Helpful ReplyLockedHello from BandLab [Updated 21/3/2018]

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 30
Author
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 17:52:08 (permalink)
paulo
Zargg
paulo
Zargg
cparmerlee
Karyn
As it is for a lot of people,  which is why we fought so hard to stop people calling what we had a "subscription",  it wasn't, it was a payment plan.  There's a BIG difference.

It was a subscription plan.  If you didn't keep paying, you got no fixes or support.  If you wanted to resume the subscription, you had to make catch-up payments.

But I don't care what you want to call it.  Makes no difference to me.  If Bandlab comes up with a similar scheme (no matter what you try to call it), I'm not buying.

WRONG!!!!!!!

Shouldn't this post be removed?

Why???
It's my opinion of your mistake, regarding subscriptions.
I know you'll keep whining about it being a subscription, even if it's not, so I'll stop now.
PS. I only noticed this post as you were quoting Karyn You're on my blocked list... And will still be there ,blocked, no matter where this adventure brings us.
Tata

I'm not whining about anything. It was just said by a moderator that further posts about subscription would be removed, so I just wondered why it wasn't. That's all.

You were one of those pushing the "subscription" status all the way.
One of the reasons I've blocked you.
I answer, because I'm following this thread with excitement.
You make it less exciting

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

berlymahn
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:04:50 (permalink)
Love my Sonar Platinum.....does wonderful things!

So, no concerns with what you call it, and best wishes to you for much success in taking a great product and continuing to run with it!

Best,
Jim

Jim Wim  
On Soundcloud as: Dammit Eugene / Scenic Mental Detours / Narrow Now
https://soundcloud.com/dammit-eugene/tracks
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:07:48 (permalink)
Zargg
paulo
Zargg
paulo
Zargg
cparmerlee
Karyn
As it is for a lot of people,  which is why we fought so hard to stop people calling what we had a "subscription",  it wasn't, it was a payment plan.  There's a BIG difference.

It was a subscription plan.  If you didn't keep paying, you got no fixes or support.  If you wanted to resume the subscription, you had to make catch-up payments.

But I don't care what you want to call it.  Makes no difference to me.  If Bandlab comes up with a similar scheme (no matter what you try to call it), I'm not buying.

WRONG!!!!!!!

Why???
I know you'll keep whining about it being a subscription, even if it's not, so I'll stop now.
PS. I only noticed this post as you were quoting Karyn You're on my blocked list... And will still be there ,blocked, no matter where this adventure brings us.
Tata

I'm not whining about anything. It was just said by a moderator that further posts about subscription would be removed, so I just wondered why it wasn't. That's all.

Really? When was that then? I think you have the wrong person.

As for blocking - I think you may have confused me with someone who cares.

Funny though, I would have thought that you'd have developed a thicker skin being up there in the cold and that all the time. Oh well.....

Tell you what, I'll send you a self portrait so you can throw snowballs at me when you get angry. (No hiding rocks in them, ok? - I'm being a good sport here)

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:18:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby michael diemer 2018/03/05 21:02:39
OK guys why not pull this back on track? This is a good thing !! If this>then that doesn't apply here. Because THAT no longer exists.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:19:22 (permalink)
paulo
Zargg
paulo
Zargg
paulo
Zargg
cparmerlee
Karyn

WRONG!!!!!!!

Why???
Tata

Really? When was that then? I think you have the wrong person.

As for blocking - I think you may have confused me with someone who cares.

Funny though, I would have thought that you'd have developed a thicker skin being up there in the cold and that all the time. Oh well.....

Tell you what, I'll send you a self portrait so you can throw snowballs at me when you get angry. (No hiding rocks in them, ok? - I'm being a good sport here)

Nothing personal. '
I just don't want to spend more energy where it's not useful.
This was not the thread that made me block you. That was a long time ago.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:23:23 (permalink)
Come on guys keep it on track, this is about Bandlab saying Hello not about how we paid for SONAR.

If we can not keep it on track it will get locked and all those off topic comments will get deleted.

