Helpful ReplyLockedHave Tried to Be Patient...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:12:55 (permalink)
Fortunately you have no control over such matters. Clearly you are too young either in mind or body to be allowed to be on your own. Its children that sometime get hold of their parents computer and do mischief for no reason other they can.

I only hope that you are not so young that I am not dealing with a prepubescent boy. Then I would have to go a little easier on you. I must say you do make me think that it could be true.

Best
John
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:14:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

ORIGINAL: John

I did find that you were defending Batman. I thought that odd. I said so in so many words.

No, that wasn't me. I stayed out of that issue.

You have my apologies then. Too many Steves in this place.

Best
John
SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 04:56:18 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: calaverasgrandes

hilarious what "songcraft" said, he's one of the most egregious trolls, and the only one I have ever encountered that TELLS YOU he has blocked you. How silly? Generally when you block you dont want any more contact! I agree that the tone on these forums has gotten more juvenile lately. Thats why I hang out on pro audio forums more often.

Clearlly your comment toward me is defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, and harassing! This is a serious violation of the TOS but more so it's a violation of the law. I have warned you in the past, and also you are completely aware that I did not want any further contact from you yet your comment is directed at me, therefor I have reported this and your comment herein will be kept on file. I have also lodged a report to CW staff in regards to this incident.

Please refrain from having any further comments directed at me.

SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 05:13:14 (permalink)
WOW! I really did not think you were gonna get in THAT much trouble. I guess you might want to turn yourself in, just to stay off AMW.

jinga8
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5817
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 05:20:06 (permalink)
Does this stuff HAVE to happen like, every month now? I mean is that a new rule? Simply crazy. EVERYBODY needs to get a grip. Well, that's my contribution to the madness. Have a super day, fellas!

(The Red Sox season opener starts in 40mins from Japan for those of you/us on the east coast, so turn on NESN and log off this darn forum!!!)
SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 05:31:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jinga8

Does this stuff HAVE to happen like, every month now? I mean is that a new rule? Simply crazy. EVERYBODY needs to get a grip. Well, that's my contribution to the madness. Have a super day, fellas!

(The Red Sox season opener starts in 40mins from Japan for those of you/us on the east coast, so turn on NESN and log off this darn forum!!!)

Oh I've dealt with stuff far worse than this, it's no big deal to me. Going back when I was in Australia my boss was police chief in the worse crime rate areas of south western Sydney. I've seen a lot of incidents, it's all just a formality to me, I'm use to it. I just carry on, I ain't going to lose any sleep over it and life goes on beyond these forums.

Yes! I'm sure going to have a super day thanks. :)

OK! I'm Login off right now! LOL!!

gordonrussell76
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1879
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 07:44:10 (permalink)
Your all mad

And this is coming from me, purveyor of quality chutney extrordinaire.

G
Westside Steve
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 794
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 07:51:44 (permalink)
Seems like a pretty mild place to me.
Plenty of guys who can and do help and very little rancor.

I'm thinking some kind of monatstery might be a good home for poor old Papa.
WSS
Michael Garrison
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 08:57:22 (permalink)
+1
Correct me if I'm wrong ladies and gents. But did'nt papa do this a couple of years back?
Jus' wonderin'.....
post edited by Michael Garrison - 2008/03/25 09:16:52

"PhungkChild"
Catch me at www.drocksterphungk.com

AMD Athlon XP 2400
1 gigoRAM
40 GB HD 2x
M-Audio 2496 card
Behringer UB802
Radium 61/Korg padKontrol
Sonar7PE/Project 5.2/Reasons3/Ableton6/Kinetic2
papa2004
Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6475
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 09:31:33 (permalink)

To set the record straight, the Holy****Batman thread didn't lead me to considering my exit from here (which I seem to keep delaying because I actually care about this place and what it used to offer).

ORIGINAL: Westside Steve

Seems like a pretty mild place to me.
Plenty of guys who can and do help and very little rancor.

I've offered quite a bit of help in the past. I've also gotten quite a bit of help in the past. Any "rancor" on my part has been directed to users who constantly insist they're not technically "doing something wrong"
so it must be a Sonar/Cakewalk issue.

WSS

If I was ready to completely retire I'd choose a cemetary instead of a (I presume you meant) monastery. I may be old (and I'm not poor) but I'm not deaf so why the bold print to emphasize every word in your statements?

There have been times I've given honest critiques of members' music that has been posted on sites like soundclick.com (when asked) only to be "trashed" for giving my opinion. I have also been "trashed" because I don't have a soundclick.com page listed in my signature.

To each his own, I suppose. I have no reason to post my productions on that website. I've been doing studio work for many years (long before DAW's were available) so I don't need the "ego boost". I get my satisfaction from hearing my finished projects (and, sometimes, receiving the checks from the clients).

