing Cakewalk) is only legal if Gibson gives us the key to activate our software that we own for lifetime (as they have written in several documents)!

... many years before ...
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:53:48 (permalink)
MandolinPicker
[...]
You have license to use the software. You don't own it - no matter how much you paid for it. Doesn't matter if your livelihood depends on it. Doesn't matter if you are a hobbyist. Any company that owns the software can shut down any of their servers at any time, even if it is required for your licensed software to run. They can do this and it is perfectly legal. They own it - not you.

This sounds like nonsense. If you sell perpetual licenses of your software, and then cancel the means of authorizing it ... you most likely would be obliged to refund the licencee monetarily. So yes, they can in theory do it ... but it will have a price ... it's not that easy to get out of your obligations. And Cakewalk Inc is still a legal entity.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 19:59:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 20:06:06
BandLab Senior Management has stated without reservation that the authentication process for SONAR will continue unchanged. If you feel you have an issue with Gibson, take it up with them. BandLab have stated their plans.
iRelevant
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:08:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2018/03/24 21:31:22
Zo
So if the vs 700 is a taboo , then can we expect a dedicated surface for sonar ? Or deeper integration with avod artist serie for exemple ?

There already is the MCU and it's many compatibles. I think there are more important things to spend time on.
marled
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:21:19 (permalink)
scook
BandLab Senior Management has stated without reservation that the authentication process for SONAR will continue unchanged. If you feel you have an issue with Gibson, take it up with them. BandLab have stated their plans.

I understand. But I feel somehow fooled. Noel promised that if the servers went down we would get a personal activation key. IMO the move of the servers to BandLab and/or the generous crossgrade offer DO NOT replace that, since they are not the successor of the Cakewalk company!

Gmichaelhall
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:27:01 (permalink)
scook

This is in fact how I understand it, however, my concern remains that I want/need/think I deserve an authentication key for my Sonar platinum in its current state, so I can run it alongside the expectant BandLab version and for a myriad of reasons. One line of coding goes pear shaped and a decade of archives/assets become stranded. While I do remain optimistic, it's really a wait and see process. Also, for those folks who have had a gut full of vacated company commitments and unfulfilled promises that choose not to migrate over to BandLab, they too deserve a means of off line Sonar authorisation before the pin gets pulled on the servers.
Gmichaelhall
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:31:40 (permalink)
marled
scook

I understand. Noel promised that if the servers went down we would get a personal activation key. IMO the move of the servers to BandLab and/or the generous crossgrade offer DO NOT replace that

Yes. And it's a more important detail than those who seem to know better are kind of skimming over, and regardless of what BandLab has articulated on the subject, there is no clear explanation on the topic. Once it's all been done and dusted is a bit late.
ch.huey
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:33:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2018/03/23 20:44:28
marled
Wookiee
There is an element of wandering here please keep on track with the original post and updates.

Licencing is subject to change, as Bandlab have only purchased the intellectual property and code base of Cakewalk Inc. and Not Cakewalk Inc.

But this is exactly the problem! Even if BandLab kept the activation servers running for the former Cakewalk products under their hood, there would be no guaranty for a longer period, because they are legally not obliged to do so. IMHO it is no the case, there must be delivered the promised local activation key for Sonar Platinum, because the Cakewalk company is closed, their servers will be stopped soon and BandLab have not bought Cakewalk, only their assets. Thus the whole deal (selling the assets only and closing Cakewalk) is only legal if Gibson gives us the key to activate our software that we own for lifetime (as they have written in several documents)!

Marled, I actually agree with you on this. But let's put this in perspective a little bit.

Gibson stopped active development on Cakewalk with little to no notice half a year ago or so. In the meantime, it's gone from looking like the entire platform and program was going to just wither and die on the vine, emergency activation measures possibly released by Cakewalk just so we don't get screwed. Now it's been picked up by Bandlab, a company that so far has said it will continue to keep the servers for activation online, if relocated (which they legally didn't have to do I think), and also but not only, wait for it, are coming out with a new version of Sonar that's NotSonar but based on Sonar, and taking some Sonar staff along with them. Meng has come across as very transparent, friendly and most importantly, respectful of how good the program is.

