Where are the forum moderators?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Author
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/16 23:35:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: stubbsy1960

Hi, Im a newbie from the UK since the New Year and this resource is really important to me. I have to say I agree with fellow newbie tomflair here. People are people and we cant expect everyone to be exactly like we are, nor "moderate" them if they merely annoy us or dont get to the point in the way we would like them to. After all, we may be having exactly the same effect on someone else!!! Internet forums are a different format of social interaction and although we should expect the same mechanisms of acceptance / rejection to people and behaviours that occurs at a direct social level, everything plays out in a different dimension amd timescale that I believe requires on online "live and let live" sensibility to oil the wheels of communication. If anyone has directly offended anyone and it it not obvious to the moral majority, then we need the direct reference to the slight before we can even begin to pass a consensus judgement.

Love and peace

Garry Kiosk

Susan's point was actually quite simple. It's not a matter at all of whether you or anyone else agree with any particular behaviour. The fact is, Cakewalk created the terms of service - http://forum.cakewalk.com/tos.asp?
All she is asking is for Cakewalk to enforce the terms that they themselves established. It's not at all about "live and let live".
While I am also not easily offended, I can respect her wish to have the rules, as they have been set out, respected, and adhered to.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 00:34:05 (permalink)
Sorry to be so blunt, but Susan, this thread is OT and also against the TOS.

Life is offensive; get over it. Learn to ignore or brush off opinions and comments that don't agree with you. It seems you post an OT thread like this every few months or at least twice a year, moaning about how things are on this board.

I find that offensive.

1+++++

robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 00:40:00 (permalink)
Maybe if we all put pictures of ourselves shirtless in our avitars, it will become pass se? I want to see me some daveny in a risqe' pose!

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
billruys
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 852
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 00:57:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Susan G

Has anyone here read my original post? All I was asking was that the forum moderators enforce thier TOS.

-Susan

Yes I read it. But by posting it here, you opened it up for debate. Not everyone will understand your message or motives. As a public message to the world, you have to expect every conceivable response.

Bill Ruys
Silicon Audio

space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 01:06:09 (permalink)
Its John's avatar, isn't it?

Or is it mine?

Susan, what kind of dog is that?

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
flinger
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 382
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 05:35:48 (permalink)
If you find something 'offensive' or are claiming it is 'offensive' to others, then have the courage to say what it is, or message the moderators in private.
A public tutting over unspecified 'offensiveness' is just patronising.
And I find this talk of 'adolescent males' completely offensive and sexist - by far the most offensive and adolescent attitude in the past few days posting on this forum is from a woman, so why don't you talk of 'adolescent females'?
With this talk of breaching the Terms Of Service: "Let she who is without sin, cast the first stone".
So please drop the holier than thou attitude, thankyou.
DarinBad
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 461
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:00:40 (permalink)
Ditto

AsRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU INTEL CORE I7 3770K
32 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
Windows 10 Pro x64
Gerry
  • Total Posts : 861
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:01:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: flinger

If you find something 'offensive' or are claiming it is 'offensive' to others, then have the courage to say what it is, or message the moderators in private.
And I find this talk of 'adolescent males' completely offensive and sexist - by far the most offensive and adolescent attitude in the past few days posting on this forum is from a woman, so why don't you talk of 'adolescent females'?
With this talk of breaching the Terms Of Service: "Let she who is without sin, cast the first stone".

+1

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Silence Dogood
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 434
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:23:05 (permalink)
Wait! It must be MY avatar that offends SOME people so much! Apparently some people are so sexually frustrated, or bent, or just plain sick that they see sexual implications in everything everywhere! I feel sorry for these people. Perhaps I'll use PUPPIES for a while, but the bestiality people might get too aroused - I'm sorry, I don't how to advise you - see a therapist?.

Are we not musicians? Music is art. We are artists. Just a thought…
I’d prefer a professional musicians forum here, not the rush limbaugh show.

If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking 'till you do succeed! ("Curly" Howard)
Silence Dogood
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:31:16 (permalink)
puppies make me so hot! When i look at them, i get this guilty feeling that i know i'm not supposed to feel. therefore, i tend to outwardly express anger at those that have feelings like mine, so as not to appear to be one of them, and to help me feel okay. god i love puppies. but if anyone ever find out, i know they'd think i'm a sick puppy myself!

If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking 'till you do succeed! ("Curly" Howard)
Black Pug Studios
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:40:51 (permalink)
OK, I can't resist......
ANOTHER O/T post from Susan complaining about posters AND now slamming Cake in the process. As a matter a fact, I'm still getting over your "this forum is going downhill" thread. Susan, what do your posts actually do for the forum? I mean really, the only thing worse then an offensive post is someone who constantly complains about everything. I'm still trying to find a post by you that is actually about a Sonar PE matter. I can't find one really! If you don't want to be subjected to average forum behavior, then DON'T hang out at the forum.........DUH? Worse, DON'T complain about it. Nobody's perfect here, especially me, but obviously, you are. Hmmmmmm.