Think what you wish about me, I really don't care. I've done work for radio, television and major-label artists. I have the awards & liner note credits. I've truly tried to share the little bit of knowledge that I have but there are too many who don't have a clue because they're just too lazy to read manuals or help files.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Papa
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 09:33:42 (permalink)
please stay
papa2004
Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6475
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 09:37:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

please stay

You may have saved my life. Thank you!

Regards,
Papa
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 09:39:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

please stay

Big +1

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Westside Steve
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 794
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 10:12:11 (permalink)
quote:

WSS

If I was ready to completely retire I'd choose a cemetary instead of a (I presume you meant) monastery. I may be old (and I'm not poor) but I'm not deaf so why the bold print to emphasize every word in your statements?

I like bold.
So?
And ya got me. That was a typo.
I meant monastery of course.
You know, where monks hang out unoffended by the wicked world.

First was that a Victor Spinetti quote about the awards?

As I see it, it's a lot easier for guys to ask a seemingly dumb question than read and comprehend a fairly detailed and often confusing manual.
There are folks who understand this stuff a lot better than I do.

You ever try to learn a card game from the Hoyle book?
Lot's easier to sit down with guys who play.

But again I don't personally see the big problems on this forum
and that's all I was saying.
WSS

post edited by Westside Steve - 2008/03/25 10:31:09
OldGeezer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 12:15:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: John

blah blah blah......Not every thought needs to be expressed...blah blah blah

Execpt your every thought of course, eh Captain Banal?

And Papa, why don't you either leave or stay and shut your piehole about leaving? The "I'm leaving" dramas are as pointless, OT and a waste of forum bandwidth as any other kind of thread, so you're as guilty as anyone else of making pointless posts. What goes through the minds of people who post that they're leaving? Do they think "That's it, I'm gonna say I'm leaving, and then Cakewalk will finally see that something needs to be done"? It's been tried a year or two ago when a bunch of self-important members who expected things just so in here threatened to leave if cakewalk didn't do something about the babylon this hellish place has become and showed that Cakewalk doesn't care if a handful of uptight members don't approve of the way others behave in here...nor should they. This place is where musicians (both pro and noob) come, not sunday congregations. Those who left in that mass exodus really weren't missed that I know of, and the place never fell apart...there were just a few less whiney "why can't people be nice like me" threads for a while, and other than that it's been business as usual in the Sonar Forums...just like it will be if and when you leave.

But I do admit these goodbye-cruel-world threads are amusing, heh heh.
post edited by OldGeezer - 2008/03/25 12:36:24
Black Pug Studios
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 12:39:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Westside Steve

I like bold.
So?

WSS, no offense man, but it's hard for people to read a post typed all in bold! It is also considered somewhat rude for one to do so. Generally bold is used to emphasize a point, such as I have, above from your quote. If you want people to take you seriously, quit being a rebal wannabe, like all the other punks out there.
vespesian
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 12:47:25 (permalink)
Wow - you guys - big picture - it's a forum - chill.....

You're in an amazing state.

So stay there.

Black Pug Studios
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 12:55:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: vespesian

Wow - you guys - big picture - it's a forum - chill.....

That's it. It used to be more then just another forum.
Boogie
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2106
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 13:27:38 (permalink)
Of all the negative things I read on this forum (which I still value as a useful information source) it's the whining about how things are here that bugs me the most. These are the only type of OT threads I feel compelled to comment in. These dramatic internet suicides serve only to make me laugh.

Folks, grow a thicker skin, ignore what you don't like and if you hate it here so much that you can't bear to stay, don't make a big deal about it; it makes you look like a bit of a sniveling crybaby if you ask me.

(You probably didn't ask me, but there you have it anyway.)

post edited by Boogie - 2008/03/25 13:50:26

xohol
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 342
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 13:41:22 (permalink)
im a devout sonar user.
try this forum:

http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/

much more professional environment, overall. (in regards to every post is actually about audio)
post edited by xohol - 2008/03/25 14:02:29
Tom F
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2749
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 13:56:13 (permalink)
well since you are starting calling me moron...i might just object that i have no reason to not use my email adress as username, because i am not so paranoid to believe that this could be of any disadvantage for me...or should i be afraid of you blackmailing me , or will you find out where i live and come to punch my face?? whats your point man? what are you scared of?
surely you must be a million dollar producer and people would suck you no, 1 hits from your hardrive before you release them, isnt it?
probably you waste your time here because you live from your royalties - and all thanks to the good old forum family that led you to the ultimate production technique....so no i understand your deep concern....cheeeeeeers
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:06:22 (permalink)
SERENITY NOW!!