Let the dust settle for a while. I was freaking out over whether or not the servers for Sonar Platinum will be relocated - they are, so for the immediate future, nothing will change. Same Cakewalk Command Center. They are handling account migration, with a future new DAW. This is probably one of the best outcomes possible given what happened. A future and a present.

Whether or not we own the program - I had reservations before buying and I checked my emails earlier today. I'm old enough to remember when you bought software, you got it on a CD/DVD and had a serial, and it was yours, yours and yours. I was assured by Cakewalk that whether or not I purchased it outright or paid in monthly installments, that after that point, it was mine, the same as if I'd had a DVD with a serial in the old days. They would not take it away, or disable my ability to use it. This implies to me, and I did push them a little, that should it ever go belly up, they'd make sure I wasn't locked out. Call it what you want, but once it looked like it might, Cakewalk DID mention an unlock for all users who paid. But that was Cakewalk, not Bandlab.

Bandlab is keeping the servers active. They're developing a new DAW based off of Sonar Platinum. At some point this may come up, but right now, they have said they will keep the activation servers for Sonar Platinum online.

At some point they may have to deal with this issue of permanently unlocking it, but they aren't Cakewalk. Cakewalk is gone, and if you want to argue with Gibson via a lawsuit, get in line. Bandlab is treating the existing customers with respect right now, and support for what we bought from a company they didn't fully buy out.

How about we give them some breathing room while they figure out what is what? The activation servers will stay online, so nothing really changed in every day usage other than rolling updates (which stopped last year), and at some point the software will most likely become old enough to be legacy, and this conversation should wait until then. We're not there yet. I have a feeling that if it comes to that, given how Bandlab is behaving, that they won't pull a 180 and decide to just screw us all by dropping it one day with no future unlock if they decide to take the activation servers offline. They've barely had time to get up to speed on anything, and they don't really have any legal reason to do the good things they're already doing.

They're showing us the respect by showing us they aren't just going to drop the Sonar Platinum users by transferring the activation servers and keeping them online. Let's show them respect by not jumping the gun on demanding an unlock code since they're already doing more than one could argue they legally have to by keeping the authorization servers for Sonar Platinum online.

The day for the conversation about a permanent unlock for users who bought the program isn't here yet since there's no need at the moment, since the activation servers are online and the program still runs unchanged. They haven't set a deadline. Perhaps wait for that conversation when they do, since Cakewalk wasn't willing to give anyone a permanent unlock either while the authorization servers were up and running?

Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:39:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2018/03/24 16:34:50
The paranoia is rife tonight

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:42:55 (permalink)
marled
I understand. But I feel somehow fooled. Noel promised that if the servers went down we would get a personal activation key. IMO the move of the servers to BandLab and/or the generous crossgrade offer DO NOT replace that, since they are not the successor of the Cakewalk company!

Noel was very clear and the authentication process has not changed. Re-read his post
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
There is no "Gibson activation" site. Activation is handled both by the application and the Cakewalk webside back end.
BandLab have acquired all assets and that includes the website and back end. So nothing is going to happen to existing activation's during or after the transition to BandLab. If you choose the reinstall the software the same activation process with apply as before.
If we choose to change how this is done in the future of course we're going to make sure that existing customers are not affected so there is no need for needless worry.

