Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 13
Author
Psychobillybob
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 882
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 00:23:45 (permalink)
PT, Sonar, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, Fruityloops, Samplitude, Sequoia, etc...et, al...

This discussion is as old as the DAW itself...

Glad you try to see what you like...

As far as cross platform studio file systems, you are never going to have one daw to rule them all, and I have never had a problem with another studio needing a compatible format that Sonar could not get me to...mastering houses as well...

Pick your poison, learn your tricks and then focus on your audio signal path...at this stage of the game the only thing not available to the average joe is a well designed acoustic room and a bazillion class A channels...other than that you can do what the big boys do everyday on a slightly smaller scale...

Everything you hear can be adjusted so that what lands between the ears resonates with an artistic experience...

The biggest problem with Sonar is the same problem with all of the tools, they become distractions and badges rather than instruments of creative life...

If we speant half as much time developing a fresh and creative idea as we do reading about our daws and tools we'd be much more pleased with the results.

I have a freind who recorded some absolutely amazing stuff in a PIII with an Soundblaster card in Audacity using some cheap Radio Shack mics...I was embarrassed by my gear of non creative distraction...Selah.

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
BlixYZ
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 805
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 07:48:26 (permalink)
What is wrong with you people?  
The real problem with PT is the lack of monitoring flexibility (no way to turn off input monitoring without also muting the sound of the armed tracks!!!)

PT does a good job of LOW latency monitoring, but they don't provide a way to utilize NO latency monitoring- this is a deal-breaker!  That and no VST and no fast bounce.
My studio runs Sonar X1 Deluxe Especial and PT 10 and ALL THREE ENGINEERS who work here rarely touch PT for this very simple reason.  We sometimes mix with it, but NEVER record with it.  It does not provide for a very professional recording environment (mixing, sure).

Linear Phase
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2201
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 08:12:26 (permalink)
BlixYZ

The real problem with PT is the lack of monitoring flexibility (no way to turn off input monitoring without also muting the sound of the armed tracks!!!)

PT does a good job of LOW latency monitoring, but they don't provide a way to utilize NO latency monitoring- this is a deal-breaker!  That and no VST and no fast bounce.
My studio runs Sonar X1 Deluxe Especial and PT 10 and ALL THREE ENGINEERS who work here rarely touch PT for this very simple reason.  We sometimes mix with it, but NEVER record with it.  It does not provide for a very professional recording environment (mixing, sure).

Well, what about the people who swear, "Reaper is the best DAW ever," and will totally berate you if you happen to disagree with the idea.

I don't think Pro-Tools is the standard it once was.  I don't even know, why the dude started the thread.  A lot of people have jumped ship from Pro-Tools to Cubase.  Those who have not gone to Cubase, are probably still using PT, or have started on the Sonar path.

If you are mac inclined there is DP, or Logic..  once you mention Ableton Live, you round out the big DAWs, and go into the boutique area...

too many lasers...

Sonar = audio editing ninja of a music software!

RogerH
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 608
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 08:24:51 (permalink)
Mystic38

I call complete and total troll post thread..

"used Sonar since v7".. and with a post count of 7 (and 6 are in this thread)... so that means in 3 years he made one post in this forum?.. if so then i guess Sonar was totally flawless...

Post count says nothing about how much you know about Sonar. A lot of people uses Sonar everyday but never write any posts in the forum, and other spend their life in this forum.
If I make 500 post in "the Coffee house" it wont improve my Sonar skills....

A song from my band: Terramater 
My soundcloud page
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7 Professional (SP1) 64Bit
Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K 3,4GHz
MSI P67A-C45 (MOBO)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 (2x4GB)
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
Seagate Barracuda® XT 2TB
[font="arial, sans-se
joakes
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 905
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 09:01:41 (permalink)
Yawn, this is an old fred been dug up and re-discussed.

Everyone has their own Point Of View.

Just leave it at that. There is no better no worse. Only what suits you best for whatever racket you call your type of music ;-).

Kill this fred someone ......

Cheers,
Jerry

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 09:19:11 (permalink)
This is an old thread? It was started yesterday.

Best
John
Jimbo 88
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1828
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 10:28:22 (permalink)
Mystic38

I call complete and total troll post thread..