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
Tom F
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:13:52 (permalink)
hi john - seriously - i think you are a cool guy because you try to post a lot of answers here - and i appreciate that you already helped me a few times...all this would also result in a discomfort of mine if you would leave the forum - but this is because we already had a "sort of" personal communication here...also would i try to help you if i had infos relevant for you...
but why would you expect new users joining the "drama" of papas "leaving" - thats just toooo melodrammatic. i never read abot papa in the last months so for me he is no leading figure in the forum like you...and i dont think that as a newer user i have a duty to learn forum history in order to praise the "ancient ones" and that is what i wanted to express - which i think many others would agree with...

i just think that your approach to the forum is a bit exagerated - you did a lot - but how could you consider this "building" something...you just shared infos with many different people some nice, some not - so there is no "big picture" about this in my opinion...

its like a cat hunting ots own tail - someone always comes up with some off topic moral stuff and how things have to be and so on...and since i am also a bit hyperactive i also join and say my thing... probably i would not start those issues myself...because i feel no need for it...

so we could also just speak about sonar...it would alright too...

cheers
Tom F
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:16:46 (permalink)
thanks for the wise words
Black Pug Studios
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:22:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: info@tomflair.com

well since you are starting calling me moron...i might just object that i have no reason to not use my email adress as username, because i am not so paranoid to believe that this could be of any disadvantage for me...or should i be afraid of you blackmailing me , or will you find out where i live and come to punch my face?? whats your point man? what are you scared of?
surely you must be a million dollar producer and people would suck you no, 1 hits from your hardrive before you release them, isnt it?
probably you waste your time here because you live from your royalties - and all thanks to the good old forum family that led you to the ultimate production technique....so no i understand your deep concern....cheeeeeeers

Well Lucas, I see you waited for the right time to respond. I didn't call you a moron......I called you a rocket scientist. I was offended by you taking sides with Batman, who decided to say what he said on Easter. I thought that you supporting that was in very poor taste. So I said what I said. Afterall, using profane language is against the rules right? Why would you take sides of Batman, when people were trying to warn him that his username was offensive and against the rules. I've also noticed about you that you only pop in occasionaly to support the antagonists here. Do you have a hard time reaching your own conclusions?

And no, I don't care to stalk you or anything. But, all someone has to do is do a quick whois on your domain to get some info about you. With that, my opinion of using your email as a username still stands.
Tom F
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:31:07 (permalink)
hi...well you might be right with the whois stuff - but i dont expect people to send me dogpoo....(hopefully)
you are only partially right saying that i only support antagonists...i also try to so some tech stuff here -

maybe its just a matter of mood - i got some quick temper sometimes - and i generally dont like it when people start to "preach" (whatever it is)
i think that if some people feel offeneded they just should ban the offender or reply once that he is a sucker...but not the whole "conversion to a good human being" stuff...feels like the crusade of the moral majority sometimes - dont you think?
actually i dont believe that the so called "good" guys can reeducate the evil ones - so why keep they trying ....

so i wish you a nice day - and maybe try to ask me a question about sonar - who knows maybe i got a helpful answer, since i did quita a lot of "sonar studying" this days..

cheers
DaneStewart
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 717
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:43:18 (permalink)
robby.....

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!

To thine own self be true. ~TheDane
Black Pug Studios
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 14:50:08 (permalink)
Well, I, like you, can have a quick temper as well. Growing up on the streets, I am also defensive and don't like to be pushed around. At least that's how I survived anyways. I am also a big proponant of ignoring posts you don't like, but Batman really bothered me. I felt like I was reading the devils words....on Easter. Anyhow, I appreciate your post and maybe there is hope for all of us. One of the best things about Cake has always been this forum. Yes, there are some people that get defensive about that and would like some respect for what they have given over the years only to get abused by some low class people. I agree, both sides will have to bend a little.

There has never been Mods here to keep piece, so people have had to self police over the years. This is the common respect point ALL need to try to reach so we ALL can keep learning AND teaching this wonderful DAW software.
xohol
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 342
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 15:00:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Black Pug Studios

Well, I, like you, can have a quick temper as well. Growing up on the streets, I am also defensive and don't like to be pushed around. At least that's how I survived anyways. I am also a big proponant of ignoring posts you don't like, but Batman really bothered me. I felt like I was reading the devils words....on Easter. Anyhow, I appreciate your post and maybe there is hope for all of us. One of the best things about Cake has always been this forum. Yes, there are some people that get defensive about that and would like some respect for what they have given over the years only to get abused by some low class people. I agree, both sides will have to bend a little.

you should take what you just wrote and use that as song lyrics (im hearing a rap style here), recorded in sonar of course, remember to keep a good gain stage.
then export a mp3 from sonar and post it back here.
post edited by xohol - 2008/03/25 15:19:02
Barrel
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/25 15:03:29 (permalink)
These dramatic internet suicides serve only to make me laugh.

+1
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1