UPDATED 9/16: If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - Read Post 1

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
Marketing [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 276
2009/09/15 20:41:16 (permalink)

UPDATED 9/16: If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - Read Post 1

Original Post

Hello,

I'd like to appologize for the trouble that some of you are experiencing purchasing or accessing your SONAR 8.5 upgrade. 

I wanted to post something up here to let you know that we are aware of this situation. There is a slight glitch in our database that is affecting a small percentage of users. We are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.  

The known issues that people are experiencing are the following:

1. Some customers are trying to purchase the 8.5 download and are being given a message that they are not eligible for this upgrade.

2. Some customers are discovering that their purchase or registration history  is missing from our estore, even though they have previously purchased or registered products with us.  This is preventing customers from purchasing the 8.5 upgrade.

3. Some customers are reporting that they have not received an expected email with information on how to access their SONAR 8.5 upgrade.

For customers experiencing #1, I wanted to make sure that you understand that the 8.5 download is only available for SONAR 8.0 customers.  If you do not have SONAR 8.0 registered with us, you will not be able to purchase the 8.5 upgrade.   That said we are aware that some registered 8.0 customers cannot purchase the upgrade because of the glitch I reported above.

For customers reporting #3 who are eligible for the free upgrade, please be patient.  We need to send out thousands of emails and they do go out in batches, so your email may be in the queue and on its way.

Other customers reporting #3 who made a purchase, but did not receive their email yet, please try logging into your store account.  If everything happened correctly the information you need should be present there.

For anyone else I would like to propose the following.  Please respond to this thread to let us know that you are having an issue.  In your response please state which issue you have experienced.  I have seen separate posts and replies from customers in multiple threads, it will be much easier for us to resolve your issues if we could have them all posted here. 

Tomorrow, during normal business hours, I will ask our customer service team to start resolving your individual situations, while we simultaneously work to resolve the database glitch.

Once again, I apologize to the handful of you who are experiencing issues.  You want to buy SONAR 8.5 on the day it's available, and we are so appreciative of your excitement and enthusiasm for what has turned out to be a great upgrade.  Please be patient with us, you have my word, that we will resolve this so that you can get your upgrade.

Sincerely,

Carl Jacobson
Vice President of Marketing 

UPDATE 
Hello Everyone, we have been working to resolve the issues and I have some good news

RE: 1. Some customers are trying to purchase the 8.5 download and are being given a message that they are not eligible for this upgrade.

Since yesterday, we have improved the estore product validation process.  What was triggering the "not eligible" message was that the E-store was not looking at all possible customer accounts that you could have listed in our system.  Because of this glitch it was not recognizing that many of you were infact registered 8.0 customers and eligible for the upgrade.  

If you had two records where there were subtle changes in your name or address for instance one had you listed as "Bobby" and the other had you as "Robert," or one had you at "E. Central St" and the other had you at "East Central Street," or if there was a typo in the second record, until it was fixed today, the E-store didn't count both records and was missing some product information. 

We have since upgraded this process so it operates in a much "smarter" manner, so this issue should be resolved for most of you.  There are limits to the improvements that we made, so some of you, especially where there may be extreme diffences in customer records could still experience this issue.

RE: 2. Some customers are discovering that their purchase or registration history  is missing from our estore, even though they have previously purchased or registered products with us.  This is preventing customers from purchasing the 8.5 upgrade.

This issue is partially resolved. We do in fact have your customer registration data and purchase history. No data has been lost.  Even though we have that in our database, our e-store is still not displaying your full history of purchases or registrations.  We are still working on a fix for this.  Despite the incorrect display of information, in the validation process the e-store will now go through your entire purchase history.  Those of you experiencing this issue, should now be eligible for your upgrade, with the exception of a few multiple record discrepancies as mentioned in point 1 above.

For those of you experiencing points one or two, may i request that you please try and purchase your upgrade again.

RE: 3. Some customers are reporting that they have not received an expected email with information on how to access their SONAR 8.5 upgrade.
There are two issues that we know of why some custoemrs did not receive emails yesterday on how to access their upgrade. 

a. We have very strict privacy policy rules in place.  Any registered SONAR 8 customer who was eligible for the free upgrade, but was not opted in to receive emails from us, did not have an email sent to them.

b. We sent out a very high volume of emails yesterday.  As a result some ISPs may have blocked our emails, thinking that we were spammers. This is a regular occurence in email marketing that all companies have to navigate through and we will be clearing that up with those ISPs.  It is unfortunate that it occured yesterday when we had such important information to get to customers.