What is happening now is a transition of customer data from a Cakewalk database to a BandLab database. The promise of an alternate method of activation is not based on a specific piece of hardware being decommissioned but a change to the activation process.
scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:48:39 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey
The paranoia is rife tonight

Yeah, it is unfortunate that there was such a delay between the time Gibson shut down development and BandLab was able to announce their purchase. It has lead to a lot of FUD.
marled
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:48:56 (permalink)
ch.huey
The day for the conversation about a permanent unlock for users who bought the program isn't here yet since there's no need at the moment, since the activation servers are online and the program still runs unchanged. They haven't set a deadline. Perhaps wait for that conversation when they do, since Cakewalk wasn't willing to give anyone a permanent unlock either while the authorization servers were up and running?

Thanks for your comment.
But the only thing that worries me is that, concerning Sonar Platinum (and its activation) we have only a contract with Cakewalk and none with BandLab! So even if they run the activation servers now or soon, they will never be responsible to give us a permanent unlock when they decide to remove the Splat activation servers (for whatever reason)!

scook
Forum Host
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:54:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/03/23 21:04:57
This is why it is important to create an account on BandLab. They own the SONAR activation process now and committed to keep the process the same or provide an alternate activation method.
marled
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 20:58:31 (permalink)
scook
This is why it is important to create an account on BandLab. They own the SONAR activation process now and committed to keep the process the same or provide an alternate activation method.

Thanks scook! Your words in heavens hand!

sfmmarrow
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 21:11:25 (permalink)
after years of fully voice automating all functionality in Sonar to do whatever I need-  to queue up the instrument I was gonna lay down next so I could just sit with the instruments and make music  and not dick with the computer- it's magical how quickly I can create music - working with self created song templates that included extensively tweaked track and bus inserts, sidechains - lots of premastering included.  And now I'm so bummed   I was using cakewalk from the beginning when it was a dos midi only program - before microsoft had windows

I ordered cubase to take a look at, I love my german RME UFX interface so maybe the german Steinberg cubase will be ok
iRelevant
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 21:11:39 (permalink)
marled
Wookiee

But this is exactly the problem! Even if BandLab kept the activation servers running for the former Cakewalk products under their hood, there would be no guaranty for a longer period, because they are legally not obliged to do so. IMHO it is now the case, there must be delivered the promised local activation key for Sonar Platinum, because the Cakewalk company is closed, their servers will be stopped soon and BandLab have not bought Cakewalk, only their assets. Thus the whole deal (selling the assets only and closing Cakewalk) is only legal if Gibson gives us the key to activate our software that we own for lifetime (as they have written in several documents)!

Cakewalk Inc is a separate entity, doesn't matter that it's a subsidiary company of Gibson. Who's gonna do the job  of making keys in a ghost company without workers ? Who's gonna deliver on it's promises ? Who's gonna keep the contract ? It's all gone man.
Presumably it's just a matter of months before the company is resolved, and with it  all it's obligations. I'm pretty sure it all perfectly legal. Thankfully BandLab is offering existing users to come along with the further development of the program, the alternative is a likely near term total loss and void.
ch.huey
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/23 21:19:47 (permalink)
marled
ch.huey

Thanks for your comment.
But the only thing that worries me is that, concerning Sonar Platinum (and its activation) we have only a contract with Cakewalk and none with BandLab! So even if they run the activation servers now or soon, they will never be responsible to give us a permanent unlock when they decide to remove the Splat activation servers (for whatever reason)!

All of this is true. It is unfair from a certain perspective. I do believe that we should get the option that, at the end of life for Sonar Platinum, the option for a total unlock when it's no longer supported. But life isn't fair. We might not get that. In fact, we could be far worse off now than we are. But we're not. From another perspective, Bandlab really has no obligation to help us at all even with keeping Platinum alive. But they are as a show of good faith. There is more than one perspective here.

I think this is all the more reason to develop a healthy relationship with Bandlab and be patient. Don't expect a permanent unlock, whether or not you think you deserve it. Cakewalk owed it to you (or didn't), but Cakewalk can't give it anymore since Cakewalk isn't around, so it doesn't really matter. I truly believe that when that day comes, how we behave now, pushing and pushing or accepting that the sky didn't fall and things are good for the moment, may well determine whether they honor that obligation. They don't have to, but they may want to because we gave them time and space during a very hectic period for them, instead of breathing down their necks. They've shown good faith. I think if we return it, good things will come.