Thanks

Wooks

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:36:53 (permalink)
Wookiee
Come on guys keep it on track, this is about Bandlab saying Hello not about how we paid for SONAR.

I concur. 

Meng - I apologise on behalf of our brother in the north who seems a little cranky today and for my part in not making allowances for the fact that he spends most of the year just trying to keep his nadgers warm. That's got to make a chap a bit testy and I should have know better than to engage with an angry man with a frozen gentleman's area.

Now stop reading all this nonsense and get back to making the new release happen.
Lanceindastudio
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4604
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 18:48:04 (permalink)
Meng for president! :)

Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS Motherboard   
i7 3770k CPU
32 gigs RAM
Presonus AudioBox iTwo
Windows 10 64 bit, SONAR PLATINUM 64 bit
Lots of plugins and softsynths and one shot samples, loops
Gauge ECM-87, MCA SP-1, Alesis AM51
Presonus Eureka
Mackie HR824's and matching subwoofer
stevetrusty11
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 19:22:08 (permalink)
Frank Harvey
stevetrusty11
First all. Thank you for what you are doing. Long time sonar user here.
I’ve downloaded bandlab to my iPhone. I uploaded my song from iTunes. I’m still learning my way around.
I uploaded a song mixed in splat and mastered in the box using izotope. I’m still understanding how this “collaborating” works with music I want to “expose”.
For what it’s worth I provided a link. Please tell me what you think!? Thanks and sorry if this should be posted elsewhere. Just hoped others were downloading as well.

Looking forward to what the future holds with both Sonar and bandlab. Loving the idea of being able to basically use a “handoff” feature to any platform via phone, desktop, tablet.

https://www.bandlab.com/r...e811-80c3-00155d60d108

Listened twice ... COOL ....Quite a remarkable sound and production ... good luck with future work .

I appreciate that a lot. One man show. It only took me close to 2 years (not full time) to finish and release my new album.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and the kind words! \m/
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 21:03:50 (permalink)
Starise
OK guys why not pull this back on track? This is a good thing !! If this>then that doesn't apply here. Because THAT no longer exists.

Exactly. All water under the bridge, doesn't matter anymore. Let it go.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Blacksymphony
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 21:26:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Starise 2018/03/06 17:39:21
I don't care what name it is.If the developers are the same,the work flow are the same,it's not a big deal what name it is ,or what the payment plan it is.
I don't need to waste time to learn a new DAW,don't need to get use to new work flow,that's the most important thing for me.
Can't wait for more good news.
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/05 21:27:12 (permalink)
well, it's obvious, even to me :-) That things are good! we will have Sonar (who cares what it's called) as a desktop app, Per Meng. And we will have choices.........Good things to me!

Kamikaze
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 00:17:42 (permalink)
The fact that it's been suggested that there will be a free cross-grade option surely means that these users will be given a perpetual license. So perpetual license is at least going to be available, It's an indication at  least of what's going to available

ecafighter
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/06 00:34:08 (permalink)
Thanks,  I learned something for today. Now if I could just finish this song!!!
GjB
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 197
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/06 00:49:01 (permalink)
meng

For the time being, we can all refer to it as TDDFKAS (The Desktop DAW Formerly Known As SONAR)  until we have a proper announcement about it.

This is wonderful news. I'm a bit late to the party on this one. I had pretty much given up, although I kept an eye on the petition count. As a customer I really look forward to seeing the release of TDDFKAS.
Much respect to the dedicated developers, passionate users here, and the new folks guiding us into the future at BandLab Technologies / Cakewalk.

(I also hope that the members here start to use the name TDDFKAS until the new name is fully released. Using the old name does not help with SEO going forward, and in such cases would mean removing complete threads like this one to give the new name a better chance in the future.)

The Computer Mouse (web)
Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Focusrite 2i4 (Gen 1), i7-3770K, NH-D14, 32 Gigs, GTX 970, SSDs and HD, Sony MDR-7506, M-Audio Code 61. Easy-install guide
Phoen1xPJ
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 00:51:02 (permalink)
Kamikaze
The fact that it's been suggested that there will be a free cross-grade option surely means that these users will be given a perpetual license. So perpetual license is at least going to be available, It's an indication at  least of what's going to available

Yes! NOW let's make some music! 

