Helpful ReplyBig announcement: #SONAR4Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 24
Author
slyman
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:23:02 (permalink)
pbognar
AllanH
...I fail to see how Sonar effectively can compete with Logic at $200. To me, there appears to be a limited value proposition with Sonar on Mac, especially in view of hardware costs. If I were willing to pay for a Mac, I would be focused on features, and go straight to Cubase or Logic.

We’ll see I guess, and I do hope this succeeds.

This ^^^

I was disappointed all day after the big reveal, but I now chalk it up to the hype, and feeling like I've come away with nothing.

Had there been no fanfare, just a nonchalant Mac announcement, it would have a lot easier to swallow.

Maybe it won't be so bad, having folks with MAC DAWs finally being able to play with Sonar.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up getting new or refined features once direct comparisons to other Mac DAWs are made.

Il agree 100% with your comments.  How the news were delivered, with all this hype, left lots of PC folks on their appetite. Yes, we were offered a great lifetime updates deal (which I've purchased) but it still feels to me like this deal was meant as a buffer to avoid upsetting current PC users.
My opinion anyways......
post edited by slyman - 2016/06/01 22:48:51

Sonar Platinum, Gigabyte H87-HD3, Intel 4770k, 16Mb Ram, Win 10 Pro, RME Babyface Pro, Roland A-Pro 800, Presonus Studio Channel, Kemper Profiling Amp, Strat/Tele/LesPaul/Taylor 214ce/Dean Cadillac/P-Bass
SilkTone
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1566
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:35:17 (permalink)
Dreamstation
This is a valid question and hasn't been addressed (as far as I can see).  I have been on the subscription system from the start.  I decided not to go ahead with the $99 fee, but to continue paying monthly.  I would like to know if those post-January payments are taken into consideration when calculating the Lifetime fee?  In my opinion it would be very fair if that were true.  If my monthly payments between January and up to August were factored into a reduction on the Lifetime payment, should I decide to pay that by August, then I would be very happy.

Has this been given due consideration?

I'll repost what I posted earlier in this thread. I think this is correct:

For those asking why they don't get the $99 offer after paying monthly... It is because you only paid up to 1 month max in advance. On the other hand, if you paid a year's worth of membership in Jan, then you still have 6 months left. Hence the price difference.

Windows 10 Pro x64, SONAR Platinum 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB, ASRock Z97 Pro4, Haswell 4790k @ 4.4GHz
32GB DDR3/1600, 500GB SSD (OS) + 256 GB SSD + 3TB MD
NVIDIA GTX-1070, 40" 4K Monitor + 1 Monitor in ISO booth
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:42:03 (permalink)
I don't see it being answered. So let's say I have Platinum and I don't upgrade to Lifetime updates- what will happens next year when my subscription year ends? Will I be charged renewal? Also after August 31st, there will be no "lifetime updates," so what will be for sale? Subscription with yearly paid renewals?

Wow- I did not think of Logic. I was Logic 4 and Logic 5 user. I remember how they offered us Logic 5 update on PC and it was the last update for Windows. I see it is possible to happen. Apple is sneaky and unethical this way.  

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  
cheez
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:47:47 (permalink)
letyourlightshineAbleton does it so does protools,reason and they have no problem.
Cakewalk will continue to innovate and make pc sonar better.
Maybe they are making a Mac version because many people and users like me have requested it,and maybe it's a good decision buianess wise for them too.

Let's hope you're right and they will continue to innovate the PC version. It's simple marketing - to develop a product, you need revenue and profit. If the PC version no longer brings in the cash (with "life-time subscription"), it's difficult to pay the salary of developers. But as Andrew said, they are looking at new-entry users. If the new entry-users are predominantly Mac users, then we'll know where Cakewalk will be heading. So I would say, the next year is going to be crucial towards where CW will be heading and I'll definitely be watching closely. Switching over to the Mac is not something I would consider in the near future for myself, but I may be the minority. Logic still leaves a bad-taste in my mouth after all these years...
Dreamstation
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:49:24 (permalink)
SilkTone
Dreamstation
This is a valid question and hasn't been addressed (as far as I can see).  I have been on the subscription system from the start.  I decided not to go ahead with the $99 fee, but to continue paying monthly.  I would like to know if those post-January payments are taken into consideration when calculating the Lifetime fee?  In my opinion it would be very fair if that were true.  If my monthly payments between January and up to August were factored into a reduction on the Lifetime payment, should I decide to pay that by August, then I would be very happy.

