Helpful ReplySonar X4 release date

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 8
Author
Guitarpima
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4125
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/18 21:25:14 (permalink)
I read somewhere that they were going to scrub the X series in favor of a more robust console style workflow. The track view will basically be the same. IIRC, they are going to drop the pro-channel.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/18 21:28:56 (permalink)
That is true, they need to integrate the technology they exchanged with the alien greys first....
 (might have been bitcoins involved not sure)... I do have my sources but people may end up getting assassinated so best I don't squeak.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Mosvalve
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/18 21:54:15 (permalink)
Cake, please don't be like Microsoft. Take your time and do it right. No more new plug-ins. Get the functions that people are complaining about fixed and make X3 rock solid to 95%. We don't need no more stinking plug-ins we need complete stability. (I'm not calling your plug-ins stinky, it's just a matter of speech.)
Thank you

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/18 23:23:34 (permalink)
I like the idea of a stink plugin.  Kind of compliments the suck plugin, but in aromarama.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Guitarpima
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 00:51:51 (permalink)
If they keep the color scheme the way it is they could come up with some really cool plug ins.

The suck - A notch filter that has an up and down button like vibrato.
The whip - for adding punch
The cane - for stiff compression
The chain - That will be a surprise
Satin - for those silky smooth legato lines
Vanilla - for keeping things simple

The options are enless!

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 03:45:08 (permalink)
Silly thread.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 04:58:23 (permalink)
Anderton
Wookiee
Why do we have to go through this process of getting the new version up to speed for three to four months only to repeat again eight months later.

Well, i'm sure I'm not the only person who was able to make music from day 1 of having X3. It's not like it took three to four months before it was useful, more like three to four months to have enough usage cases out there to identify issues, set priorities, and do fixes.

As to why do it all over again, hopefully it would be for the same reason it was worth getting comping, Melodyne, Addictive Drums, colourized mixer strips, etc. If the next version doesn't have compelling/useful features for some people, they can keep chugging along contentedly with X3...just as some people are still on 8.5.

Sonar appeals to both hobbyists and pros. For pros, anything that gives a competitive advantage or saves time is well worth adopting as soon as possible. For example in my case, the amount of time saved with the new comping dwarfs the time spent learning to become proficient at it. For hobbyists, it's often the extras like Addictive Drums or the Nomad Factory plug-ins that are appealing. Different people have different priorities; it's only possible to know whether you want an update ASAP or can afford to wait awhile after scrutinizing the list of features, and seeing which ones matter to you.

Well Graig it did not take me 3 to 4 months either but we have had five maintenance patches and the last has broken something that was working in "D".  What I am saying is do we really need a yearly release of a "New" product.  Would it not perhaps be a little better to have say a two year cycle with a more robust product from day one.  Just an old programmers per-s-p-e-c-tive.  (Hyphens because the forum software can not differentiate when the S P E C is contained within a word.)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 06:43:27 (permalink)
Silicon Audio
I actually think that this is the first time in history that people aren't champing at the bit for the next version.  The reason is that X3 is just so solid that folks have got back to the business of just making music.  Sure it's not 100% perfect, but it doen't impede the musical process at all.

Yeah, there are alway more features in the wish lists, but I think the level of satisfaction with Sonar is at an all time high.

+1

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
Splat
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 06:55:01 (permalink)
@Wookiee I'm not aware of any regression bugs from X3D. Here are the outstanding X3E issues we know about (what is your issue?)
http://forum.cakewalk.com...aspx?m=3009969&p=1 (first post)... Thanks.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
LA2A
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 07:26:01 (permalink)
One of the best threads i've read in ten years of skateboarding forums on the net; this one is like a mixed bag of lollies with interesting flavours and additional humour thrown in. 

Mr Anderton's affirmations about the intentions and direction of Cakewalk are very reassuring to me, he said exactly what i needed to hear. 

To me, the former Sonar X3 release (bugs aside) was stellar through-the-roof smokin off the charts; the new plugins sucked me in big-time. I myself, concerning DAW updates and new releases, am all about new plugins (quality not quantity, of course), that's what i look forward to; i don't care much for new features, i'm an improviser, and the features in modern DAWs are more than i can even use, so, no need for more, imo; my whole personal music-making process is always a simple affair, and modern DAWs already offer much more than simple; anyway, to me, new DAW releases are like presents at Christmas time, i look forward to it, and Sonar X3 already done good on that count. Clearly Cakewalk takes the game seriously and are aware of their end-user demographic, very pleased with that!
My main wishes for new release DAW upgrades are... refinements to existing 'plugins' (ver I ver II ver III etc) to make them perform even bigger and badder, plus 'brand-new' plugins that excel performance-wise, and newer higher performing plugins that are made to replace and usurp existing ones; that oh so lovely refurbished feeling.