In either case, if you are a SONAR V-Studio 700 customer, or a SONAR 8 customer who registered on or after July 1st, 2009 you are eligible for a free upgrade to SONAR 8.5 and the information on how to access that upgrade can be found here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/sonarupgrade/ 

If you were not eligible for a free upgrade and were expecting an email from us about your purchase, that may have been blocked by an ISP, caught in a spam filter, etc.  In this case, all you should have to do is log into your estore account, and the information you need about your purchase should be there.  Please have a look and let us know if that is the case.

I would greatlky appreciate it, if your problem has been resolved, that you edit your post on this thread to reflect that.  If it has not been resolved, please let us know.

Thank you again for your patience and your support.

Sincerely,

Carl Jacobson

post edited by Marketing [Cakewalk] - 2009/09/16 17:08:38

205 Replies Related Threads

Karyn
    Ma-Ma
    • Total Posts : 9200
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 20:47:04 (permalink)
    Hi Carl

I'm suffering the no email glitch.

I'm off to bed now,   again.
    gwp99
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 507
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 20:52:13 (permalink)
    1 and #2 below 

1. Some customers are trying to purchase the 8.5 download and are being given a message that they are not eligible for this upgrade.  

2. Some customers are discovering that their purchase or registration history  is missing from our estore, even though they have previously purchased or registered products with us.  This is preventing customers from purchasing the 8.5 upgrade.

post edited by gwp99 - 2009/09/15 21:04:19

X1E-64bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Sonica Labs Hush QT- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66G, 8GB  RAM, RME Fireface UFX (using Firewire), 3 eSata internal/many external hdd's    
    gcarlson
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 20:58:33 (permalink)
    I am suffering from #1 & #2 ...

Gary C

Music
    Sonar Platinum - Roland VS-700 - Roland Octa Capture
    Intel I7 X980 3.33 (StudioCat) - 12GB ram - Win7 64bit

Psychobillybob
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 882
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:05:21 (permalink)
    I got all three...but I did talk to a nice lady in sales and I think the problems are getting ironed out...not to imply that a woman should be doing the ironing, I do all my own ironing at home when I wear things that must be ironed.

As a general rule I wear polyester pant suits that are wash and wear...

I will go back to building my REDD 47 anxiously awaiting the electronic postmans knock on my virtual mailbox.

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
    rabeach
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2703
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:23:51 (permalink)
    #1 and #2 thanks for the help Carl
    Ed Evans
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:28:18 (permalink)
    Hi, Carl.  I have been trying to get my registrations fixed for a couple of months now.  I have sent a few email messages and today I called customer support and the rep assured me that the merge of my accounts was in progress and that my registrations would show up today.  So far, that has not happened.

As a result, I am still not able to purchase my upgrade from 8.0 PE to the new 8.5 PE.  I have purchased and registered every version since Pro Audio 9 (along with a couple of other minor add-ons).

I would certainly appreciate your assistance in getting this resolved.  Please contact me at ed dot evans at live dot com.  Previously, you guys had two other email addresses for me.  One started with "ed.evans" and the other with "ed.evans.hb"

Thanks for your help!

Ed

Ed Evans
    Sonar X3d, Roland Octa-Capture, Windows 7 x64 

DeanG
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:32:23 (permalink)
    #2 - Lost all registrations.

Dean
    billkath
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1076
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:35:12 (permalink)
    Hey Carl,
    so your email may be in the cue and on its way. 

Nice Freudian slip.
    Once an Engineer-always an Engineer!!  

Billy E
    HeartBeat Studios
    CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:50:34 (permalink)
    Hi all,

the lost registrations / serial number thing is a glitch they are working on...  I talked with my tech today, and they are aware of it.  They are not gone, just moved.  They'll set u up with the download manually if they have to (they did for me).....

No worries, it'll be sorted.

C/M
    mcdoma2000
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 157
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:50:42 (permalink)
    I'm experiencing #1 and #2.

Mark McDowell
    ...wicked
    Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7360
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 21:51:13 (permalink)
    All's good here.  My download will be done in... TWO MINUTES.  (took 7 hours tho)

Got my serial by email already so all good there too.

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    billions VSTs, some of which work    
    RichardHK
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 119
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 22:22:17 (permalink)
    #1 and #2 for me too.  All Sonar PE product registrations missing. Only got recent SWA Video purchase in history.

Tuesday AM: My account page told me I was already registered for v8 when I tried to re-register to resolve the 'not eligible' problem. Tried again, and website told me registration did not exist.  Gave up. :(

Tuesday PM: Received CW promotion email and my problem seems to be that I am registered for Sonar 7 (my first purchase) and not the subsequent Sonar 8. Email links drop me on the wrong update pricing page - USD179.