Yours With a Song,
Phoen1x

Wayfarer Station Micro Studio including:
*new* Cakewalk by BandLab
Intel Core i5 quad core 3.10 GHz
ASUStek P8B75-M mobo
32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB vid card
(2) 1 TB HD & (1) 500 GB HD
*new* Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Echo Layla 24 PCI audio interface (faster than USB!)
Tascam US-224 control surface (with jog/shuttle wheel, impossible to find elsewhere)
MIDIMan 2X2 MIDI interface
...not bleeding edge but vintage rockin' 

http://verticalalignment.rocks/

Phoen1xPJ
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Hello from BandLab [Updated 3/3/2018] 2018/03/06 00:52:52 (permalink)
GjB
meng

For the time being, we can all refer to it as TDDFKAS (The Desktop DAW Formerly Known As SONAR)  until we have a proper announcement about it.

This is wonderful news. I'm a bit late to the party on this one. I had pretty much given up, although I kept an eye on the petition count. As a customer I really look forward to seeing the release of TDDFKAS.
Much respect to the dedicated developers, passionate users here, and the new folks guiding us into the future at BandLab Technologies / Cakewalk.

(I also hope that the members here start to use the name TDDFKAS until the new name is fully released. Using the old name does not help with SEO going forward, and in such cases would mean removing complete threads like this one to give the new name a better chance in the future.)

But SONAR is so much easier to remember... 

Yours With a Song,
Phoen1x

Wayfarer Station Micro Studio including:
*new* Cakewalk by BandLab
Intel Core i5 quad core 3.10 GHz
ASUStek P8B75-M mobo
32 GB Mushkin Blackline RAM
NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB vid card
(2) 1 TB HD & (1) 500 GB HD
*new* Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Echo Layla 24 PCI audio interface (faster than USB!)
Tascam US-224 control surface (with jog/shuttle wheel, impossible to find elsewhere)
MIDIMan 2X2 MIDI interface
...not bleeding edge but vintage rockin' 

http://verticalalignment.rocks/

cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 03:24:47 (permalink)
Kamikaze
The fact that it's been suggested that there will be a free cross-grade option surely means that these users will be given a perpetual license.

That sounds like a huge assumption to me, a giant leap of faith.  If Bandlab already knew the terms they would be offering, they might have made a more definite statement.  The gentleman said they will be offering a free crossgrade, but to my knowledge didn't say what that would include or how long it would be good for. 

IMHO, the only safe interpretation is that they will have a product that may or may not be 100% of what SPLAT was (probably lacking many of the bundled items)  and that paid-up users will get a free crossgrade for at least the first release of the product.  I'd caution against assuming any more than that.  Bandlab might do much more, but they might not.  We'll just have to wait.

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 03:37:00 (permalink)
Have to agree. BandLab stated we would get the new DAW first release whatever it might be in 4-6 weeks.
I'll just sit tight and see what they have for us and what direction Meng is taking the repackaged Sonar :)

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

Positively Charged
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 744
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 04:47:04 (permalink)
I share the same basic optimism.   I've made my point on the "other thing", so now I'm happy to wait and see what happens.  Y'know, with the emoticons... ;)
Kamikaze
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 04:48:27 (permalink)
cparmerlee
Kamikaze
The fact that it's been suggested that there will be a free cross-grade option surely means that these users will be given a perpetual license.

That sounds like a huge assumption to me, a giant leap of faith.  If Bandlab already knew the terms they would be offering, they might have made a more definite statement.  The gentleman said they will be offering a free crossgrade, but to my knowledge didn't say what that would include or how long it would be good for. 

IMHO, the only safe interpretation is that they will have a product that may or may not be 100% of what SPLAT was (probably lacking many of the bundled items)  and that paid-up users will get a free crossgrade for at least the first release of the product.  I'd caution against assuming any more than that.  Bandlab might do much more, but they might not.  We'll just have to wait.

