Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac???

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
jcschild
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3409
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 10:45:42 (permalink)
this thread is Hilarious!

FYI i sell both (and benchmark both), so now that thats out of the way lets address facts and myths.

Facts:
1) an Apple is a PC with a different OS

2) Snow Leopard has serious multithread issues until Apple completely re-writes the OS it will continue to be so
also why (guessing) they have not released the 6 core Mac Pros yet. knowing when they get benchmarks they will suck

3)you dont need a degree to go pro. most the pro level producers i know do not have a degree (from a music producers school)
they may have a Music degree.

4) both PC and Apple are tools both work and both can have serious issues

5) a well built PC is no less stable than an Apple

6) a well built PC will outperform an Apple (regardless of software/hackintosh) this is due to the numerous issues plaguing Apples right now. (not just OSX but the fact you cant turn off c states in Apple EFI)

7) IF and this is a big IF i was to say there was some "standard" it would be pro fools not Logic

8) More studios are switching to PC than continuing with MAC, at this point pro and hobbiest lumped together PC has the far greater market share in audio and video.

9) counting pro level only its about 1/2 and 1/2

10) you original statement of "more people using make in the creative world" would have rang true many yrs ago but not now

11) Logic also has multithread issues

Myths:

1) Buy an Apple it just works  LOL as if. this was once a semi true statement espeically in relavance to off the shelf PCs
and to some degree still correct. this had more to do with windows 95 and in part 98 vs OSX and the millions of possible options you could pick with a PC vs Apples very very closed system back then (they had what 10 peices of software that ran on it?

2) Sonar is not a pro software  if you say so.... you might get a debate on that.

3)Apple is gaining market share (uhh no they are selling more consumer electronics their sales have dropped on systems especially the Mac Pro)  they were prior to the market crash but it was more the yuppies doing a status thing NOT audio /video pros.

4)OSX is a better OS than Win 7...  complete and utter BS even taking away the whole multithread issues of OSX.
both can be stable and both can crash.  i would add XP to that as well (skipping Vista)

5) Jobs is God. Jobs is not even a little god.. just dont tell the Apple fan boys.

i could list more...

the fact is you pay more for an Apple vs the equally configured PC and it performs less than its PC equvilent.

go take a poll of all those who graduated from some recording/engineering school see if that made them a "PRO" or if it even got them a job in this industry.

go talk to pros and found out how they got where they are.
you can get Logic and PT certified far easier than getting your degree (and for far less $ and time)

lastly to the original question i hope Cake does not waste their money its pointless when its works great on windows.

Scott
ADK
Home of the Kentucky Fried DAW!
daveny5
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 11:17:39 (permalink)
I agree with just about everything you said except "Sonar is not a pro software". What is your definition of "pro" software?

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
jcschild
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 11:19:33 (permalink)
umm that statement is under "MYTHS"
so facetious comment

i consider it as pro as the rest of the Pro ones :-)

Scott
ADK
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 14:00:24 (permalink)
jcschild

this thread is Hilarious!

FYI i sell both (and benchmark both), so now that thats out of the way lets address facts and myths.

Facts:
1) an Apple is a PC with a different OS

2) Snow Leopard has serious multithread issues until Apple completely re-writes the OS it will continue to be so
also why (guessing) they have not released the 6 core Mac Pros yet. knowing when they get benchmarks they will suck

3)you dont need a degree to go pro. most the pro level producers i know do not have a degree (from a music producers school)
they may have a Music degree.

4) both PC and Apple are tools both work and both can have serious issues

5) a well built PC is no less stable than an Apple

6) a well built PC will outperform an Apple (regardless of software/hackintosh) this is due to the numerous issues plaguing Apples right now. (not just OSX but the fact you cant turn off c states in Apple EFI)

7) IF and this is a big IF i was to say there was some "standard" it would be pro fools not Logic

8) More studios are switching to PC than continuing with MAC, at this point pro and hobbiest lumped together PC has the far greater market share in audio and video.