Adolescent males? Get off your high horse, Susan. I normally try to contain, but Susan, you bring out the worst in me. You never read someone's post thoroughly enough to understand their point. Then you post nonsense. Are you just lonely enough that you are looking for attention? BTW, I thought you were outa here. Could you play out some drama here? I could go here, but............

How many of these long drama filled threads of yours do we have to endure? I mean come on Susan, fool me once shame on you...............

Oh, and have a nice day.
Silence Dogood
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:54:02 (permalink)
that black dog makes me so hot! (but wait, i don't have over 6000 posts on this forum, so never mind...)

flinger
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 06:57:08 (permalink)
A picture for all the puppy lovers out there, and the rest of you don't be offended, just look away :)

Black Pug Studios
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 07:07:05 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Silence Dogood

Wait! It must be MY avatar that offends SOME people so much! Apparently some people are so sexually frustrated, or bent, or just plain sick that they see sexual implications in everything everywhere! I feel sorry for these people. Perhaps I'll use PUPPIES for a while, but the bestiality people might get too aroused - I'm sorry, I don't how to advise you - see a therapist?.

Are we not musicians? Music is art. We are artists. Just a thought…
I’d prefer a professional musicians forum here, not the rush limbaugh show.

This is a good point. Why is it ok to see a nude girl in a painting at the museum?

ps. I like your puppies, too.
post edited by Black Pug Studios - 2008/02/17 07:24:10
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 08:16:14 (permalink)
If it’s a word you hear on primetime network TV
... and Jane Fonda has just enlarged that vocabulary by one crucial addition this week. Big yawn!
KeithAdv
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 159
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 08:26:44 (permalink)
Well, this will probably either get hammered or unread (since it's on the fourth page of the thread).

Susan's original post was a two-sentence, simple request (hardly drama-filled, as it was called).

Most of the angry replies had this argument: "I'm not personally offended by anything here, so it's all OK."

That's never been the point.

I'm not personally offended by anything here, but it's still not OK. I still have the maturity to understand that even though you're encouraged to speak as freely as you like in my house, this is not my house. I do not impose my extremely liberal standards of what I deem acceptable on people outside my house.

This is a public forum in which the rules of decorum have been fairly established and simple to understand. They were established because all kinds of people show up here. Because it's in public.

I'm trying to figure out how people can turn that into a four-page argument.
flinger
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 08:54:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: KeithAdv

Well, this will probably either get hammered or unread (since it's on the fourth page of the thread).

Susan's original post was a two-sentence, simple request (hardly drama-filled, as it was called).

Most of the angry replies had this argument: "I'm not personally offended by anything here, so it's all OK."

That's never been the point.

I'm not personally offended by anything here, but it's still not OK. I still have the maturity to understand that even though you're encouraged to speak as freely as you like in my house, this is not my house. I do not impose my extremely liberal standards of what I deem acceptable on people outside my house.

This is a public forum in which the rules of decorum have been fairly established and simple to understand. They were established because all kinds of people show up here. Because it's in public.

I'm trying to figure out how people can turn that into a four-page argument.

You're one of those 'people' now, Keith. :)
And it may have originally just been a two sentence request, but it was followed up by other remarks about 'males' and pseudo moralising about unspecified 'offensiveness' which I, personally, found offensive and patronising.
Gerry
  • Total Posts : 861
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 08:56:52 (permalink)
"I'm trying to figure out how people can turn that into a four-page argument."

You have just contributed to it so I suppose you have answered your own question. Nobody that I am aware of has attacked Susan who like anyone else is intitled to her opinion. The fact that the majority of posters appear not to agree with it is also perfectly respectable.

Flinger hit the button right on the head with his post:-

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Dele Abegunde
  • Total Posts : 409
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 09:17:24 (permalink)
Hey guys, I thingk we are taking this stuff a little too seriously to maintain the fun in freindship and fun that we all share on this forum. Susan G, point taken let us leave the rest to the moderators.

Just as I pleaded yesterday (see quote above), I am still pleading for restrain here. Please guys hold your fire. This forum is too much of a family for acrimony.

Four pages into fairly hot discussions and not much has been said to the improvement of the dexterity to which I am able to use Sonar 7! I think it is a waste.

Let sleeping dogs - sorry: puppies - lie from here on.

Dudu

Sonar PE 8.5,  Windows 7 x64, Dell Inspiron 9400, 2GB ram, core 2 duo, M-Audio 410.
Black Pug Studios
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 09:28:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dele Abegunde

Hey guys, I thingk we are taking this stuff a little too seriously to maintain the fun in freindship and fun that we all share on this forum. Susan G, point taken let us leave the rest to the moderators.