With Cubase and Sonar going at it hammer and tong, such quality DAW 'options' can keep music producers in good stead! If you already own a Ferrari, it is nice to have a Mclaren to swap between when the need arises.

post edited by LA2A - 2014/06/19 09:07:39
lawp
  • Total Posts : 1154
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 09:24:20 (permalink)
Mr Anderson is the cakewalk cheerleader, of course he said what you needed to hear ;-)

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 14:18:30 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
@Wookiee I'm not aware of any regression bugs from X3D. Here are the outstanding X3E issues we know about (what is your issue?)
http://forum.cakewalk.com...aspx?m=3009969&p=1 (first post)... Thanks.

My s p e c ific problem is that the Arturia's VST3 Oberhiem SEM V will not load and causes a crash if you try.  I am aware that others have had problems with other Arturia VST3's and that some others have had problems with other suppliers VST3's.  Arturia say it is to do with the way SONAR checks authorisation of said VST3.  

Arturia have acknowledge that there is a problem but imply that the fix should be sorted by Cakewalk and the "work around" is to downgrade to Producer version D.  I have yet to have a response from Cakewalk support, every time I go to my error report it says awaiting further information but I have not received an email asking for anything even though I have asked.

Here is my report number CWBRN-25791

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Splat
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 14:33:13 (permalink)
OK this is starting to make sense. Check referals to VST3 here, there were code changes and maybe Arturia needs to play catchup:
http://www.cakewalk.com/S...13361/SONAR-X3e-Update

This appears to be a specific Arturia issue here regardless of who's fault it is. Other VST3's appear to work well with X3E. Cheers...

Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 15:08:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ActiveAxE 2014/10/28 04:04:13
lawp
Mr Anderson is the cakewalk cheerleader, of course he said what you needed to hear ;-)

If I gave you the numbers, then you'd understand the basis for my optimism is more than cheerleading 

Note that I don't just provide what (I hope) are solutions in these forums, I confirm if there is indeed a problem should people be experiencing one so they don't spend time trying to find a solution that doesn't exist.

You'll also note I'm a big fan of Ableton Live, a program I've mentioned often and favorably in this forum, so I'm a non-denominational cheerleader  And by the way, THEIR numbers are very good as well...they're not going away anytime soon, either.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
LA2A
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 15:40:54 (permalink)
Tried the trial version of Live 9 for the first time ever two weeks ago, then i wrote to Ableton and asked them if they were on drugs and told them their interface methodology was the worst i've ever seen in a DAW, they replied with the predictable. It was all excuses from where i'm standing.

The interface had me stumped from the outset, i didn't get a single thing done, I couldn't be bothered persisting with it; i've used other DAWs to make entire songs without ever consulting the instruction manual, so i refuse to go with quirky interfaces that claim to be different but better. Fact is no one can reinvent the wheel, simple as that, so that's my philosophy in relation to DAWs, some things are timeless and should remain within a certain framework IMO.

If a DAW isn't intuitive to me from the get-go, i dump it on its ass quicksmart, they can shove it where the sun don't shine. Between Sonar and Cubase i'm in heaven. Pro Tools has no appeal to me, neither do any other DAWs, including Motu DP8 or Samplitude. When i'm onto a good thing, why go looking for greener grass when all i'll find is sunburnt hay and stubble LOL.

If one was to drive an F1 car for pure performance, everything else is simply a down-grade from there. Cubase and Sonar are my F1 cars.
Anderton
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 15:50:41 (permalink)
Wookiee

Well Graig it did not take me 3 to 4 months either but we have had five maintenance patches

Not just maintenance; there were also enhancements that added dynamic updates of folders to show content added externally, created a media bin in the browser for the current project, incorporated Microsoft's new video engine while allowing you to still use the old one for backward compatibility, changed initialization to default to an ASIO driver if one was present, exposed MIDI out automatically for MIDI-out compatible plug-ins instead of having to do it manually, eliminated some timeouts, automatically instantiated the TTS-1 if you opened a MIDI file and no MIDI output ports were available, made the VST Scanner compatible with Vista even though it's not a supported OS, resized track control widgets dynamically, cleaned up several interface elements in X3d, added more localization translations, allowed automatic reversion to DirectShow if trying to open a video with compatibility problems, added several new accelerators to the Browser, etc. Although the vast majority of changes related to fixes, some of which were relatively esoteric or discovered only when Sonar got into the hands of enough people in the field, to be fair the patches have done more than just fixes.

