Helpful ReplyLockedCakewalk Announcement

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 48 of 59
Author
Skyline_UK
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 11:01:21 (permalink)
In my view they were too tech focused, their marketing of Sonar was very poor to non-existent, leading to too much reliance on the existing customer base, e.g. the lifetime offer thing. Having tried some alternatives in the past two weeks it sticks out a mile to me that Sonar was/is a far better DAW than the rest and that should have given them a good marketing edge.  Gibson made a gut purchase (which is what happens in companies with a supremo that wants to make all decisions themselves) and should have kicked the tyres properly first.  What's utterly inforgiveable - from the point of view of CW staff welfare, customer service and general PR - is Gibson crashing and burning Sonar without making concerted attempts to sell Sonar for $1, e.g. to IK Multimedia.  Maybe they tried but somehow I don't think so. 

My stuff

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 240GB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB drive RAID mirrored, plus extra 1TB data drive 
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Cakewalk by BandLab 64 bit, Studio One 3, 
Band In A Box 2016, Ozone 8
+ too many other plugins
BandLab page
Ddamaged1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 16:52:16 (permalink)
I can't believe this. I won scholarships composing on sonar to NYU and Columbia University. This is absolutely horrifying. Their piano scroll view was perfect for me.. absolutely perfect.. now where am I to go for the same?

anydmusic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 17:09:50 (permalink)
Ddamaged1
I can't believe this. I won scholarships composing on sonar to NYU and Columbia University. This is absolutely horrifying. Their piano scroll view was perfect for me.. absolutely perfect.. now where am I to go for the same?

As a starter if Sonar works for you the way it is and minus the enhancement that you requested in another thread you should be able to continue using it for some time.

As a follow up, these forums are now full of details about the many alternatives, most of these are in the software forum but they are scattered so from an information perspective there has never been a better time to switch.

Start with the thread below to see what's available. Most of the deals have been extended at least once and ask questions as most users here have been trying to help each other find the best alternative.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/3rd-party-offers-made-to-Sonar-users-Updated-211217-m3701893.aspx 

Graham
Windows 10 64 bit - Intel i7-4790, 16GB, 2 x 256GB SSD
Cubase 9.5
Sonar Platinum (Rapture Pro, Z3TA 2, CA2A, plus some other bits)
Delta 24/96, UAD 1, UA25 EX, 2 x MidiSport,
IKMultiMedia - (SampleTank 3, Miroslav 2, Syntronik, TRacks 5, Modo Bass), Band In A Box, Sound Quest, VS Pro, Kinetic, Acid, Sound Forge, Jammer
Waves MaxxVolume, IR 1, Aphex Enhancer, Abbey Plates
Korg Legacy, VStation, Bass Station
Ddamaged1
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 17:38:21 (permalink)
thank you very much, this is very kind of you.
Ddamaged1
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 18:43:47 (permalink)
The only Daw I notice comes close is Cubase pro 9.5.. the piano roll view is similar, except that i don't understand why they force you to work the midi track by track as opposed to seeing the whole midi score like you can in sonar's prv.. 
skorst
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 19:56:12 (permalink)
chuckebaby
Happy New year everyone.

Happy New Year, Charlie!

i3 Intel Core, 8Gb RAM, 500G Internal, Win 7 64-Bit, Sonar Platinum
https://soundcloud.com/stevekorst
skorst
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 20:06:04 (permalink)
sharke
michael diemer
sharke
disdisley
i've only just found out 
why was we not informed ????
who will refund my purchases for plug ins and so on i've brought over the last month ?
and now i can not upgrade 
this is criminal scamming 

Question: are the plugins you bought locked into Sonar or can you use them in other DAW's? If you can use them in other DAW's then you absolutely most certainly did not get ripped off and no refunds are forthcoming. Even if they are only usable in Sonar, then I didn't read the part where your copy of Sonar has become disabled and you are no longer able to make music with it. 

Honesty people need to calm down with the drama. 

It seems like comments have sorted themselves into two camps. On the one hand you have the "Let me first say that I've used Cakewalk since the DOS floppy days, in fact here's a photo of my discs...." type posts, on the other you have "F&#^#^$! This is a scam and a ripoff and so help me god I will unleash the full fury of a UN taskforce upon Cakewalk and Gibson if they do not refund me in full and apologize for going out of business!" 

