Helpful ReplyNo notation fixes!

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 40
Author
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/13 20:17:27 (permalink)
DRanck

Michael - I could create 2 versions of each composition, 1 for sound, 1 for the score. Sadly that's just too much effort for me.

All I do is open a saved version from say my external drive, use that as the "notation" version, and then save it under a new name (Skating Score for example).

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

interpolated
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/14 14:16:31 (permalink)
Anderton
Thanks for the effort Jerry, I've passed the info along to the Bakers. 

Love that quote.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/14 15:39:49 (permalink)
I just spent about 24 hours installing, learning and testing Digital Performer for Windows--again (I did the same thing about 18 months ago, when it first came out for Windows). 

I think DP's ergonomics are wonderful, the notation editor is better in these respects:  It can display tied and dotted triplets correctly (I originally thought that dotted triplets were a problem, but apparently now they are not) and also 64th notes correctly (which I use almost never). That's about it.  I actually like Sonar's method of having a continuous staff running along the length of the monitor rather than try to emulate a letter- or legal-size manuscript paper, as DP does.  It is much easier to resize staves in Sonar, DP wastes a lot of precious screen real estate, at least in terms of notation. 

I would simply use both programs but here's the insurmountable problem with DP:   It drops MIDI notes and notes hang.   It only happens when I am sending midi data from the DAW to my 2nd (dedicated to VSL library) computer, using two MOTU MIDI interfaces, the Express XT (8x) and the Microlite (5x5).  I never experience dropped or hanging notes in Sonar, in all the 22 years I've been with Cakewalk, I can count maybe two times that I experience dropped, or hanging notes.  DP doesn't have a MIDI buffer setting as Sonar does, which might fix the problem.

DP's tech support is great, really helpful people, but I cannot use a program that impacts MIDI playback.  Having a few display bugs in the staff view is acceptable (although I wish Cakewalk would do something about it) but dropped notes are not acceptable.  If there were something wrong with the 2nd midi interface, I would think that Sonar would have a problem with dropped notes, but it doesn't.  Strange thing is, both MIDI interfaces are made by MOTU, as is my audio interface. 

So, I'll probably be using Sonar exclusively for the future.  If they improve the staff view CW will have the most stable, feature-rich, reliable DAW on the market, as much for producers, engineers and beat-makers as for composers, songwriters, arrangers, film composers--anyone and everyone who knows the value of notation in music creation.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

post edited by jsg - 2015/04/14 20:13:42
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/14 20:43:59 (permalink)
jsg

It only happens when I am sending midi data from the DAW to my 2nd (dedicated to VSL library) computer, using two MOTU MIDI interfaces, the Express XT (8x) and the Microlite (5x5). 

Sorta off topic:  A basic question: Have you tried using the Ethernet for MIDI connections, such as is offered by MusicLab?
http://www.musiclab.com/products/midioverlan/info.html

If so, what issues did you encounter that resulted in you saying short words aloud?

DRanck
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 608
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/14 21:11:15 (permalink)
All I do is open a saved version from say my external drive, use that as the "notation" version, and then save it under a new name (Skating Score for example).

Michael - How do you handle a myriad of tweaks made in the PRV? I don't force full quantization to keep things more natural and in some cases, the timing has to be a bit off for things to sound right. An example would be a legato patch that requires notes to overlap. Many times these lines aren't notated well.

And then there keyswitches and articulation changes. Keyswitches can be put in separate tracks but with a library like East West Hollywood Strings, the articulations are in separate tracks. I might easily have 5 or 6 tracks for each section. I'd have to go into Notion and manually copy them into one staff. And as soon as I do, I'll need to make a change 

This is why it is for me anyway, too much effort most of the time. I'd love to compose first in a notation program, but then I give up the "performance" tweaking in a DAW. 

My Sound Cloud
Website
Youtube Channel
The way that I've always gone about making music, the rule of thumb, has just been to make what I love.
Amy Lee

Sonar Pro 64 (Newburyport), Akai Pro MPK 88, i7-4770K, ASUS Z87-PRO V,  32GB SDRAM 1866, SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 2 - WD BLACK 2TB, Samsung USB 3.0 SSD, Win 10 Pro 64, Radeon R9 270 Video 2GB, Dell P2314T 23" Touchscreen, Gateway 23" monitor, Presonus USB Audio Interface, Surface Pro 2 w/ Xotopad as a control surface
michael diemer
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/14 21:24:57 (permalink)
DRanck

Michael - How do you handle a myriad of tweaks made in the PRV? I don't force full quantization to keep things more natural and in some cases, the timing has to be a bit off for things to sound right. An example would be a legato patch that requires notes to overlap. Many times these lines aren't notated well.