"used Sonar since v7".. and with a post count of 7 (and 6 are in this thread)... so that means in 3 years he made one post in this forum?.. if so then i guess Sonar was totally flawless...
I'm going to chime in and vote yes,   a Troll and completely agree here.

We've seen a rash of posters with low post counts claiming to be Sonar users from way back.  Next they make claims that experienced users know are false and some other DAW is better and Sonar is too frustrating...

Honestly,  I hope every other music composer uses Protools 'cause that just gives me an advantage over them.  I mean,  Sonar has it flaws, far from perfect,  but for speed and ease of use/handling plugins/64 bit etc...go ahead use Protools.  Good luck to ya.   I sit thru Protool mixes regularly with extremely good mixers. 
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 10:56:06 (permalink)
for all the people trying to say this isnt a troll thread answer me this?

where is person who started this thread?

try to say the best thing about x1 is the install,then just leaves..lol
hes got a total of 9 posts,which means hes not a contributor to this forum ,so then why does he feel its his duty
to benchmark the to softwares against eachother and post his findings.
my advice is maybe he should make a few posts in the forum to build a small reputation amongst the community and then post his mind.
because its very hard to be taken seriously with a thread like this unless youve got some credibility.
i actualy find some humor in this...anyone else?

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

joakes
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 905
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 11:08:15 (permalink)
John - so sorry !

it may have been started yesterday, but yu have to admit its an old subject that gets thrashed about every so often. Whether its Sonar vs PR, Logic etc ..... yawn ! If the search engione worked I'd dig up some other postings, but I really couldn't be bothered.

I agree troll with a capital T.

I'm happy with Sonar.  It suits me fine.

I don't need to prove its better than other DAW's and I just don't see the point in such postings or p*****g contests.

Voilà.

Ciao
Jerry

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 12:25:47 (permalink)
I do agree with you Jerry.

Its OK though, X1 is strong enough to handle any and all contenders. 

Best
John
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 12:49:47 (permalink)
I'm not sure if troll is the right term, but one has to question the motives of someone who does not post here and decides to write a long post about why he thinks something is better. You would think he would be too busy with his new toy to bother thumbing his nose at others. if in all the years he has supposedly owned Sonar he never felt once compelled to post, why bother now that he has one foot out the door? Total dick move. I find that many have this weird need to get others to agree with them when they decide that something is better. It's not good enough for them to come to the decision and theoretically improve their work. Any of the major DAWS will give you outstanding results if you take the time to learn them instead of constantly looking for the next best thing.
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 15:29:28 (permalink)
He just wanted 24 hrs of fame and y'all gave it to 'im!
Savagery
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 18:09:57 (permalink)
Holy hell, some of you guys have so much nerve... calling the OP a troll? Because he has a low post count? I've used cakewalk since the mid 90's (home studio 3, PA7-9, Sonar 1-7, then X1) and only joined the forum when X1 came out. The reason is, I'm not big on online forums, that's all. I know people who have been loyal cakewalk users since day 1 and have NEVER posted on this forum... that doesn't discredit their opinions in any way.

Whether his points were correct, or missing info, or what, isn't the point. He took the time to type up this comparison, and the least we can do is say "thanks for sharing".

chuckebaby
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 20:06:38 (permalink)
Savagery

Holy hell, some of you guys have so much nerve... calling the OP a troll? Because he has a low post count? I've used cakewalk since the mid 90's (home studio 3, PA7-9, Sonar 1-7, then X1) and only joined the forum when X1 came out. The reason is, I'm not big on online forums, that's all. I know people who have been loyal cakewalk users since day 1 and have NEVER posted on this forum... that doesn't discredit their opinions in any way.

Whether his points were correct, or missing info, or what, isn't the point. He took the time to type up this comparison, and the least we can do is say "thanks for sharing".

as much as i respect your opinion,you should respect ours.

Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 20:22:36 (permalink)
" Holy hell, some of you guys have so much nerve... calling the OP a troll? Because he has a low post count? I've used cakewalk since the mid 90's (home studio 3, PA7-9, Sonar 1-7, then X1) and only joined the forum when X1 came out. The reason is, I'm not big on online forums, that's all. I know people who have been loyal cakewalk users since day 1 and have NEVER posted on this forum... that doesn't discredit their opinions in any way.  Whether his points were correct, or missing info, or what, isn't the point. He took the time to type up this comparison, and the least we can do is say "thanks for sharing". "

it's not just  based on him having a low post count.  I know lots of people who own products and don't bother to post on forums.  That, in and of itself is not odd.  What is odd is to  not consider posting on forum a priority for years and come to the conclusion it was necessary to post mostly negative views out of the blue for a product you are moving on from.  

That in itself does not guarantee a troll, but it definitely has troll markings. People complain about Sonar every day on these forums.  People talk about how great other products are here every day.  It's not even odd for someone to trash Sonar on their way out the door.  What he is doing would be the equivalent of a fan deciding to not bother with with a fan club, moving on to be a fan of another and deciding to join the fan club on the way out ju t to tell the other members they are no longer a fan.  possible, but kind of silly.  Classic troll behavior whether he is one or not.
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 20:38:44 (permalink)
Low post count = Troll

High post count = Get a life

Sometimes you just can't win.......

Rocky
chuckebaby
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 20:59:15 (permalink)
if in fact we were not dealing with troll like behavior,
wouldnt we see the op maybe post another follow up post saying something on the lines of.."im sorry you disagree"  or  " it was just my opinion"
i could respect that.

but to take the time and effort to post a 5 piece benchmarking thread on the up points of protools and the down falls of sonar an just leave the rest of us to eat at it im sure he is reading this right now.

i mean why not??
why not just reply a small message back to the thread you started?
so all of you sticking up for this guy..cool..i have no problem with that..maybe your right,but he still should reply to his own thread..agreed?

now is he a troll because of a low post count??..not really.but i think unless youve gained some noriety around this forum then a sonar VS pro tools competition isnt going to go over that well..if it was comming from a reputable source(someone with a higher post count that has proven his knowlege to others or even what type of person he is.

who ever started making this thing up about hes a troll because of his low post tally your wrong.
ive gone back and looked and cant seem to see where this started. 

John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/24 21:21:37 (permalink)
I don't see why anyone is upset with the OP. Either he has a point and one feels somehow on the short end or one is unsure of their own position. Unsure they made the right purchase. 

I'm very satisfied with X1. I have used other DAWs and have a few others on my HD. Do I care what someone says about X1 that isn't even accurate? Not really. 

Its good to defend a product on the company's own forum but as users we should be confident in what we have.  I know X1 does everything I ask it to do. That is all that matters. What the OP is saying, if you read between the lines,is "I haven't a clue how to use X1". Also his postings are rather contradictory anyway. 

Thus there is no need to be upset. It sure is in the scheme of things about as unimportant as it gets. 

Don't worry be happy! Plus we have X2 to look forward to. What can better than that?    

Best
John
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 04:13:31 (permalink)
I'm waiting with bated breath for
Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 2

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
guitardad
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 04:16:59 (permalink)
Not sure if OP is a troll. I've been a Cakewalk customer since Sonar 4 and other iterations prior to the line. I don't post a ton at forums either. Way too much in daily life to do so. I joined a few years ago but lurked a great deal and found many answers not requiring me to log on.

I also have PT and Sonar X1 Expanded. Both are loaded with bells and whistles as well as a learning curve.

For me the interface of PT is not as much a concern. I am quite a fan of creating my own workflow with screensets which makes any job in the daw simplified. Color is not really a selling factor for me either. X1 looks great and works great. 

I am not a fan of midi in PT, but Sonar made it about as simple as I find in Cubase.

Editing track data in PT is a touch easier. Elastic audio is cool and the fact I can clean bad sample ticks easily without the use of fades, cross fades, or a program like Wavelab can speed up things. 

Everyone's workflow is different, but Sonar at least expands the creativity in what details you outline for a project. With PT, a session is a session. IDK the mix window always reminded me of those wall organizer letter holders where you put your paper mailed bills.

Sonar went plenty steps further for me with Pro Channel. It is by far my favorite part of Sonar. Customizing PC also is a huge workflow ingredient I use as often as I do screensets.

Some like to organize by color, and you can do that to an extent in Sonar, but some others find that a way to simplify mixes in PT. I never really cared since I organize by instrument type, alpha numeric for tracks or bus.

Fast bounce really isn't a detail I find missing in PT. I've used PT for many years so a few minutes to bounce or export are not much of a deal breaker. Sonar should always have their own MP3 encoder though. Any daw worth it's salt should. 

As an avid user (no pun) of both Sonar and PT, I find I move so much faster in Sonar. Pro Channel and it's low latency high quality channel plugs make it outstanding.

Some of the RTAS plus are good, but I like the VST versions so much better. I don't like using any wrapper or bitbridge. Some do okay with it, I don't care for them.

Sonar imo has much more flexibility in midi, mixing plugs, routing options, and mastering options. Screensets, Pro Channel, and other built in user customization tools make it much more accommodating.

Sonar X2 w packs/ S8.53PE
Win 7 64b
Quad Core cpu 2.6ghz
8GB ram
Intel mobo
Focusrite LS56  

Jimbo 88
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 09:18:58 (permalink)
bluzdog

Low post count = Troll

High post count = Get a life

Sometimes you just can't win.......

Rocky
I'm going to respectfully disagree and say false...

If you show up on this forum with a problem and honestly ask for help,  give enough info for people to figure things out,  you get many, many people helping you.

If you show up on the forum like the OP,  it becomes obvious there is an agenda.

It sure smells like there is a marketing campaign designed to come on to forums and disparaged competitor's DAWs in an attempt to steal customers.      
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 11:14:23 (permalink)
I don't think the OP is necessarily trying to sway people into buying Pro Tools at all but rather was trying to make a genuine comparison.

But it is also unfair because any of you who attempt this comparison don't actually know as much about Pro Tools as you do about the DAW that you are most familiar with so you will always find fault with another program that you are not totally familiar with. The only people who can make real objective comparisons are those who can test many DAW's without any bias towards one particular DAW and that does not happen often.

As a teacher I have been made to do three AVID Pro Tools courses recently, the 101, 110 and a special teacher training course. Many of you have not had the same exposure this way. After doing all that all I can say is PT is a very good program indeed and it can do waaaayyy more things that many of you think it can do. Same thing with Studio One. Many of you think it is way inferior to Sonar but it is not and very very good as well and out performs it in certain areas even.  Very few of you actually know what Studio One can really do, period.

PT does not need VST's, it has millions of its own plugins already and believe me they are fine including a very high quality Euphonix channel strip which does most of what Pro Channel can do. Not working with any other plugins in some ways is good because it prevents third party plugins from causing instabilities. They have eliminated that.

But PT is expensive and you have to spend a lot of money (well beyond the initial purchase too!) actually to get it in the same league as Studio One, Sonar or many other DAW's. They are much better value for sure. Also I have to agree with FreddieH on this point too. I have been teaching a lot of audio post for TV and film recently with PT and it does NOT time stretch anywhere near as well as Studio One does and probably Sonar as well. It falls apart quite quickly and does not sound great in the process. Studio One can go way beyond and still sound excellent.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 11:23:32 (permalink)
The current Sound on Sound magazine has an interesting article on the current Pro Tools upgrade.  As tyou might expect from a professional journal like this, they find some good points and some problems.  The problems pointed out in this article--which is mostly about the upgrade path--center on plug in compatibility

Other PT reviews in this magazine give it good marks for audio editing and mixing, and slightly poor scores for MIDI, arranging, and 64-bit capabilities.  I think that is a fair assessment.

I love Sonar but have a lot of crashes related to third-party VIs and plug ins.  My issues (I believe) are mostly caused by some errors during initial install + running VIs using a bit bridge (which was an initial work-around I could change now).
Linear Phase
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 14:01:19 (permalink)
I wonder why Avid has stayed PT @ 32 bit.  Some sort of massive engineering problem?  Perhaps they have a major hardware redesign, or perhaps PT has some snag preventing a 64 bit version from coming to fruition..

Who knows?

I do know..  I have vst crashing problems in all my daws.  But sooner or later, you find out what can cause a crash, and you just simply, "know when to save, know when to avoid, know when to use a different vst."

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away...

too many lasers...

pbognar
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/25 16:54:59 (permalink)
jsg

I glanced through the replies, did anyone mention that PT is only 32 bit, while Sonar has been 64-bit since 2005?  I can tell you that this is a very large distinction, 64-bit allows for much more memory access for samples, plugins, soft synths, etc.   It is astonishing that PT is considered the "pro" DAW and is still only 32-bit!  That said, I hate X1, it looks like a toy, it has many new bugs, the staff view is worse than previous versions and I don't use it or need it.   Sonar 7.0.2 is my DAW of choice for the time being, it is stable, has every feature I need and is 64-bit. 

JG
www.jerrygerber.com
So do you use the Staff View in 7.0.2 or you have you avoided it all along?

I went from Sonar Home Studio 6 XL to Producer 8, so I never had 7.0.2.  Did version 8 add too much bloat in your opinion, or is it just a stability issue?

Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/26 06:38:34 (permalink)
Any professional DAW VS Pro Tools!

Pro Tools isn't my first choice infact any other professional DAW's VS Pro Tools can do and are 10 times better then Pro Tools. Pro Tools are overpriced, outdated piece of junk that still doesn't support x64. The last and only one that still doens't support x64.   
Vow factor is still enormous especially if you are a "wannabe"-producer /songwriter and you think you are "pro" because you use what used to be the "standard"-DAW in early 90ths. If you don't recognize the difference between SONAR X1 VS any Pro Tools-version yet realized, you haven't the knowledge yet or you haven't discovered all the possibilities that you can do with SONAR X1 Expanded.

Real professionals, professional producers and mixing engineers use something else and modern like Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic, SONAR X1, Studio One and Sequoia Samplitude that support x64.
Pro Tools have one thing though that other DAW's don't have. Fanboys Wow factor that is enormous without any real reasons?

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/26 06:44:42 (permalink)
BlixYZ

Last version of Pro Tools didn't even have automatic latency compensation or the ability to record in 32bit floating or work in 32bit floating or use any 32bit floating files. You coudln't even make a simple "non destructible"- "fade-out" or "fade-in" on a audio clip? 

??? That says it all how old and outdate Pro Tools is...???

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Linear Phase
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/26 07:20:28 (permalink)
Freddie H

Any professional DAW VS Pro Tools!

Pro Tools isn't my first choice infact any other professional DAW's VS Pro Tools can do and are 10 times better then Pro Tools. Pro Tools are overpriced, outdated piece of junk that still doesn't support x64. The last and only one that still doens't support x64.   
Vow factor is still enormous especially if you are a "wannabe"-producer /songwriter and you think you are "pro" because you use what used to be the "standard"-DAW in early 90ths. If you don't recognize the difference between SONAR X1 VS any Pro Tools-version yet realized, you haven't the knowledge yet or you haven't discovered all the possibilities that you can do with SONAR X1 Expanded.

Real professionals, professional producers and mixing engineers use something else and modern like Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic, SONAR X1, Studio One and Sequoia Samplitude that support x64.
Pro Tools have one thing though that other DAW's don't have. Fanboys Wow factor that is enormous without any real reasons?

The Smart Tool!  The Sonar Smart Tool is groundbreaking...  It doesn't sound like it, but its a revolution in DAW workflow.

too many lasers...

Jimbo 88
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/26 08:48:40 (permalink)
In the world I work in,  Protools definitely has its place.   It is the standard in the "post-production" world for a reason.  It does what it does very well.   But for people to claim it is better than Sonar or more stable than Sonar is not true.  They are 2 different tools that do different things,  different ways.  

If you want to be just a mixer, or work in the post-production world,  you'd better become an expert in Protools.  If you want to create music,  well that is a different story. 

stonehedge
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 215
Re:Sonar X1 vs Pro tools 10 part 1 2012/06/26 10:02:30 (permalink)
Any one besides me notice the OP has stopped posting? He accomplished what he wanted to, and sits back to watch now.

Home built i7 6850k Broadwell, 16GB corsair RAM, Asus X99 Deluxe II/Gen 3, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gig, Win 10 creators with no windows updates since jan 2018, Sonar Platinium, Sony Vegas Pro 15, Sound Forge 11, Pro Tools 10, Superior Drummer 3, Easy Keys, Melodyne Studio 4, MOTU 2408, Motu MTPav, midisport 4X4,Behringer X32 Compact with X-Adat and (2) ada8000 strips,Mackie Control Universal, Monitors by JBL, Tannoy, Fostex.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 13
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1