Again, we're not there yet, and they're not Cakewalk so it's kind of pointless to argue over the permanent unlock when we don't need it yet. I'm just happy nothing in my daily life is changing and I can keep on going without worrying about the activation.

rluka
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/23 21:51:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby deswind 2018/03/24 03:45:36
Tacatta
Not sure if anyone can help me with this but here goes. I received the email from BandLab saying I should sign up with my original email, my problem is I am switching internet providers tomorrow and will have a new email address. I'm not sure if this will affect any emails I would need to get from Bandlab or anything else for that matter. I would have preferred to be able to change to my new email address now within sonar, but they are saying we must use the original email address.

This is from their facts page:
What if I have already made a BandLab account?
That’s great! We’re so glad to have you join the BandLab community – we know that thousands of you have already signed up!

So long as you signed up with the same email address as your Cakewalk account: you don’t need to do anything, we’ve already tagged your Cakewalk ID to your new BandLab account.

If you signed up with a different email address, please log in to either your BandLab or Cakewalk account and change the email address so the two match.
kevinwal
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1066
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/24 06:29:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2018/03/26 03:39:59
It was really decent of the Cakewalk folks to offer offline activation keys and I appreciate the spirit in which it was offered, but really, they had no obligation (contractual or otherwise) to do so once the doors closed, and if the truth were to be told, I really didn't expect to ever see any of those keys. That's not to say I doubted their word or intent, but I know how fluid things can be when things turn turtle on you.

So I'm more than good with BandLab's assurances. They aren't under any obligation (moral or otherwise) to carry out the late Cakewalk's promises, and it shows a lot of class that they are looking at ways to do so. More to the point, as far as Sonar is concerned they are the only game in town right now, right?

So I'm still using Sonar Platinum and I'm gonna keep on using it as long as it will run, and whatever BandLab comes up with will get a serious look-see from me. Noel's involvement is just the cherry on top.

Look on the bright side. Magix could have picked up Sonar. As far as I'm concerned (and this is just my opinion), Magix is the place where software goes to die.

Kevin Walsh
My latest tunes are at Reverbnation, please give a listen!

EVGA X58 Classified III, 24GB Kingston RAM, i7/970 6 core
256GB SSD, 2TB HD
Windows 10 Build 10586, Sonar Platinum, 2016.03
MOTU 8Pre Interface
Toddskins
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 158
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/24 07:33:16 (permalink)
I have X3 Producer.  I did not know about the release of Rapture Pro with over 4000 sounds, what a couple years ago?  I would have bought it.  It's now not available.

Is it possible that BandLab acquired it and will make it available again?  Or does anyone know of a way to get it and validate it into my X3 Producer?  That would be totally cool.

2nd, I signed up on BandLab yesterday and browsed the site some.  I'd like to comment (and ask?) a few things from what I saw:

* The collaborative effort for musicians using BandLab does seem pretty cool, in theory.  I casually looked, but did not see anything related to the technical means of how users are able to share (using Sonar language) a DAW project.  For example, let's say I upload a startup song with 4 tracks of keyboard stuff on it, so that a drummer, guitarist, and bassist can gain access to it, and add their own ideas to the same project.  I did not see the technology on the Bandlab site where this comes to life.  Is this why they bought Sonar's software?  But they've already been doing their thing for some time.  So I don't know.

* I took a couple minutes only, looking over the legal page about copyright stuff.  It is a bit disconcerting to read without a music attorney to help make sense of it.  It seems as though you kinda lose all your rights the moment you go public with it on BandLab, even though they use some double-talk about you remain the owner of the composition, and then a moment later say that they have rights to publish and use, etc.  Very confusing.

