Helpful Reply‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018]

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 30
Author
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 09:28:28 (permalink)
Thanks a lot to BandLab and Meng. Unfortunately Im in hospital at the moment, and still havent been able to check things out. From what I can read something good is waiting for me when I get out.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 10:36:56 (permalink)
chris.r
so no pow-r dithering, no session drummer in CbB... but what about the drum replacer and it's content, is izotope radius mix algo for audio pitch/stretching still there? and what about bark in the dog by boz prochannel module?

this is a good question as the new free versions streamlining seems to be the licensed 3rd party stuff (pow-r, etc) being removed

it would be nice to get an official proper clear feature comparison from bandlab, cbb as compared to the final cakewalk-the-company version of sonar

just a sec

Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 10:46:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Lord Tim 2018/04/07 11:24:54
I installed CbB on a completely virgin laptop - it's never known SONAR in any incarnation

The plugins it installed were:

VSTi's - all the SI Instruments, plus TTS-1
Audio plugins - All the Sonitus suite, plus TH3, Boost 11
Pro Channel Modules - Breverb 2, Console Emulator Bus & Channel, PC4K Bus Compresser, P76 Compressor, Rematrix Solo, Saturation Knob, Tape Emulator, Tube Saturation, FX Chain & the Style Dial Fx

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
MagickT
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 11:12:09 (permalink)
Hi!

I dont see drum replacer and melodyne in region FX (melodyne is avaible as VST only). Do I need to install my Sonar Platinum for drum replacer and melodyne integration?
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 11:40:26 (permalink)
MagickT
Hi!

I dont see drum replacer and melodyne in region FX (melodyne is avaible as VST only). Do I need to install my Sonar Platinum for drum replacer and melodyne integration?

Yep - Vocalsync only

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
GIM Productions
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 12:22:01 (permalink)
MagickT
Hi!

Sorry to hear this,but i can see melodyne in region fx,all my splat plugs are in CbB after install.
Greetings

Intel i7 3600,Asus Z170P,16 GIG Corsair ram,Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i\o,Nektar Impact LX 49,Focusrite Liquid Mix,Monitors ADAM-K&H,Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 SP1
Producer....more stuff in SStudio, Rome ,Italy.
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 12:37:08 (permalink)
MagickT
Hi!

Compare your VST folders in CbB with the VST folders in SPLAT.

After I upgraded Melodyne from v2 to v4, it put it in a different folder so maybe that's your problem.

If you add the missing folders to CbB, it should scan those and your plugins will become available.

I really wish the team would improve the plugin manager and/or vst folder settings tab. The list of folders is a tiny window with no way to resize it, or copy/paste a list of folders to the clipboard. I ended up having to take screen shots at various scroll-bar positions within SPLAT, print it out, then manually navigate to each individual folder within CbB. I guess you only have do this once per install though.

M.
acre
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 13:00:06 (permalink)
I used Sonar Home for a long time and am excited about this new venture! Problem: I downloaded the bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe file, and then downloaded the cakewalk.exe file. On installation, I received several file error messages. Most of them read like, Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

There were 12 such DLL files that would not work. Of course, when I tried to open the program itself, it wouldn't open because of these file errors. Anyone know what I can do? I tried downloading and installing it twice. Currently, I have Cubase Artist 8 installed. My computer is brand new and very powerful. Thanks.

Current Gear: Yamaha Genos, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.
Teksonik
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 521
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 13:10:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Steve_Karl 2018/04/07 17:50:31
julianochrisway
1- This app that connects to my account is very invasive

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly, they're looking for worries to worry about. The Software is amazing the app does not bother anything at all.

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly you need to educate yourself on the definition of invasive. Anything that gives itself permission load at Startup without asking the user's permission is invasive. It's prudent not to trust developers who take liberties with your system. (this is in reference to the first version of the download files)

I uninstalled it and spent the next half an hour pulling out leftover files from the installation including an .exe that was still set to load at Startup.

