Helpful ReplyI SMELL A RAT!!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 12
Author
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/18 22:55:08 (permalink)
Middleman

Interesting all the people with the I7 that seem to be having issues. I wonder if there is some buss contention on motherboards with that chipset. Maybe something that needs to be turned off. Just a guess. What OS? I assume you have updated all of your video, soundcard and OS drivers?

Most of your complaints seem reasonable. Did you try the D key for opening and closing the Piano view? I think you can size it so the snap to grid controls are still accessible. Also did you turn off xray? Just offering up some ideas.

I have the i7 920-no issues at all on X1a-zerp, None on 853 either
EDIT: Whoops, forgot I was outta here

Middleman
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4397
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/18 23:02:27 (permalink)
Thanks for dropping back in. Just seen a lot of those chips mentioned and thought there might be a trend.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
D K
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1237
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/18 23:09:35 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

First thing I did before installing X1 was to upgrade the OS to SP3.

But I've had to unistall X1 due to instability, not just in X1 but something was also trashing my 8.5.3 setup which was running perfectly before.

How did you get rid of it? I did the same and can still see remainders of it (plug in folder for one)..

Would love to get X1 completely off my system without trashing my perfectly stable 8.5.3 build

www.ateliersound.com

ADK Custom  I7-2600 K
Win 7 64bit /8 Gig Ram/WD-Seagate Drives(x3)
Sonar 8.5.3 (32bit)/Sonar X3b(64bit)/Pro Tools 9
Lavry Blue/Black Lion Audio Mod Tango 24/RME Hammerfall Multiface II/UAD Duo

rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/18 23:15:23 (permalink)
Kroneborge

Hmm, ok let's see here.  

Been using Sonar since version 2 or so.   It was always super intututive to me, much more so than everything else I tried.  Cubase, FL Studio, Digital performer, etc.

So I've been happily using it for 8 or so years now (give or take).   I've very rarely had to use the manual, if I wanted to do something, you could usually figure it out within 30 seconds.   It just made sense.

My other hardware, Mackie HR 824 monitors, Yahmaha XK-8 Midi keyboard, EMU 1820m soundcard, and a ton of software.  Komplete 5, East West Symphonic orchestra, Izotope stuff etc.

Specific problems I've had
I can't find anything (this is the most frustrating.   For example, why isn't there just a view synth rack etc,   maybe I don't want everything in the inspector??? 

Huge problems with snap to grid (I can't get it to work at all in the piano view).  

Why can't I enlarge the piano view, and still have access to snap to grid controls?  

Constant drop outs and sound distortions with CPU etc no where near max (Intel I7 with 12 gb of ram, probably using less than 25%).

Fast bounce to clip is out of synch with tempo.

I'm not planning on going to another platform, I really doubt they've gotten much better, and I don't want to learn a new one.   In fact, I don't want to learn a new sonar either.  I just want it to work the way it's always has.  Fast and intututive.

If not, well, Sonar 8.5 really does just about everything doesn't it.

I really like your post Kroneborge.  It's not hysterical, it just seems like an honest, calm reporting of what your experience with X1 is so far.

"...why isn't there just a view synth rack etc..."  Yes, all the new paths have to be learned.  There's a new curve to master, just when we were hoping for a fix of long standing problems.  The reason for making everything so tucked away in sub-menus seems to be, as I see it, in the interest of making a nice clean, almost empty looking work space.  This, also IMHO, was done in reaction to the common criticism that Sonar was "too cluttered" looking.  For those of us who were getting along fine with Sonar before this, the answer to that "cluttered" criticism was/is "WHO CARES?---At least it's obvious where everything is!"

"...Huge problems with snap to grid (I can't get it to work at all in the piano view)...." 
That's because it doesn't work in PRV.  Apparently there are acknowledged bugs that we're trusting will be fixed.

"...Why can't I enlarge the piano view, and still have access to snap to grid controls?..."  Actually you can have an enlarged PRV with the grid controls still visible.  One of my screensets is exactly that.  You need to expand the PRV as far as you want (I like it with a single Track View track visible on top for handy reference and editing) and then make that part of your template.

"...Fast bounce to clip is out of synch with tempo..."  It's another apparent and rather major bug that needs to be fixed, since this isn't an uncommon problem for people to have.

