Helpful ReplyLockedHave Tried to Be Patient...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 22:45:17 (permalink)
I don't think too many people mistake this as a tech support forum categories such as this forum is about Sonar PE and SE but occasionally other issues are discussed in relation to and Cakewalk issues too example the amount of responses on the Cakewalk by Roland certainly had a lot of interesting views posted, then there's the occasional issue regarding this forum itself has been discussed too. When I said 'suppose to be' a support forum I meant that in essence not to be taken all too literally.

This forum may seem short on moderators but it's the people that make this forum what it is, if there are trolls causing disruptions then the best way to deal with that is to report it (using the link provided on these forums pages). Best to ignore, block, although unfortunately the ignore, block feature only works if logged in but it does help a little and I guess that's better than nothing.

IMO Cakewalk has done a great job in making this one of the best forums online, sadly though like all forums and the busier the forum the most likely chance there will be trolls ready to jump in and get their cheap thrills. Best to ignore trolls and report them to Cakewalk staff.

There's also the issue I have seen occur on other sites, people who stalk and harass! I find it worrisome that a lot of people don't know the meaning of harassment Dictionary: to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; to bother continually. Harassment - Law: in regards to Internet Law it's an offense and by court order a person can be removed from said site where the incidents occurred. I have dealt with this on other sites, had to send report to police and obtain a court order to have someone removed. No big deal, easy as 1, 2, 3: phone call, report and court order.

What I am trying to say and to summarize: There are ways to deal with trolls that don't require giving them the attention they want which is to get their cheap thrills, they want a response and this is where some people mistakenly but unintentionally feed the trolls. Like I said, best to ignore trolls and report them, that's the best way to handle it and prevent disruptions on the forums.

Anyway! It's good to discuss important issues such as this, just trying to keep this site the best because that's what I want.

Take Care! Have a great day Everybody!

-
post edited by SongCraft - 2008/03/24 23:04:26

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 22:53:32 (permalink)
I don't think it is entirely CW that has made the forum what it is. It is and has been made by its membership.
One of the reasons I posted the post above your own. This forum is not well moderated yet it survives. There can be only one reason for this. It is not due to CW it is due to the hard work of the long time members.

Best
John
SongCraft
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:13:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: John

I don't think it is entirely CW that has made the forum what it is. It is and has been made by its membership.
One of the reasons I posted the post above your own. This forum is not well moderated yet it survives. There can be only one reason for this. It is not due to CW it is due to the hard work of the long time members.

Hey! John, two great minds think alike

ORIGINAL: SongCraft

This forum may seem short on moderators but it's the people that make this forum what it is

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:16:37 (permalink)
When you're right you're right! LOL

Best
John
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:27:07 (permalink)
Songcraft, I would like to have a beer with you some day.

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
Black Pug Studios
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:27:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

POW! Right in the kisser!

LOL.....Booooooooooooooooooom!..........Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwaaaaaaaack!.......... Shaaaaaaaaaaaazamm!
SongCraft
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:33:10 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: robby

Songcraft, I would like to have a beer with you some day.

I'll buy a six pack or two, nothing like a good strong brew whilst listening to ACDC.

BTW, your songs are excellent!

SongCraft
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:39:22 (permalink)

When you're right you're right! LOL

But when it's wrong it goes horribly wrong LOL!! I swear, I didn't touch that red button.

Black Pug Studios
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:39:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: info@tomflair.com

i read the thread of batman and today i have an other conclusion than yesterday...it was the "good" guys flaming him because of his name - and he didnt wanna accept it just because he is a "newbie"...and there you go -- with the old moralizeres telling him a lot of very subjective stuff...

Sorry, your long winded arguement is useless if his very user name contains profane language. It's against the rules. I'm up for a good insult as well, but to use profane language in your user name...... well that just shows you're a moron. Kinda like the rocket scientists that use their email as their user name.
SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/24 23:47:15 (permalink)
Kinda like the rocket scientists that use their email as their user name.

POW! Right in the kisser!

(Sorry, Robby, couldn't resist LOL)

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 00:00:51 (permalink)
i read the thread of batman and today i have an other conclusion than yesterday...it was the "good" guys flaming him because of his name - and he didnt wanna accept it just because he is a "newbie"...and there you go -- with the old moralizeres telling him a lot of very subjective stuff...

You must not read things well either. No one "flamed" him. He flamed everybody. Including you.

BTW what is your definition of flaming?

