Windows Uses Cracked Software....

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
dreamkeeper
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2141
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 07:56:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CJaysMusic

True and i stated my opinion, I do have that right, He throw the first stone and i will throw the last brick. He is putting down everyone not up to his standards. thats B/S
Cj

Gavin stated an opinion - you called him names.

ORIGINAL: Gavin

If English is your native tongue, there is ZERO excuse for not knowing how to use it properly.

How this is "throw[ing] the first stone" is really beyond me.

Your reply:
Is there Zero excuse for being an A-hole, or is that your native attitude.
Cj

I hate to do such things, but this forum means a lot to me. If you continue to run amok around here, I will do everything to get you banned. I've really had enough now!

werner

"... must've been another of my dreams ..."
CJaysMusic
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30423
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 07:59:15 (permalink)
Get me banned then bay boy, i have a million emails for backups. Im scared really scared of you....HA HA HA. Keep dreaming in your little dream world. Your running amuck
I feel so threated. NOT Get a life
Cj
Freedom of speach is the amirican way, block me if you dont like me
post edited by CJaysMusic - 2007/04/30 08:00:10

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
jinga8
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5817
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 08:08:38 (permalink)
Everybody to their rooms....NOW!!! and no dessert!
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 08:16:39 (permalink)
Hey there,

How, exactly, does one inspect the files for such "watermarks"? A hex editor? I wanna see for myself.

thanks,
mike
Honest_Al
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3642
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:14:31 (permalink)
Well it says there "things become interesting when you scroll down to the very bottom in notepad."
but you can also use something like http://www.funduc.com/fshexedit.htm

The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:16:49 (permalink)
Thanks Al.

I guess that was pretty obvious. So can you add your own watermarks with a hexeditor?

thanks,
mike
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:29:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: JV

OK GANG.................Once again I BEG CAKE to offer a spellcheck!!!!!!

It's built in to Firefox ... but it flags spellcheck as an error.
Ognis
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5129
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:36:25 (permalink)
Woz. I akully wed dis akidel an it sonded purtty inkeresting. They had of to of to hired an outside firm to do the musik for dem cuz i dont dank dat microshaft would of used a criz-acked version of soundforge.
Poco
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 746
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:41:16 (permalink)
Spell check? Install the Google toolbar. It has spell check and Auto-fill. Ever get tired of entering your name and address, etc, when you buy stuff on the net? It does it for you, and very accurately. I like it.

Poco

God People - God Music
Where there is no peace, it is not peaceful.
Ognis
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5129
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 09:45:19 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Poco

Spell check? Install the Google toolbar. It has spell check and Auto-fill. Ever get tired of entering your name and address, etc, when you buy stuff on the net? It does it for you, and very accurately. I like it.

Poco

So does Opera, it's called "Insert Personal". Opera is where it's at, I dont understand why people still use IE, and I esp dont see why people still use Firefox, all Firefox does is rip off Opera. But, if people like using a browser that can barlkey read html, and rips off all of its stuff from Opera, then go for it.
AndyW
Max Output Level: -45.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2956
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 13:34:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dreamkeeper

Lighten up...yes grammar and spelling are important for communication but, in general, "good enough" is, well, good enough.

But what exactly is "good enough"? For native English speakers it may be not so difficult to figure out what some butchered sentence means. But last time I looked there were also some people around here whose first language is not English - I am German for instance.

Well, I am not the "grand poobah" of what good enough is or not but your example is why we should be very tolerant wrt spelling and grammar...the fact that the internet is an international community.

Communication is a 2-way-street. If someone doesn't care whether the reader understands them or not, why do they post in the first place? How much effort does it take to read through the post before sending it and correct at least the worst errors? Is it a "cool" or "rebellion" attitude type of thing I don't understand?

I agree that people should make a basic attempt to error correct their posts, but making spelling and grammer *the* issue vice the real conversation always comes off as sounding petty.

Gavin just stated an opinion and was immediately attacked and insulted. Do you really support such behaviour? I'd be surprised...

werner

No, of course not...I was trying to advocate more civility all around.

Best,

AndyW

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR

www.soundclick.com/andyw
CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 13:43:56 (permalink)
Blah blah blah, Blah blahand Blah. I hope i spelled Blah correctly for those anal retentive forum members out there wainting to chomp on someone with dyslexia or is just a bad speller.
Ud ser beware: There are people on hear that do not tollorate incorrect spelling, so if you do not want to be put down, i request you hire o proof reader, just to be on the safe side. You dont want to piss the anal guys off, do you. I do
Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
Audio Blog
dreamkeeper
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 14:04:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: AndyW

Lighten up...yes grammar and spelling are important for communication but, in general, "good enough" is, well, good enough.

But what exactly is "good enough"? For native English speakers it may be not so difficult to figure out what some butchered sentence means. But last time I looked
there were also some people around here whose first language is not English - I am German for instance.

Well, I am not the "grand poobah" of what good enough is or not but your example is why we should be very tolerant wrt spelling and grammar...the fact that the internet is an international community.

Personally I think it's the other way round: Because this is an international community, we should all do our best to be understood correctly, no? There is potential for misunderstandings due to cultural differences enough. Why complicate matters even more? Note that Gavin's comment was directed at native speakers.

I was trying to advocate more civility all around.

Fair enough!

werner

dreamkeeper
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 14:09:08 (permalink)

... There are people on hear that do not tollorate incorrect spelling...

For the record: What I don't tolerate is constant rude behaviour. You can butcher your language all you like if you think it makes you look cool, I couldn't care less.

werner

AndyW
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:06:45 (permalink)

Personally I think it's the other way round: Because this is an international community, we should all do our best to be understood correctly, no? There is potential for misunderstandings due to cultural differences enough.

That's a good point. The "other side of the coin", if you will.

Best,

AndyW

www.soundclick.com/andyw
CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:10:27 (permalink)
more blah blah blah by dream, Making an accoasion spelling mistake is butchering. you just alittle overboard on that one. but maybee noone can live up to your high and might standards of the english launguage. Dreemkeeper. Make sure you check my spelling and point out every little error. This is getting kinda entertaining now.

Cj

Audio Blog
AndyW
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:19:10 (permalink)

Blah blah blah, Blah blahand Blah. I hope i spelled Blah correctly for those anal retentive forum members out there wainting to chomp on someone with dyslexia or is just a bad speller.
Ud ser beware: There are people on hear that do not tollorate incorrect spelling, so if you do not want to be put down, i request you hire o proof reader, just to be on the safe side. You dont want to piss the anal guys off, do you. I do
Cj

Are you replying to me?

Best,

AndyW

www.soundclick.com/andyw
orangesporanges
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 342
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:23:17 (permalink)
Hey xackley,
What book did you copy that out of?
CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:23:42 (permalink)
No Andy, im sorry i wasnt clear enough, you can guess who this was meant for. your one of the few a like.
Cj

Audio Blog
AndyW
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:24:32 (permalink)

more blah blah blah by dream, Making an accoasion spelling mistake is butchering. you just alittle overboard on that one. but maybee noone can live up to your high and might standards of the english launguage. Dreemkeeper. Make sure you check my spelling and point out every little error.
Cj

Cj, another point of forum etiquette(that I suspect you will take umbrage at but I mention it nonetheless...)... please reply to the person you intend to, not just the next guy on the list.

This is getting kinda entertaining now.

Then I would say you have an inappropriate sense of humor. Please let it go so this forum can go back to being more civilized. Your original post was interesting and worthwhile, yet now this thread is simply a back and forth between you and others about pointless things. Let it go. Please.

Best,

AndyW

www.soundclick.com/andyw
CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 15:42:52 (permalink)
Andy, i did mention the person i was responding too in that post your talking about. Also if we all dont have the same sense of humor, we are all different, but in my culture, i may forgive, but we never forget. If someone is rude to me, im not going to let it go, Never. I am going to stick up for myself evertime and not let someone else dictate to me what and how to post. Thats all
Cj

Audio Blog
xackley
  • Total Posts : 2973
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 16:06:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: orangesporanges

Hey xackley,
What book did you copy that out of?

Damn, and I thought Nobody would notice

Van Gogh, seeing more that a vase of flowers.
http://www.vggallery.com
Newer Song "River", let me know if you don't like it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=162668
AndyW
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 16:08:31 (permalink)

Andy, i did mention the person i was responding too in that post your talking about.

Agreed...but it was still confusing at first to me and is a fairly universal form of forum etiquette.

Also if we all dont have the same sense of humor, we are all different, but in my culture, i may forgive, but we never forget. If someone is rude to me, im not going to let it go, Never. I am going to stick up for myself evertime and not let someone else dictate to me what and how to post. Thats all
Cj

Then I suspect you will go through life pretty angry all the time because we are all imperfect and different and need to try and get along. IMHO, if you "never let it go", it means you never really forgave. Just my polite, friendly opinion. I see that you do have a lot to offer here...it just gets drowned out by your attitude sometimes. Again, no offense intended, just friendly advice. Peace.

Best,

AndyW

www.soundclick.com/andyw
CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 16:16:38 (permalink)
I neve forgett, I let things go all the time. for the record im very happy, I have a beautiful family that does not make fun of my deficiancies. Get the point, Because no one is getting it. if someone is going to attack me, i fight back, bottom line. This goes for work and my personal life. I will stick up for myself and thats all im doing. This hole thing is just B/S and im sick of people telling me how i should post. Im sick of it. I will post with spelling mistalkes and if anyone does not like it. I dont care. but when you start making fun of me, Im going to let you have it. Im being totally MIS-UNDERSTOOD HERE. and its not because of my spelling

Enough said about this, lets all move on,including Dreemkeeper and help some people instead of finding their faults.

Cj

Audio Blog
Michael Garrison
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 16:58:32 (permalink)
Cake Personel.....where are you????? Are you reading this crap? Stop it, why dont'cha?!!.....WILL YOU!!!!!?

"PhungkChild"
Catch me at www.drocksterphungk.com

AMD Athlon XP 2400
1 gigoRAM
40 GB HD 2x
M-Audio 2496 card
Behringer UB802
Radium 61/Korg padKontrol
Sonar7PE/Project 5.2/Reasons3/Ableton6/Kinetic2
jb
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2020
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 17:52:06 (permalink)
Wikipedia's a wonderful thing ...

Celeron 300A o/c 450, SBLive, Win98SE
stevepow
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 18:14:28 (permalink)
http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Issues_Firm_Denial_Amid_Piracy_Accusations/1100756076 - so a spell checker is not the only thing useful about Google.

What this has to do with Sonar is beyond me.

However, the attacks on poor spelling are like going after the hacking cough, but failing to treat the pneumonia.
post edited by stevepow - 2007/04/30 18:17:30
ooblecaboodle
  • Total Posts : 2102
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 18:42:45 (permalink)
Sorry if this has been mentioned (I read so far through the thread, and it seemed to disintigrate into CJ-bashing - ludicrous)
anyway...
I can't see that anyone actually working in Redmond would use knocked off software, i mean, it's not as if they don't have the money to buy legit versions of, well, everything really.

It's far more likely as is hinted at in the quoted article, that whoever was the contracted engineer, editor, musician or whatever who was employed to create the sounds was using cracked software.
I'd also love to hear what MS had to say about this, just out of curiosity really, but I imagine there's already been far too much time passed since this occured for any kind of reply. we would have read of something by now, surely.

I wonder if MS even knew, before the first time this articel was posted. I only ever check the metadata in files if we've got some loudmouth jackass going on and on about what a massive collection of plugins they've got. And even then it's only to wipe the smug look off their face when they find out how easy it is to tell if they're using cracked software! they usually get a bit nervous!
SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 18:57:57 (permalink)
You sir, have crossed the line MANY times in this thread and are showing some alarming colours. Please calm down and show some class. I will not be so polite next time I address your behaviour, I will use the Report button.

CJaysMusic
RE: Windows Uses Cracked Software.... 2007/04/30 19:03:28 (permalink)
Steve im scared, please Report me, and while your at it report everyone else who lost it. Im waiting, i have only defended myself from attacks. so report me SteveJL, why your at it you can go tell my momy too....LOL
CJ

Audio Blog
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1