"...Sonar 8.5 really does just about everything doesn't it..."  Yes, it actually does.  The tabbed view in Sonar 8+ is the same thing as the much touted X1 dock.  The browser supposedly works better in X1, though I haven't found that to be the case, since there's another acknowledged bug that you have to drag sound files in TWICE before they "take"--(confirmed by Scott Garrigus) - and most people actually composing music instead of pasting together clips don't have a huge need for the browser anyway.  Many people find the old "smart tool" just as efficient as the new one - one really could do most MIDI editing with that one tool in previous Sonars, the way it would change functions depending on where you were on the screen.

And so on.

Your post is appreciated because it's a reasonable expression of disappointment with X1.  Thanks.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
nighthadfallen
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 118
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 00:50:56 (permalink)
I think you guys should try another DAW to see what you actually have in Sonar X1.  Try the demo of Studio One by Presonus and you'll realize you're gluttons.  Cakewalk has done the absolute right thing with X1.  They've made it simpler and more intuitive in virtually every aspect.  S1 has a better audio engine, hands down.  They've got some cool features, but compared to Sonar....it's just not even close.  Presonus S1 is, as far as I can tell, the only other top tier DAW that doesn't use that giant beam sticking out of the side of your computer, commonly referred to as a dongle, and it isn't close to Sonar X1.  Cakewalk will get their **** together.  If they can make the audio engine glitch free, implement proper notation and satisfy the video score people, they've got it wrapped up.  I hope they know this.

"I like to eat at McDonald's because of the food they sell."

Lenovo Laptop / Win 7 64 / Core i7 1.60ghz / 4gb RAM / Roland UA-25ex 
Win 7 32 Desktop / Q8300 2.5ghz / 4gb RAM / Echo Mia Midi 
wormser
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 984
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 00:54:08 (permalink)
Middleman

Interesting all the people with the I7 that seem to be having issues. I wonder if there is some buss contention on motherboards with that chipset. Maybe something that needs to be turned off. Just a guess. What OS? I assume you have updated all of your video, soundcard and OS drivers?

I have an i7 and have no problems with X1 yet.
A little time spent with the Goove 3 video is well worth it IMHO.
Studio One is definitely a nice DAW, but Sonar wins in the features area.
How many of those features are important to users depends upon the way a particular user works.
I personally feel that overall, the Sonar developers have hit the nail on the head with the new interface. They just bent it a little bit :)
Yes it's confusing at first but after working with it, I find I'm liking it more than at first glance.
Now all they have to do is straighten the nail a little with X1b and then get to work on some of the bugs that should have been fixed a while ago.

And please, work on the score view.
Cubendo has a wonderful score editor so it can be done.

Studio One's biggest problem in my opinion is mediocre control surface support.
Sonar and even Reaper clobber Studio One in that area.

Studio One has no dongle, but online/offline activation with 5 (I think?) activations.
They are VERY liberal though with that and understand that people beta testing other software etc might exceed that quickly. They are good people to deal with, just like the people here.
For me, that is a HUGE positive.

post edited by wormser - 2011/01/19 01:05:54

Windows 8 x64
Intel i7 950 3.06ghz 6 GB DDR3 1333(1066) OCZ memory
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R v.2.0
Delta 66.
Seagate 1.0tb drives x4 OS, Audio, VST, Backup Stuff. 
Mackie MCU Pro Latest.
Faderport.
Sonar X2, PreSonus 2.x, Reaper.

chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 01:02:09 (permalink)
Hey, fanboi's need not apply! (something about a old country)

i7 here, other than standard stuff like turning off built in soundcard and all that nothing special. So I doubt that that is the issue.

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
wormser
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 984
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 01:08:53 (permalink)
chrisharbin

Hey, fanboi's need not apply! (something about a old country)

i7 here, other than standard stuff like turning off built in soundcard and all that nothing special. So I doubt that that is the issue.

That term "fanboi" just cracks me up for some reason.
I dunno why, but I picture some guy like Richard Simmons jumping up and down waving flags and pom poms that say "Sonar, Studio One, Cubase etc"...Hahahha!

Windows 8 x64
Intel i7 950 3.06ghz 6 GB DDR3 1333(1066) OCZ memory
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R v.2.0
Delta 66.
Seagate 1.0tb drives x4 OS, Audio, VST, Backup Stuff. 
Mackie MCU Pro Latest.
Faderport.
Sonar X2, PreSonus 2.x, Reaper.

chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 01:15:15 (permalink)

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 01:31:59 (permalink)

Funny how we all see things differently.  I'm actually very impressed with S1's "Control Link" ... for me it simply blows ACT out of the water.   Same is true for LIVE's approach.   Easy and intuitive.

