Helpful ReplyThe SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Author
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:03:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby michaelhanson 2017/04/19 20:07:56
I'm very happy that Cakewalk didn't let their pride get in the way of a good business decision. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move forward.

Good on you Cakewalk.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
FogAudio
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:05:32 (permalink)
So, I moved away from Windows long ago due to MS paranoid policies and insecurities it poses as a platform that tries (poorly) to make it suitable for IT to manage at the expense of its own users (even when that user exclusively owns and manages the device).

If Mac has a bad name with creatives I haven't heard anything about it except perhaps folks wished for a bit more RAM and speed with last year's batch of MBPr (which is an industry-wide/transistor-shrinking problem). <edit>I failed to mention Apple's port debacle, which I surely hope and assume they will remedy in the next gen</edit>. At least to this software developer and creative it is still considered by FAR the least of all evils. So I guess I took the bait when I was offered Sonar Pro for life with the promise that Sonar was going to run on a Macbook natively. I'm sort of aghast that CodeWeaver was their plan for transitioning to Mac - I bet some middle management and not the developers came up with that. Whoever it was... they sold a bill of goods within Cakewalk and then their marketing department sold that bill to us for only $199... for life.

Anyway, guess I'm the sucker now. Thanks parent company Gibson!

"we have begun to explore new ideas and initiatives that will reach more musicians on more platforms"

Greeaaaat... I'll look forward to that.

post edited by FogAudio - 2017/04/20 02:19:38
Sylvan
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 793
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:14:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/04/20 13:20:12
I am sorry for the Mac users out there and I sincerely respect you and do not want to slight you in any way, but I am actually happy with this announcement. Again, nothing against the Mac users, but I am all for keeping SONAR the absolutely most dominant DAW on the Windows platform. Also, I am hoping that this kicks development for "Ripple Editing" into high gear.

It's actually a wise decision as Windows is becoming quite proficient with pro audio. I am good with SONAR continuing to be the king of the hill on Windows.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Intel i7-5830K LGA2011V3 (6 CORE)
Asus X99-AII
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:26:44 (permalink)
Lifetime updates for $199 was a great deal. Period.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:39:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MountainKing 2017/04/19 20:46:27
ampfixer

Lifetime updates and a Native Mac version for $199  was THE deal. Period.
Granted, corporate integrity hasn't been invented yet.

Add insult to injury: Sonar Home Studio only. Why even bother?

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:40:31 (permalink)
Totally understand and I'm perfectly happy with it under Bootcamp...

But it would be fun to check out and to use for sharing work with mac users...

Sadly, I can't get it to install. here. Command Center installs and runs, downloads Sonar.
1st try file was corrupted and it wouldn't install.
2nd try CCC reports success, turns green, but still says install.
Trying to run Sonar and error msg. pops up saying I don't have authorization. So I add read/write for myself manually and try again. this time it says something to the affect of "You can’t open the application “SONAR Mac Prototype.app” because it may be damaged or incomplete."

Gonna try yet another download???
Did I miss something in the removal (uninstall) of the first attempt?
<sheesh>.... I never have this much trouble with Sonar on a Windows machine! ;-)

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
C Hudson
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 990
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:42:11 (permalink)
Well that's to bad. I understand why but am a little disappointed. I'm not sure where the "creatives are moving away from Mac.." sentiment comes from . Certainly not my experience at all. Entirely the opposite in fact.
Glad they're not moving forward if it's not Mac from the ground up. Conversion compilers never work as well as you would hope , especially not for complex software like sonar.
I wish nothing but the best to Cakewalk !

