Helpful ReplyFeature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018]

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 26
Author
Kuusniemi
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 490
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 21:16:06 (permalink)
One thing I'd like to see improvement on is the plugin browser. As I've been dabbling with Bitwig Studio 2 and now returning again to Sonar (and Cakewalk by Bandlab) I find the pop up browser quite cumbersome. Something in this vein would be super: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhiEAvQfnp0

Another feature I'd love to see is .AAF support, but that might be a very tall order...

Composer & Sound Designer at Really Slow Motion, Man Makes Noise,  Epic North,  YleX and Yle Puhe.
jumpeyspyder-
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 21:18:51 (permalink)
Mostly, I'd like to see a more stable MIDI devices pref.
I use a lot of hardware and it's annoying trying to re-order everything just because I forgot to turn on a devise before starting CW.
If I could have anything (suspect this may not be popular) I'd also like to go back the Pro Audio days with the simple fully customisable 'window blinds' track view GUI
LANEY
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1350
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 21:54:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2018/04/06 15:59:32
VS 700 up and running perfect again!

i7/16GB ram
Win 7 x64
SONAR Platinum Producer x64
VS-700 C&R

Octa-Capture and VS-100 for live recording
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 22:31:43 (permalink)
A couple of things I noticed in BandLab assistant:

1. Clicking on "Open" opens BandLab in Microsoft Edge browser - regardless of what the default browser setting is set to. Mine is set to Firefox, but I'd like it to open BandLab in Chrome (seeing as this is the only browser that is fully supported). Having a preference setting to set the default BandLab browser would be good.

2. BandLab assistant is logged in, but when the browser opens I have to log in again. It would be nice if a login token was transferred to the browser session.

M.
FabUrcSA
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/04 23:24:06 (permalink)
Hi, from Argentina.-

Please ADD to Cakewalk by Bandlab:
1) Remote Control. Like Studio One (Windows, Android, etc).-
2) read the Number one... (He)

Congratulations.-
robbie111222
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 04:22:56 (permalink)
1. I use a lot of exported midi drums from guitar pro 5 and it takes tonnes of time manually editing the cymbals for velocity and snare and kick to sound more natural.  I would love to have a feature in CAKEWALK that made this simpler or automatic- for instance having a drum editor that automatically takes hi hats and intelligently randomizes velocities with harder hits on beat 1 and 3 or having lots of options like adding a ghost note before or after a snare hit.  Perhaps a feature that moved snare hits slightly forward or behind the beat to add a groove.
2. As others have mentioned a much better score editor would be greatly welcome as would the ability to compose on a combined notation and tablature staff for guitarists.
RajahP
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 07:16:33 (permalink)
Ableton Link.... please.
mattburnside
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 07:28:38 (permalink)
Bug where instrument tracks will switch to another instrument in the project and not allow simple switch back. This causes me so much grief, literally had to start separating the midi off each one so this don't happen. Seems to happen at the point of adding another instrument track but unless you notice immediately (no visual indication it's happened) you can end up having to re-program lots of instruments or roll back to an earlier save file provided it's not been overwritten.
RaceDriverMIKU
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 07:50:29 (permalink)
Please add these
Preference - File -> Audio Data -> FIle bit Depth -> Record Bit Depth
Same as Project
Same as Samplerate

Anyway control CV image just make long base64 encoded code so get dirty this thread, and insert image URL makes my reply gone, just not visible to me, so... I dkn't know what did I do.
hOnozuka
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 13:13:07 (permalink)
I want the option of reversing the left and right scroll direction of the screen left and right when tilting the mouse wheel.
Rasure
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 14:02:18 (permalink)
Could you add a "link" sliders button to the Concrete Limiter, rather like waves L1,L2.

[ASUS Z97-K 3.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-4590]
[16 Gig Ram]
[NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti 1920 X 1080]
[Windows 10 Pro x64]
[Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime]
[Studio One 4 Pro]
[Notion 6]
[Waves Mercury + Abbey Road & SSL Collection V10]
[Mackie Onyx 400f]

YouTube | 10% Off Waves | Rasuresphere II Omnisphere Library & Midi Stems
Yudaidhun
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 15:37:01 (permalink)
Great to see Cakewalk is really back!

1. Lots of sampling rate incompatibility
Check my post.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Bundled-Plugin-Compatibility-List-Sampling-Rate-m3496351.aspx

2. VC Runtime
a)
If you include vcredist 2017, 2015 is not required and should be avoided.
2017 is made as updated version of 2015, unlike other versions.
You can remove vcredist2015_x64.exe and vcredist2015_x86.exe from the installer.

b)
These files are not referred from any exe and dll.
I think these are from early version of SONAR.
mfc42u.dll, mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, msvcp60.dll,
msvcp70.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll

c)
VC 2005 Runtime is referred from some exe but vcredist2005 is not included in the installer.
LoadReg64.exe, CakewalkPublisher.exe
Ignore this info if you exclude 2005 runtime in purpose.

3. 2 Boost11 is included.
One looks to be old.
Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\StBoost64.dll : v17.0.3.33
%VSTPLUGINS%\Boost11\Boost11_64.dll : v17.13.3.32

<ad>Contact me if you need those QA/QC with coding experience</ad>
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 15:52:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby astaub 2018/04/08 23:19:28
Re notation - maybe they can reheat the potential incorporation of Overture??

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Message-from-Don-Williams-Overture-5-Updated-m3699129-p3.aspx

Last spring two of us flew to Boston to meet with Cakewalk to worked out a deal to put very, very, good notation is Sonar and add some of my upcoming products in the Cakewalk store. The notation would contain 80% of what Overture can do and was to have full integration with Sonar. We agreed to terms, everybody walked away happy, and Cakewalk presented the deal to Gibson. After a month or so, Gibson turned it down, claiming they would have too much financial liability. After the disappointment, I met with a Cakewalk person at Summer NAMM and I agreed to worked out a new deal limiting Gibson's liability. Cakewalk liked the new deal and all of us were very excited, thinking Gibson will not turn down the new terms. To our shock Gibson said no. Cakewalk knew the importance of the deal to Sonar and was left feeling helpless. I felt bad for the guys at Cakewalk and on my own decided to help Cakewalk by offering to put a free light version in Sonar at no cost to Cakewalk or Gibson and we would sell an upgrade that provided full notation for a very small price. This was a no brainer, right. Guess what! Nothing ever happened, and I even have an alpha version working

Sonar Platinum | Windows 7 64 bit SP1 | Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz | 8GB RAM | Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H | OCZ SSD | RME 9632
a13xhp
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 17:17:25 (permalink)
Thanks Meng!!
1) Feature - A revamp for TTS-1, it looks like a Windows 98 plugin.
2) Feature - Updates for Sonitus plugins, they are abandoned. 
3) Feature - I miss and acoustic piano in the Studio Instruments Suite.
4) Feature - A midi Drum Editor. 
5) Workflow - Making custom drum maps is a pain. I would appreciate the possibility of writing the custom names directly on the  virtual keyboard as in Studio One, Cubase and REAPER.
Greetings from Spain and congratulations for the hard work!
P.D.: And sorry for my poor English 

Fishmed
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 18:17:40 (permalink)
I would like to see an "archive" button much like mute, but this function would disable the whole track within the project. Often I have tracks that are unused on the mix that I don't want to delete. So the archive function would not only mute, but disengage the track from memory and any other processing. The only thing you should be able to do while it is archived is to unarchive or delete the track.
gh4267
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 19:08:20 (permalink)
14 yrs ago...! I vaguely remember that P5... Wow. Gr8 ideas abound. Stability 1st, NOTATION, drum map via reaper. Score view.
James Argo
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 20:30:42 (permalink)
robbie111222
1. I use a lot of exported midi drums from guitar pro 5 and it takes tonnes of time manually editing the cymbals for velocity and snare and kick to sound more natural.  I would love to have a feature in CAKEWALK that made this simpler or automatic- for instance having a drum editor that automatically takes hi hats and intelligently randomizes velocities with harder hits on beat 1 and 3 or having lots of options like adding a ghost note before or after a snare hit.  Perhaps a feature that moved snare hits slightly forward or behind the beat to add a groove.

I believe you can do it using Groove Quantize, or even by CAL. Both have been Cakewalk features since earlier '90 Cakewalk. Most people just don't use it because they never learn how to utilize these features, let alone to master it. Please take some time to learn to use them. Hope it helps.

Cakewalk by BandLab!
KPerry
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3120
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/05 21:43:19 (permalink)
Fishmed
I would like to see an "archive" button much like mute, but this function would disable the whole track within the project. Often I have tracks that are unused on the mix that I don't want to delete. So the archive function would not only mute, but disengage the track from memory and any other processing. The only thing you should be able to do while it is archived is to unarchive or delete the track.

It already exists and is called...the Archive Button (a big A button per track).  It may be hidden in the default widget view, but it can be added by checking Track State in the widget manager.

Windows 7 x64 SP1
SONAR x86/x64

Intel Q6600/8GB
MOTU UltraliteMk3 (USB/ASIO)
Edirol PCR300
Fishmed
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 00:32:32 (permalink)
KPerry
Fishmed

It already exists and is called...the Archive Button (a big A button per track).  It may be hidden in the default widget view, but it can be added by checking Track State in the widget manager.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I did not know it already existed.
Moseph
  • Total Posts : 85
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 04:41:04 (permalink)
Hardware I/O Aliasing and Routing (Improved Friendly Naming)

Currently in SPLAT, here’s what it looks like whenever I want to select a bus output or a send output:

A similar menu is shown for inputs.  I have more than 2 dozen each of inputs and outputs:  which means I have a LOT of scrolling to do whenever I want to route something.  I will most often want to route something to a Bus, all of which are mapped BELOW the hardware outputs in this menu.

This has been the case since at LEAST Sonar 7, and it was a “worst in class” implementation THEN.  So far as I know, it has not been touched since the introduction of Friendly Names. There are a LOT of problems with this implementation.  To be blunt, I have been baffled for more than 10 years why these fundamental features weren’t addressed to be more user-friendly interface.  The users on the forums have complained and requested improvements for literally every version of Sonar that I have used, so far as I can tell.

Basically, the way I/O menus are set up, anything more than a few channels in the Driver gets unwieldly to navigate.  The menu always lists all I/O in sets of 3 as “Left, Right, Stereo.” There is no compelling reason to do this (other than ease of programming with respect to how the operating system manages drivers), and there is no way to modify this arrangement, even using Friendly Names.

Secondly, the menu ALWAYS has hardware I/O at the top, followed by Aux Bus Channels in the Session, followed by Plugin Side-chains, followed by Functional Options like “New Stereo Bus.”  

Here’s a screenshot when adding a send in the Console View:

Why not make each of these a separate sub-menu, along with mono hardware, stereo hardware, and surround hardware groups each in their own sub-menus?

In contrast, compare this to how the equivalent dialog looks in Pro Tools 9:

It’s still got the Stereo/Mono listing, but it (a) splits up different output types (hardware/bus) into different sub-menus, and (b) formats the list so it’s MUCH easier to navigate.

Here’s the input menu in Reaper 5, which is slightly better still because is separates mono and stereo inputs into their own sub-menus.:

In reality, I’d like to see something even more structured than this, with commands in the top menu, and mono/stereo/surround/custom inputs and outputs each provided in their own sub-menus for hardware, and again for any existing busses.  Side-chain I/O would go in its own sub-menu as well. I vaguely recall a forum member making a mockup of a better I/O menu based upon their experiences in Studio One, but I couldn’t find the image in the forums again (this would have been years ago at this point).

Ideally, Users would be able to create their own custom I/O menus using custom aliases, similar to how they can make their own plugin layouts.

Relatedly, setting up the Driver Aliases is also bare-bones basic in SPLAT right now.  There’s a one-to-one correlation between a stereo pair of drivers and a stereo pair of aliased Friendly names.  

Compare that to how I/O is set up in Pro Tools 9:

This is a lot more powerful.  For one, you can map any mono driver to any Mono Hardware Alias, and it’s very easy to set up stereo pairs.  For some I/O, you don’t even have to match individual channels to their respective stereo pairs (another DAW that does this is Ardour, which has basically no rules whatsoever for routing, though the Pro Tools dialog is MUCH easier to understand).

Additionally, it’s organized in a very easy-to-read setup, with separate tabs for inputs/outputs and busses (and other I/O elements within Pro Tools).

One other HUGE advantage in Pro Tools is the ability to Import and Export I/O settings, so users can make templates based on project needs, hardware changes, or as a safety setting in case of failed experiments with I/O options.  Importing and Exporting I/O mappings would be a HUGE improvement.

Mix/Edit Grouping Options

Currently in SPLAT, you have the options to put individual audio clips into an edit group and individual mixer controls into groups.  This is a GREAT feature, but it would be nice to be able to put clips into multiple groups that have a hierarchy and individual groups can be enabled/disabled through a dialog.  Pro Tools has this sort feature and it’s often very handy.

I think we should keep the granularity as is (individual clips and mixer controls, rather than entire channels as in Pro Tools), but otherwise like the idea of stackable groups that can be activated or de-activated as necessary.

Narrow Strip Controls

In the current Console View, here’s a Wide and Narrow Strip side-by-side:

The wide strip provides 2x the number of buttons in the MSR section, and sometimes those missing buttons are very handy (especially automation modes).  A narrow strip that includes the entirety of those buttons from the wide strip would be very handy. Also, the Pan and Input Gain (not shown) knobs are quite big and take up a lot of screen space (but also leave a lot of dead space around them).  

Compare these to, for example, Sonar Producer 8.5:

The pan and input trim controls in the mixer are much more compact, which is handy for a narrow strip mode.  Note also that Sonar Producer 8.5 provided equivalent buttons in the MSR section, too. I miss this since Skylight was implemented.

Plugin Encapuslation
A feature I’ve heard about in Bitwig, but never experienced firsthand is what they call their “Sandboxed” Plugins.  Basically, each plugin in each channel is instantiated independently of other plugins in the channel, and independently of the DAW at large.  This means if a plugin crashes or throws a bad output, the DAW will recognize the fail condition and safely shut-down that plugin without crashing the entire DAW.  The plugin is effectively bypassed until the user restarts the plugin or removes it from the signal chain.
Having these encapsulated implementations for plugins (and Pro Channel modules, which are basically proprietary plugins) could potentially lead to a much more stable environment, especially for users relying heavily on third-party plugins that may not have been tested using Cakewalk.

Timeline Options
One feature that would be nice is the option to include a “Red Book” timeline, which is counted in HH:MM:SS:FF (hours, minutes, second, frames).  Except in this format, there are 75 frames per second, like when you burn an audio CD. This feature would be especially handy when generating cue sheets (which I still do a LOT of).

It would also be nice to have DDP (Disc Description Protocol) tools, and the ability to export DDP files for mastering houses.

There’s also a few features that I already like and wouldn’t want to see taken OUT.

Sonar is one of the few DAWs on the market that has implementation for the Mackie C4 protocols (including the C4 Pro).  I have one, and use it heavily, and would like to keep its functionality intact. Similarly, I use a Mackie Control Universal and Extender (the original dark grey models for each), and the implementation is imperfect, but suitable for my needs.Similarly, I use a Mackie Control Universal and Extender (all units are the original dark grey versions), and while the implementation is not flawless, it's very solid (and probably one of the better implementations for the DAWs that I'm familiar with).  While I'd prefer if the units had compatibility maintained and upgraded to accomodate newer features (e.g., Pro Channel), I'm also concerned that upgrading the control surface features for OTHER devices (which seems to be a trend in this thread) might break the MCU implementation, which is a crucial part of my current workflow in Sonar.
miracledee
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 12:19:38 (permalink)
FIX : AudioSnap (Not as accurate as in Reaper,FL)
FEATURE : DUPLICATE command (all other daws have it.. FL, Cubase, Studio1, ..etc)
FANTASY : Accompaniment Tracks (At least modify Midi Track ARPEGGIATOR to load custom midi clips)

....Thanks for bringing my DAW back:)
miracledee
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 12:24:32 (permalink)
one more:
Feature : FX Chain with parallel audio streams (for dry/wet mix or multiband operations)

(this can be done with aux tracks but having this feature in FX Chain would make life easier... like Studio1 or FL.
HOFA System vst is a good example)

Rasure
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 13:39:19 (permalink)
A search function for plugins, like in Studio One and a general overhaul of the plugin layouts, scrolling through lists of plugins is tiresome.

[ASUS Z97-K 3.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-4590]
[16 Gig Ram]
[NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti 1920 X 1080]
[Windows 10 Pro x64]
[Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime]
[Studio One 4 Pro]
[Notion 6]
[Waves Mercury + Abbey Road & SSL Collection V10]
[Mackie Onyx 400f]

YouTube | 10% Off Waves | Rasuresphere II Omnisphere Library & Midi Stems
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 14:24:20 (permalink)
1. Arranger and Scratch Pad are really handy in Studio One, especially for songwriters.  
2. Improve Audio Snap for audio quantinizing.  
3. iPad Controller app, similar to Studio One Remote, is also a very nice feature.  Connects seamlessly and works very well in S1.  

post edited by michaelhanson - 2018/04/06 14:46:56

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
James Argo
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/06 22:44:32 (permalink)
Rasure
A search function for plugins, like in Studio One and a general overhaul of the plugin layouts, scrolling through lists of plugins is tiresome.

Have you tried using the Browser? Views-->Browser, then select Plugins tab. There you go...

Cakewalk by BandLab!
chris.r
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/07 02:17:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ademir 2018/04/08 20:00:54
Loads of quality suggestions here already!

Another "lifetimer" here... I'm a long time Cakewalk user since early 90's. I'm using Sonar as the main DAW in my home studio for recording/editing audio and producing music, but recently I've done a great job on huge bulk of MIDI files and some advanced editing using CAL, that probably couldn't be done in other DAWs in such quick and powerful way. The only thing I couldn't do was to change a CC series of data to wheel/pitch data, or vice versa, something I think I could do in early Cakewalk Professional version (v2 or 3 I think), wish I had it back in SPlat. Anyway here are my 5 suggestions:

1. If you want to make CbB a DAW that pros (ie. those who do music for living) would want to build their studios around it, I think you should consider offline activation. Making it the main studio DAW means a long term relationship with the software, owning the activation key for future re-installs is essential, same with keeping the main computer offline, which is essential for many pros.

Keep the gui clean and workflow simple, to make the main tasks like quick arming/recording track(s), looping, navigate/zoom within a huge project with many tracks and clips, moving between song sections, markers easy and focused. Make it work with hardware controllers (like Avid Artist or Behringer X-Touch) like a breeze. Streamline the use of mouse wheel and let people customize computer keyboard to their liking. And then focus on powerful editing features.

2. Keep the MIDI features like CAL or MFx or groove quantize, add even more creative MIDI editing features. Again, add seamless integration with hardware controllers. Good scoring wouldn't hurt either.

3. Give us efficient loop-style workflow (think of ableton style) for EDM-type music creation, that will make CbB even more comprehensive.

4. Stability and bug-free is essential.

5. And make a MAC version so we can exchange our project with Mac users, or let us export in a convenient way for Pro-tools users, if possible to a session that they could import? Most pros work on Macs.
chris.r
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 206
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/07 02:25:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby miracledee 2018/04/11 15:40:06
Leee
I second the request for a Ripple Edit on/off indicator, to let you know without having to use the dropdown menu whether or not Ripple edit is on or off.  I can't tell you how many times this has screwed me up.
I know it's just a matter of clicking on Undo to fix your mistake, but an indicator light would definitely be welcome.

Similar with 'Snap To/By' switch - would be nice to add an extra indicator to the mouse icon while dragging clips, that will tell you whether you're moving 'To' or 'By'. Something like the extra 'plus' next to the mouse when you're dragging files in windows explorer (ctrl+dragging).
Muziker
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/07 07:09:25 (permalink)
Hi,  please consider these: 
  1. Autosampler - Apple acquired Redmatica Autosampler integrating into Mainstage 3.    To my knowledge, no Windows DAW has a utility like Autosampler. There are some esoteric Autosampler standalone Apps for Windows which are hugely expensive.   Particularly useful to sample old gear without taking them to the gig or practice at friend's house.
  2.  Revamp TTS-1 - feedback has already been given here on interface improvements.  Please refresh the samples of the instruments,  they sound like my 90's sample playback synth.  Improve the sample/recording 24bit/96kHz and instrument quality.    TTS-1 is really useful for downloading GM files to play along/learn cover songs,  easy to use and map tracks. 
oeai
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/07 08:45:19 (permalink)
in AL there's a function of "browsing" own files, in cakewalk we can also see project files, but not content.
so it would be nice to reveal all used instruments and midi-tracks without needing of importing file into project.
so i'd say it's a not so high priority, because we can import projects right now and this solves.
just set a "+" button for each file and clicking it will open all instrument tracks and loops with used midi-loops under each instrument, with ability to drag and drop instrument, midi or loop to current project

and in this case i'd suggest "Project Browser" where we could find all instruments already used in all projects, all loops and all midi's
defined by names of projects+instrument_name+track_name, if in current project some track selected, then clicking on instrument in project browser will switch current instrument and clicking midi will play that midi with current instrument.
oeai
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/04/07 09:12:35 (permalink)
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Piotr, the only reason to use plugin manager today is for making plugin layouts. All other plugin browsing functionality exists in the plugin browser in SONAR so we aren't going to be making any updates to the plugin manager tool. 

i'm not sure if it is a plugin manager and what's the layout means, there's a need to push vst-midi-fx to "midi effects" in Utilities->CakewalkPluginManager(tool).
Just add one more row in VST_Configuration->Options +midi_plugin and make it work as mfx or add one more category Vst Midi Effects
The Midi_Effect workaround is easy - it must be a PreFX for midi-instrument, but can be used for loop-audio too.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 26
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1