Many struggle with ACT, though once ya get it, it works fine.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
eric_peterson
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1103
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 04:04:28 (permalink)
I still have 8.5.2 on my machine, and 8 and 7... and 6.

Same here ... When X1 is stable I'll spring for it, and if I'd been an early adopter I'd just fall back to 8.5.2 and would just wait for X1b. 
Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 04:10:23 (permalink)
D K

Bristol_Jonesey

First thing I did before installing X1 was to upgrade the OS to SP3.

But I've had to unistall X1 due to instability, not just in X1 but something was also trashing my 8.5.3 setup which was running perfectly before.

How did you get rid of it? I did the same and can still see remainders of it (plug in folder for one)..

Would love to get X1 completely off my system without trashing my perfectly stable 8.5.3 build

More pain:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2203402

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 04:15:21 (permalink)
"Reservoir dogs"

- We have a rat in the house!!!!

-I guarantee we have a rat in the house...

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Lowline
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 05:32:43 (permalink)
ba_midi

Funny how we all see things differently.  I'm actually very impressed with S1's "Control Link" ... for me it simply blows ACT out of the water.   Same is true for LIVE's approach.   Easy and intuitive.

Many struggle with ACT, though once ya get it, it works fine.

ba_midi - I agree "Control Link" is a really strong feature in S1, as you say easy and intuitive.  It's certainly far better than ACT, which for me just isn't stable enough even when you do get it.

I suspect though he may be referring to support for particular control surfaces, though I could be wrong.  For example I use a Novation Nocturn, but at the moment Automap does not work with S1 (to be fair though it's because Novation don't support S1 at present).
ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 07:07:28 (permalink)
10Ten

ProjectM

10Ten

And I am certainly happy for you that the change has sparked some creativity, but that's all it is. It's like buying a new synth or guitar, it's different. I am already creative and need software to be consistent. Learning new software gets in the way of creativity for me which is why I've stuck with Sonar for so long and now that I am forced to learn new software all bets are off.

He he, I think we're two very different people 10Ten. Bought a few new guitars the last couple years and more synths than I'll probably ever use. I've even moved rooms for my studio - both of them! But Sonar has been a boring place to work since V7. I've made a living using it but very little for my own pleasure. I'm back to that now. The creativity is of course inside me, but I find it inspiring to get it out using X1. New guitars are cool either way. If you find X1 restricting then it's clearly not the software for you. To me it was a welcome change in working environment

Sorry, but I don't find "where did that go" and "why doesn't that work anymore" very inspiring.

Understandable. I don't, however, have that problem

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 07:31:57 (permalink)
ProjectM

Sorry, but I don't find "where did that go" and "why doesn't that work anymore" very inspiring.

Then you aren't using X1. We all know that tons of stuff doesn't work and everything has moved or been changed. Then people like you come here and say that you haven't had to ask where something went or had things that don't work. Reality seems to be saying that you just are no being truthful. The question is why.
fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 07:45:50 (permalink)
All these posts are very confusing for the long term users who have not updated to X1. I like many are waiting and what we are seeing is very conflicting views how X1 is working.
For some no problems working 100% and for other nothing but misery.
I am reading about users who have 8.5.3 on the same machine now find it  is now behaving strangely once X1 is installed.
We need to know is it a hardware issue and how X1 addresses different hardware setups.
If it is then hardware then this needs to be addressed and if necessary cakewalk issuing  a spec that they have tested on  and proved to be working.
With XP 32 and 64 bit Vista and windows 7  it must be very difficult for any company to test everything and then the multiple of  sounds cards.
We all want to see an end to this problem all the negativity, get on and upgrade so Cakewalk please issue a statement as it is no good saying it is working for me. That solves nothing as its clear experienced users are having huge problems.

ProjectM
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 07:54:46 (permalink)
10Ten

ProjectM

Then you aren't using X1. We all know that tons of stuff doesn't work and everything has moved or been changed. Then people like you come here and say that you haven't had to ask where something went or had things that don't work. Reality seems to be saying that you just are no being truthful. The question is why.

You see, this is what I find really annoying on the forums lately. I'm not using X1 you say. So I've installed some other software and believe that it is X1 I have installed? I'm too stupid to realize that I am actually not using X1? I can tell you I have no other DAW software installed other than X1, the icon says X1 and the name on the top of the software window says X1. Or are you're calling me a liar? Do you think I would claim that I don't have any issues even though I had tons of them and just troll around here to piss you off? 10Ten, you're out of line here. I've been using Sonar for a decade and I've made good money with it and some really good music. When it comes to Sonar, I know what I am talking about and won't have some noob coming here putting words into my mouth saying that I am wrong, the software doesn't work for me and on top of that; that I am NOT even using it! I have it in front of me every day and I manage to use it. I do have had to ask where things are but instead of ****ing around here I've used the help file and the pdfs that came with the software. I've been patient and learned this in stead of posting on the forums in a rage. I've read hundreds of posts on the forums since X1 came out and I've picked up many good tips from other Sonar users who spend time learning the software and have, like me, decided to cope with its faults for now.

What I am saying is that I haven't had any problems adjusting to the new interface. I like it. It's a personal thing. It works for me - perfect for me, it doesn't work for you - too bad for you. I've never said that you're wrong because you can't or won't learn the software. Is X1 working without problems? No. Can I make music? Yes and that's what's important.

10Ten, if you're having such big problems with X1, I feel sorry for you - as I do for everyone who have problems to make it work. This time around I've been one of the lucky one who have a system that can run normal to heavy Sonar projects with very little problems. In many cases it's more stable than any previous version was. And I am fortunate to be personally "compatible" to the bakers' idea of a new GUI. IMO, it absolutely rocks, it makes sense to me, it doesn't for others and I understand. I encounter bugs and weird behavior as well but I tolerate it because like I said; I can still make music without any obstacles.

You coming here claiming that I'm not even using X1 is really low, 10Ten. It's a Windows world we live in, even two identical hardware setups won't perform exactly the same. Deal with it.

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:05:47 (permalink)
ProjectM

10Ten

ProjectM

You see, this is what I find really annoying on the forums lately. I'm not using X1 you say. So I've installed some other software and believe that it is X1 I have installed? I'm too stupid to realize that I am actually not using X1? I can tell you I have no other DAW software installed other than X1, the icon says X1 and the name on the top of the software window says X1. Or are you're calling me a liar? Do you think I would claim that I don't have any issues even though I had tons of them and just troll around here to piss you off? 10Ten, you're out of line here. I've been using Sonar for a decade and I've made good money with it and some really good music. When it comes to Sonar, I know what I am talking about and won't have some noob coming here putting words into my mouth saying that I am wrong, the software doesn't work for me and on top of that; that I am NOT even using it! I have it in front of me every day and I manage to use it. I do have had to ask where things are but instead of ****ing around here I've used the help file and the pdfs that came with the software. I've been patient and learned this in stead of posting on the forums in a rage. I've read hundreds of posts on the forums since X1 came out and I've picked up many good tips from other Sonar users who spend time learning the software and have, like me, decided to cope with its faults for now.

What I am saying is that I haven't had any problems adjusting to the new interface. I like it. It's a personal thing. It works for me - perfect for me, it doesn't work for you - too bad for you. I've never said that you're wrong because you can't or won't learn the software. Is X1 working without problems? No. Can I make music? Yes and that's what's important.

10Ten, if you're having such big problems with X1, I feel sorry for you - as I do for everyone who have problems to make it work. This time around I've been one of the lucky one who have a system that can run normal to heavy Sonar projects with very little problems. In many cases it's more stable than any previous version was. And I am fortunate to be personally "compatible" to the bakers' idea of a new GUI. IMO, it absolutely rocks, it makes sense to me, it doesn't for others and I understand. I encounter bugs and weird behavior as well but I tolerate it because like I said; I can still make music without any obstacles.

You coming here claiming that I'm not even using X1 is really low, 10Ten. It's a Windows world we live in, even two identical hardware setups won't perform exactly the same. Deal with it.

Sorry, but I commented on a specific claim that you made, that was false and there is no question that it was false. I said these things stop me from being creative and you said they didn't exist. Now you say they do exist, but that they don't get in your way, but that also is false because every time you have to look for something or try to use something that doesn't work, it slows you down and there is no way to claim otherwise and be truthful. So, I have to dig in to find out the truth, which is simply that you like the interface and are willing to put up with just about anything. All of that is fine, but you should have said that from the beginning instead of acting like there were no issues. Which brings me to my issue with the forums of late. People being dishonest and trying to minimize the issues others are having simply because they are going to support Sonar no matter what.
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:15:43 (permalink)
10Ten

ProjectM

Bull-Read the manual and watch the FREE video-I have asked ONCE where something was. I have no issues at all with X1a-So I guess in your mind I am lying? That is a joke-are you physic? Why the hell would I (or anyone) say it works fine for me if it didn't? Give others a little credit will you please. I fi Had issues I would be the first to say so. Just as I did with Dime Pro and the tuning issue. I went nuts over that-Stop accusing folks of lying. That is not cool.

trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:18:02 (permalink)
10Ten

ProjectM

Are you suggesting that everyone is having huge issues here? That NO ONE is having a crash free existence with X1?    