Like I said before offering this version of Sonar for free is a generous gesture but the bloatware it comes with makes it not worth installing if you already own another version of Sonar.

I'd rather pay a one time fee to upgrade my Sonar X3 to the latest version without all the Command Center or  Bandlab Assistant bloatware. Sometimes "free" is not the best value.... 

risu
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 13:55:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ch.huey 2018/04/07 18:36:01
Please update the first post on http://forum.cakewalk.com/Hello-from-BandLab-Updated-2132018-m3730905.aspx, I had that thread on my bookmarks and was polling the first message for updated info on new Sonar release. Some others may have missed the release too because that thread hasn't been updated.
MagickT
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 14:31:52 (permalink)
GIM Productions
MagickT
Hi!

Sorry to hear this,but i can see melodyne in region fx,all my splat plugs are in CbB after install.
Greetings

1.What is about drum replacer?
2. If I see melodyne in VST effects list, accordingly Cakewalk scans the following folder. But melodyne is avaible as VST plugin only. I dont think that this problem with VST folder. Maybe I need to install sonar platinum again? I deleted it a few months ago.

lsisaxon
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 14:43:25 (permalink)
I don't have any problems with the installation except for Windows telling me the installation file is untrusted and Avast telling me that the ScanVST is suspicious. Nevertheless, I proceeded and everything including my VSTs on SONAR Platinum and settings are installed and ported over problems free. My projects also run without problems. There were some dropouts but when I reverted to SONAR Platinum, it was the same so it could have been due to the Windows 10 upgrage than anything else. I increased the ASIO buffer a little and everything runs fine again on both Cakewalk by BandLab and SONAR Platinum.
lsisaxon
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 14:45:56 (permalink)
acre
I used Sonar Home for a long time and am excited about this new venture! Problem: I downloaded the bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe file, and then downloaded the cakewalk.exe file. On installation, I received several file error messages. Most of them read like, Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

There were 12 such DLL files that would not work. Of course, when I tried to open the program itself, it wouldn't open because of these file errors. Anyone know what I can do? I tried downloading and installing it twice. Currently, I have Cubase Artist 8 installed. My computer is brand new and very powerful. Thanks.

I think it was the same with SONAR Platinum that has to do with the older plugins.

Sorry, my bad, I read wrongly and thought it was a problem with SONAR Home plugins. Please ignore this reply. I could not delete it.
jgarland
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 147
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 15:04:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Kamm Schreiner 2018/04/07 15:45:43
Teksonik

...... Anything that gives itself permission load at Startup without asking the user's permission is invasive......

have a look at services.msc - you might be surprised at what Windows loads at startup - all without asking for permission.

Cakewalk by BandLab, Asrock X399 Fatal1ty, TR 1950X, Enermax TR4 360 AIO Cooler, G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14Q--32GFX RAM, HAF 932 advanced case, Seasonic 1000 SSR-1000TD psu, 960 EVO 1TB & 250GB NVMe pcie SSD, 850 EVO 1TB (data), Gigabyte GTX 1080, Saffire Pro 26, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, empty wallet :)
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 16:16:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MagickT 2018/04/07 16:49:14
MagickT

2. If I see melodyne in VST effects list, accordingly Cakewalk scans the following folder. But melodyne is avaible as VST plugin only. I dont think that this problem with VST folder. Maybe I need to install sonar platinum again? I deleted it a few months ago.

Make sure the VST3 format of Melodyne is installed and scanned. It is the plug-in used for Region FX. Celemony installs the VST3 plug-in in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony. If it is there, make sure C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 is in the Cakewalk scan path. If you need to reinstall Melodyne, get the installer from your Celemony account.
scook
Forum Host
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 16:20:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby acre 2018/04/08 13:32:18
acre

See http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2016000033/Unable-to-register-the-DLL-OCX-RegSvr32-failed-with-exit-code-0x3

MagickT
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 16:57:41 (permalink)
scook
Make sure the VST3 format of Melodyne is installed and scanned. It is the plug-in used for Region FX. Celemony installs the VST3 plug-in in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony. If it is there, make sure C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 is in the Cakewalk scan path. If you need to reinstall Melodyne, get the installer from your Celemony account.