For those asking why they don't get the $99 offer after paying monthly... It is because you only paid up to 1 month max in advance. On the other hand, if you paid a year's worth of membership in Jan, then you still have 6 months left. Hence the price difference.

Ah, I see - I guess I missed that - Thanks!  Following this logic though... I'd like to wait until August to follow through with "Lifetime" due to the fact that August is when I will receive my tax return and therefore have the spare cash available.  If I continue to pay monthly until then, then I'll have accumulated monthly payments (more than the six months you mentioned above) which should offset the "Lifetime" payment come August.  Seems fair to me.  What is good for the goose, should be good for the gander, no?  If the offer is open until August, then the deal should get progressively cheaper as you approach August, given the logic that Cakewalk have applied for the $99 crowd.
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 22:55:42 (permalink)
cheez
...If the PC version no longer brings in the cash (with "life-time subscription"), it's difficult to pay the salary of developers.

Don't forget that (at least for now) the Lifetime plan is only for Platinum users so that still leaves Artist and Professional, and not all Platinum users are likely to get on board...    Plus there are the other products like Rapture Pro, PC modules, etc., all adding to the pot.  And who knows what they'll come up with going forward.   Huh, I guess the glass is half full from where I am. 

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:06:52 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
reactorstudios
There was something for everyone in the three facets of this announcement. Those of you in the 'meh' class might need meds.
Many thanks to the bakers for lots of hard work pushed through at a remarkably low cost.

I've used Cakewalk software since the CPA 4.0 days (first version to have audio).
  • The planned updates are nice (Ripple Editing, etc).  I've grown to expect those with rolling updates.
  • Lifetime updates is cool.  I thought Sonar was already very affordable.
  • Mac version of Sonar?  I have the fastest Mac you can currently buy... but my custom PC is faster.  To be able to run Sonar on that Mac (the way I do on the PC), I'd need $2k in external Thunderbolt drives.
While I don't want to be a downer, that does leave me feeling a bit "Meh".  

I agree completely Jim. I have two macs, both bootcamped,  and two PC's, both of which outperform the macs and cost far less to set up. I have zero interest in running Sonar on a mac. It has been native to PC for 28 years, and on a properly configured computer is easily as stable as any DAW on the mac (with the possible exception of the much less richly featured Abelton Live. The audio engine on that thing is freakishly indestructible:))

Prior to windows 7, there probably was a valid stability argument for choosing Apple OS, but that is ancient history now. Having used both PC's and Macs for decades, I can't for the life of me understand why you would choose a closed, expensive ecosystem over a faster,  cheaper, open architectured and more functional option. No offence intended to mac fans - to each their own of course:)

I do wish the Cakewalk team the every success in garnering a new Apple customer base, and they have certainly accumulated more than enough good will for me to believe they will stand by their promise of not slowing windows development.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
streckfus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:09:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sonarman1 2016/06/02 03:17:07
I'm really, really surprised that OSX was indeed one of the big announcements. I know there was plenty of speculation about that (and kudos to those of you who guessed correctly!) but I just didn't see it as being a necessary/lucrative endeavor given the number of DAWs already available for Mac (and the Logic/Pro Tools users who are probably very unlikely to jump ship regardless of whatever else is available on OSX). But hey, pretty freakin' cool. 

I'm also really, really surprised at the negativity here. I get that some people may be a little disappointed in the big news. Those who were hoping for a mastering suite, new notation editor, arrangement feature, etc. are obviously going to have to keep hoping. But the paranoia about Cakewalk utilizing lifetime updates as a cash grab because they know the end is near? Cakewalk has been in the business for what, 25 years? 30 year? And the past 18 months alone, at least in my mind, have been a huge leap forward. And the "coming in 2016" features is a pretty aggressive list, just as aggressive and feature-rich as what was delivered the past 18 months. Why wouldn't they keep it up? The fact that they're dipping their toes into OSX in addition to the planned features/fixes/enhancements etc. seems to indicate a big push forward, not an end-of-life scenario.

I personally would've like to have seen something like a notation editor or some snazzy new features, but I still think that - regardless of whether our personal wishes were granted or not - everything about this announcement shows great potential. I'm really interested in seeing what changes are in store for comping. The upcoming ripple edit feature has really got my attention. So many other DAWs seem to be standing still and just offering more of the same, but SONAR is evolving before our eyes, and it's evolving quickly.

Maybe I'm just a dumb fanboy, but man. You can't please everyone all the time, and of course Cakewalk knows this, but look at the big picture. SONAR is going places, and just because some requested features aren't included in this big announcement doesn't mean they couldn't show up eventually. The way I see it, things are looking really good for SONAR these days. 

Sonar Platinum | Win 10 Pro/64-bit | Core i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM | ASUS Z170-AR | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS8s
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:17:10 (permalink)
cheez
If the PC version no longer brings in the cash (with "life-time subscription"), it's difficult to pay the salary of developers. But as Andrew said, they are looking at new-entry users. If the new entry-users are predominantly Mac users, then we'll know where Cakewalk will be heading.

There are always new people coming into the world of recording. A little over half choose Mac and a little under half choose Windows. Windows 10 is coming on strong so the ratio might achieve parity.

That would put Cakewalk in a sweet position - dominance on Windows, and a presence on the Mac (sort of the reverse of Pro Tools).

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
THERAPSMITH
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:22:49 (permalink)
Thanks for the opportunity you guys are giving us. 
Cromberger
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1057
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:40:26 (permalink)
Greetings to all,

I have not posted to this forum for a very long time due to health and life issues.  Been using Cake products since 1996.  Used to be quite active on the forum and I'm glad to see that the forum is still an active place to come and find answers to Sonar questions.  I'm seeing a few names I recognize from "the old days" but many names I remember seem to no longer be here.  In any case, I'm glad to be back and I hope to be able to participate in the forum, though it probably won't be at the level I used to participate.

I want to put in my two cents about the June 1st "huge announcement".  Frankly, I am underwhelmed.  I was suspicious about the hype and my suspicions seem to be confirmed.  While I think it's a great step for Sonar to be ported to Mac (and I congratulate Cake for doing this), I do not now, nor have I ever, nor will I ever, use a Mac computer.  PC's have been running Cakewalk products just fine for me since 1996  and I see no reason to change.  I realize that being compatible with Mac will bring in new Sonar users, which is great, and it's great for those who are currently running Macs with Sonar.  But for all the hype, it doesn't do a thing for me.  Selfish?  Perhaps.  I just thought it was a bit oversold to those of us who use PC's.  I don't know what I was expecting, but porting to Mac sure wasn't even on my list of wants. 

That said, I do look forward to the upcoming new features that were also part of this "huge" announcement and I jumped on the monthly update bandwagon when it was first offered to me, as well as paying for the next year ahead of time.  I'm also going for the "lifetime updates", though I will wait until we see how it actually plays out before I make a final judgment on it.  Like many others, the "core" updates language leaves me feeling a little skeptical.  We shall see.

I have noticed from reading the forum recently (to get a feel for it before posting after such a long time away) that there are quite a few rah-rah folks here now and that some of the Cakewalk staff that contribute to the forum (for which I thank them profusely!) are pretty defensive about comments that aren't totally pro Sonar.  I do think this is a pity but I also understand.  I want to assure any of you who think my post is intended as a knock on Cakewalk, Sonar, or anything else, that is absolutely NOT the case.  I've been a loyal customer and user for quite a long time and my loyalty remains intact.  So I hope that nobody will take offense at my comments. 

Bill
post edited by Cromberger - 2016/06/02 00:07:12

Sonar Platinum
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Studio Cat DAW
Intel I-950 Processor
6 Gigs RAM
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R Audio Interface
Mackie HR824 Monitors
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/01 23:54:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby eikelbijter 2016/06/02 00:30:50
A big part of the risk is customer support going dark in tandem with deployment/demo mode issues. The Mac community is like a pool of sharks so unless deployment and support are top-notch, there is substantial concern for assuming a new user base will swarm in, especially in multi-DAW online environments where SONAR is substantially under-represented. Word of mouth advertising will win out over any marketing campaign, and the "One screw up negates 100 atta-boys" adage is something to seriously consider.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
eikelbijter
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1002
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:14:57 (permalink)
The part I don't get is this: how come I have to pay the same to get into "lifetime updates" even though I just paid for platinum already 4 months ago as the person who bought Producer X2  three years ago?

Xeon E3-1231V3, 16GB RAM, 480GB 840EVO SSD, MOTU 2480MK3, 424PCI w/ Sonar Platinum
Dell XPS 18, i5, 12GB RAM, 500GB SSD+128GB SSD, Roland VS-100 w/ Sonar Platinum

Dell XPS 13, i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB 840EVO SSD, Zoom UAC-2, Sonar Platinum

http://www.RicoBelled.com/

Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:23:13 (permalink)
In the initial announcement, those who renewed this year paid less for lifetime updates. The person who bought X2 Producer didn't renew last year so has to pay full price.