There are two reasons people are upset. First, they're upset about feeling like they got ripped off with the now obviously bogus lifetime update scheme. Who wouldn't be? But there's nothing to be done about that; they were taken advantage of by a company desperate to stay in business. Nothing to be done about that but accept it and move on. No class action suit is going to be filed. 

Second, people are upset about the loss of a great software program, which did not have to happen. and should not have happened. Cakewalk should not have been sacrificed to help stave off what may be inevitable bankruptcy by Gibson. That was uncalled for. The loyal customers should not suffer because of their poor management. Unfortunately, while highly unethical, there is also nothing illegal here either. So, again, only thing to do is accept it and move on. Or, stay with your favorite stable version of sonar as long as you can. 

I don't think anyone gains by being ridiculed for their legitimate feelings about what has happened. If it doesn't bother you, fine, say so. but don't put the rest of us down because we may have a different reaction. The thing about people is, we're not all the same. Everyone's are feelings are just as valid as yours. It would be a boring world if we were all robots which always reacted in the same predictable way. 

First of all, the lifetime update offer was not "obviously bogus." Nobody in their right mind would ever think the offer meant updates for the remainder of their own lifetime. Unfortunately, from reading online threads about Cakewalk's demise, it seems that there are a surprising number of people who aren't in their right mind. The offer was clearly intended to give the participants updates for as long as Sonar was being developed. Companies go out of business. Therefore, anyone paying for lifetime offers was knowingly taking a risk. I didn't read the small print on the offer and I'm guessing very few people did - but I'm willing to bet that it stated the terms of this "lifetime offer" in very clear, unambiguous legal terms. We weren't ripped off by the offer, it's as simple as that. 

All companies will do whatever it takes to stay in business. No company is going to come out and say "folks, we're on the brink of bankruptcy" to their customers, not as long as there's a chance to turn things around. Doing so would cause everyone to get cold feet and abandon ship, almost guaranteeing immediate bankruptcy. Lifetime updates was floated as a plan to reverse Cakewalk's fortunes, and the idea was likely floated with the best of intentions - nobody intended to go out of business and nobody intended to rip anyone off. 

Any feeling could be described as "legitimate" simply by virtue of it having been felt by someone. The trouble is that feelings are frequently not based upon objective fact, or reasonable trains of thought, or even a rational set of values. For example, people "mourning" the loss of Sonar and acting like some tremendous tragedy has been inflicted upon them need to get a grip of their lives. You only have to turn on the news to realize how pathetic it is. Here in New York the other day there was an apartment fire which wiped out 12 people, some of them kids. When I read stories like that and then go online and read some of the self-centered, melodramatic rants people are posting about the news that some dispensable, replaceable piece of software will no longer receive updates, it kind of annoys me. I guess my feelings are legitimate too, yes? 

The bottom line is that Sonar was nowhere near popular enough to justify the development cost. And that's not Gibson's fault. 

Thanks for the perspective. Happy New Year!

i3 Intel Core, 8Gb RAM, 500G Internal, Win 7 64-Bit, Sonar Platinum
https://soundcloud.com/stevekorst
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/02 23:59:14 (permalink)
pwalpwal
no one here knows what really happened regarding gibson etc - personally, i'll speculate that gibson were cakewalk's last chance, after they had already failed with roland and intergrated/branded hardware, with anderton joining around the same time - "if anyone can save it, anderton can" - but cakewalk still failed to adjust to the new digital marketplace/fwiw

Some people haven't seen the Reddit thread??
(Google "former employee cakewalk Reddit").

What the former employee is saying came as absolutely no surprise to me.
Happy New Year. THE END.
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 01:14:37 (permalink)
skorst
sharke
michael diemer
sharke
disdisley
i've only just found out 
why was we not informed ????
who will refund my purchases for plug ins and so on i've brought over the last month ?
and now i can not upgrade 
this is criminal scamming 

Question: are the plugins you bought locked into Sonar or can you use them in other DAW's? If you can use them in other DAW's then you absolutely most certainly did not get ripped off and no refunds are forthcoming. Even if they are only usable in Sonar, then I didn't read the part where your copy of Sonar has become disabled and you are no longer able to make music with it. 

Honesty people need to calm down with the drama. 

It seems like comments have sorted themselves into two camps. On the one hand you have the "Let me first say that I've used Cakewalk since the DOS floppy days, in fact here's a photo of my discs...." type posts, on the other you have "F&#^#^$! This is a scam and a ripoff and so help me god I will unleash the full fury of a UN taskforce upon Cakewalk and Gibson if they do not refund me in full and apologize for going out of business!" 