Best

CH
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:46:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby karhide 2017/04/19 18:10:26
Creatives are moving away from Apple hardware in my surroundings. They're still on OSX but at least three creative professionals around me have built/ordered hackintoshes. Mostly because of the idiotic trashbin design Mac Pro though.
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 17:52:00 (permalink)
Sorry for the mac owners out there but not if you spent money hoping SONAR for Mac would solve the world's problems.  Never put hope before experience.  I always read the pronouncements as "trying."  I don't remember a promise to deliver a Mac version, just that was the plan to try to.  Without hurting the PC side of things.  I don't know if Cake spent much money and time that interfered with the PC programming, but we all have a access to a mac version of SONAR now.

Maybe Cake can resurrect P5 for Mac, and solve two wishes with one fish.  I'd actually buy a mac then.  But there is probably more money in doing more apps like Scratchpad.

Mush, Cake, on to the new Matrix revolutions!

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:05:20 (permalink)
AT
Maybe Cake can resurrect P5 for Mac, and solve two wishes with one fish.  

Yes, please. :)

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:10:14 (permalink)
Why chase the competitors when you can take the lead? Tough decision for Cakewalk, but sound and wise for sure.

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:14:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby chuckebaby 2017/04/19 20:08:03
timidi
ampfixer

Lifetime updates and a Native Mac version for $199  was THE deal. Period.
Granted, corporate integrity hasn't been invented yet.

Add insult to injury: Sonar Home Studio only. Why even bother?

They only promised an alpha version of Sonar.  Period.  

Alpha could have easily meant no saving of projects, no real functionality, etc.  

***Also - why is this thread not a sticky?
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:22:25 (permalink)
Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
azslow3
While I do not care about Mac version, there was some hope such development will force to revise core components... And CodeWavers approach means that was not the plan (IMHO correct accoutrement a year ago had to be "we try to run Sonar on Mac" and not "Sonar for Mac". I personally hope to understand why current Sonar does not run on Linux (X2 and X3 do). But I will never call the result "Sonar for Linux").

Part of our decision to do this is to focus more on Windows and keep improving on our core functionality but also to focus on innovating in the Windows space. Continuing to work with CodeWeavers on this version was ultimately going to hinder us from innovating in the Windows space and going fully native would have done so even more. While it was a hard decision to do this I'm excited to get back to what we do best, Make SONAR the best DAW on Windows.

I had to write at the end of my previous post that as most other I see the decision as positive.
Concentration on one platform for sure produce better result on this platform then "side effects" from porting. And (unfortunately) CodeWeavers are (always) significantly behind modern Windows technologies to allow painless running without changes in the source.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:32:35 (permalink)
We only ever planned an alpha mac version prototype last year. It was clearly mentioned in the announcement that it would be an alpha which is what was released today (some months late).  
To get SONAR running natively at full parity on a Mac is a multi year project with many developers. The codeweavers partnership was a great way for us to test this functionality without investing a huge amount of resources. The app is very functional and can certainly be used for simpler projects and tracking even at this stage. One of our QA folks has even been using it to track his band :)

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:34:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby superdan54 2017/04/19 22:17:39
FogAudio
So I guess I took the bait when I was offered Sonar Pro for life with the promise that Sonar was going to run on a Macbook natively.

That is not true.

The promise was that an Alpha version would be released for free to SONAR users to test the waters. It was never promised that SONAR would run on a MacBook natively. Cakewalk has done what they said they would do, except for missing the original deadline of making an alpha available before December 21. The waters have been tested, and found wanting for a variety of reasons. 

Anyway, guess I'm the sucker now. 

The announcement, which was up for at least a couple months, was crystal-clear. Unfortunately, Cakewalk has no control over whether people see it or not.

If Mac has a bad name with creatives I haven't heard anything about it except perhaps folks wished for a bit more RAM and speed with last year's batch of MBPr (which is an industry-wide/transistor-shrinking problem).

Well, Tim Cook heard it, which is why he said that creative people are important to Apple at a stockholder's meeting to counteract the negativity, and Apple made the unusual move of saying they were going to come up with great new desktops in 2018...although they didn't specify what would make them great, except they'll be "modular" in some way (like the old "cheese grater" desktop towers?), and Apple would be coming up with a new display. 

Here's some more evidence of discontent...and this, and this, and this, and this...of course, Apple may turn this around in 2018, but I don't see how it would make sense for a company the size of Cakewalk to bet a huge amount of resources on a platform where there are serious questions about its future viability among the very people who would be potential SONAR customers.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:41:30 (permalink)
Sucks for the Mac folks, but I consider this a good decision. I also appreciate the straight-forward manner that the information was delivered.

So, now that this is out of the way... How long until we receive an update on what's happening with Sonar? Will the Upcoming Features page return? What's the direction?

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:50:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby awakerman 2017/04/20 00:03:26
I don't regularly delve into the inner workings of a software program, especially one as complicated as Sonar, so I hope you'll pardon me for not understanding why we can't have both versions? I CAN understand it not being financially viable. I don't see why this was insurmountable technically when we have several other DAW software companies that did it successfully.

Is it the way Sonar was made from the ground up? Apples to oranges kind of thing. If we have a program to merge the two, maybe compatibility was what killed the idea.

What makes some competitors software better suited to multi porting? Writing two distinct copies from the ground up? If so, why not write a Mac copy from the ground up? My hunch is that this was very expensive and not really viable in light of sales projections. I had hoped it could be done, even if it was a more simplistic version if only for the sake of having that market open.

If you spent most of your life for the last 6 months on this project I'm sure you're way more deflated than the rest of us. I don't use a Mac but I'm sympathetic to those who intended to do so. I really hope some kind of a truce can be reached for those who invested in the software thinking it would be used on Mac. 

Where do we go from here?

If you really like Sonar why let a platform hold you back?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 18:53:43 (permalink)
Well, that's a pity. Guess that ends my Sonar using days. Think I'll still hang around though (unless chucked out), this is one of the best audio related forums there is. And who knows what the future might bring? Since 1990 I've used Amigas, OS/2 PCs, just about every flavour of Windows - for quite a number of years nothing but Windows, Linux and these days exclusively Mac. Who knows, I might end up back with MS for something other than games yet. Just not Win10.

In case anyone's wondering, no I didn't take up the lifetime offer in the hope of a native Mac version. It's been my policy for a bery long time never, ever to invest in vapourware. Things often never work out to plan for even the most competent, diligent and honest software companies. Amongst which I'd include Cakewalk.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
Anderton
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:05:16 (permalink)
Starise

I treat computers like appliances. Once I open the program, it doesn't matter much which platform it runs from. The biggest issue is if you HAVE to use the Mac for some reason, because what with frequent Windows and Mac updates, there's twice as much maintenance with two platforms.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
MountainKing
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:13:05 (permalink)
Unbelievable.

Now I have to say: I want my money back. I'm not on Windows at all.

How would that work? Any hints from the officials?

Don't let your trustful customers alone. I's not a good business behaviour by any means. Period.

Mac | Logic X | UR28M | ShadowHills MonoGama | JBL LSR 305 | M930 | DT250 | Squier 51 | Ibanez Noodels | Yamaha AC3M | Breedlove D25SR | Cort Action Bass
https://soundcloud.com/stoabach - http://www.butcherfingers.de
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:17:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Starise 2017/04/21 01:02:10
Starise
I don't regularly delve into the inner workings of a software program, especially one as complicated as Sonar, so I hope you'll pardon me for not understanding why we can't have both versions? I CAN understand it not being financially viable. I don't see why this was insurmountable technically when we have several other DAW software companies that did it successfully.

Is it the way Sonar was made from the ground up? Apples to oranges kind of thing. If we have a program to merge the two, maybe compatibility was what killed the idea.

Each OS has its own API. If you use Windows, in the program a "window" is different from "window" in OS X /Linux/etc. Even if it looks exactly the same. But the problem is deeper then just a window, threading, simple functions, timers, drivers... everything is different (except small subset of C++ standard functions, but even there each OS has own calls). So yes, apples to oranges.

What makes some competitors software better suited to multi porting? Writing two distinct copies from the ground up? If so, why not write a Mac copy from the ground up? My hunch is that this was very expensive and not really viable in light of sales projections. I had hoped it could be done, even if it was a more simplistic version if only for the sake of having that market open.

If you write the code as a "fruit" right at the beginning, it is easier to make "apple" and "orange" out of it.

If you like music, why let a guitar (piano/violin) hold you back? Time... you can invest it to improve your skills with one instrument or spread it over several.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 80
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:35:37 (permalink)
MountainKing
Unbelievable.

How would that work? Any hints from the officials?

Don't let your trustful customers alone. I's not a good business behaviour by any means. Period.

Hi there - I'm not exactly sure what you want your money back from, since we never actually sold a SONAR Mac version. Send me a private message so we can figure this out.

Alex Westner
VP Product Strategy & Innovation

FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:44:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/04/19 20:42:48
My two pennies;

I am sorry for Mac users, but am happy Cakewalk is sticking with Windows.

(Are coffee mugs in the works?)                                                                        

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 19:44:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/04/19 20:43:06
MountainKing

Say whaaaat? You bought SONAR exclusively for the potential for a Mac version? Why would you do that?

I'm bummed about it since I have a Mac laptop and I would greatly enjoy being mobile with my main DAW instead of having to use Ableton or Reaper to start a project....but I can continue to do that. 

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 20:11:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tenfoot 2017/04/20 01:40:05
Makes sense to me. Someone I work with is always threatening to buy me a Mac, so I was curious about it just in case he ever comes through - I'm not holding my breath, frankly - but I suspect that focusing on Windows is a smarter move and I'm glad that useful lessons were learned in the process. I am still pleased as punch with the lifetime deal so it doesn't change much for me... 

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 20:14:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/04/19 20:43:47
Im glad. Now cakewalk can focus on more important things like fixes and updating new features (IE- Ripple editing).
I think this was the proper move to make.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Afrodrum
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 559
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 20:40:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/04/19 20:43:44
Decision kind of expected since silence in December. No regrets, stay focused on Windows.

Windows 10/64, Intel i7 Xeon X6575 3,07GHz, 24Gb RAM, chipset: Intel X58 Express, Kingston SSD 240Gb,  Sonar Platinum , Edirol UA-25.  (Some extra VSTs: PSP almost all/  IK - AT4, ST3, / AAS - all/ TH3 full/ +10dB/ Melodyne Editor). EVE sc205 monitors, Defil Kosmos guitar, blue lava lamp, ashtray.  And there is some great music you may find at: https://soundcloud.com/pawel-jan-1

Anderton
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 20:57:35 (permalink)
...wicked
I'm bummed about it since I have a Mac laptop and I would greatly enjoy being mobile with my main DAW instead of having to use Ableton or Reaper to start a project....but I can continue to do that.

So far for me, the Mac version does indeed work well enough to start a project on the Mac if the included plug-ins are sufficient, but I have to finish the project on Windows.

Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 21:16:44 (permalink)
Anderton

So far for me, the Mac version does indeed work well enough to start a project on the Mac if the included plug-ins are sufficient, but I have to finish the project on Windows.

As Noel mentioned earlier, I've used it to multitrack band rehearsals without a hitch. I was able to record eight simultaneous tracks through an entry-level USB interface, and then brought them into a Windows environment and was able to access the full gamut of my effects to mix. It's been great for me!
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: The SONAR Mac Prototype, a collaboration between Cakewalk and CodeWeavers 2017/04/19 21:28:30 (permalink)
So...

No one else is having trouble installing it?

After claiming successful installation. Trying to launch reports it as incomplete or damaged. I've re-done the install several times as well as the download (my first copy was reported as damaged during install)

I notice that the app shows as zero bytes... No size. So I'm guessing that's a sign of the problem?

Any ideas?

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1