And then there keyswitches and articulation changes. Keyswitches can be put in separate tracks but with a library like East West Hollywood Strings, the articulations are in separate tracks. I might easily have 5 or 6 tracks for each section. I'd have to go into Notion and manually copy them into one staff. And as soon as I do, I'll need to make a change 

This is why it is for me anyway, too much effort most of the time. I'd love to compose first in a notation program, but then I give up the "performance" tweaking in a DAW. 

I hear you. In my case, there's no need to deal with PRV events since I don't use that view. (I know: Heresy!). I only want to make a score that can serve as a copyrightable paper or hard copy of my music, not one that is ready for musicians and conductors. This sonar can do, with some significant tweaking. For example, for trills I put in the two notes that the trill is on, and add in the lines between them by hand that indicate it is to be played as a trill. I do other similar things like that. White-out is used heavily at times. Actually, I haven't done this for awhile. when I finish revising all my music, I'll be looking for a better way, you can be sure!

The main thing I use staff view is for midi editing. Since, again, I'm just looking to make serviceable mockups, I don't worry that there's not enough humanization.  I get away with all this because I'm just a hobbyist. I recognize that professionals need far more sophisticated tools.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

jsg
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 02:05:14 (permalink)
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
jsg

It only happens when I am sending midi data from the DAW to my 2nd (dedicated to VSL library) computer, using two MOTU MIDI interfaces, the Express XT (8x) and the Microlite (5x5). 

Sorta off topic:  A basic question: Have you tried using the Ethernet for MIDI connections, such as is offered by MusicLab?
http://www.musiclab.com/products/midioverlan/info.html

If so, what issues did you encounter that resulted in you saying short words aloud?

Yeah, sorry, I want improvements in the Sonar staff view and the only way to get it is to use DPs!  ;>)
Thanks for the tip, that's exactly what I am now considering, just wrote to VSL and Cakewalk to see about compatibility.  I just found that link you posted a few minutes ago.   I haven't installed the necessary software, already have a good LAN connection between the two.    Have you had success with mLAN?

Thanks,
Jerry
williamcopper
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 03:58:46 (permalink)
On the aside, using midi over lan has been a very effective solution for me in the past (Windows XP).  No longer need to do it, but it worked fine. 

On staff view, been said many times before, it's horrible.  Just read this in the Platinum Reference Guide: 

"triplets must occur in full sets of three"
"all three steps in a triplet must be notes (no rests) of the same duration".

I believe Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven might have decided to use another DAW for their notation.  Brahms would be here in the forum complaining.
streckfus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 12:14:33 (permalink)
Anderton

Again, the bottom line is this. Fixing bugs and making current users generally happy is doable. To devote resources to create something that goes way beyond that would prevent dedicating those resources to something like VocalSync or Mix Recall, which is useful to a wide variety of the user base. Also remember that notation has no relevance to people who do primarily audio recording, which is how many people use DAWs.

What a thread!  Add one more unique user to the list of folks who'd like to see some refinements in the staff view.  Craig - I agree with about 99% of what you've written on this topic, and no, notation has no relevance to people who do primary audio recording.  In this respect, Cakewalk has in a way shot itself in the foot by including SO many features in their DAW.  If Sonar's primary intention was for audio recording and mixing, then one would expect advanced editing tools, signal processing capability, and so on.  But by including so many virtual instruments and MIDI tools, Cakewalk has made it clear that their intent for Sonar is to create a (mostly) one-stop-shop for music creation from start to finish.  But because they are a front-runner from a MIDI/VSTi standpoint, a deficient staff view is all the more glaring. 