There are plenty of programs that could have used more maintenance patches, but Cakewalk actually did them. To me, that's a positive as opposed to ignoring the requests for fixes, which would be a negative.

the last has broken something that was working in "D".

The jury's still out on that, VST3 is a bit of a moving target; see Alex's posts. Other VST3 instruments working fine in Sonar seems to imply the issue is deeper than just a simple yes/no compatibility problem.

What I am saying is do we really need a yearly release of a "New" product.  Would it not perhaps be a little better to have say a two year cycle with a more robust product from day one. 

While I certainly see your point there are two places where reality intrudes. With a few exceptions the industry is on an update schedule that averages out to about once a year, so Sonar has to be sufficiently agile to keep up. If users had to wait two years for Sonar to implement features that allow it to remain with competitive with other companies while dealing with fixes of ever-decreasing relevance to the majority of users, that would be problematic for keeping the company afloat. The other issue is that many of the fixes didn't become apparent until Sonar was out in the field for awhile. A program with Sonar's flexibility can be used in many different ways and some users may or may not have workflows that expose particular bugs. Also, sometimes problems occur after a release, like changes in Avid's Fast Track drivers that Sonar needed to accommodate. Unfortunately other companies don't key their changes to Sonar's release schedule. The Arturia issue might fall into this category; I just continue using the VST2 versions of Arturia's synths.

Most people seem pleased with X3's stability and Cakewalk's dedication to making it more so. There's always a balance that needs to be struck between not ignoring the past while preparing for the future; I think Cakewalk is doing a very good job of walking that fine line, but wouldn't expect everyone to agree.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Mosvalve
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 18:11:57 (permalink)
LA2A
 If a DAW isn't intuitive to me from the get-go, i dump it on its ass quicksmart, they can shove it where the sun don't shine. Between Sonar and Cubase i'm in heaven. Pro Tools has no appeal to me, neither do any other DAWs, including Motu DP8 or Samplitude. When i'm onto a good thing, why go looking for greener grass when all i'll find is sunburnt hay and stubble LOL.

+1 to that. Between ProTools, Studio One and Sonar X1, 2 and 3, immediately With Sonar I was able to find my way around and get a song done. It was like It was desinged just for me. I'm so special, yes I am.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
Silicon Audio
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 18:19:57 (permalink)
AT
I like the idea of a stink plugin.  Kind of compliments the suck plugin, but in aromarama.

All the best musicians get it right before the mixing stage.  I prefer to stink and suck at the tracking stage rather than "fix it in the mix".  I find my playing stinks and sucks enough without having to resort to plugins.

"One of the great and beautiful things about music and recordings in general is that legacies live on" - Billy Arnell - April 15 2012
SvenArne
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2719
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 18:52:19 (permalink)
I'm a big fan of Cake's yearly cycle. I like getting the studio refurbished every fall. And migrating projects has never been a problem for me. Plus, Cake's just getting into form with X3; I believe SONAR X8.5.3 is going to be pretty awesome!

BJN
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 20:14:55 (permalink)
I'd like a chance to get practiced with X3 before being sold on whats new in X4.
I am more than happy with X3 with the updates thick and fast, the service, outstanding.

It might seem more stable to maintain the current release, which is attracting new and
seasoned users alike than risk being avaricious with a less than spectacular product upgrade.

But,
being solvent is good business and it is a pattern unlikely to be broken unless there is a game
changer in the pipeline.

I think it will be business as usual. 

-------------------------------------------------------
Magic: when you feel inspired to create which in turn inspires more creation.

And the corollary: if magic happens inspiration might flog it to death with numerous retakes.
Bart Nettle
Anderton
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 20:19:05 (permalink)
Silicon Audio

All the best musicians get it right before the mixing stage.  I prefer to stink and suck at the tracking stage rather than "fix it in the mix".  I find my playing stinks and sucks enough without having to resort to plugins.

May I recommend you learn how to play harmonica? It's the only instrument that sucks and blows at the same time, so I think it would fit in perfectly with your workflow. 

Anderton
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 20:22:17 (permalink)
BJN
I'd like a chance to get practiced with X3 before being sold on whats new in X4.

I am more than happy with X3 with the updates thick and fast, the service, outstanding.