Look forward to downloading the correct USD99 file. Was hoping to do it last night while all the East Coast and most other US folk were at work. :)

Update: All fixed by Friday 18th after email from Cakewalk asking for serial numbers and emails used on my account. Downloaded and all well. VERY nice upgrade.
    post edited by RichardHK - 2009/09/20 04:02:50

Richard, Hong Kong
    Sonar 8.5PE, EWQLSO, SC, RA & Goliath, GPO4, and Omnisphere.
    http://richardentwistle.com/

newdreamstudio
    • Total Posts : 86
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 22:26:14 (permalink)
    i am experiencing #1 and #2.

Russell Kirkland

rusty kirkland
    Studiocat, Intel i7-8th gen/Coffee Lake @ 5.0GHz,  32 gigs RAM, SONAR Platinum 64bit, Motu 2408, 24 I/O and 8pre
    CbB
    Keebo
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 576
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 22:59:36 (permalink)
    Empty Account Syndrome Too
    GYMAIKKO
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 23:12:30 (permalink)
    #1 and #2 

turbitt
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 23:45:31 (permalink)
    #1 and #2.

I have had missing account information for MONTHS. After several phone calls and emails, the problem has still not been resolved.
    jerrypettit
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 625
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 23:55:55 (permalink)
    I just purchased the upgrade from version 7 to 8 over the weekend, but did get my email confirmation, including serial number and registration number--and I see that this is all listed at "My Account".  I assume my DVDs are "in the mail".

However, I've not received an email regarding the 8.5 download...
    bluesplayer
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/15 23:58:02 (permalink)

#2 - entire history and all product registration missing

How resolved and how fast will determine if I continue to purchase CW products

You'll notice from the FEW posts by me I don't come here and complain and I really like SONAR (been customer since DOS days) but have been uncomfortable with, AND I have had glitches, ALBEIT MINOR, in past with this web based registration look- up needed to upgrade or even download patches.

I fully appreciate and I fully SUPPORT your need to protect your IP and products from piracy and your method is the least and not intrusive at all - but from customer point of view end it can be very frustrating when it is not working so…

Larry

post edited by bluesplayer - 2009/09/15 23:59:27
    rscain
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 784
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 00:38:45 (permalink)

#1 and #2

Thanks

My Tunes On SoundClick  

AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 240 gb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Sonar Platinum 64 bit, Studio One 4 Pro, Harrison Mixbus, Izotope Neutron 2 Advanced and Ozone 8 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch, guitars and stuff 
    Iomegaman
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 01:01:51 (permalink)
    I am having difficulty with all three.

No link.
    No registrations.
    Not eligible.
    Not happy.
    CakeFan
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 212
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 01:23:55 (permalink)
    It's working now... nevermind... Thanks. 

I could not log on to the store. 
    post edited by CakeFan - 2009/09/16 03:05:47

Win7Ult 64bit
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (v2.0)
    4GB (2x2G)Corsair Dominator DDR1066 (PC2 8500)
    GeForce 8600GT XFX 256MB
    2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB (Data & Audio)
    Lite-On 20x DVD Burner
    ThermalTake PurePower 500W
    PaulF
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 02:18:49 (permalink)
    All my registrations (going back to 1994) have gone missing yet again. This is no 'glitch', as it happens regularly ;-)

Got the email though.
    digimidi
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 496
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 02:23:55 (permalink)
    Hi, Carl

I am experiencing no. 3 - no email.  I checked my registrations and they seem to be ok, they finally seem to be fixed.  I look forward to the email for the free upgrade to 8.5

Thanks

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left... 
    http://daveowenmusic.com/
    http://fabulous52s.com/
    https://soundcloud.com/daveowenmusic

Sonar Platinum Edition/Cakewalk by BandLab: Dell 8700 XPS i7 16GB RAM, Cyberpower laptop w/8GB RAM/i7/2GB NVidia card/Tascam US1641/Focusrite 18i6/Melodyne Studio 4/Waves Plugs (a lot)/Garritan/EWQL Symphony Silver & Fab 4 and a bunch of other stuff. Studio One 3/Magix Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/Mixcraft 8 Pro/Reaper/Acid Pro 8
    donald
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 04:06:23 (permalink)
    I was able to download S8.5PE but haven't recieved an email with instructions for IK Multimedia Classik Studio Reverb yet. Made the purchase and download 7pm CET yesterday (15/9).

Also my registration history is blank. However, if I switch region to US (I live in Sweden and have never lived in teh US), I get most of my registrations, including S8.5PE and S8PE, S7PE, S6PE, etc. It does also include Home Studio 8 and Home Studio 2002 XL, which I've never bought.