Sonar is SO flexible in so many ways.  This flexibility allows users to define their own workflows.  Don't like the Inspector pane?  Hide it and never see it again.  Prefer the ProChannel than the FX bin?  Have at it.  Want some interesting ways to create and manipulate MIDI?  Check out the step sequencer, matrix view or piano roll.  Stay away from the staff view though, because that's not as intuitive as the rest of our stuff. :)

Just saying that for the sake of consistency, staff view should be just as functional as the rest of Sonar's features, especially since Cakewalk places such a strong emphasis on music creation by bundling tons of virtual instruments.

I do, however, feel encouraged that because of the recent changes at Cakewalk and the way they've been implementing fixes/features with the new membership model, Cakewalk will address the staff view issues.
jsg
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 13:33:15 (permalink)
Craig Anderton wrote:

"Again, the bottom line is this. Fixing bugs and making current users generally happy is doable. To devote resources to create something that goes way beyond that would prevent dedicating those resources to something like VocalSync or Mix Recall, which is useful to a wide variety of the user base. Also remember that notation has no relevance to people who do primarily audio recording, which is how many people use DAWs."

For the first ten years or so, the Sonar owner's manual introduction (hard copy in those days) always touted Sonar as a tool for composers, arrangers, musicians etc.  Sonar began as a MIDI sequencer, audio was added later.  My point is that the term "composers" was listed first, or near the beginning, so it gave me confidence that Cakewalk understood that composers would be using their software.   No other DAW publisher (DAWs that have a staff view that is) have dropped the ball as CW has in terms of bug fixes for a part of the programs that is essential for musicians.   Look at this thread!!!  Look how many Sonar users do care about the staff view and notation!

You don't have to be a classical composer to understand the importance of music notation to the creative process. Jazz arrangers and composers, pop arrangers, film composers and orchestrators, game composers, TV composers--ALL of these folks use notation and they are not necessarily classical composers. 

I think CW is shooting itself in the foot.  The company has no idea how many people don't buy Sonar because of the staff view and their unwillingness to place its status on par with other features of the program. 

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 14:02:02 (permalink)
streckfus
Anderton

Again, the bottom line is this. Fixing bugs and making current users generally happy is doable. To devote resources to create something that goes way beyond that would prevent dedicating those resources to something like VocalSync or Mix Recall, which is useful to a wide variety of the user base. Also remember that notation has no relevance to people who do primarily audio recording, which is how many people use DAWs.

What a thread!  Add one more unique user to the list of folks who'd like to see some refinements in the staff view.  Craig - I agree with about 99% of what you've written on this topic, and no, notation has no relevance to people who do primary audio recording.  In this respect, Cakewalk has in a way shot itself in the foot by including SO many features in their DAW.  If Sonar's primary intention was for audio recording and mixing, then one would expect advanced editing tools, signal processing capability, and so on.  But by including so many virtual instruments and MIDI tools, Cakewalk has made it clear that their intent for Sonar is to create a (mostly) one-stop-shop for music creation from start to finish.  But because they are a front-runner from a MIDI/VSTi standpoint, a deficient staff view is all the more glaring. 

Sonar is SO flexible in so many ways.  This flexibility allows users to define their own workflows.  Don't like the Inspector pane?  Hide it and never see it again.  Prefer the ProChannel than the FX bin?  Have at it.  Want some interesting ways to create and manipulate MIDI?  Check out the step sequencer, matrix view or piano roll.  Stay away from the staff view though, because that's not as intuitive as the rest of our stuff. :)

Just saying that for the sake of consistency, staff view should be just as functional as the rest of Sonar's features, especially since Cakewalk places such a strong emphasis on music creation by bundling tons of virtual instruments.

I do, however, feel encouraged that because of the recent changes at Cakewalk and the way they've been implementing fixes/features with the new membership model, Cakewalk will address the staff view issues.

You're quoting a post from Craig that goes back to January. Just FYI for everyone else, in case this initiates a bit of a pile on, and I understand that that may be what some users are wanting. However, I just want to remind people, that there HAVE been threads ( I believe the biggest was from Kamikaze) started in the Feature Request forum concerning staff view improvements - If you haven't already contributed your voice to those threads, please do so or add your own improvement ideas there. I believe that whether or not we think it's the way to proceed - Cake is clearly using the Feature Request Forum (and Problem Reports forum) as the basis for determining what users want in the way of fixes, and features.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/15 20:46:15 (permalink)
jsg
For the first ten years or so, the Sonar owner's manual introduction (hard copy in those days) always touted Sonar as a tool for composers, arrangers, musicians etc.  Sonar began as a MIDI sequencer, audio was added later.  My point is that the term "composers" was listed first, or near the beginning, so it gave me confidence that Cakewalk understood that composers would be using their software.   No other DAW publisher (DAWs that have a staff view that is) have dropped the ball as CW has in terms of bug fixes for a part of the programs that is essential for musicians.   Look at this thread!!!  Look how many Sonar users do care about the staff view and notation!