Just as I pleaded yesterday (see quote above), I am still pleading for restrain here. Please guys hold your fire. This forum is too much of a family for acrimony.

Four pages into fairly hot discussions and not much has been said to the improvement of the dexterity to which I am able to use Sonar 7! I think it is a waste.

That's just it. Susan continues to make these posts and people are tired of it. You would think that after her last long thread, she would have learned.
KeithAdv
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 09:43:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Gerry

You have just contributed to it so I suppose you have answered your own question. Nobody that I am aware of has attacked Susan who like anyone else is intitled to her opinion. The fact that the majority of posters appear not to agree with it is also perfectly respectable.

No matter what, I'm out of this thread. I'm not here to support Susan--her relationship with the other folks on the forum is her business. But you are wrong; she was attacked. Second, even if the majority of posters in this thread disagree (I didn't count them so I don't know) neither of us know exactly how the majority of users on this forum feel about the issue. Most (unlike me!) had the very good sense not to bother with this particular tempest in a teapot. The truth is, most of those offended would be unlikely to speak up because this forum operates as an unmoderated USENET group; there really doesn't seem to be much of a moderator presence.

Again, me personally? I like my humor about as dark, offensive, and irreverant as you can imagine. But that doesn't matter in this context.

Unlike you, I think Flinger (along with everyone else in that camp) by insisting that this is a personally subjective--versus public guideline--issue, missed the point by a country mile, as I have already logically explained.
post edited by KeithAdv - 2008/02/17 10:45:55
flinger
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 10:14:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: KeithAdv

ORIGINAL: Gerry

No matter what, I'm out of this thread. I'm not here to support Susan--her relationship with the other folks on the forum is her business. But you are wrong; she was attacked. Second, neither of us know exactly how the majority of users on this forum feel about the issue. Most (unlike me!) had the very good sense not to bother with this particular tempest in a teapot.

However, I think Flinger (along with everyone else) by insisting that this is a personally subjective--versus public guideline--issue, missed the point by a country mile, as I have already logically explained.

Still posting Keith? And lecturing others about posting?

I think your 'logic' has deserted you. It's certain invisible to me.
KeithAdv
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 10:27:32 (permalink)
This is an "oopsie"--an accidental post! I don't know how to delete posts, so I can't. Which now means I'm posting in a thread I just said I was done with. I may be logical, but I'm still a dolt.

Since I'm here--hey, Flinger--I didn't mean to offend. We just see it differently.

And no, I never lecture people about posting, or anything else for that matter.
post edited by KeithAdv - 2008/02/17 10:54:31
flinger
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 10:52:38 (permalink)
That's ok, Keith, I'm not 'offended' just a bit annoyed, I didn't take it personally.
Just a bit annoyed because I'm not in any 'camp' and if you read what I say I have never said that it is personally subjective. Like most people I object to being patronised and having things attributed to me which I haven't said.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this forum whatsoever, there is no need for 'moral' censorship, and freedom of speech includes the freedom to talk rubbish, to be boring, and to offend people who are easily offended. The moderators here have much better things to do with their time than police of of us bickering children. :)

Hey, I'm new here so I don't know whats gone on earlier than last month, but I would say this place is 95% useful and helpful and I'd like to thank everybody who has helped me out with various Cakewalk and general recording issues. Thankyou.
Dele Abegunde
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 10:56:21 (permalink)
Could there have been something about the originator of this thread that potently generates these kind of reactions? Just one or two opinions and all these! I wish I had such skills. And to think my only grouse with this forum, if I ever had any, is that a number of my threads asking for help were resoundingly ignored by all. The first post here was not even about a bug in SONAR for the love of me. And four pages? Haaaaaa!

Me be Susan is such a popular Sonarite whose opinion must be taken with tenacious vigor.

Well, am loving it.

Dudu

Sonar PE 8.5,  Windows 7 x64, Dell Inspiron 9400, 2GB ram, core 2 duo, M-Audio 410.
three_eyed_otter
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2642
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 12:10:48 (permalink)
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I sure wish I could follow this one...

have a good one
3Eo
robby
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 12:33:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dele Abegunde

Dele, I find your post offensive.

==================

Dele Abegunde
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 12:39:03 (permalink)
Dele, I find your post offensive.

A trillion apologies robby! I did not (not even remotely) mean to offend I only just wish we focused on the real issues. Sorry o!

Dudu

Tonmann
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 12:39:51 (permalink)
IMHO a lot of you people just hang around too much in forums like this here... and threads like this are the result of it.

I don't want to sound insulting, but if an avatar picture is the only problem you have in life, then please lets swap lifes!

cheers,
Chris

...maybe I never realized the joy till the joy was gone...
robby
RE: Where are the forum moderators? 2008/02/17 12:44:57 (permalink)
Dele, I was kidding! Illustrating absurdity by being absurd :-)

==================

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1