There are two reasons people are upset. First, they're upset about feeling like they got ripped off with the now obviously bogus lifetime update scheme. Who wouldn't be? But there's nothing to be done about that; they were taken advantage of by a company desperate to stay in business. Nothing to be done about that but accept it and move on. No class action suit is going to be filed. 

Second, people are upset about the loss of a great software program, which did not have to happen. and should not have happened. Cakewalk should not have been sacrificed to help stave off what may be inevitable bankruptcy by Gibson. That was uncalled for. The loyal customers should not suffer because of their poor management. Unfortunately, while highly unethical, there is also nothing illegal here either. So, again, only thing to do is accept it and move on. Or, stay with your favorite stable version of sonar as long as you can. 

I don't think anyone gains by being ridiculed for their legitimate feelings about what has happened. If it doesn't bother you, fine, say so. but don't put the rest of us down because we may have a different reaction. The thing about people is, we're not all the same. Everyone's are feelings are just as valid as yours. It would be a boring world if we were all robots which always reacted in the same predictable way. 

First of all, the lifetime update offer was not "obviously bogus." Nobody in their right mind would ever think the offer meant updates for the remainder of their own lifetime. Unfortunately, from reading online threads about Cakewalk's demise, it seems that there are a surprising number of people who aren't in their right mind. The offer was clearly intended to give the participants updates for as long as Sonar was being developed. Companies go out of business. Therefore, anyone paying for lifetime offers was knowingly taking a risk. I didn't read the small print on the offer and I'm guessing very few people did - but I'm willing to bet that it stated the terms of this "lifetime offer" in very clear, unambiguous legal terms. We weren't ripped off by the offer, it's as simple as that. 

All companies will do whatever it takes to stay in business. No company is going to come out and say "folks, we're on the brink of bankruptcy" to their customers, not as long as there's a chance to turn things around. Doing so would cause everyone to get cold feet and abandon ship, almost guaranteeing immediate bankruptcy. Lifetime updates was floated as a plan to reverse Cakewalk's fortunes, and the idea was likely floated with the best of intentions - nobody intended to go out of business and nobody intended to rip anyone off. 

Any feeling could be described as "legitimate" simply by virtue of it having been felt by someone. The trouble is that feelings are frequently not based upon objective fact, or reasonable trains of thought, or even a rational set of values. For example, people "mourning" the loss of Sonar and acting like some tremendous tragedy has been inflicted upon them need to get a grip of their lives. You only have to turn on the news to realize how pathetic it is. Here in New York the other day there was an apartment fire which wiped out 12 people, some of them kids. When I read stories like that and then go online and read some of the self-centered, melodramatic rants people are posting about the news that some dispensable, replaceable piece of software will no longer receive updates, it kind of annoys me. I guess my feelings are legitimate too, yes? 

The bottom line is that Sonar was nowhere near popular enough to justify the development cost. And that's not Gibson's fault. 

Thanks for the perspective. Happy New Year!

You mean there is no after life version?

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
jamvanman
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 02:23:32 (permalink)
from a longstanding user, sorry for the dedicated cakewalk employees.
robcovets
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 03:07:01 (permalink)
Hello Cakewalk community. This is my first time writing on this forum. 

I currently have Sonar Platinum installed on my PC. When I run the program, it states the following: "SONAR is running in Demo Mode. Saving is disabled". 

I know that no updates are available since "the announcement" was made but can I still use my program, not in Demo Mode?

Cheers!
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 03:43:08 (permalink)
robcovets
I know that no updates are available since "the announcement" was made but can I still use my program, not in Demo Mode?

You'll want to contact the support team. That is one of the things they were kept on to correct. Everyone that was still making their subscription payments in November, or had completed payments prior, should be showing a status of "Owned" - you might also check in your 'Account' here on the cakewalk site to find "My Products" and see what it says there.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
johne53
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 08:08:04 (permalink)
To be fair to Gibson, I'd assume that the Cakewalk products were either too expensive to develop or that the market just wasn't big enough (or both). It does seem odd though that no-one from Gibson has come here to expand upon their decision. AFAIK there's only been a horribly vague statement that the brand was dropped "to better align with the company’s acquisition strategy that is heavily focused on growth in the global consumer electronics audio business under the Philips brand."

IMHO that doesn't even come close to offering an explanation. If Cakewalk was becoming an uncomfortable fit for some reason, you'd assume they'd try to sell it (or at least sell the profitable bits). I wonder if they even tried?
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 08:58:10 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
pwalpwal
no one here knows what really happened regarding gibson etc - personally, i'll speculate that gibson were cakewalk's last chance, after they had already failed with roland and intergrated/branded hardware, with anderton joining around the same time - "if anyone can save it, anderton can" - but cakewalk still failed to adjust to the new digital marketplace/fwiw

Some people haven't seen the Reddit thread??
(Google "former employee cakewalk Reddit").

What the former employee is saying came as absolutely no surprise to me.
Happy New Year. THE END.

sure i read it, but it's only a part of the picture
and a happy new year alex! :-)

just a sec

Brandon2000
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 12:38:56 (permalink)
Will anyone anywhere ever put their faith in a subscription type system for purchasing/using/leasing/licensing software anymore? This could be a lesson to the other big boys out there that no one is immune from this sort of thing.
AMENRAMUXIK
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 14:34:58 (permalink)
I BOUGHT CAKEWALK IN THE LATE 80 EARLY 90 AND I DONT KNOW ANOTHER DAWS TO USE. I HAVE BEEN AHEAD OF EVERYONE IN THE USE OF DAWS AND MIDI AS A RESULT. I WOULDNT MIND PAYING FOR THEM MY SELF TO KEEP THEM OPERATIONAL IF I HAD OTHERS TO JOIN ME. THEY SHOULD BE SOLD TO THE PEOPLE WHO USE THEM. NOT SOME UNDERCOVER APPLE COMPANY/GUITAR COMPANY. WHO AGREES OR WITH ME?
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 14:41:08 (permalink)
AMENRAMUXIK
I bought cakewalk in the late 80 early 90 and i dont know another daws to use. I have been ahead of everyone in the use of daws and midi as a result. I wouldnt mind paying for them my self to keep them operational if i had others to join me. They should be sold to the people who use them. Not some undercover apple company/guitar company. Who agrees or with me?

you're welcome

just a sec

karhide
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 457
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 16:48:56 (permalink)

Studio: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 32GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace UFX - Focusrite OctoPre MK II - Audient Mico

Mobile: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace 400

Mobile2: Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 256 GB System Drive Windows 10 64 bit

http://www.karhide.co.uk/
https://karhide.bandcamp.com
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 16:56:49 (permalink)
Given Gibson's financial situation, the incessant use of "acquisition strategy" in press releases gives me the willies.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Brian Walton
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 19:13:08 (permalink)
sharke
michael diemer
sharke
disdisley

Who exactly are you suggesting fault resides with then?

Fully aware that it wasn't hugely popular in terms of sales.  As a brand under the umbrella, they were responsible for getting the marketing word out to show people it was in fact one of the best DAWs ever created.  

The problem was not the quality of the product, and there are enough consumers in the market place to have kept them in business (otherwise these lesser DAWs would be closing shop).
dafunk104
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 19:58:15 (permalink)
If Gibson is not going to do anything then maybe they would not mind turning it into an open source project.

Joe
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 20:27:07 (permalink)
Brian Walton

Who exactly are you suggesting fault resides with then?

Fully aware that it wasn't hugely popular in terms of sales.  As a brand under the umbrella, they were responsible for getting the marketing word out to show people it was in fact one of the best DAWs ever created.  

The problem was not the quality of the product, and there are enough consumers in the market place to have kept them in business (otherwise these lesser DAWs would be closing shop).

Sonar was "one of the best DAW's ever created" mainly on paper. For a long time, it's been beset by stability issues, bugs and other weirdness which not only stifle creativity but also in some cases actually destroy work. Because of this, it developed a negative reputation. This reputation was not the fault of Gibson. 

The idea that Sonar was audio production's best kept secret and that the only thing between it and runaway success was "better marketing" is nonsense. There are DAW's out there which perform better and are more stable. All DAW's have a certain number of features which other DAW's don't, or have some things which they do better than other DAW's. 

Sonar is a frustrating program for a beginner to get into, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that the way it operates can be very confusing and problematic. For instance, let's say you accidentally (or whimsically) click on the automation lane button on a track. By default, a volume automation envelope appears, even though you didn't ask for one. And if you aren't aware of this and don't think to delete it manually, that automation envelope is now holding your fader hostage and will spring it back if you try to move it. Instant beginner frustration. Doesn't help that the manual is so full of outdated info and outright errors. Sonar also has a ton of MIDI issues which cause a tremendous amount of frustration - for instance, MIDI crosstalk sending MIDI to places where it shouldn't be (something I've grappled with constantly). And I've already gone into Sonar losing plugin settings on a regular basis. It's when you try another DAW and find that, not only is it smoother and more stable than Sonar, and not only does it have a ton of very useful design features that Sonar was lacking, but that it actually doesn't suffer from the same catastrophic problems as Sonar, you realize that part of the problem was the quality of the product. 

And again, you can only blame Gibson so much for that. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
jpetersen
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 20:53:03 (permalink)
Brandon2000
Will anyone anywhere ever put their faith in a subscription type system for purchasing/using/leasing/licensing software anymore? This could be a lesson to the other big boys out there that no one is immune from this sort of thing.

Paying for features forces the programmers to satisfy users needs or starve.
Subscriptions mean paying in advance with no idea what you are going to get.
But it IS what seems to happen to mature products. Like Microsoft Office.
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 20:57:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cincyjack 2018/01/03 22:09:45
@Sharke
I don't understand your point in trashing Sonar and telling us how terrible it is?
Do you think we are all idiots and have nothing better to do than use a daw that hinders us at every turn? Jeeezzzz!
Hey, I love sonar because it just keeps freezing on me, etc, etc, etc, etc.................

***Or perhaps, just perhaps, for many (MOST) of us it works fine for what we do and we are (were) happy with it?

Stringrazor1
  • Total Posts : 579
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 21:19:55 (permalink)
<delete>
post edited by Stringrazor1 - 2018/01/03 22:33:58
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 21:23:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CakeAlexSHere 2018/01/04 00:18:59
stratman70
@Sharke
I don't understand your point in trashing Sonar and telling us how terrible it is?
Do you think we are all idiots and have nothing better to do than use a daw that hinders us at every turn? Jeeezzzz!
Hey, I love sonar because it just keeps freezing on me, etc, etc, etc, etc.................

***Or perhaps, just perhaps, for many (MOST) of us it works fine for what we do and we are (were) happy with it?

Like many in this whole discussion, you're missing the point and taking everything too personally. 

Whether or not Sonar works "fine" for you is not relevant in the question of why Sonar was not a popular DAW. 

The fact is that Sonar did end up with a reputation for being buggy and unstable, and that reputation didn't come about for no reason. If you use the program for basic recording/editing/mixing tasks then you might not even come across some of the problems which made Sonar so frustrating for some of us. Indeed, when I first start a project in Sonar, it works just fine. Once the project gets over a certain size and age and is full of synths and MIDI flying around in all directions and has 100+ tracks and lots of complex routing etc, then you start to see some serious problems, and I see them on a daily basis. When a DAW is destroying mixes that you've spent hours on because it can't even retain your plugin settings properly, that's an extremely serious problem which deserves to be talked about openly regardless of whether or not people get offended because you're "trashing" a program that they love. 

And I bring this up, only because a lot of people seem to be completely baffled as to why Sonar isn't the #1 DAW and why it had the reputation it did. I hear people saying things like Sonar is the hands down best DAW in the universe and that other DAW's don't even come close. It's just not true. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
deswind
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 952
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 22:31:23 (permalink)
Better the bugs you know than the ones yet to be encountered on another DAW.
I love Sonar and all its bugs.
Ricebug
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 181
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/03 22:48:40 (permalink)
LJBIs this a classic case of the Big Corporation agenda won out over the free-thinking smaller guy, I wonder.
Yeah, the suits upstairs weren't able to maintain their luxury lifestyle. They call it, "following the money."

Sonar Platinum / AMD 5 ghz 8-core CPU w/8 GB RAM / nVidia GTX-780 graphics / Roland A-500Pro MIDI keyboard / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface / Komplete 9 Ultimate / Melodyne Essential / Digitech Vocalist Live Pro/ Roland MSGS synth module / Rode NT2 microphone / an understanding wife
stickin
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/04 00:03:10 (permalink)
Sadly...
So, now I am wondering how much of my investment in Sonar Platinum and related updates/instruments can be used with Cubase Pro?  And is Steinberg still offering crossgrade pricing for Sonar users?
(sorry if this has been asked already)

-Stickin
CakeAlexSHere
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Cakewalk Announcement 2018/01/04 00:17:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2018/01/04 00:37:27
deswind
Better the bugs you know than the ones yet to be encountered on another DAW.
I love Sonar and all its bugs.

And that's why it wasn't newbie friendly.
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 48 of 59
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1