Oh, My Bad, I deleted VST3 directory from Cakewalk VST folders list :) Thanks, scook!

Melodyne is ok now. What about Drum replacer? Is it avaible in Cakewalk by Bandlab?

scook
Forum Host
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 17:07:03 (permalink)
MagickT
scook

Oh, My Bad, I deleted VST3 directory from Cakewalk VST folders list :)

Melodyne is ok now. What about Drum replacer? Is it avaible in Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Not yet. Drum Replacer was a separate installer in SONAR. CbB has two installers:
Cakewalk.exe - This is similar to the old SONAR Platinum installer
Instrument.exe - This is the old Artist Instrument Collection
None of the other installers have been ported. If you want any of your old SONAR stuff, install SONAR. CbB will use it. BandLab is migrating the rest of what they purchased but the DAW comes first.
giovanni.marsella
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 17:16:05 (permalink)
I have Sonar on 2 computers, one online and one offline. What to do if in the future I need to reinstall Sonar on the offline pc? Now I copy the files from one PC to another and start the setup manually?
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 17:21:47 (permalink)
Toddskins
Saxon1066
Thumbs down to the name. Weak.

I really do agree with you on this point.

A company is trying to win new clients, then they should use a name that seeks to achieve that.  'Guess it's too late for them now?

CwBBL

quibble, v.

To raise a petty objection; to argue about a triviality; to evade the point at issue by a quibble.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
NealClark
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 17:50:06 (permalink)
"For anyone concerned that downloading Cakewalk by BandLab via BandLab Assistant might mess with your system or existing software – we’ve put a lot of effort into making sure that it doesn’t affect previous SONAR installations - Cakewalk by BandLab and previous versions of SONAR can run on the same machine with no issues."

I have found this not to be the case.

I had still been running my Sonar X3 on a windows 7 machine and having read this statement I assumed it to be true and decided to install Cakewalk by Bandlab. It downloaded and installed without issue. When running it for the first time it correctly prompted me to import my settings from the X3 install which also seemed to go okay. However as soon as I opened an existing project that is when the issues started. Existing VST and plugins from 3rd parties would no longer load and reported that they were not licensed. I assumed that this may be an issue with bitbridge as i have quite a few legacy 32 bit plugins that I use. I reverted back to X3 to test the same project only to discover that those plugins wouldn't load correctly in there now either.

I am therefore making an assumption that the installation of Cakewalk by Bandlab had overwritten the BitBridge files and it caused both CbB and X3 to cease to function correctly. On further investigation i found that this applied to all of my legacy 32 bit plugins. As some of these are now longer available this caused me a lot of concern as it meant that I could no longer go back and edit some older projects that I have been working on. Some personal projects have been ongoing for a number of years.

I am assuming that this has been caused by the UAC and the installer for CbB no longer having the ability to install "for all users" option. Thus the permissions for BitBridge to access the relevant VST, plugins and registry keys. The only way around this is to run both my X3 and CbB "as administrator" which isn't ideal.

I have been a long time Cakewalk user and have never experienced this issue before. I have upgraded from 7 to 8.5, no issues, 8.5 to X1 Producer, no issues, all the way up to X3 producer without issue. I still have them all installed on this same machine, so that I can go back and re-edit in the original environment if needed, they all now have BitBridge issues.

I cant, as far as I can see, uninstall Cakewalk by Bandlab to roll back the system to its previous state. I am assuming an uninstall will also remove things, like the Studio Instruments and more importantly BitBridge completely. I would appreciate if anyone else can clarify this.

The Cakewalk by Bandlab installer need to be modified to address these issues. The statement that it installs in a completely different location and will not effect previous installs is competely untrue and you should make users aware of that.