Well remember, this isn't Adobe's "subscription" model. All your projects created in X3 and all the plug-ins you're using will continue to work regardless of whether you upgrade to X4 or not. Carry on making music, and if X4 ends up having some compelling feature you really want, you can always upgrade at your convenience. 

sergiobklyn
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 372
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 20:31:54 (permalink)
I hear that they are going to revamp the staff view... NOT!
Anderton
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 20:42:59 (permalink)
sergiobklyn

Staff view will be rendered in front of you as a 3D hologram, where you can move notes around by "grabbing" them with your hands, and placing them wherever you want. Also, Console View now has electrodes you attach to your head. You imagine what you want the sound to be like, then Sonar analyzes that and sets the parameters accordingly. I don't think Noel will mind me mentioning these, as they're two of the more minor updates to the program.

Splat
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 21:31:08 (permalink)
Anderton
sergiobklyn

Staff view will be rendered in front of you as a 3D hologram, where you can move notes around by "grabbing" them with your hands, and placing them wherever you want. Also, Console View now has electrodes you attach to your head. You imagine what you want the sound to be like, then Sonar analyzes that and sets the parameters accordingly. I don't think Noel will mind me mentioning these, as they're two of the more minor updates to the program.

See... Alien grey technology at play here... Just pick a color (sorry colour).

mmarton
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 666
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 22:18:57 (permalink)
Silicon Audio
I actually think that this is the first time in history that people aren't champing at the bit for the next version.  The reason is that X3 is just so solid that folks have got back to the business of just making music.  Sure it's not 100% perfect, but it doen't impede the musical process at all.

Yeah, there are alway more features in the wish lists, but I think the level of satisfaction with Sonar is at an all time high.

No kidding, wasn't even thinking about an X4 until I saw this thread..............

Happy Sonar Platinum 64 bit Registered Owner
Epi Casino, Les Paul, Strat, Martin GPCPA3, Cort C4Z bass, Roland D20 Synth, TC Konnekt48, Sansamp BDDI, Roland JDXI, APS Klasiks, Windows 10 64bit
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/19 22:24:54 (permalink)
When it does happen I hope they have a more download friendly method in place. None of this download 8 gigs nonsense. Maybe set it up so that we can download the core program, the vsts, the vstis, the sound libraries in separate tranches. May not be possible on steam but the current method is not good enough for a lot of people.
Guitarpima
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/20 00:16:53 (permalink)
Heck with electrodes for the console view. I want the electrodes to record what's going on in my head!

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/20 00:30:55 (permalink)
I would get in SOOO much trouble if they directly recorded what was in my head - some of it wouldn't be too musical in nature.  :)

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
LA2A
Re: Sonar X4 release date 2014/06/20 02:27:32 (permalink)
munch, munch; bring me a cold coke dear!

"Get off those forums darling!" Nup! You just keep doing those dishes! ROFL

Seriously, one thing that's got me peeved, is why the hell it took ten years to get to an acceptable state of pro DAWs that we have today. I'm adamant that we should have had the current versions of Cubase and Sonar ten years ago. Mankind is so slack sometimes, but actually i think Microsoft and Intel are more to blame; nonetheless, happy to be where we're at, however, i'm getting older and not liking it LOL

Still don't know how to utilize the quote functions in here. 

Mosvalve, one thing i can do is vouch for Studio One, it is actually easy peezy after the 'smallest' of learning curves. No quirkiness happening in Stuidio One land, just a 'slightly' different methodology, but a good one at that, nothing approaching obtuse like some other DAWs. I was ready to dump Studio One until i persisted a 'little bit' more with it because 'visually' it looked so clean and inviting and simple, then wallah! It's actually up there with Cubase and Sonar for user-friendliness, no joke, but Presonus need to address their plugin count in quality and quantity, plus their one single softsynth is dogs breath and their provided sounds are very mediocre, so i simply can't work with it. Before someone says the obvious in response, i am in a sort of self-imposed bondage, rather than going for third party stuff and all the licences and installation crap that goes with it, i would rather everything be in the DAW from the start, hit "install" and bang! Everything is ready, with nothing more to do but hit "Go!".

Will be looking with keen interest at Studio One ver III coming at the end of this year i'm told. I'm sure they must realize what they're up against at the moment, the DAW competition these days as we know is fierce; if Presonus drop the ball with ver III then i reckon they're finished, IMO they have a chance with the next version to consolidate their well-regarded DAW status or it's game over and they'll slide backwards into oblivion. 

I'm glad to be living in these days with all this tech, but i'm sure someone probably said that back in the middle ages too LOL

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1