* I happen to have just started 7 weeks ago, a St. Louis, MO Musicians Meetup Group using the Meetup.com website, and to make a long story short - we are meeting for the 3rd time this April 7, for the purpose of attempting to create a CD of 10 originals songs, comprised by the efforts of all the St. Louis Musicians in the group (we are up to 92 now, but only had 22 show up at the 2nd meeting) that we hope people will download at $1/track, as the idea is to get local TV and radio to promote this unique St. Louis endeavor.  Kinda like how Steely Dan's Donald Fagen and Walter Becker used different musicians on almost every song.  BandLab's timing for me, is fairly remarkable since we will need a method to share our riffs and collaborate from all over the St. Louis city and county and surrounding areas.  I was intending to get us all to share DAW tracks as .WAV files (regardless of what DAW each of uses), but BandLab might be better (or maybe not).  But their legalese is a bit scary.  Also, it was unclear to me if we have to buy the hardware they show on their website in order to use their app to get the music onto their cloud.  The app could not be a full scale DAW, I'm sure of that, and maybe it's not necessary since all we need to do is download the full scale (not compressed) audio into our own DAW to do our work.
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 07:54:02 (permalink)
scook

Is the activation process/server really part of the intellectual property ?
I would have thought it more a part of the Cakewalk company, which is dead.

If I don't get a code to activate Platinum, I'm going with another daw.
I won't hang around until BandLab pulls the plug on it and I'm through investing money in the Sonar code.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
pjl
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 09:35:38 (permalink)
Paul P

From the original announcement from BandLab:

"BandLab Technologies today announced the acquisition of certain assets and the complete set of intellectual property of Cakewalk Inc. from Gibson Brands."

I would have thought the activation system would be one of those assets.

Celebrate reason, sleep in on Sundays
iRelevant
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 11:11:17 (permalink)
Paul P
I won't hang around until BandLab pulls the plug on it and I'm through investing money in the Sonar code.

Do you think that's wise ? Your license is in effect dead. BandLab is offering a golden opportunity of a bridge over to something new and hopefully more successful, and you say no ? 
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 11:16:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg 2018/03/24 12:50:39
Paul P
scook

Guys, it really is time to stop posting your "beliefs" and start re-reading what Noel and Meng have already stated.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

texasaurus rex
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 11:42:37 (permalink)
Kevin Walsh   " Look on the bright side. Magix could have picked up Sonar. As far as I'm concerned (and this is just my opinion), Magix is the place where software goes to die. "

I am just curious...What's the deal on that story, which software went there to die? When I read that, I thought "Yikes, That's Not Good, what does Kevin know that I don't know?!". Got my attention for sure.
My first experience with MAGIX was a year or so back, I opened up my copy of Sony ACID Music Studio 9 (the light version of ACID that I use for loop creation/manipulation), and it had became an upgrade to the MAGIX 10 version for free. Suddenly all my 3rd party VST/VSTi's showed up in the plugin manager. I use that for loops, SONAR as main DAW. Happy Camper,all around.
I hate all this BS due to Gibson's collapse and will be VERY happy if I/we get to keep using Cakewalk products in the future. 
But just in case, I purchased  PreSonus Studio One 3.5 DAW; also,MAGIX sold me a crossover deal for Samplitude Pro X3, Sound Forge Pro 11, SpectraLayers, iZotope Mastering and Repair Suite, Melodyne, plus more for $150.
 If MAGIX is bad news, the Grim Reaper for Software, I have no issues with deleting it
 I use SONAR all day, spend as much off-hours time as I can getting the hang of Studio One and Samplitude, I sure don't want to be wasting my time on learning a DAW that's going to die. Save me attending a funeral if you can fill me in on MAGIX   pastgraveyard..I want to avoid that scene again.
Seems like BandLab is making a real effort for existing Cakewalk users.
Dang it, I am all chill until I log in to the forum and by the time I log out I am not so chill anymore.    

texasaurus rex
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 11:44:26 (permalink)
What Karyn said...