Probably the best thing to do is follow the instructions to find out whether you are eligible for additional discounts. As it says on the @SONAR4Life page:

Other discounts may apply. Log on to shop.cakewalk.com to see your pricing.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:32:03 (permalink)
Craig,

It seems as if there are some glitches yet in the pricing.  Two weeks ago I had the discount pricing and now, tonight, after pay day has arrived and I was ready to buy; I am back to a higher price.  I updated to Platinum, renewed and have made 17 payments.  I have sent a PM to Andrew, but it looks as if nothing will get done tonight. 

I am hopeful that Andrew can help me out, as I have been a loyal customer and have made every upgrade since 2004.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
Dreamstation
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:34:30 (permalink)
Anderton
In the initial announcement, those who renewed this year paid less for lifetime updates. The person who bought X2 Producer didn't renew last year so has to pay full price.

Probably the best thing to do is follow the instructions to find out whether you are eligible for additional discounts. As it says on the @SONAR4Life page:

Other discounts may apply. Log on to shop.cakewalk.com to see your pricing.

Hi Craig, care to weigh-in on my question?

"For those asking why they don't get the $99 offer after paying monthly... It is because you only paid up to 1 month max in advance. On the other hand, if you paid a year's worth of membership in Jan, then you still have 6 months left. Hence the price difference."

Quote above from Silktone.

Is this true (in bold)?  I understand how this applies if you take-up the offer here in the middle of the year (at the six month point)... but should you wait until the end of August, then the move to "Lifetime" should be even less, right?

Second to this, as a subscriber who has also now made 5-6 months of payments, how is that difference applied for the final amount?  Why should my six months of payments differ from the $99 crowd's six months of payments?
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:49:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2016/06/02 10:13:36
Can't wait for the Mac users feedback on using Staff View

noynekker
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1235
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 00:54:01 (permalink)
A few months ago I purchased a higher end PC laptop, despite everyone I know saying no, no, get a MAC . . .
but I said no, no  . . . my favourite DAW Cakewalk Sonar has never ever mentioned a MAC version was on their horizon. So yeah, a bit surprised by all this. Frankly, I was expecting the recent marketing hype to something more substantial, like better notation, or another joint venture with a major plugin maker, or another cutting edge DAW breakthrough that Cakewalk is famous for.

Only 1.5 years into the "new" membership plan, the rules change . . . lifetime updates, guess I should feel grateful, but instead I feel a bit confused. The money I've been spending helping and supporting Cakewalk every year, to further develop the software, well . . . now they're saying that's not so important. Seems it's now become more important to buy Cakewalk's other products / plugins / add-ons to offer my support.

Problem is, I've already bought most of the plugins / VSTi's that I need elsewhere, and it will probably be cheaper to update those instead of buying new Cakewalk plugs etc . . . now Cakewalk is finally catching up with their own offerings of mastering plugins, Quad curve EQ with Spectrum Analyzer, VST3 Synths, better Drum plugins . . . but sorry, I already bought that stuff somewhere else.

I remember Cakewalk saying (in 2015) it would probably cost $199 for the next years membership update, but somehow they gave us a deal of $99 in (in 2016) . . . now they want that $99 for "lifetime updates", guess I should feel grateful, but instead I feel confused.

Most of the recent Cakewalk Sonar new features, I have no use for . . . BUT, I do really appreciate many of the core improvements, making recording, mixing and creating, a much smoother process. For that reason I will spend the $99 to get my "lifetime updates" . . . but I worry Cakewalk will not get any more of my money in the future ? . . . how can that be a good business plan ? . . . just hope they know what they're doing.

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 01:03:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2016/06/02 14:33:21
Thank You Cakewalk for developing SONAR to unprecedented heights & endeavoring too create a future Mac version
I hope I can say what I have to say with out getting too gnarly around the edges .

I only care about one thing and one thing alone Making Music .

For many years the shortest distance between my desire to create new music and the actualization of the music I was looking to give form too and express in a tangible physical form has constantly been achieved by using SONAR as my primary musical creation tool  ...
Even when I have used Logic , I still bring my work into SONAR for all the final editing and touches .

I do not consider my self a PC or a Mac guy at all .I consider myself to be a guy who will use what I currently have .
Since I have both platforms , they are what I will gladly run .No matter how humble the current specs of my music Rigs may be .

I found Jim's post interesting up to a point , Yet in absolute truth and honesty from where I'm sitting ,
I don't give 2 $hits about what computer , OS , or hardware that is currently out there which claims to be the latest , the greatest , or the fastest or the best ....

I'm not a studio owner I'm a player first ..that is my main marketable skill and that is what I choose to focus on .

When it comes to Speed , the only Speed I really care about is The Speed of Musical Inspiration . 

In other news,
The past few days my mind has been constantly bombarded by the collective brunt of the general tone of many of the users of this forums subjective fears ...
The highlight reel includes Panic , fear , anger , speculation on the rise and fall of Cakewalk . Lets also include any other number of imaginary personally biased ideas that have been kicked up from the dark recesses of the sedimentary level of ones own vain imaginings .... 

Yeah , I do get it . Too be human is too be human right ? I guess that includes the whole total spectrum of the physiological and neurological roller coaster  joy rides  some of us here have taken in our written posts ...

Thankfully there is a way out for me .
I choose to harness and wield the most powerful weapon I posses against the gravitational pull of all the subconscious influences and ramblings that have invaded the Absolute "Shaky"  Peace and Serenity of my Orbit ...
With one bold slash of the sword of my minds eye  I have laid waste to my inner opponent whom had taken up residence in my being in the form of an energy parasite ....having done so with out my consent I might add....
While surveying the devastation of my slain opponent as it withered it's dying last breaths , I was struck with a clarity of mind that had been absent from me ever since the thread announcing the June 1 st happenings had been started .
I took the time to ask myself , How could I have possibly missed this important incentive and good news ?
There it was ,the message stood boldly shining in absolute clarity  as it stood there as plain as the nose on my face ...
What was the important  message you ask ?

Cakewalk asked "you and me "  if "We wanted to be friends for life with full support " or Infinity for those of you who so choose ...

all the best ,

Kenny     

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2016/06/02 01:55:19

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Bflat5
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 421
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 01:24:30 (permalink)
Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk
The upgrade price from SONAR Platinum is $199. However if you renewed earlier this year (meaning this was technically the second time you purchased SONAR Platinum in the last 18 months), and paid say $99 during that promo, we are only charging you $99 (basically the difference). Since you didn't renew, you would just pay the full upgrade price. It's essentially the same price.

I renewed In February, I believe, but when I log into the CW Store it still says my Lifetime upgrade price is $199. Am I looking at the wrong thing or am I missing something?

Custom PC running Windows 10 64, i7 CPU, 32gigs of RAM, Focusrite 18i20, Sonar Platinum.

Jackson USA and Custom Shop Guitars and Basses
Takamine And Fender Acoustics
Marshall JVM 410H and JCM 800
BOSS FX (Mostly)
Gain Junkies Forum << Come join us. It's all about Rock & Roll!
werewindle
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 01:59:33 (permalink)
Worth the wait was holding off on purchasing Console 1 but now on its way for Monday when I just happen to have a week off.
Dreamstation
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 02:01:03 (permalink)
werewindle
Worth the wait was holding off on purchasing Console 1 but now on its way for Monday when I just happen to have a week off.

You're going to love it.  Takes a little getting used too, but then its a game changer.
werewindle
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 02:54:06 (permalink)
Well I have 2 months to get to grips with it as next 4 day recording session is not till 1st week in August. This time I'll make sure I plug the mic cable back in during the vocal take as last time just couldn't see why nothing was happenning, in my defence it was 10 hours in to session.
perfectprint
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 862
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 03:27:39 (permalink)
surprising windows users with the big news of sonar going mac after a two week drumroll us underwhelming to say the least. (am typing this from a dualboot mbp daw btw)

my lifetime subscription plan also increased $50 while waiting for the news too :/

Sonar Platinum                      

sonarman1
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 255
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 03:35:27 (permalink)
I dont get it how some people are like. Ohh sonar for mac. I feel let down as a pc user. What do I get from this. Now its a two platform. Quite a  similar reaction of some kids when a new sibling is born 
Morvejones
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 03:46:11 (permalink)
SilkTone
Dreamstation

Yes we understand that, but do you honestly think we would have paid £71.34 ($103) this year if we had known they would just wipe it off? NO, we would have renewed ($99) for the year, we have also invested £202 ($291) on platinum so far and still get the $199 deal the same as an X3 user that has invested nothing! and like i have said before most people who would pay monthly would have continued to over the year that adds up to more income than $99, but then again if they offered lifetime updates in december they would have probally wiped our previous 11 months off and gave us a $250 price. 

Fx8350, 32gb ram, Win10, SPlat (latest) , Fl studio, DFHS 
Echo layla 3G, Jvm410h, HD147 Pod Pro XT/X3, 
Behringer B2031A's, MCU Pro, Roland TD3 kit, Edirol PCR-30, Trigger Finger, Bcf2000
Pod Farm,Guitar rig 5, Amplitube 4,T-racks,Waves,Nomad factory Fab Filter,Psp,Toontrack and P&M plugs

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 05:23:14 (permalink)
Morvejones
SilkTone

Yes we understand that, but do you honestly think we would have paid £71.34 ($103) this year if we had known they would just wipe it off? NO, we would have renewed ($99) for the year...

It's very easy to say in hindsight what would have happened if things had been different than they were. I don't know if CW was already planning the lifetime deal at the beginning of this year, though I kind of think not, because it's probably been a headache for them trying to make it as fair as possible, even though it might be hard to see that from where you're standing.

Regardless, you had a choice between an advance purchase that would have saved you money over the long term, and a monthly payment plan that offers convenience and an easy opt-out, in exchange for a bit more money over the course of the year. You chose the latter, likely because it was more convenient to you at the time. None of us knew what would happen, we all made choices based on the information available to us at the time. So it goes. 

... we have also invested £202 ($291) on platinum so far and still get the $199 deal the same as an X3 user that has invested nothing! 

But you've had access to the software over the past year and a half, whereas the X3 user has not. You paid monthly and had access. By your logic, I could complain that I should get lifetime updates for free since I've already paid in $200 since Platinum launched, which is the same as an X3 user can pay today to get lifetime membership. But that would be ignoring the immense value that I've got from using the software over the past year and a half. (On the other hand, I've also paid money for things that I ended up not using very much, which is my loss based on my choice).

Look, I know it sucks to be in a situation that seems unfair, and it's easy for me to be more philosophical because I have a $99 offer based on my upgrade earlier this year. But choices in life often have unforeseen consequences, and it's not up to CW to make everything fair for everyone, even if that were objectively possible - let alone try to make it fair according to what everyone thinks is fair, usually because it benefits them personally.

You are not being punished, but you can't always have your cake and eat it too. CW has made an offer that is as fair as they feel they can make it, and everyone has to decide whether the offer is worth it to them personally. It's just another choice. 

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
tzzsmk
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 05:28:40 (permalink)
lifetime license sounds really nice,
but what really matters is the licensing/activation system,
with all respect to Cakewalk, CCC is not pleasure to work with,
for serious studio use of Sonar, computers being completely offline (due to security and functional reasons), it appears fairly impossible to use Sonar - I would really like to see something like "export iLok license" within CCC, so it would be possible to run Sonar on offline production computers
GIM Productions
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 05:32:38 (permalink)
Hi all,i m a cake user since pro audio 9 and i would tell you some considerations about the attitudes of some sonarists on Cake's Big news......
Cake is the only company that have a so ongoing relationship with customers and in the last six years cake team has worked hard on customers feedbacks.....
The big news is overrated.......
Remember a couple years ago the Avid Pro Tools worldwide annouce for the "per clip effect" feature that we had in Sonar many years before......
Lifetime upgrade is expensive.......
Are you jocking?
199 or 99 for Platinum owners are the best deal of our life,for me,especially if you look the third part plugins price for example...
For me and i repeat,for me,some are never happy.
Greetings

Intel i7 3600,Asus Z170P,16 GIG Corsair ram,Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i\o,Nektar Impact LX 49,Focusrite Liquid Mix,Monitors ADAM-K&H,Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 SP1
Producer....more stuff in SStudio, Rome ,Italy.
SONARtist
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 599
Re: Big announcement: #SONAR4 Life, #SONAR4Mac, #SONAR4You 2016/06/02 06:06:25 (permalink)
Bravo !!  You guys never cease to amaze me, and this after 22+ years !!!
Thank you.

Sonar Platinum
(previously Cakewalk for DOS & all Pro Audio | All Sonars Professional & Producer)
ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe / Intel HexaCore i7-3930K / 32 GB RAM
240 GB SSD / 2x 1TB SSD + 4TB SSD / 4TB NAS / Matrox ExtIO F1220 RGU & Dual 24" Mons / Win7 x64 SP1
SSL Alphalink/MADI Xtreme FO System / Genelec 5.1 Surround
Multitude of external gear, SI's & PlugIns
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 24
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1