Helpful ReplyLockedHello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018]

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 30
Author
stxx
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 15:11:15 (permalink)
Thank you!!!!!!!

Sonar Platinum, RME UFX, UAD 2, Waves, Soundtoys, Fronteir Alphatrack, X-Touch as Contl Srfc,  , Console 1, Sweetwater Creation Station Quad Core Win 8.1, Mackie 824, KRK RP5, AKG 240 MKII, Samson C-Control, Sennheiser, Blue,  AKG, RODE,  UA, Grace, Focusrite, Audient, Midas, ART

Song Portfolio:
https://soundcloud.com/allen-lind/sets/oth-short
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 15:20:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Kamikaze 2018/02/27 15:25:21
Kamikaze
michael diemer

Regarding staff view/notation: I use staff view heavily, and there is one thing that is a must for any such feature, whether an improved staff view or integration with another product: navigation and selection MUST allow for "infinite" scrolling and selecting in the vertical and horizontal planes. I tried Cubase, and was shocked to discover that I could only select notes in the bars showing in the current view. Unlike Sonar, once you get to the right edge, you stop. you cannot select notes or measures beyond that.

I haven't installed Overture yet to see how that scrolls, but I guessing they'd return to him if the deal he presented before was as well received by Cakewalk as he said. So I'd suspect it would run in similar ways, At least if overture does, voicing your opinion would be receiving a like minding reception from him.

I have Overture 5, and there is an option for 'Linear view', that has no page breaks and scrolls horizontally.  I can scroll and select anywhere across the score.  The cool thing about this is that you can split the screen (upper/lower) with a Piano Roll Editor.  Very much looks like Sonar in this mode.  But better! 

The Overture traditional horizontal and vertical views are paginated and a single selection appears to be limited to select within any single page, no scrolling across page borders. But you can do multiple selects across multiple pages with 'Ctrl-click' to achieve a complete selection.  Or just switch to 'Linear view'.

If Don and the Cakewalk devs already had a working plan to integrate this into Sonar, I would say go for it!

I also have Notion 6, and that is pretty slick for what it does, but the lack of a real MIDI editor built-in is a drawback.  It does export to MIDI, or transfer data to/from Studio One, but that is not the same as having an integrated notation view in your DAW.

Using Overture 5 is like having a standalone MIDI sequencer and editing tool, with an excellent notation program built-in!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 15:57:30 (permalink)
jamesmckee
As a long time user of Sonar I am very pleased to see some company sees the value in this product. I stopped with Sonar X3 Producer as the subscription model did not sit well with me. I have had not one problem with X3 migrating to windows 10 and look forward to see what's next from Cakewalk and BandLab. Cheers to all!

And exactly what problem did you have with the fact you could buy an upgrade outright, in exactly the same way you could have done in the previous 20+ years?
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 17:47:08 (permalink)
RajahP
So when will the store be open again... And what will the 'upgrade' option to buy be like?

BandLab hasn't announced that yet. I suspect there are serious legal documents to get set correctly before they can. I also don't think the Cakewalk Store will actually open again, though I'm reading between the lines and not really anything concrete. I would expect the products to open in a new shop once all the work to update all of the trademark and registered names is done. I should note BandLab has not stated which of the products will still be products going forward, only that there is a flagship DAW that we will have the opportunity to cross-grade over to.

One thing made pretty clear in meng's posts is that the current users will be given this cross-grade option for no cost.

RajahP
Or did I miss something?

No, I don't think so. Except maybe the cross-grade offer.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
abacab
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 18:01:47 (permalink)
SandlinJohn
RajahP
So when will the store be open again... And what will the 'upgrade' option to buy be like?

I also don't think the Cakewalk Store will actually open again, though I'm reading between the lines and not really anything concrete. I would expect the products to open in a new shop once all the work to update all of the trademark and registered names is done.

That's probably quite true, as the Cakewalk company does not exist anymore.  It's probably too soon to expect all the details on what Bandlab will offer. 

But before that could happen, at the very least I would expect to see:

1. New trademarks and brand names for any offered products.

2. A functional support structure for any legacy Cakewalk products sold through a new store.  I think anything offered for sale would be expected to have some customer and tech support.  That will probably have to be built up from a clean slate, based on what offerings are made.

We'll just have to wait and see.  No point in rushing things, especially considering what we have now still works (as is) as good as when Gibson owned it.  So there are really no downsides to the new ownership! 