I applaud the Cakewalk by Bandlab Team for the release of this version and wish them every success with the move forward. You do however need to address the installer issues I have outlined here.

If anyone has a better fix for this than always running "as Admnistrator" i would appreciate some help.

Regards.

Neal.

Steve_Karl
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 18:12:09 (permalink)
NealClark
 If anyone has a better fix for this than always running "as Admnistrator" i would appreciate some help.
 Regards.
 Neal.

Neil,
Thanks for the heads up on X3.

This is one of the most telling posts I've ever seen for a reason to be using a partition imaging program like Macrium Reflect.
In a situation like yours rolling back would be bullet proof with Macrium Reflect because it copies a complete image of the OS partition, or any other partition you choose, to one file, that can be restored, putting your OS back to the 'exact' state when you created the image.

I have X3 running along side of SPLAT 2017.01 on my audio PC.
Before installing CbB I created an image of that OS called "SAFE_Before_CbB".

I installed CbB and had a quick look around, but didn't check to see if X3 was working perfectly because I'm mainly using SPLAT 2017.01. Even so, once I had a good look at CbB I restored my SAFE image thinking I'd wait a bit and install CbB later when I have more time to make sure everything was good with other software on the OS.

Restore took about 12 minutes, and my OS is exactly as it was when I created the image.
Restore requires booting from a USB stick that can be created using tools inside of Reflect.
It works with any version of Windows.

Macrium Reflect is as bullet proof as it gets, and it's free and very benign.

I highly recommend anyone wanting very safe roll back start using some form of partition imaging.

Also an other hot tip. Avoid Acronis.
It requires payment and is not nearly as stable and reliable as Macrium Free.

P.S. I'm not associated With Macrium in any way other than being a very happy user of the free version.

Steve Karl
https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
SPLAT 2017.01
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 18:27:15 (permalink)
It could be that your "missing VST's" paths are not in the Cakewalk Plugin Mangers Scan Paths have you checked?

If it has installed correctly you should have a new sub-directory in your Cakewalk Tree in the Programs Directroy
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core
This contains the core CbB program.

Then In your Cakewalk Content directory, on whatever drive that is located, three new directories
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes

Nothing is over written or lost.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
julianochrisway
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 18:30:33 (permalink)
Teksonik
julianochrisway
1- This app that connects to my account is very invasive

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly, they're looking for worries to worry about. The Software is amazing the app does not bother anything at all.

I'm sorry for the sincerity but frankly you need to educate yourself on the definition of invasive. Anything that gives itself permission load at Startup without asking the user's permission is invasive. It's prudent not to trust developers who take liberties with your system. (this is in reference to the first version of the download files)

I uninstalled it and spent the next half an hour pulling out leftover files from the installation including an .exe that was still set to load at Startup.

Like I said before offering this version of Sonar for free is a generous gesture but the bloatware it comes with makes it not worth installing if you already own another version of Sonar.

I'd rather pay a one time fee to upgrade my Sonar X3 to the latest version without all the Command Center or  Bandlab Assistant bloatware. Sometimes "free" is not the best value.... 

First the App is beta
Second you already have the update that to disable the App on Windows startup

Now you can go make your donation to the team of Cakewalk and Bandlab 
Exercise your gratitude and patience ...

Studio Gears:
Interfaces: Roland, Allen & Heath and Other
Native Daw: Cakewalk by Bandlab
Midi Controllers: Roland A88, Akai LP8, Arturia Keylab 61 Essential, M-audio Oxygen 61 V3

PC Setup: Core I7 6700 4.0, Corsair 8GB 2400mhz, 1TB 
Note Setup: Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GH, Corsair 16GB (1600mhz)

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 18:51:35 (permalink)
Steve_Karl
NealClark
 Regards.
 Neal.

Neil,

This is one of the most telling posts I've ever seen for a reason to be using a partition imaging program like Macrium Reflect.
In a situation like yours rolling back would be bullet proof with Macrium Reflect because it copies a complete image of the OS partition, or any other partition you choose, to one file, that can be restored, putting your OS back to the 'exact' state when you created the image.

I installed CbB and had a quick look around, but didn't check to see if X3 was working perfectly because I'm mainly using SPLAT 2017.01. Even so, once I had a good look at CbB I restored my SAFE image thinking I'd wait a bit and install CbB later when I have more time to make sure everything was good with other software on the OS.

Restore took about 12 minutes, and my OS is exactly as it was when I created the image.
Restore requires booting from a USB stick that can be created using tools inside of Reflect.

I highly recommend anyone wanting very safe roll back start using some form of partition imaging.

P.S. I'm not associated With Macrium in any way other than being a very happy user of the free version.

I second the Macrium vote. I'm considering getting the paid version, because it allows you to access things directly from the image, without actually restoring it. so you could, for example, find a synth you had configured in a project, before Windows annihilated itself, and you had to reinstall it, and lost all your projects etc. You could even access all the saved projects and bring them on to your new system.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 18:54:57 (permalink)
Paul P
Toddskins
Saxon1066
Thumbs down to the name. Weak.

I really do agree with you on this point.

A company is trying to win new clients, then they should use a name that seeks to achieve that.  'Guess it's too late for them now?

CwBBL

quibble, v.

To raise a petty objection; to argue about a triviality; to evade the point at issue by a quibble.

I beat you to it. Also, you could pronounce it "cowbell."

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

NealClark
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 19:03:00 (permalink)
Steve_Karl
NealClark
 Regards.
 Neal.

Neil,

I appreciate that Macrium would have solved the issue. Shame I didn't think of that before. I did assume that the statement about the install was correct. I've been in working in IT long enough to have known better. Oh well. Thanks for the reply Steve
NealClark
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 19:13:06 (permalink)
Wookiee
It could be that your "missing VST's" paths are not in the Cakewalk Plugin Mangers Scan Paths have you checked?

If it has installed correctly you should have a new sub-directory in your Cakewalk Tree in the Programs Directroy
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core
This contains the core CbB program.

Then In your Cakewalk Content directory, on whatever drive that is located, three new directories
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data
%drive%:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes

Nothing is over written or lost.

The paths to the VST's are all there and fine. It definitely seems to be that ability of BItBridge to scan them, so I am almost sure it is a permissions issue. When i run "as administrator" and rescan they are all there and work as expected, well almost ....

I would suggest that some files must have been overwritten, changed or added as the new version of CbB still uses the folders listed here:-

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared MIDI Plugins
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments

Those aren't replicated in the new install folder so it must use or re-install these.

Thanks for the reply

scook
Forum Host
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 19:22:51 (permalink)
CbB uses them all. While CbB installs as a new product/upgrade, it is basically SONAR 2017.11 with Platinum features. Like all versions of SONAR and its derivatives, there are a common set of utilities and plug-ins. These files are in the "Shared" folders.
NealClark
Re: ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [4/4/2018] 2018/04/07 19:35:22 (permalink)
scook
CbB uses them all. While CbB installs as a new product/upgrade, it is basically SONAR 2017.11 with Platinum features. Like all versions of SONAR and its derivatives, there are a common set of utilities and plug-ins. These files are in the "Shared" folders.

i appreciate that is the case but the notes in the announcement regarding CbB, and I quote it again here for clarification :-

"For anyone concerned that downloading Cakewalk by BandLab via BandLab Assistant might mess with your system or existing software – we’ve put a lot of effort into making sure that it doesn’t affect previous SONAR installations - Cakewalk by BandLab and previous versions of SONAR can run on the same machine with no issues."

and that hasn't proved to be the case. I was just pointing this out to make others aware and to seek some clarification.  The "it doesn’t affect previous SONAR installations" is completely untrue, and misleading, as it clearly does.

Neal.
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 30
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1