I've brought this up with customer service before (last year) and they've promised to move my registrations to the €-account, and until yesterday, I've had the SWA Complete SONAR 8 video tutorial HD in my €, but now that is missing as well.

So, when can I finally expect a resolution to the oddities in the registrations and an email with information on how to get the IK CSR, which I've paid for?
    subtlearts
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2200
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 04:45:43 (permalink)
    Hi there, I have #3 here, I bought Sonar8PE upgrade from Sweetwater in mid-July, it's registered and shows on my registration list but no email. If it's in the pipeline and coming, great, but since you asked...

edit: when you say 'try logging into your account, the information should be there' do you mean only for people who bought through the Cakewalk store? Because I just looked around and can't find anything there. 
    post edited by subtlearts - 2009/09/16 04:47:17

tobias tinker 
    music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
    tobiastinker.com
    aeosrecords.com
    soundfascination.com
    Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 06:24:50 (permalink)
    Marketing [Cakewalk
    ]

Hello,

I'd like to apologise for the trouble that some of you are experiencing purchasing or accessing your SONAR 8.5 upgrade. 

I wanted to post something up here to let you know that we are aware of this situation. There is a slight glitch in our database that is affecting a small percentage of users. We are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.  

The known issues that people are experiencing are the following:

3. Some customers are reporting that they have not received an expected email with information on how to access their SONAR 8.5 upgrade.

For customers experiencing #1, I wanted to make sure that you understand that the 8.5 download is only available for SONAR 8.0 customers.  If you do not have SONAR 8.0 registered with us, you will not be able to purchase the 8.5 upgrade.   That said we are aware that some registered 8.0 customers cannot purchase the upgrade because of the glitch I reported above.

For customers reporting #3 who are eligible for the free upgrade, please be patient.  We need to send out thousands of emails and they do go out in batches, so your email may be in the queue and on its way.

Other customers reporting #3 who made a purchase, but did not receive their email yet, please try logging into your store account.  If everything happened correctly the information you need should be present there.

For anyone else I would like to propose the following.  Please respond to this thread to let us know that you are having an issue.  In your response please state which issue you have experienced.  I have seen separate posts and replies from customers in multiple threads, it will be much easier for us to resolve your issues if we could have them all posted here. 

Tomorrow, during normal business hours, I will ask our customer service team to start resolving your individual situations, while we simultaneously work to resolve the database glitch.

Once again, I apologise to the handful of you who are experiencing issues.  You want to buy SONAR 8.5 on the day it's available, and we are so appreciative of your excitement and enthusiasm for what has turned out to be a great upgrade.  Please be patient with us, you have my word, that we will resolve this so that you can get your upgrade.

Sincerely,

Carl Jacobson

Well I do not seem to appear in any of my possible incarnations which non of my possible logins are working at the e-store I created a new account and then tried to register my Sonar producer 8 and was promptly told it was already registered.  This was not unexpected as I know it is registered, I registered it. when I brought it last year.

Just for the record I own
    Cakewalk Apprentice
    Cakewalk for windows 3.11
    Cakewalk Pro Audio Version 1 through 9
    Cakewalk Sonar XL through Sonar 8.
    I Have been a customer since 1994 and all version have bee registered with Cakewalk.
    Please note I live in the UK not the US
    post edited by Wookiee - 2009/09/17 05:07:08

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    joenj07087
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 166
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 06:30:22 (permalink)
    well as of this morning I'm still stuck with the # 3 problem..no e-mail..I'm begining to wonder...lol..I guess I will ask customer service about my case, I purchased everything after July 1.....so I figure I'm in for the free download...I'll wait it out today....if nothing happens by evening then I will enquire!

APPLE IMAC 27" 2.93 GHz INTEL QUAD CORE i7
    running windows 7 with PARALLELS DESKTOP
    SONARX1
    bc100
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 06:36:53 (permalink)
    I am experiencing issue #1 because of issue #2.
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    Re:If you are having trouble accessing your 8.5 upgrade - check in here 2009/09/16 07:40:24 (permalink)
    OK
    Here is my issue which I have not seen anyone else have.
    I purchased the $99 8.5 upgrade (I was allowed the download)
    I downloaded it (it took 6 hours)
    changed the efw extension to zip (zip file showed up)
    Right clicked on the zip folder and choose "Extract all"
    I then got a dialog box stating that there were "no files to extract"

HOw do I fix this?
    Cliff
    post edited by Truckermusic - 2009/09/16 07:42:34

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz