Helpful ReplyFeature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018]

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 26
Author
muzdol
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/02 21:16:28 (permalink)
there is an issue with xln addictive drums.
phase issue when one do the parallel processing with aux track.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/02 21:19:39 (permalink)
muzdol
there is an issue with xln addictive drums.
phase issue when one do the parallel processing with aux track.

Documentation?

And the main reason I ask is that bug reports generally require a bit more detail than you have supplied. 

9/10 times there is a problem with the plugin itself.  But sometimes it is just the way a specific host and plugin interact, and it often takes the two to work together to resolve it.  Sometimes the host devs can make an adjustment, other times the plugin devs can do the same.  It's not always as simple as it sounds...

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Leee
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/02 23:04:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2018/04/06 15:49:43
I second the request for a Ripple Edit on/off indicator, to let you know without having to use the dropdown menu whether or not Ripple edit is on or off.  I can't tell you how many times this has screwed me up.
I know it's just a matter of clicking on Undo to fix your mistake, but an indicator light would definitely be welcome.

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
Horsefight
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 02:03:11 (permalink)
Howdy,

+1 on all the ACT / midi controller comments, the only thing I'd add would be NKS support. That would make me a happy camper

Plus stability, on larger projects it becomes a bit crashey, possibly just starting with being able to tell which plugin caused a fault?

Cheers
Yurim
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 03:58:18 (permalink)
 소나8.5때처럼 스마트툴 말고 드로잉 이런거 쓸수있게 옵션좀 넣어주세요

스마트툴 안슬수있게 8.5때로 돌릴수잇는것만 있으면 좋겟습니다

소나8.5에서 이것때문에 업그레이드를 못하고 X시리즈를 못쓰고있습니다.
losguy
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5506
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 04:03:15 (permalink)
Yurim
 소나8.5때처럼 스마트툴 말고 드로잉 이런거 쓸수있게 옵션좀 넣어주세요

스마트툴 안슬수있게 8.5때로 돌릴수잇는것만 있으면 좋겟습니다

소나8.5에서 이것때문에 업그레이드를 못하고 X시리즈를 못쓰고있습니다.

Do not use smart tools like Drawing 8.5 in Sonar.
 It would be nice if you can turn it down to 8.5 times to avoid smart tools
 I can not upgrade because of this in Sonata 8.5 and I can not use the X series.

(On edit: Translated via Google, mostly out of curiosity. Views expressed in the original Korean or its translation are not necessarily shared by this poster.)

Psalm 30:12
All pure waves converge at the Origin
losguy
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5506
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 04:14:26 (permalink)
Excellent suggestions so far, especially if you up-vote the most popular ones.

Regarding the requests related to ACT / MIDI Controllers / work by AZslow, I would like to suggest that you consider integrating it with the new MIDI-CI (Capability Inquiry) Spec just adopted by the MMA (see article here). It provides a framework for two-way querying of devices and automatically configuring setups, complete with editable profiles. Where it comes up short (say, with legacy devices), profiles could be added, or capabilities could be backstopped with maps or tools a-la AZslow. It would be a great way to 1) conform to (and build upon) a real industry standard, and 2) not waste resources "reinventing the wheel".

Psalm 30:12
All pure waves converge at the Origin
urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 04:25:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Svein Egil 2018/04/04 21:26:14
Hi Meng,

Thank you again for bringing SONAR back and seeking input from your users.  It was hard to limit to 5 things but here goes:

The biggest ask first:

1. Mac version, please.

Asks for current version:

2. Audiosnap update - Make Audiosnap much easier to use - one example would be like Logic’s Flextime - and improve quality/results

3. Add chord tracks - similar to Cubase

4. Add Mackie hui protocol to control surface support

Small ask:

5. Bring back the horizontal view of effects bin in track view - that disappeared at some point (I believe X series).  With the horizontal view you could see everything necessary to mix in the track view in a compact way.  As such I almost never needed the mixer view.

Finally, thank you again for your friendly and respectful entrance into this forum.    Looking forward to the next TDFKAS announcement!

urock
musicrazy
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 04:35:47 (permalink)
1. Improve mackie control support with vsti control and vst control customization (Re-arranging controls)
2. Chord track
3. Ara 2 integration
4.Solo bands in quadCurve eq.
FakeItTillUmakeIt
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 04:49:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ademir 2018/04/03 17:26:23
1. Dump the staff view. Partner with an existing notation developer and either integrate it or have them provide a rewire compatibility so they play well with each other.
2.  Develop only 1 version of the DAW. Then, provide "levels of use", such as level 1 to level 3. Where level 1 would only display rudimentary features and level 3 is the full featured version etc...
3. Allow menu editing so you can omit options rarely used to customize a clean look.
4.  Update the scroll arrows to like what Vegas uses for us mousers - much more powerful and not as clunky.

FW-1884
Sonar Platinum ∞
Win7 Ultimate 32
KPerry
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3120
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 09:01:53 (permalink)
Mine would be a mix of generic changes (which I may not care about personally, by the way, but are ones which I think need to be dealt with to make SONAR a serious competitor), one bug and one FR:

1 - Better compatability with VSTs: special modes for SONAR, general incompatabilities, lack of direct support for MIDI processing VSTs should be a thing of the past.

2 - Better audio performance - whether the benchmarks are reasonable or not, the oft-stated tests show SONAR in a particularly bad light, especially at low latencies.  This needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency: I think that (1) may affect this (eg. too many VST calls or inefficient calls).  Something like Samplitude's hybrid engine, Cubase's ASIO guard or Reaper's adaptive(?) processing is needed.

3 - Control surface support.  The comments from Meng about the VS700 are promising, but Bandlab needs to own development of control surface support rather than expecting the hardware manufacturers to do this.

4 - FR: Independent snap for MIDI and audio in Track View.  Or independent snap for move vs. edits (slip edits and cutting) for audio.  One or the other, but continually having to disable snap to slip edit an audio clip when I'm almost always going to want to move clips by a musical measurement is frustrating in the extreme.

5 - Bug: Deleting an envelope sets the value the envelope controls based on the "Now" time, not resets it to the "default" or value at the start of the track.  I know this is as intended, but it's really not intuitive: my Word analogy would be deleting a sentence on page 7 affects the formatting of the text on page 1.  No-one would accept that behaviour.  I do wonder if one of the issues is the strict linkage between envelopes and control surface faders/knobs, and this should be separated (ie. a track has two - summed - envelopes for a parameter, one derived from an envelope added via the software and one via a controller, with the ability to change one to the other).

Windows 7 x64 SP1
SONAR x86/x64

Intel Q6600/8GB
MOTU UltraliteMk3 (USB/ASIO)
Edirol PCR300
J-War
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 11:27:13 (permalink)
Add a " Clip Enveloppes copy/paste " feature please.
Recording a " clone D.I track " for reamping purposes has become quite common nowadays ! You're getting the exact same clips and takes on 2 different tracks (or more) only the sound is different.
Allowing the copy of clip enveloppes from the processed track to the D.I track would save a lot of time... Especialy when you have a lot of takes !

Thanks in advance.
lapasoa
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 15:18:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby miracledee 2018/04/06 12:00:12
When activating Ripple edit, it is very useful that some button start flashing or changes his colour showing to the user that ripple edit is active or still active. This will be fine to avoid errors. Thanks.
Blogospherianman
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 16:37:20 (permalink)
Blacksymphony
Hi
I think the there's some Feature TDFKAS need to have in order to earn film composer and video game music composer.There are plenty 
of things can not be achieved using sonar,but it's the necessary feature on film scoring and video game music production.

1) Feature - Tempo track(like Steinberg Cubase).
[Sonar can not copy,paste,disable or move the tempo line,if I draw a lot of tempo change,then I want slow everything down by 
10BPM,the only way to do this is to re-draw everything.that makes a film music composer impossible to work.I think this feature 
should be given top priority. ]

2) Feature - Marker track(like Steinberg Cubase).Also an essential feature

3)Feature -Metronome improvement and metronome track export.
[Will be a very handy Feature when a film composer need to record the orchestra and prepare the click track for the orchestra]

4)Feature -"count-in" measures(or Bar Number offset),allow user to start a sequence at measure -1 or 3 ect,

5)bugs-Improve the compability with Vienna Ensemble pro.I'v test on many daws only sonar behave like this.
[1.open a Cakewalk sonar project with VE plugin,the VE server will automaticly loding,and then daw is freezed until terminate the 
ve server. 
2.change the buffer setting in Sonar,hit ok.and the daw will freeze.]

6)Feature -arranger track(like Steinberg Cubase)
[A handy feature to songwriter]

7)Feature -Retrospective MIDI Record(like cubase and protools 2018)

And by the way .If TDFKAS can load vst's by mutiple computers via network,like Vienna Ensemble did.I think Every Film music 
composer will turn to TDFKAS.I know it will take years to develope this feature.but for now,please improve some compability with 
Vienna ensemble.

Thanks again meng ^_^

You can already copy and paste tempo changes. You can also slow down or speed up the tempo map that contains multiple tempo changes retaining all the movements by using 'Fit to time' and selecting an earlier time and using he change tempos option. I use this all of the time. Moves the whole map up or down. I have detailed how to do this in one of my posts. Hit me back if you need help with it.
MarianoGF
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 16:46:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ademir 2018/04/03 17:30:18
Thanks for asking. This is an incredible opportunity for us.

1. Give the possibility of choosing the sample rate and bit depth every time we start a new project.
2. Review and modify some menus in a more ordered way. For example, if we right-click on an audio clip in actual SONAR, we will have a "process effect" submenu, which is not exactly the same as the "apply effect" submenu in the “process” upper left menu. Why they are different? They should be the same for understanding reasons for new users.
3a. Like in ACID Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified anytime without accessing the automation menu.
3b. Like in Vegas Pro, change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
4. Give the possibility of applying a NON DESTRUCTIVE audio clip NORMALIZATION to 0dB, by switching it on/off in the right-click menu of every audio clip. Just the same way as the existing “mute/unmute clip” option.
5. In the “Import - Audio” menu, give the chance of importing to timeline JUST A PART of an audio file, showing the file in a very simple waveform trimmer with transport (not only play/stop, as it is today).
6. In timeline, allow us to fine adjust a selection by pulling it from its extremes.
7. In long term, extend the L-Phase/Adaptive mastering plugin family by creating a Multiband Stereo Imager WITH  good mono compatibility meter, and maybe a Multiband Harmonic Exciter. By this we will get a suite almost like Ozone included in TDFKAS, and available separated for selling it to other DAW users.
8. To finish, design in theme editor a BandLab color scheme for TDFKAS.

Thanks for the opportunity, and sorry if my english is not so accurate.

MarianoGF
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 17:51:38 (permalink)
9. Recycle the GREAT "SpectraFX" plugin available until SONAR 8 (then discontinued for unknown reasons).

edit: Image data removed from post. This forum does not support uploading images. Use an image hosting service (ex. imgur.com) and post a link to the image in your posts. - sc
post edited by scook - 2018/04/04 01:32:39
Piotr
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 208
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/03 20:09:20 (permalink)
Rewriting code for plugin manager. It is really poor coded module. It seems to be external thing for Sonar.

If many plugins registered (like 500+ or even 1000+ what is not so hard to reach having bundles from different manufactures and also free plugs) there are many crashing while scanning or missing plugins.

Few days ago I discovered I lost from Sonar some plugins from Slate (yep, not all). After full rescan, some crashes of VST plugin manager and restart Sonar I didn't discovered them but lost next, this time from PA.

It is terrible pain fighting with it again and again. I tired of this :(

By comparison at the same machine, in Studio One none such problems. Only issue after removing ilok it invalidated VMR and added to black list but I reset the list and rescan and that's it. Also scanning seems to be much faster than in Sonar.

Most of problems when scanning VST plugins make it stops. Another stupid thing as it should invalidate plugin in the worst and go further. Easy to imagine what happens when there are 1000 plugs and manager is crashing at #333.

While is it crashing at all? I bought Studio One after Gibson left us and had no crash when scanning, scanning is fast, and no missed plugins so far...

After making it reliable and fast it would be nice to improve it to make it also great. Many ideas we could provide.

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 01:04:05 (permalink)
Piotr, the only reason to use plugin manager today is for making plugin layouts. All other plugin browsing functionality exists in the plugin browser in SONAR so we aren't going to be making any updates to the plugin manager tool. 

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Daibhidh
  • Total Posts : 204
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 01:35:19 (permalink)
Piotr, the only reason to use plugin manager today is for making plugin layouts. All other plugin browsing functionality exists in the plugin browser in SONAR so we aren't going to be making any updates to the plugin manager tool. 

I love making custom layouts for FX plugins and vst virtual instruments. It really improves my workflow. I hope that feature is kept. Wish you guys all the best!
Guthrie Lowe
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 02:10:57 (permalink)
Almost everything I do is for film...Scoring and composition as well as sound effect and dialogue editing so all of my suggestions will be in regards to those areas.

1.  An expansion of the staff notation feature, either in partnership with Finale or Sibelius, or something proprietary.  Have the staff notation and dynamics actually control the sounds during playback above and beyond velocity.  Nobody really has that.
2.  Fade handles built into audio clips on the timeline.  I shouldnt have to highlight a section and go to the Process drop down or hotkey, fade, and then repeat on the other end of the clip.  Give me a handle i can grab and trim on the clip directly...maybe with a custom preset curve and a 'See fade' on and off. Pro tools and Nuendo both have this and its a huge time saver...but screw those guys.
3.  Remove RIFF WAV limits.  Dont make me export to a w64 file if my file is over 2GB.  Thats an imaginary construct and many platforms allow for up to 4 GB.  If I do a score or effects track for a two hour movie in 24/48....its going to be over 2GB. Having to export in pieces to Adobe so I can export a single WAV file is beyond ridiculous.
4.  Embrace all formats.  I shouldnt have to use Google LAV filters in order to access some video formats.  Video integration has been an after thought for the most part up until now.  Also, if i need to export a quickie MP3 for a reference file, I shouldnt have to use Audacity for that. Dont sell me an MP3 encoder....its not 2003.
5.  Waveform batch search, recognition and sync.  Obviously, a little more of a specialty item, but if DaVinci can do it, so can you.  Being able to use a master waveform to search through dozens of files to find the counterpart from other mic recordings would be a huge time saver in the post production world. 
6. Super accurate noise removal tools ala Izotope RX....I have to export from SONAR to Audacity to use theirs....that seems unnecessary. Adobe has a decent cleaner also. De-essers, rustle remover....also a Spectrum analyzer built in would be nice
7. Midware integration with programs like wWise and FMOD. I know this is kind of a Nuendo thing but it would be an awesome feature for game audio people. Niche market but still...pro

These are things that have kept SONAR from competing in the film and game worlds.  I prefer SONAR...ive been using it since 2002.  If you can find a way to implement the above suggestions, you might kick a few door down in the industry
Matt
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 02:38:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby miracledee 2018/04/06 12:06:17
1) Bring back the button that lets you know if auto-crossfade is on or off.

2) Why did they take this away from me?

3) See #1.

4) I love Sonar.

5) Don't forget #1.
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 02:43:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby doncolga 2018/04/04 03:31:17
My idea is get two or three people who use Sonar efficiently. Listen to their ideas and ignore the rest of the crap ideas in this internet thread. 

ete6666
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 09:00:37 (permalink)
I hope the location of the loaded video file is easy to move. 
and multiple videofile load too
Piotr
  • Total Posts : 208
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 09:11:35 (permalink)

Noel, thank you for your answer. Maybe I expressed it wrong way as my English is quite poor and maybe my understanding of internals is not proper.:( Sorry for that.

1. The most concern is Sonar is accidentally losing plugins from its list and sometimes it is really big pain to (re)force it to see it again. And big time waste.
2. Equal annoying is very often during (re)discovering by Sonar scanning function is crashing (in my case often next rescan is also crashing so Sonar restart needed)
3. When crashing during (re)discovering at a plugin it is abandoning further scanning (maybe it should be splitted to different thread/process? ) so list is hardly up-to-date.

What I would expect ? Just After Sonar launch it is able to successfully check ALL plugins in path and maybe those with problems mark as blacklisted (with ability to perform 'manual' check such blacklisted as often it could be false positive).

Maybe algorithm should be split  into 2 parts?
1/ just scan for every dll file in VST paths and prepare list of files what should never crash (with proper error handling even when disk is lost)
2/ check every dll file from prepared list in such way (separate process?) that crashing at any plugin won't crash whole process and stop it but just result in marking such plugin as blacklisted?
3/ Provide easy way to revalidate blacklisted plugins separately (I mean manually point in the blacklist plugin to re-check by Sonar ).

As plugins are important part of workflow it is kind pushing me to S1 :( But I would like to do everything in Sonar as Skylight is simple the best  :)  

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
biozel
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 11:09:48 (permalink)
Toddskins
sonarman1
biozel

1. Implement common industry standard regarding controlling daw from midi controllers or other surfaces. Right now it is very poor, so to speak.

4. Step sequencer must become a complete tool that arpeggiator, automation (!) and pattern creation capabilities (suggestions mentions above in this thread are appreciated). Together with item 2 this would make the daw fantastic for electronic music production.

+1 I feel the same about these 2 points.

Y'know, honestly, an arpeggiator is a skimpy sequencer, which a DAW already is.  Arpeggiators are used, I hate to say it, but by people who do not know how to compose.  It's a neat, quick, automation thing.

So if your arpeggiator is not up to snuff to your tastes, then you simply score out all the notes in the sequencer and you are doing what your arpeggiator was incapable of doing.

I have a Novation Supernova II with an arpeggiator capable of 64-steps in length.  But it turned out for logistics reason, that I preferred to play the arp part of Joe Jackson's "Steppin' Out" song with my Kurzweil's sequencer, which was programmed to play the drums and percussion, too.  I was then able to play the piano parts LIVE while all the background stuff was going on.

What I'm saying is that a Sequencer has no limits, which is what a DAW is.  The Arp stuff is a kid's fun tool, who wishes to generate neat ideas because he/she does not know how to compose them on his own.

Just take this as a challenge (not an insult) to think beyond the Arp toy.

Toddskins
sonarman1
biozel

1. Implement common industry standard regarding controlling daw from midi controllers or other surfaces. Right now it is very poor, so to speak.

4. Step sequencer must become a complete tool that arpeggiator, automation (!) and pattern creation capabilities (suggestions mentions above in this thread are appreciated). Together with item 2 this would make the daw fantastic for electronic music production.

+1 I feel the same about these 2 points.

Y'know, honestly, an arpeggiator is a skimpy sequencer, which a DAW already is.  Arpeggiators are used, I hate to say it, but by people who do not know how to compose.  It's a neat, quick, automation thing.

So if your arpeggiator is not up to snuff to your tastes, then you simply score out all the notes in the sequencer and you are doing what your arpeggiator was incapable of doing.