I just checked just to be sure that nothing was edited.

Best
John
SongCraft
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 00:09:24 (permalink)
WHOA!!! I read that thread just recently, Batman must've broken every TOS in a matter of seconds within one post, he must've been speeding like a bat out of hell.

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 00:16:27 (permalink)
Normally one would think that would be hard to do. Yet he seemed possessed. On Easter too. LOL

Best
John
Black Pug Studios
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 00:17:53 (permalink)
Holy disgusting forum thread Batman.

Robin! Watch out! THHHHHUD! UGGGHHHHHH!
Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 00:57:26 (permalink)
I am still here. Still standing. I have a body of work that I am proud of. I have based my postings on quality and accuracy.

Please seek immediate medical attention!

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 01:14:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Oaf_Topik

I am still here. Still standing. I have a body of work that I am proud of. I have based my postings on quality and accuracy.

Please seek immediate medical attention!

Why? I know you can't say the same of your work here. Need you be so obnoxious just because you have had so little to contribute?

You crash in make some off the wall comment and go your marry way.

Most of if not all of your posts are of a kind. They add nothing to the body of knowledge of this forum yet you feel elected to weed out all those you deem not to your liking.

You are nothing more then a kibitzer. Standing on the sidelines ranting out your displeasure at those that do things. Add something useful at least once.

Oaf; a proper name for you.
post edited by John - 2008/03/25 02:01:11

Best
John
calaverasgrandes
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1454
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:03:44 (permalink)
hilarious what "songcraft" said, he's one of the most egregious trolls, and the only one I have ever encountered that TELLS YOU he has blocked you. How silly?
Generally when you block you dont want any more contact!
I agree that the tone on these forums has gotten more juvenile lately. Thats why I hang out on pro audio forums more often.

Sonar 7.0.3, Mattel Synsonics, Motu 828MKII (BLA), TC-powercore, Stillwell plugins, Moog MG1, Korg Poly 800, DX27s, Moogerfooger Lowpass, Ovation Magnum, Stingray fretless, Mesa Bass 400, Waldorf Edition, DBA fuzz war, Summit 2BA221, etc
John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:20:31 (permalink)
And now we hear from the peanut gallery.

Best
John
SteveJL
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:27:54 (permalink)

And now we hear from the peanut gallery.

I really wonder about you sometimes, John. Seems calaverasgranges was voicing a valid observation. Is that not allowed? This forum really HAS changed.

Oaf_Topik
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:30:36 (permalink)
Check my join date. I came here when it started. I was in the old Newsgroup before that.

This may have no meaning to you but it has to me. I have seen many come and go. I am still here. Still standing. I have a body of work that I am proud of. I have based my postings on quality and accuracy.
I have striven to contribute to this forum the best possible information I can. I have answered countless posts. Given lots of advice. Advice that I believe is the best I could muster. I have done the best that I could for a very long time. You look at that and belittle it. You stand there and bemoan the fact I have been doing this for years. To you that is meaningless and has no value.

You who joined last year find fault with me for doing my best to contribute as much as I can so you could come in here and do a search and find a post I may have answered. Did it help you with your issue?

You may think it is just fine to belittle what I have given over the years. You may feel that we are all equal here. In a way we are but if ones work means anything at all then that can't be completely true.
I don't ask for anything. I don't want you to have any particular view on me or any other long term member except I ask you to not attack us for holding the fort all these years so you could waltz in and insult us for doing so.

I am getting very tired of the new people feeling it is just fine to belittle the work and time the older members have put in.

We welcome all of you. We thrive on new members. This forum would die if it were not for a constant renewal of the membership. That in no way gives the new members the right to bash, attack or otherwise take liberties with anyone here. To bash those that have been here giving of themselves for a very long time seems both ungrateful and shortsighted.

It is fine to have an objection to a post I may make. It is fine to correct it if needed. I welcome correction. To me the worst thing that can be done is give incorrect information. I count on the entire forum to double check all posts for accuracy. What is not acceptable is finding fault for a view point.
Attacking to cause trouble. None of which is beneficial to the forum or to good order.

I have been enjoying most of your posts. As a rule you seem to be on top of things. Now we have come to logger heads and I a sorry you have to be the one that is getting this post. It really is not meant to you alone it is meant to all those that seem intent on spoiling the record of very dedicated members.

The ramblings of a forum lunatic!

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:37:43 (permalink)
Yes it is me I am just getting fed up with the constant negative postings. Not every thought needs to be expressed. Not all are valid or worth the bytes it takes to present them. I just feel like calling them on it.

I have tried to ignore many. I have tried to be peaceful and not so antagonistic. It has done little to persuade those from there constant ill temper.

Maybe if they get back what they seem bent on dishing out it will stop.

Besides I will defend those that are being stepped on needlessly.

Best
John
John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:40:48 (permalink)

Check my join date. I came here when it started. I was in the old Newsgroup before that.

This may have no meaning to you but it has to me. I have seen many come and go. I am still here. Still standing. I have a body of work that I am proud of. I have based my postings on quality and accuracy.
I have striven to contribute to this forum the best possible information I can. I have answered countless posts. Given lots of advice. Advice that I believe is the best I could muster. I have done the best that I could for a very long time. You look at that and belittle it. You stand there and bemoan the fact I have been doing this for years. To you that is meaningless and has no value.

You who joined last year find fault with me for doing my best to contribute as much as I can so you could come in here and do a search and find a post I may have answered. Did it help you with your issue?

You may think it is just fine to belittle what I have given over the years. You may feel that we are all equal here. In a way we are but if ones work means anything at all then that can't be completely true.
I don't ask for anything. I don't want you to have any particular view on me or any other long term member except I ask you to not attack us for holding the fort all these years so you could waltz in and insult us for doing so.

I am getting very tired of the new people feeling it is just fine to belittle the work and time the older members have put in.

We welcome all of you. We thrive on new members. This forum would die if it were not for a constant renewal of the membership. That in no way gives the new members the right to bash, attack or otherwise take liberties with anyone here. To bash those that have been here giving of themselves for a very long time seems both ungrateful and shortsighted.

It is fine to have an objection to a post I may make. It is fine to correct it if needed. I welcome correction. To me the worst thing that can be done is give incorrect information. I count on the entire forum to double check all posts for accuracy. What is not acceptable is finding fault for a view point.
Attacking to cause trouble. None of which is beneficial to the forum or to good order.

I have been enjoying most of your posts. As a rule you seem to be on top of things. Now we have come to logger heads and I a sorry you have to be the one that is getting this post. It really is not meant to you alone it is meant to all those that seem intent on spoiling the record of very dedicated members.

The ramblings of a forum lunatic!

Another great contribution to the massive body of work our friend the Oaf has so thoughtfully shared with us.

Best
John
Oaf_Topik
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:41:28 (permalink)
Most of if not all of your posts are of a kind. They add nothing to the body of knowledge of this forum yet you feel elected to weed out all those you deem not to your liking.

Read through all my posts, pious John, and you will see that not only is your statement not true, but libelous.

SteveJL
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:45:26 (permalink)
That's pretty good. You're defending a guy who accused me of stalking, harrassing and trolling. Feel free to take a look at my posts in his Hijacked! thread http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1339451 that led him to those accusations and let me know what you think. He was WAY out of line on me, but I cut him a ton of slack and tried to keep it light. But people will see things as they are, and that is a good thing.

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:50:18 (permalink)

Read through all my posts, pious John, and you will see that not only is your statement not true, but libelous.

I would if I could find the ones that had any use to anyone. I can only judge what you present to us. So far it ain't much.

You have already made it plain that you are an Oaf.

Best
John
Oaf_Topik
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:53:12 (permalink)
I have seen many come and go. I am still here.

Just like the cockroach!

John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 03:57:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

That's pretty good. You're defending a guy who accused me of stalking, harrassing and trolling. Feel free to take a look at my posts in his Hijacked! thread http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1339451 that led him to those accusations and let me know what you think. He was WAY out of line on me, but I cut him a ton of slack and tried to keep it light. But people will see things as they are, and that is a good thing.

Perhaps so I am dealing with another issue at the moment. I was waiting for our friend Oaf to show because he is so predictable. I really have no issue with you at all.

I did find that you were defending Batman. I thought that odd. I said so in so many words.

Best
John
John
Forum Host
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:00:36 (permalink)

I have seen many come and go. I am still here.

Just like the cockroach!

I will see see you go too. You will tire of your stupidity and silliness and either grow up or simply leave.

Best
John
Oaf_Topik
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:04:11 (permalink)
I think it's about time you went into the old-folks-motel.

SteveJL
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:11:54 (permalink)

I did find that you were defending Batman. I thought that odd. I said so in so many words.

No, that wasn't me. I stayed out of that issue.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1