Well put.  I do think Cakewalk has wandered off the path, and is under far too much influence from a relatively small segment of the CAW community (those that just want to work with WAV tracks and never anything else.)  But I don't think they are so far off the path that they cannot come back to the mainstream where the product needs to be. 

This should not be a contest between those who only do WAV tracking, those who do a lot of MIDI work, and those compose in notation.  There is no reason why the product cannot support all three adequately.  It is just a question of getting some balance in the voices that are pushing the product direction.

A somewhat related item is what I consider a giant step sideways (if not backward) with regard to MIDI editing.  That came as they implemented the new UI for piano roll when selecting multiple MIDI tracks.  For those who do very much of this, especially using several controllers per track, this is entirely unusable.  And with a few seemingly simple improvements could be a very nice solution for everybody.  That is discussed here:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/In-PRV-controller-lanes-are-practically-unusable-please-fix-this-m3166007.aspx

So my point is that Cakewalk does not hate notation view.  The problem is insufficient appreciation of just how important MIDI editing and notation editing are in the DAW world.  These things are becoming MORE important, not less important, as the technologies converge.

So let's hope that some of that very impressive energy that has produced several very good monthly updates can be channeled into the more neglected areas of the product in the months ahead.

(P.S.  It seems that many of the scroll view complaints involve triplets, particularly those that include rests.  My guess that this is a non-trivial problem because there is no MIDI equivalent of a rest.  A rest has to be inferred as the absence of a note.  Not an insurmountable problem, but it may be a bit more involved than it seems at first.  Proper notation programs all include objects for notes and rests alike.)

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 00:01:48 (permalink)
williamcopper
"triplets must occur in full sets of three"
"all three steps in a triplet must be notes (no rests) of the same duration".

I believe Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven might have decided to use another DAW for their notation.  Brahms would be here in the forum complaining.

What about all those blues players ?  Oh, wait.. they don't use notation.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 00:04:52 (permalink)
I believe this thread is about to become self aware...
michael diemer
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 01:26:40 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
I believe this thread is about to become self aware...

That would be interesting. Perhaps when it does, it will write a new program and solve this mess once and for all.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 02:02:19 (permalink)
Maybe we should take it as a sign of good things to come that at 0:37 or so, an actual score appears in the new Rapture Pro promo video! Or not...

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Jürgen Gleisberg
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 03:13:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cparmerlee 2015/04/16 10:18:31
Hi,
I am from Germany and I will aslo vote for staff view / notation improvements.

I wrote also some posts in the past about notation with the hope something will happen. Because notation is the music language and as others wrote, we cannot give prints of the prv to other musicians. That's only possible with printed sheets.

And just because many musicians cannot read sheets today, we should not forget it as an important basic of music. Maybe that's why other daw's still have a focus on notation. And I think it is only a chance for cakewalk to get more users back. I think we don't need more and more 3rd Party vst's (it is nice to have), sonar has enough, we need the basics!

I want to make clear, that we don't want Sonar to be a professional notation-software (there are others for this purpose). We want basic Features. For example I want to make a print of only selected midi-parts, or to have a preview of the prints. For me it would be enough to have features like in Samplitude. I wouldn't need as much as it is possible in cubase.

Kind regards,
Timo

interpolated
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 08:18:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cparmerlee 2015/04/16 10:18:19
It's also useful for collaborations where MIDI data is exchanged and you want to get an instant impression of the musical key, time and signature and multiple clefs would be very useful if you are documenting for various type of instruments not just standard types.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 16:41:41 (permalink)
williamcopper

lol...nice one especially the Brahms
michael diemer
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 17:13:19 (permalink)

williamcopper
I believe Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven might have decided to use another DAW for their notation.  Brahms would be here in the forum complaining

When he wasn't spending time with his "lady friends..."