Are you saying that you think that after crossgrading, you believe the product you have will no longer work after a period of time, say one year?

baberufus
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 05:13:54 (permalink)
Hopefully at least that, as we had, what, about a year after plunking down $199 for the lifetime membership before Gibson dropped it? See if I ever buy another Les Paul...lol! At any rate, glad to see these guys keeping it going!
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 10:18:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2018/03/06 12:01:45
InstrEd
Have to agree. BandLab stated we would get the new DAW first release whatever it might be in 4-6 weeks.

That's not quite right. They said the first public announcement as to what it was would be in 4-6 weeks.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
quietman
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 13:23:16 (permalink)
Looking forward to news on the developments of the new Sonar Meng! Feeling optimistic again...

www.4th-eden.com
Composing until I'm decomposing
cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 16:38:18 (permalink)
Kamikaze
Are you saying that you think that after crossgrading, you believe the product you have will no longer work after a period of time, say one year?

That depends on what you mean by "work".  If you are able to freeze the OS environment (say by using a virtual machine) and you don't care if any new devices or plug-ins work in the future, then the first Bandlab release should be able to work indefinitely.  But of course, you don't need Bandlab for that.  You have exactly the same situation today with SPLAT.

If you are expecting perpetual support and patches for free, I'm not sure that is what the gentleman meant to imply.  And frankly I would be very suspicious of any company promising that.  They need a business model that will work for them.  To Mr. Meng's credit, clearly he sees value in the existing user base and apparently is prepared to be generous in order to keep that base active.  I think that is wise.  What he may want to do beyond that is something we could speculate on, but I don't think it is good to attack others here who might be a bit more circumspect than you are.

Personally, I am quite interested in this new direction.  The world doesn't need yet another DAW.  A business model only makes sense to me if the "Bandlab DAW" evolves to embrace new market segments or categories.  This is what Ableton did with live performance and it was a good move for them.  Reading between the lines, it appears to me the vision for Bandlab might be to extend the DAW to make it more of a "songwriter's platform" so to speak, rather than a general purpose DAW.  That is the focus of some of the existing Bandlab assets, and one can easily see a synergy between those assets and a "back end DAW".  But I am just speculating.  I'm not making any purchase decisions based on such guesswork.  It will all be revealed in due course.  It could be very exciting, but not exactly what you and others have in mind, if you are just looking for the continuation of the "basic DAW" in the Cakewalk tradition.

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
gnie
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 776
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 18:40:59 (permalink)
As a long-time Cakewalk user, I must confess to preferring the pre-X style DAW.  I've got X-3, but find myself often working in 8.5.  The advancements of the X series are fine, but the GUI never set well with me.  Suspect I'm not alone in this.  Looking forward to the new version. 
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 18:49:05 (permalink)
I don't like the grabby multidock and the way the PRV and region effects insist on opening in it's small window that I have to fiddle with and undock before using.

burkek
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1104
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 20:38:39 (permalink)
Studio One, Reaper, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Reason, Ardour, MuLab, Cubase, Tracktion, Digital Performer, Renoise: they all work on multiple platforms. Please, please, please make the new Sonar work on Mac (I know, probably not right out of the gate, but have a plan). That would be great 'cause I, for one, am not moving back to Windows.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 20:56:16 (permalink)
burkek
Studio One, Reaper, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Reason, Ardour, MuLab, Cubase, Tracktion, Digital Performer, Renoise: they all work on multiple platforms. Please, please, please make the new Sonar work on Mac (I know, probably not right out of the gate, but have a plan). That would be great 'cause I, for one, am not moving back to Windows.

KEv

I've tried the Mac; it isn't for me. However, I'm 100% with you that they should make a Mac version. And a Linux version. Oh, and a Windows version.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Hello from BandLab 2018/03/06 20:56:45 (permalink)
And I don't want them to waste resources on a MAC version. As you have just pointed out there are plenty of choices for the MAC. Yes some are cross platform, but the elephant in the room is Apple's own Logic. How do you compete with them selling it for under $200.00.  I don't see the market.

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1