Mad_Musicologist
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 18:10:12 (permalink)
Great to see that Cakewalk and Sonar will live on.
Thanks to BandLab for taking care of a great DAW software.
Hoping to learn soon more on what BandLab is up to in development, in update subscription, and a time line what will come up when (approximatively, of course).
Wishing you all success, and hoping the "bakers crew" will be on board again.
scottcmusic
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 20:24:25 (permalink)
Let's make music!

Wooooooo ...

it appears i've fallen off the tune-wagon yet again ...

| scott c
http://scottcmusic.com/
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/scottc
https://soundcloud.com/scott-cmusic
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 20:28:35 (permalink)
abacab
Kamikaze
michael diemer

Regarding staff view/notation: I use staff view heavily, and there is one thing that is a must for any such feature, whether an improved staff view or integration with another product: navigation and selection MUST allow for "infinite" scrolling and selecting in the vertical and horizontal planes. I tried Cubase, and was shocked to discover that I could only select notes in the bars showing in the current view. Unlike Sonar, once you get to the right edge, you stop. you cannot select notes or measures beyond that.

I haven't installed Overture yet to see how that scrolls, but I guessing they'd return to him if the deal he presented before was as well received by Cakewalk as he said. So I'd suspect it would run in similar ways, At least if overture does, voicing your opinion would be receiving a like minding reception from him.

I have Overture 5, and there is an option for 'Linear view', that has no page breaks and scrolls horizontally.  I can scroll and select anywhere across the score.  The cool thing about this is that you can split the screen (upper/lower) with a Piano Roll Editor.  Very much looks like Sonar in this mode.  But better! 

The Overture traditional horizontal and vertical views are paginated and a single selection appears to be limited to select within any single page, no scrolling across page borders. But you can do multiple selects across multiple pages with 'Ctrl-click' to achieve a complete selection.  Or just switch to 'Linear view'.

If Don and the Cakewalk devs already had a working plan to integrate this into Sonar, I would say go for it!

I also have Notion 6, and that is pretty slick for what it does, but the lack of a real MIDI editor built-in is a drawback.  It does export to MIDI, or transfer data to/from Studio One, but that is not the same as having an integrated notation view in your DAW.

Using Overture 5 is like having a standalone MIDI sequencer and editing tool, with an excellent notation program built-in!

Thanks for this info on Overture, abacab. The linear view sounds like it would work for me, as long as I can have any number of instruments on screen, can scroll horizontally the entire piece, as well as select horizontally as far as I need to.  From what you said it appears this is the case.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Gene Angel
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 20:30:12 (permalink)
Karyn
RajahP

Or did I miss something?

You probably missed something.  Meng said in the OP that their intension is for all owners of Sonar (any version) to have a free of charge migration path to the new "Sonar by BandLab"  (or whatever it will be called).
I'm guessing the first version will be exactly the same as the current version but with all the branding and copyright notices, etc. changed, as that would be the most logical method for a seamless transition.

Than I take it that I will be able to upgrade my Sonar 8.5 producer to whatever the new version will be. This is great I was to get the latest version this past Christmas, and we all know what happened. So looks like I will still be able to get it at some point.

Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 20:50:56 (permalink)
Gene Angel
Karyn
RajahP

Or did I miss something?

You probably missed something.  Meng said in the OP that their intension is for all owners of Sonar (any version) to have a free of charge migration path to the new "Sonar by BandLab"  (or whatever it will be called).
I'm guessing the first version will be exactly the same as the current version but with all the branding and copyright notices, etc. changed, as that would be the most logical method for a seamless transition.

Than I take it that I will be able to upgrade my Sonar 8.5 producer to whatever the new version will be. Is this correct?

None of us (including Hosts) know anything beyond what Meng has posted both here and in the BandLab blog.
He said the aim is for a free transition to the new version for all current Sonar owners of any version.
Read what you will into that, but try not to speculate too much until we know more.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

abacab
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 20:53:51 (permalink)
michael diemer

Thanks for this info on Overture, abacab. The linear view sounds like it would work for me, as long as I can have any number of instruments on screen, can scroll horizontally the entire piece, as well as select horizontally as far as I need to.  From what you said it appears this is the case.

From what I can see, the answer is yes, yes, and yes.  You can try the demo here >> https://sonicscores.com/downloads/

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 21:39:50 (permalink)
InstrEd
I wonder how much Noel would get for his Coffee Mug if he put it up for auction on EBAY

Haha its a vintage 12 tone systems cup. It has that analog flavor from all the years of use :)
I actually have something more valuable - a 12 tone systems t-shirt from 1994!

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
doncolga
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1519
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 21:40:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/03/02 14:38:29
This is great news!  Very happy to hear this!

HP Z220 Workstation I7 3770, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Multiface II via PCIe, JBL 4326 w/sub, AvanTone MixCubes
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 21:51:02 (permalink)
InstrEd
I wonder how much Noel would get for his Coffee Mug if he put it up for auction on EBAY

Haha its a vintage 12 tone systems cup. It has that analog flavor from all the years of use :)

And here I was ready to bid for it :)

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

Syphus
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/27 22:50:18 (permalink)
HaHa - I believe I have (Still!), the original dos 5" floppy disk from my first version of cakewalk....

And maybe the manual that Greg H sent me . . .   I'll get around to finding it someday. . .  LOL

Syphus
SONARtist
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 599
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 00:25:04 (permalink)
Congratulations and thank you.  Also for hiring Mr. Borthwick and Mr. Staton.  Hopefully more ex-Cakewalk developers will join you.
From a very longtime and loyal user.

Sonar Platinum
(previously Cakewalk for DOS & all Pro Audio | All Sonars Professional & Producer)
ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe / Intel HexaCore i7-3930K / 32 GB RAM
240 GB SSD / 2x 1TB SSD + 4TB SSD / 4TB NAS / Matrox ExtIO F1220 RGU & Dual 24" Mons / Win7 x64 SP1
SSL Alphalink/MADI Xtreme FO System / Genelec 5.1 Surround
Multitude of external gear, SI's & PlugIns
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 00:44:41 (permalink)
abacab
michael diemer

From what I can see, the answer is yes, yes, and yes.  You can try the demo here >> https://sonicscores.com/downloads/

Also, it goes without saying that changes made in the notation view, translate instantly into changes in the sound/midi files. In keeping with using it as an editing tool. For me, that is the important thing. If it also is decent as notation, that's a bonus.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 00:45:04 (permalink)
Syphus
HaHa - I believe I have (Still!), the original dos 5" floppy disk from my first version of cakewalk....

And maybe the manual that Greg H sent me . . .   I'll get around to finding it someday. . .  LOL

Syphus

I know I have my original 5 1/4" floppy for Cakewalk 2.0. That's it at the top of the pile in my profile picture. It was a "Bundled Version" of Cakewalk 2.0. I'm not sure if there was actually anything different about it. I registered it and have been intermittently upgrading ever since.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
Geo524
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 02:02:24 (permalink)
No hate here either. I bought into the Samplitude Pro x3 Suite deal and IMHO it is a fantastic DAW! That said I can't wait to see what lies ahead with Sonar. 

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 
http://www.radiosparx.com/georgeandmarguerite

Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 02:18:55 (permalink)
InstrEd

Noel,

Where are all of the extra coffee mugs that were tossed in the closet!  I have been asking for one for several years now and still haven't seen one.  Now that Cakewalk is,... Gone ( ), I was wondering if you'd be wiling to re-open that box of coffee mugs and pass a few around.

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
kday
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 13:27:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AlanPerkins 2018/02/28 21:43:46
Cactus Music
xiwix
Cactus Music
Just logged on to the Bandlab site-- It's everything I would hate about a "music" site. Defiantly not aimed at us old farts.  Oh well. as long as they keep our server running that's all that really matters. 

I see a new community there already . . . "Grumpy Old Sonar Users"

Ha Ha, well I'm just being honest about my reaction to their web site. And not really grumpy about it because as I said, at this point as long as the version of Sonar I have continues to work for as long as possible I don't really care what this company does to it.  From the web site my hopes that the "New DAW" would be to my liking were dashed. I only see a DAW with yet more features aimed at "none Musicians" to create "music??".   

And I totally realize that people like me who started with tape based recording and have used midi since it first showed as a little serial adapter are not a growth market for DAW's. In another 15 years we will mostly be out of the picture.  Real musicians and engineers are a dying breed. Today's music creators use loops and want everything spoon fed to them. The company that figures all this out will make money and have a nice little App you purchase for $14 in the Apple store or Google Play. 

A lot of us have stayed loyal to Sonar because they seemed to have stayed loyal to us. Sonar has been the perfect blend of a multi track Tape recorder and midi sequencing for me. Rack loads of effects and more ( usable)  included instruments than any other DAW.  As many of us have said. At this point if they could only make it just a little more stable it would be the worlds most perfect DAW ever. Whether they could make a profit off of that product no one would really know until they tried it.

Here hoping they do the "right" thing and just touch up Sonar a little bit and carry on. I think there's a lot of loyalty to Sonar as it is and it certainly would make most of us super happy to just carry on. 

Cactus Music

You sound so pessimistic and bitter.

I mean who cares that you are personally dissatisfied with Bandlab, that you need to print your frustrations here, where that particular site wasn't being promoted? You could have kept that to yourself. The way I look at it is, here is a great company taking over the drivers seat for the great Sonar DAW product, and your contribution here is to tell us how much you hate the format of the parent company's music site ?

Utterly ridiculous. It's like you come here to put a black eye in the game. Then you end you rant by saying "Oh well. as long as they keep our server running that's all that really matters." Really?

You act as if you're some dude on a high horse, with people being somehow strictly obligated to bow down to kiss your shoes in their work for you?

You would think a wiser man would have promoted the parent company's website at minimum, even if they didn't like it, let others judge and off topic website for themselves. Just for the fact that Sonar is apart of that company now, and we all desperately want the company to succeed at all levels to ensure continued success with newly acquired Sonar product. That way, more business can be generated and possibly ensure an even better and brighter future for the company and the Cakewalk Sonar Program in general as things get better and from good support in general.
JonC
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 14:45:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ttoz 2018/03/02 14:40:02
Just stopping by to say thank you for keeping Cakewalk/Sonar alive.  It's been my go-to daw since the DOS days of 1994, and I have always tried to keep up with the latest version as it just gets better and better.  Currently I'm using Sonar Platinum on Win 10 for writing, arranging, recording, producing & mixing electronic & pop music together with NI Maschine and a few external analog synths (moog/dave smith) and drum machine (roland tr909).  I'm excited about the future possibility of using Sonar on macOs.  I hope this feedback is helpful and I wish you the best of luck!
Phoen1xPJ
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 15:51:47 (permalink)
This thread has had almost 26,000 views! Is that some kinda record?

Yours With a Song,
Phoen1x

Wayfarer Station Micro Studio including:
*new* Cakewalk by BandLab
Intel Core i5 quad core 3.10 GHz
ASUStek P8B75-M mobo
32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB vid card
(2) 1 TB HD & (1) 500 GB HD
*new* Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Echo Layla 24 PCI audio interface (faster than USB!)
Tascam US-224 control surface (with jog/shuttle wheel, impossible to find elsewhere)
MIDIMan 2X2 MIDI interface
...not bleeding edge but vintage rockin' 

http://verticalalignment.rocks/

rsbkeys
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 16:01:56 (permalink)
This is welcome news if somewhat late for me having recently purchased Studio One Pro.  Interestingly though as similar as most DAW's are to each other now days, seeing the features and functions of another system up close has piqued my interest in other ways of doing things.  Perhaps others like myself who had hoped for a continuation of Sonar but moved elsewhere (at least temporarily) will have fresh ideas and suggestions for future development and continued leadership by Sonar in this very dynamic industry.

Thanks so much for saving a program that I have used since the days of Cakewalk for DOS! (I think I just dated myself).
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 16:04:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2018/02/28 16:25:09
Phoen1xPJ
This thread has had almost 26,000 views! Is that some kinda record?

Sadly not
There's a thread in the Coffee House with 55295886 and 65111 replies and 2171 pages

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 16:08:43 (permalink)
I think different people deal with the news in varying different ways. I am happy Meng has acquired Cakewalk or is in the process of acquiring Cakewalk.

I will admit I am still apprehensive about uploading stems to some online cloud type of storage. Then I realized I use Google drive and One drive all the time, so why not?

Maybe others are different. When I take on a change I go in stages. 1st stage is apprehension. 2nd stage is a kind of queasy acceptance. 3rd stage is the testing phase. I try to give my reactions some time to settle and see if the changes help my way of working, or at the very least don't interfere with it. Software is a constant flux of updates and changes. Some we notice and some we don't. My experiences with Sonar have been positive for the most part with only brief exceptions to that. My expectation is to be able to load the product and make music using it as a recording/mixing/sometimes editing tool.