The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/24 14:45:21 (permalink)
kevinwal
It was really decent of the Cakewalk folks to offer offline activation keys and I appreciate the spirit in which it was offered, but really, they had no obligation (contractual or otherwise) to do so once the doors closed, ...

When an entity is destined to enter, or has entered bankruptcy it is routine for its creditors to expect remediation before or after an undervalue transaction of the entity's assets occurs.

Paid licensees of intellectual property are considered creditors in this circumstance. The debtor has granted perpetual access to said property, and we can reasonably expect remediation from the party with which we had an agreement.

Provision of a license authorization utility has become routine in the software sector when a vendor dissolves in bankruptcy. This was confirmed when Cakewalk's CTO stated that this was the reason there was no need to worry about Cakewalk completely disappearing before a remedy was supplied.

Arranging to have a third party provide license authorization in an escrow capacity is also a common solution, but it is irregular for the contingency to require that the creditors sign an agreement with a social media platform to utilize the remedial solution.

The social media platform forces us to agree to a privacy policy that states it will make use of our information, and our habits, in a manner above and beyond the simple facilitation of software license authorization. 

I can consider signing up with Bandlab in order to enjoy its social media platform's capabilities, but I am resistant to the instruction or suggestion that I need to do so in order to retain access to the intellectual property which I have licensed in perpetuity through an agreement with Cakewalk Inc.

I will prefer that Cakewalk Inc. provides a solution for those licensees that do not wish to be forced to sign up to a social media platform to access the licenses that Cakewalk has granted in perpetuity.

Thank you.

Edited spelling and grammar.

post edited by mister happy - 2018/03/24 15:27:37

poetnprophet
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 14:59:28 (permalink)
Wookiee
poetnprophet
Hi Bandlab,

I follow this thread almost every day, but I can see my requests for VS700 support will just get buried in the BS back/forth speculations.

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE FURTHER VS700 SUPPORT!

I think I'll just keep posting this request day after day until something happens.
Thanks!
Dave

The VS700 was never a Cakewalk designed or Manufactured product it was made and supported by Roland, they just used the Cakewalk name badge when they owned Cakewalk, one could almost be tempted to say they exploited the name, but probably not wise to do so.  Persistently asking here will in all seriousness get you no where talk to the company that originated it Roland Corporation.   Further post on this product may be subject to deletion for being off topic. 

So what, the system says CAKEWALK right on the front of it, and Cakewalk is the only DAW that has the integration BUILT IN to the daw, and since Bandlabs has whatever IP regarding Cakewalk, I'm simply asking them not to overlook this piece of it....and trying to make a voice for VS700 folks even though we are a tiny niche.

And, threatening to delete my relevant and serious requests amidst the 30 pages of sheer garbage and vomit I've been reading pretty much sums up the whole experience and the direction here.  Thanks for reminding me that I need to find another daw...and community.
Dave
poetnprophet
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/24 15:24:36 (permalink)
scook
When it comes to hardware support anything is possible but some things are more likely that others. Expecting BandLab to purchase IP from Roland to support hardware that Roland no longer manufacturers or supports falls into the unlikely category. Expecting better integration with currently manufactured and support devices is more likely but would have to be prioritized along with other feature requests. My guess is the priority right now is completing the transition and rolling out the successor to SONAR.

I'm not expecting anything, just a valid and relevant request for me and the few others that still use it.  If a new CW/BL product comes without any support for this surface, I personally won't use it.  I might as well find another daw to go with another surface system.

Also the MCU unit is not the same as the VS700 system.  It has maybe half of that systems functionality with Sonar.  Even the VS surface by itself is superior.  Plus preamps, comps, AD/DA, and I/O from the rack.  It's not the same.

I just don't understand why so many here are a bunch of haters?  Why does everyone bash everyone others' opinions or questions?  It feels a lot like Gearslutz suddenly, and it's sickening.
Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 29 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1