9) counting pro level only its about 1/2 and 1/2

10) you original statement of "more people using make in the creative world" would have rang true many yrs ago but not now

11) Logic also has multithread issues

Myths:

1) Buy an Apple it just works  LOL as if. this was once a semi true statement espeically in relavance to off the shelf PCs
and to some degree still correct. this had more to do with windows 95 and in part 98 vs OSX and the millions of possible options you could pick with a PC vs Apples very very closed system back then (they had what 10 peices of software that ran on it?

2) Sonar is not a pro software  if you say so.... you might get a debate on that.

3)Apple is gaining market share (uhh no they are selling more consumer electronics their sales have dropped on systems especially the Mac Pro)  they were prior to the market crash but it was more the yuppies doing a status thing NOT audio /video pros.

4)OSX is a better OS than Win 7...  complete and utter BS even taking away the whole multithread issues of OSX.
both can be stable and both can crash.  i would add XP to that as well (skipping Vista)

5) Jobs is God. Jobs is not even a little god.. just dont tell the Apple fan boys.

i could list more...

the fact is you pay more for an Apple vs the equally configured PC and it performs less than its PC equvilent.

go take a poll of all those who graduated from some recording/engineering school see if that made them a "PRO" or if it even got them a job in this industry.

go talk to pros and found out how they got where they are.
you can get Logic and PT certified far easier than getting your degree (and for far less $ and time)

lastly to the original question i hope Cake does not waste their money its pointless when its works great on windows.

+1 agree 99.8 % Scott!

SONAR is 100 % PRO but miss some of the professional features. Need more advanced audio processing features, professional score functions and better support of THX 5.1 / 7.1 and better Video and automation system. Fix all that flaws and its the best system any DAW system on the market so far!.

Hardware controllers already exist to SONAR. Let see what SONAR 9 (SONAR 10) gives us

Regards
Freddie

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
jackn2mpu
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2765
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 15:56:19 (permalink)
What I find amusing in this thread is how some people think the world of Mac daws is just ProTools and Logic - anybody stop to even think about Digital Performer? There's any number of pro musicians that record in DP - Danny Elfman for one and there's many more. Name ONE commercially known musician (other than the self-important ones here) that records an album using Sonar. There are none.

As to pro studios going from Macs to pc's - got some data to back that one up Scott? Also got a cite for what you call 'the numerous issues plaguing Macs right now'? Care to enlighten us?

As to not being able to customize the Mac experience? BS. You can go as deep as you pretty much want to. The reason it takes a little more to do so is so things don't get mucked up by patzer 'programmers'.

Said it before and I'll say it again - it's amazing the number of people here who trash Macs that have never really gotten into the system and how it works. So you've got a learning curve - bfd!

Jack
Qapla!
jcschild
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 16:41:39 (permalink)
not surprised you are unaware of Apple issues since this forum rarely has apple users.

http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-1.htm
just one such source
there are several threads on gearslutz where numerous apple owners (those who are not swayed by fanboyism) admiting it.

and if you think thats bad you should see Final Cut on a new Mac Pro even with the processors being considerably faster and memory bandwidth far greater FC works better on pre nehalem and i mean much better.
remember i sell Apple and do video as well.
why? C state issues that were not ther pre nahelem.

as far as macs to PCs based on data (read end users saying they are) seen in forums as well as our phone coversations with clients
and to that basic sales facts about apple you can find on the internet.

""Name ONE commercially known musician (other than the self-important ones here) that records an album using Sonar. There are none. """
if Sonar sucks why are you here?
this has been done before ( who is pro)

Scott
ADK
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 16:49:48 (permalink)
Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac???

Yeah. I have been itching to try Sonar out on my new machine:

chilldanny
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 18:10:42 (permalink)
Now I really do feel old! lol

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
jackn2mpu
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 19:13:38 (permalink)
jcschild

not surprised you are unaware of Apple issues since this forum rarely has apple users.

http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-1.htm
just one such source
there are several threads on gearslutz where numerous apple owners (those who are not swayed by fanboyism) admiting it.

and if you think thats bad you should see Final Cut on a new Mac Pro even with the processors being considerably faster and memory bandwidth far greater FC works better on pre nehalem and i mean much better.
remember i sell Apple and do video as well.
why? C state issues that were not ther pre nahelem.

as far as macs to PCs based on data (read end users saying they are) seen in forums as well as our phone coversations with clients
and to that basic sales facts about apple you can find on the internet.

""Name ONE commercially known musician (other than the self-important ones here) that records an album using Sonar. There are none. """
if Sonar sucks why are you here?
this has been done before ( who is pro)

One: I am aware of any Apple issues as I hang out more on Apple-centric forums these days than here. Gearslutz is not one of them. I consider GS the National Enquirer of webdom. Nuff said on that. C state issues are not talked about on any other forum that I know of, certainly not on Motunation, the DUC or others.

I never said Sonar sucks - that's your words, dude. Maybe that Southern heat's messed with your brain. If you search the forum here you'll not find anyplace where I've disparaged Sonar. It's a great program but as I've stated before I find myself working on automatic on it and hence things are getting stale for me.

And you still haven't answered the question I put out before - name one professional nationally or internationally known musician that does his records on Sonar. DP, on the other hand while not being as big as PT, has such artists using it as Danny Elfman, Devo (most of their reunion album was done on DP), Judy Hyman (Dick Hyman's daughter), etc. The Black Eyed Peas, while they were gifted an Avid Venue system, for onstage work they use a Mac and Digital Performer. If you're counting yourself as pro, that's not what I'm after - name artists on a national label sold in stoers.

Jack
Qapla!
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/16 23:38:56 (permalink)
Getting back to the original question, there's an article in Computer Music which answers the question of how hard it is to port from PC to Mac.  Several developers who have done so are quoted as saying that the effort to port an application is similar to re-writing the application from scratch.
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/17 00:27:14 (permalink)
name one professional nationally or internationally known musician that does his records on Sonar...

For the record, I remember reading about Ray Charles... ;) 

The White Stripes sold millions of records NOT using Pro Tools or a DAW. I remember reading about Slipknot using Sonar. Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral was put together using Opcode's Studio Vision - which crashed all the time as Reznor later said... (That was on a Mac, incidentally...) 

BTW, internationally known musicians usually don't do their record by themselves - if they even can make the difference between a toaster and a lamp, then they use whatever and take their stuff to a studio where the engineer uses Pro Tools, which is the de facto standard of course.  That's another story... 

What makes an internationally known artist an expert in the art of recording, anyway? Or politics or religion, or whatever? Why do people constantly look up to them for guidance and justification? We do it for music, common people look at them for guidance in their personal lives. But they're as screwed up as any of the rest of us. It just comforts us I guess...

We have both Mac and PC computers around here, and they both have their flaws and highlights. I actually prefer Mac in many areas - I even got my main PC skinned à la OSX cos' I'm just so addicted to it and used to it. But both do crash - sometimes on stuff as simple as Mail... 

The difference is mainly in the user's attitude. When app goes wrong, Mac users usually renounces quite easily - this app doesn't work. And so they stick to those apps that work. Strangely enough, I too tend to adopt this attitude when working on a Mac - though the Windows user in me sometimes screams let me try in the background....

PC user goes - there might be a fix, let's tweak... Worst is that, more often than not, there IS a fix... Hence the reputation - you have to be a geek and to jump through hoops to make a PC work - hundreds of apps...

Lesson: if you only use what works, both platforms are stable.

Still, when something as simple as an iPod suddenly refuses to load certain album covers for no reason, or mixes them up, or when your brand new iPhone blacks out on you minutes after you've taken it off the charge and right when you REALLY need it, or when you can't even do something as simple as backing up your SMS or manage your photos, it leaves you wondering - how would a computer from the same manufacturer really reacts in a critical situation...

My PC - and Sonar - are as stable as it gets. The sound quality is stellar. What do I care if Jimmy Buffet records using Pro Tools on a Mac? Cheeseburgers in Paradise still sucks. 

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
Tonmann
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 661
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/17 10:39:42 (permalink)
jm24

iCrap, iStupd, iToilet, iDesk, iCar, iForum, iTruck, iBattery, iDumb, iPakled, iTV, iMTV, iMP3, i i i i i i i i i i.

i will never own any apple junk. And I avoid all other company's "i" garbage: iHP,...

The reality of Steve Jobs abandoning tech, and therefore users, makes apple stuff very expensive.

I have clients who use macs. They tell me, "They sometimes work fine as long as we do not want to do stuff that is not included in the wizzers. Try to change that and the sky is falling. They crash. They are supported by idiots."

If CW managers are serious about increasing market share they will focus on the core software and stop being diverted by the Roland Hardware trolls.

Fix, and improve, Sonar: before offering me more softsynths and plugs. 8.5? Hardware distraction.

I was hoping for more support from roland, but the forum software still does not search properly. Respect for current users, the base profit center, is increasingly lacking.

I fear the Romulans have infiltrated the CW labs.

I do not want to learn a new DAW, but,.......

J

+i  ...err.... I mean +1
daveny5
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/17 17:40:01 (permalink)
95% of PCs in use are Windows PCs. 3% are Mac and 2% are Linux. Do the math.

Computers as we know them may go away and we'll just use our phones for computing.
post edited by daveny5 - 2010/07/17 17:42:20

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
ronboy
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/17 19:19:07 (permalink)
Chilldanny,

There's no advantage to Sonar going to the Mac platform! Learn the Logic stuff because it all good (I use Logic myself). I often do stuff in Logic and the import it to Sonar and it works good! Using both is a plus in my book even though the programs on are two different platforms! You're going to find that Logic is the professional standard along with Pro Tools in the Studios. Most producers that do sound tracks use Logic because it much better for videos and movies! So when you learn how that works in Logic you'll be ready to do it in Sonar!
post edited by ronboy - 2010/07/17 19:20:23
chilldanny
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/17 20:53:06 (permalink)
Ronboy,

I'm aware that Logic is one of the 'industry standards', it's used in the studio i work at.
My point was that to get my degree I have to learn Logic inside out which, perhaps if Sonar were coded for Mac, 'pro' studios would take notice and adopt Sonar as an 'industry standard'.
Then I'd be able to use my knowledge of Sonar to get my degree.
The unfortunate truth is, most 'pro' studios use Apple Mac.

And as far as video/film scoring goes, I've found Sonar to be more than upto the job,
it hasn't failed me yet!
So to say Logic is much better is a matter of preference rather than capability.

I absolutely agree with you though, having knowledge of Logic may well teach
me new things about Sonar, and that can only be a good thing!

Thanks for your thoughts =)
post edited by chilldanny - 2010/07/17 20:56:59

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
Freddie H
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 03:17:37 (permalink)
Some Studios use MAC, Pro Tools & Logic in their STUDIOS.... 

Many people driver Saab, Volvo and SKODA= Pro Tools... I don't care and don't mind as long they don't stand in my way in the traffic.
Personal I like to driver BMW or Ferrari but hey, that's just me... = SONAR.

Last I checked Pro Tools 32bit BETA struggle to just get their 32bit solid old Pro Tools 8 HD work just on Windows 7 x64bit. haha Not even the 32bit version work right...and don't think its any better on OSX. I do understand why so many "Pro" and Studios leave that 32bit looser platform... Still no x64bit BETA version out yet... and it will not come in any near future either....what a looser software! 

People that still use Pro Tools-----> is because they don't know anything else or know any better.
......go Pro Tools...go Pro Tools go Pro Tools....haha piece of **** LOL 

post edited by Freddie H - 2010/07/18 03:23:59

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Brett
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 04:13:07 (permalink)
You guys should know better than to argue with Apple Fan Boys. It really amazes me that people are so in love with bits of machinery to the extent they consider them "lifestyle products" (actual quote) rather than a tool to do a job.

I used Linux for everything except music. The only reason I have Windows is to run Sonar.

chilldanny
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 05:33:52 (permalink)
So just to reiterate,

I'd like to use Sonar to pass my degree.

;)

Danny M
Lemonboy
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 679
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 05:43:04 (permalink)

So just to reiterate, I'd like to use Sonar to pass my degree. ;)
chilldanny

So just to reiterate,

;)

Ahah! back to the start again!

. . . is that an Apple loop? 
chilldanny
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 05:46:55 (permalink)
Lemonboy

Ahah! back to the start again!

. . . is that an Apple loop? 
Certainly feels like it lol!

Danny M
Freddie H
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 08:52:24 (permalink)
The wind has turn---> The serious studios and people have start buying Windows machines with WINDOWS 7 x64 instead of MAC OSX...

Windows 7 x64 is the best working & performance OS in windows history so far...

jackn2mpu
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 11:39:35 (permalink)
Freddie H

The wind has turn---> The serious studios and people have start buying Windows machines with WINDOWS 7 x64 instead of MAC OSX...

You know Freddie it must be great to live with your head in the clouds. I wonder where you get your data from about 'serious studios and people' buying Windows machines with Win7 64 bit  instead of Mac OSX? I wouldn't have another Winbox even if it was given to me for free. Why should I buy a johnny-come-lately to the graphical UI world? No thanks. Sonar's a great program, it's just a shame it's saddled with running on a crap OS.

Jack
Qapla!
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/18 13:14:07 (permalink)

chilldanny

So just to reiterate,

;) 

I think this is one of the main reasons why Mac/Pro Tools (or Logic) are still such a standard - people are forced to use them. And if you're going to have to learn it inside out and work w/ it, at some point, to many people, it becomes a waste of energy and resources to keep working on 2 different platforms - you just convert/get assimilated. In the end, they're all the same anyway: tools. 

I'm quite sure that if people were given an actual choice when taking such courses, the almighty aforementioned combo would bite the dust. A few years from now, maybe.

Always makes me smile when I think of the old Apple "Think Different" moto, when they so desperately depend on being the established unquestioned standard they are in the audio video industry. Cos they're just that: established. Not better/worst. And if people were to actually start thinking different, or even just thinking... ;)

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
gothic.angel
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 572
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/19 14:39:36 (permalink)
Freddie H

...ABSOLUTELY agree..... Win7 x64 is almost the new "STANDARD"...

When it came, we had no problem to admit that Vista was not that good OS...
...NOW, likewise, we are pleased to have tried and found that Win7 is the best ever... hugely faster and more stable than ridiculous and irritating APPLE's "Yuppies' status" "i-craps"....

Of course (most) Apple fans won't ever admit it... their minds  are under Control of Apple's self-produced and thus self-claimed "standards products" ... so they're unattendable...

GothicAngeL - EBM - Dark Electronics

gothic.angel
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/19 15:01:52 (permalink)
jackn2mpu

...Sonar's a great program, it's just a shame it's saddled with running on a crap OS.

Jack, dear friend...

You must be the one with the head in the clouds... what the heck are you saying...?
"SONAR is a great program", and the fact that it was build and devoloped on Windows must mean something......

If you define Win7 "crap OS", it simply means you are biased...

by the way... Digital Performer, which you often mention, has been forgotten by almost everyone, thanks to Apple's disgusting "LogicPro-centred" policies... 

Apple's users complaining not to have SONAR (and FLStudio... Sony ACID Pro... ecc...)  on their side drive me mad... 

...They chose to live in the "i-Cage" that Apple build for them, where they claim they're happy (bleaaah....!!!),  but then need some freedom... and yearn others' stuff...!!! Why..? They should be so much satisfied with their shining, classy,  "hooking" "i-Tools"...!!!!     

Freddie H
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/20 04:54:51 (permalink)
gothic.angel

Freddie H

...ABSOLUTELY agree..... Win7 x64 is almost the new "STANDARD"...

When it came, we had no problem to admit that Vista was not that good OS...
...NOW, likewise, we are pleased to have tried and found that Win7 is the best ever... hugely faster and more stable than ridiculous and irritating APPLE's "Yuppies' status" "i-craps"....

Of course (most) Apple fans won't ever admit it... their minds  are under Control of Apple's
self-produced and thus self-claimed "standards products" ... so they're unattendable...

You must mean the new apple products iTalk & iThink. The new products that makes Apple do all the thinking & talking for apple users.
You hook it up to your head and from your own mouth comes automatic phrases like:

I'm a Mac... and its the best thing in the world.

I love Steve Jobs.

Hungry..need food...need apple.

Regards
Freddie

gothic.angel
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/20 05:21:40 (permalink)
Freddie H

You must mean the new apple products iTalk & iThink. The new products that makes Apple do all the thinking & talking for apple users.
You hook it up to your head and from your own mouth comes automatic phrases like:

I'm a Mac... and its the best thing in the world.

I love Steve Jobs.

Hungry..need food...need apple.

Regards
Freddie

Hi, Freddie...mate...!!!
That's a perfect summary of my thoughts about "Apple's World"....!!! That's the main point..!!! Sounds like a joke, but it's reality...!!!

We want you for President...!!!

My best regards to you, Fred..!

chilldanny
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/20 10:25:40 (permalink)
gothic.angel

If you define Win7 "crap OS", it simply means you are biased... 

Um, and you're not??
Judging by your posts I think you may be!
3 questions for you:

Have you actually used a Mac?
Have you actually used Logic?
Have you actually been to a pro studio? 

Danny M
pjl
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/20 11:00:08 (permalink)
@gothic.angel
You don't seem to realise that you come across as nothing more then the anti-Apple-fan-boy.  You opinions are just as biased and irrational as the tragics who live the "Apple can do no wrong" myth.

Make no mistake: Mac OS X is a great operating system.  Whether or not it is better than Windows 7 is a matter of personal preference/choice/circumstance but you are losing the plot here.  Apple fan boys deny that Apple (company and products) have issues - that is ludicrous.  You, however, imply that Apple has issues therefore all of their products are crap - which is equally ludicrous.

Apple make some great products - as do Cakewalk.

However, getting to the point of this thread, a substantial part of the industry (and the supporting educational structure) see Mac as the pro platform.  You don't have to think that's how it should be, you don't even have to agree that it's true.  However, if you want to get a degree in Music Tech. then you are more than likely going to have to deal with the Mac - like it or not.  Whether or not SONAR should be a part of that platform is a separate point but you can't blame a SONAR fan wanting an education from wishing he could use his favourite DAW with the OS he needs to embrace for professional reasons.

@Scott
You may deride the need for a degree in the industry but I really think he is living in the past.  Yes there are many people in the industry that don't have degrees and that will continue to be so in the future.  However, unfortunately, university degrees have become so common that many jobs that don't really need them are now requiring (or at least preferring) them - if only as an easy way to short list an excessive number of applicants.  When I was a kid if you wanted to be a lab technician in a high school you left school at 17 (after year 11) - now you haven't got a hope without a B.Sc. as a minimum.  I'm not saying that's good, it's just how it is.  Don't blame the op for wanting a piece of paper that, although not essential, may give him an edge in the industry.

Celebrate reason, sleep in on Sundays
chilldanny
Re:Will Sonar ever be coded for Mac??? 2010/07/20 11:12:37 (permalink)
Just to clear something up, I already work in the industry.
The degree is so that I can become a music teacher.
I'm in my thirties now and with pro studios closing worldwide I thought it prudent
to secure somesort of future.

Just so everyone's clear lol

Thanks PJL =)

Danny M
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1