In that regard I have full confidence that none of that will be taken away and that additional capability will likely be added to this.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 16:58:09 (permalink)
kday
Cactus Music
xiwix
Cactus Music
Just logged on to the Bandlab site-- It's everything I would hate about a "music" site. Defiantly not aimed at us old farts.  Oh well. as long as they keep our server running that's all that really matters. 

I see a new community there already . . . "Grumpy Old Sonar Users"

Ha Ha, well I'm just being honest about my reaction to their web site. And not really grumpy about it because as I said, at this point as long as the version of Sonar I have continues to work for as long as possible I don't really care what this company does to it.  From the web site my hopes that the "New DAW" would be to my liking were dashed. I only see a DAW with yet more features aimed at "none Musicians" to create "music??".   

And I totally realize that people like me who started with tape based recording and have used midi since it first showed as a little serial adapter are not a growth market for DAW's. In another 15 years we will mostly be out of the picture.  Real musicians and engineers are a dying breed. Today's music creators use loops and want everything spoon fed to them. The company that figures all this out will make money and have a nice little App you purchase for $14 in the Apple store or Google Play. 

A lot of us have stayed loyal to Sonar because they seemed to have stayed loyal to us. Sonar has been the perfect blend of a multi track Tape recorder and midi sequencing for me. Rack loads of effects and more ( usable)  included instruments than any other DAW.  As many of us have said. At this point if they could only make it just a little more stable it would be the worlds most perfect DAW ever. Whether they could make a profit off of that product no one would really know until they tried it.

Here hoping they do the "right" thing and just touch up Sonar a little bit and carry on. I think there's a lot of loyalty to Sonar as it is and it certainly would make most of us super happy to just carry on. 

Cactus Music

You sound so pessimistic and bitter.

I mean who cares that you are personally dissatisfied with Bandlab, that you need to print your frustrations here, where that particular site wasn't being promoted? You could have kept that to yourself. The way I look at it is, here is a great company taking over the drivers seat for the great Sonar DAW product, and your contribution here is to tell us how much you hate the format of the parent company's music site ?

Utterly ridiculous. It's like you come here to put a black eye in the game. Then you end you rant by saying "Oh well. as long as they keep our server running that's all that really matters." Really?

You act as if you're some dude on a high horse, with people being somehow strictly obligated to bow down to kiss your shoes in their work for you?

You would think a wiser man would have promoted the parent company's website at minimum, even if they didn't like it, let others judge and off topic website for themselves. Just for the fact that Sonar is apart of that company now, and we all desperately want the company to succeed at all levels to ensure continued success with newly acquired Sonar product. That way, more business can be generated and possibly ensure an even better and brighter future for the company and the Cakewalk Sonar Program in general as things get better and from good support in general.

So being honest is somehow evil? 
He has contributed more to this forum and CW than you could even begin to imagine. He spoke his mind. Did not bash or curse or use terrible words. 
Really a sad post there Pal. I am sure that Bandlab appreciates all the posts, positive or negative. 

telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 17:25:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Skyline_UK 2018/02/28 20:16:54
Please don't sully this thread with squabbling. Besides being poor form, the chances of anything good coming from it are slim to nil. If you must continue, do us all a solid and take to PM or the Coffee House.
Andy3252
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 19:54:20 (permalink)
Welcome and Thank You for believing, like we do, that Sonar is too good to lose.

You never know until you Try
-----------  -----------
Scan 3XS Studio System i7-5930K @ 4.38GHz, 64GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, SONAR Plat., Komplete 10, Garritan IO & PO5, EZ Keys & Superior Drummer2, iZotope Iris 2, Serum, Spire, SynthMaster 2.8, Dune 2, Ableton Live 9.6 (Sometimes), Samplitude Pro X2 (Sometimes), Mackie CR4 Monitors, Impluse 49, Launchkey 25 MkII, Launchpad MkII, LPK25, M-Audio Mini32, plus no talent, but trying.
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/02/28 20:01:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby telecharge 2018/02/28 20:12:37
Yes I read that reply, and that is why I won't respond. I feel no need to. I am not grumpy about this at all. If you knew me you would realize that's not even possible... It's all good. Lets carry on with the good news folks. 

I was actually always optimistic that Sonar would not die.. Anyone reading this forum for the last 3 months would have seen my "Don't Panic" avatar  :) 

I think a year from now we will have the best " DAW ever. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1