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 17:28:14 (permalink)
michael diemer

williamcopper
I believe Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven might have decided to use another DAW for their notation.  Brahms would be here in the forum complaining

Is that admiration or disdain?  

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 17:46:18 (permalink)

I think we've become self-aware.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
michael diemer
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/16 23:43:09 (permalink)
BobF
michael diemer

williamcopper

Is that admiration or disdain?  

Actually, more like envy...

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

trtzbass
  • Total Posts : 150
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 04:45:51 (permalink)
Have an upvote here.

I would add: it is unrealistic to expect CW to develop a staff view that can crush Sibelus or Notion or DP right off the bat. It's understandable how they want to work on things that appeal to the bigger public (even tho I suspect more people would use Sonar if the notation facilities were better implemented).
Having said that, it wouldn't take too much to take what they already have and make the workflow a bit better. Having floating toolbars with note durations, etc instead of having to dig through too many mouseclicks would be a MASSIVE improvement imho. A little goes a long way!
If you also add functioning dynamic markings you have something that's really good there.
Bonus thought (a man can dream! :) ): If you let us create a set of rules that let us assign key switches to technique changes you'll have a unique function (to my knowledge no DAW does that) that I'm sure will add several new users to the Sonar flock.

post edited by trtzbass - 2015/04/17 04:55:22

Jordan Brown

- he tried to play bass

www.jordanbrown.co.uk
twitter.com/trtzbass
trgmachine.bandcamp.com
Jürgen Gleisberg
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 05:25:36 (permalink)
Hi,
I found a post in the presonus forum (studio one) where's somebody was surprised, that presonus made a deal with notion and not cakewalk. In the past, Cakewalk made deals with notion and you could bought it in the cakewalk shop. But it seems that it was more important for presonus to get closer with notion than it was for cakewalk.

I hope cakewalk is not barking up the wrong tree and they will turn the corner.

Kind regards, Timo
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 07:27:36 (permalink)
It wouldn't have been Cakewlak but Roland who owned Cakewalk at that time, which explains why it was only a sales relationship than a coding one.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Jürgen Gleisberg
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 07:42:41 (permalink)
Hello Mike,

you are right. I forgot that with Roland.
No matter, it is sad, that nothing happend with with cakewalk from this relationship.

Timo
DRanck
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 608
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 21:58:39 (permalink)
Bonus thought (a man can dream! :) ): If you let us create a set of rules that let us assign key switches to technique changes you'll have a unique function (to my knowledge no DAW does that) that I'm sure will add several new users to the Sonar flock.

+1 (Think Cubase Expression Maps)

My Sound Cloud
Website
Youtube Channel
The way that I've always gone about making music, the rule of thumb, has just been to make what I love.
Amy Lee

Sonar Pro 64 (Newburyport), Akai Pro MPK 88, i7-4770K, ASUS Z87-PRO V,  32GB SDRAM 1866, SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 2 - WD BLACK 2TB, Samsung USB 3.0 SSD, Win 10 Pro 64, Radeon R9 270 Video 2GB, Dell P2314T 23" Touchscreen, Gateway 23" monitor, Presonus USB Audio Interface, Surface Pro 2 w/ Xotopad as a control surface
vintagevibe
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/17 22:15:29 (permalink)
You guys don't get it.  They have stated that the most you can ever hope for is bug fixes - maybe.  There will be no more functionality and they won't even bring back functions they've removed.  This is their MO for decades.  It will not change.  Notation is not important to Cakewalk.  
Jürgen Gleisberg
Re: No notation fixes! 2015/04/18 02:44:41 (permalink)
vintagevibe
You guys don't get it.  They have stated that the most you can ever hope for is bug fixes - maybe.  There will be no more functionality and they won't even bring back functions they've removed.  This is their MO for decades.  It will not change.  Notation is not important to Cakewalk.  

Hello,
I hope you are wrong and Cakewalk recognize the importance of notation for music.
For me, that is the only important thing which is really missing in sonar.
Apart from that, I will once take a short look at Studio One, since I learned that they have now Notion in their company and they will intend to integrate main functions in Studio One.

Timo
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 40
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1