I have a Novation Supernova II with an arpeggiator capable of 64-steps in length.  But it turned out for logistics reason, that I preferred to play the arp part of Joe Jackson's "Steppin' Out" song with my Kurzweil's sequencer, which was programmed to play the drums and percussion, too.  I was then able to play the piano parts LIVE while all the background stuff was going on.

What I'm saying is that a Sequencer has no limits, which is what a DAW is.  The Arp stuff is a kid's fun tool, who wishes to generate neat ideas because he/she does not know how to compose them on his own.

Just take this as a challenge (not an insult) to think beyond the Arp toy.

well, of cause you can do everything in a sequencer. however i'm talking not about being able to do something, but about being productive.
right now you should spend enourmous amount of time to automate something in "arp way".
if Step Sequencer would allow to create (fast) various patterns and apply them - it would save a lot of time.
for example you want a gate trigger on triplets. try to calculate how much do you you need right now to do
that on automation lines.

so its not only about making notes progressions.
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 14:52:08 (permalink)
Kamikaze
  1. Staff view, update, fixes, New way to draw notes (click and drag to length, ways to make it more accessible such as  time grid option.
  2. Chord Track

Another vote for the above - add offline activation etc.  
Clean up the GUI and get rid of the horrendous waste of space window frames!!!

Oh -and add your AudioStretch to SONAR!!  On the fly like REAPER would be awesome - if you want to make it easier for people to collaborate, being able to slow the song down and play/record (to contribute - call it cheating whatever) would be invaluable.

Sonar Platinum | Windows 7 64 bit SP1 | Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz | 8GB RAM | Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H | OCZ SSD | RME 9632
LJB
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1502
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 15:49:56 (permalink)
Hi Meng, great to see all this happen so quickly.

a few observations on a more geeky level:
1) Search for Missing Audio should have the option to point the search towards a particular drive as start, then it can cycle back to the other drives - why would I want to search drive C and D if my audio folders are on E?
2) Clean Audio Folder needs a complete revamp - it's clumsy and buggy
3) When pointing a project towards a replacement plugin, Sonar doesn't seem to remember that route when saving and closing.. 
4) When time-stretching etc, a simple Yes To All option would be great when the program asks about discarding hidden data etc. It's ridiculous to click through 200 prompts.. 
5) a plug-in menu when launching in Safe Mode, so that all plugins of a particular type can be disabled globally... to save time when trying to isolate a problematic plug (3d party or otherwise).
6) A Control Centre that can actually handle slower download speeds and can pause downloads. And that can really Download & Install ALL as advertised (it never worked on my system)..
7) Better backward compatibility with older versions of ProChannel plugs so that Splat can reconnect and remember after a fresh install on a new system.
8) Some sort of "portable" Sonar folder that is far easier to reinstall on a new OS when required.

That's all... for now... :O)

Ludwig Bouwer, One Big Room Studios.
--------------------
Cakewalk
with all the trimmings / Win 10Pro 64 / Intel i7-7700 / Asus Prime Z270k / 16GB DDR4 / RME HDSP9652 / RME UFX / Black Lion Audio ADA8000 / ART MPA & ART Pro Channel / Focusrite Voicemaster Pro / Aphex 107

Check out my work at www.onebigroom.co.za

jeremy@cominginsecond.com
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 17:55:46 (permalink)
Nested track folders. Studio One has 'em. It's the biggest advantage S1 has over Cakewalk at the moment. (Not enough to make me start using S1 as my primary DAW though).
jreynolds0719
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 18:47:31 (permalink)
Hello,

Long time Sonar Music creator user, downloaded Platinum this morning. I am having trouble getting it to recognize all 8 inputs from my m-audio mtrack 8 interface, if anyone could shed some light for me.

Thanks,
Joshua
Svein Egil
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 21:11:32 (permalink)
Please make Cakewalk for Mac also.!! :-)

Best regards,
Svein Egil.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 26
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1