That seems a little much from this end...

What if there are people who do not have issues then? Are you suggesting something?
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:22:29 (permalink)
stratman70

10Ten

ProjectM

Bull-Read the manual and watch the FREE video-I have asked ONCE where something was. I have no issues at all with X1a-So I guess in your mind I am lying? That is a joke-are you physic? Why the hell would I (or anyone) say it works fine for me if it didn't? Give others a little credit will you please. I fi Had issues I would be the first to say so. Just as I did with Dime Pro and the tuning issue. I went nuts over that-Stop accusing folks of lying. That is not cool.
So you asked once, but had to read the manual and see a video. I wouldn't have to do that if everything didn't change and I have no intention of relearning it. Why not just be honest? You like the interface. Fine. But there really is nothing different about X1 other than everything moved and the bugs and I would take a DOS interface over that.
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:25:01 (permalink)
trimph1

10Ten

ProjectM

Are you suggesting that everyone is having huge issues here? That NO ONE is having a crash free existence with X1?    

That seems a little much from this end...

What if there are people who do not have issues then? Are you suggesting something?

Crashing is a completely different issue and I never mentioned it, but now that the cat is out of the bag, you can add it to the list of problems. For the rest, you can just read my post instead of me repeating myself.
ProjectM
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:28:48 (permalink)
10Ten

Sorry, but I commented on a specific claim that you made, that was false and there is no question that it was false. I said these things stop me from being creative and you said they didn't exist. Now you say they do exist, but that they don't get in your way, but that also is false because every time you have to look for something or try to use something that doesn't work, it slows you down and there is no way to claim otherwise and be truthful. So, I have to dig in to find out the truth, which is simply that you like the interface and are willing to put up with just about anything. All of that is fine, but you should have said that from the beginning instead of acting like there were no issues. Which brings me to my issue with the forums of late. People being dishonest and trying to minimize the issues others are having simply because they are going to support Sonar no matter what.

And I commented on a specific claim that you made. You won't spend time looking for where features are hidden. I claimed I have no problems doing that and when you find it once, then I would assume that anyone for the most part would find it very quickly the next time. In other words: It's no bumps in the roads there. If you can't adapt to it, then it's not the right software for you. I have never denied that I like the interface. I proudly praise the new interface and have done so for a long time now. And I've tried to chime in with some opinions and sollutions to people who struggle with it elsewhere on the forum. You simply won't put up with the new interface and simply deny everyone else to like it, which is really pathetic. And you draw some weird conclusions based on short statements that you interpret into lies and false accusations that the software works. I haven't encountered much that doesn't work either, except some snap to features that is odd and AS is as everyone knows, not working properly. I would never minimize the problems people are having. Your claim that people who are ok with what's going on is liars or simple amateurs are what annoys me. You accuse people with the craziest things just because they have a different X1 experience than you? Seriously, I don't put up with anything just because I like Sonar. I've reported my share of bugs, I've asked for help wherever I needed to and what's not working now are so significant that I am sure the bakers are on it and I have no problems waiting for a fix. But until then I have no problems using X1 either.

People like you who attacks anyone with a positive experience is the real problem here in the forums these days. If you ask me, I don't believe you have neither worked very much with X1 nor have you given it a fair chance. Your number of posts here clearly indicates that there has been little or no Sonar time for you and you simply don't like the new interface so you won't let anyone else like it either.

Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:36:46 (permalink)
ProjectM

And I commented on a specific claim that you made. You won't spend time looking for where features are hidden. I claimed I have no problems doing that and when you find it once, then I would assume that anyone for the most part would find it very quickly the next time. In other words: It's no bumps in the roads there. If you can't adapt to it, then it's not the right software for you. I have never denied that I like the interface. I proudly praise the new interface and have done so for a long time now. And I've tried to chime in with some opinions and sollutions to people who struggle with it elsewhere on the forum. You simply won't put up with the new interface and simply deny everyone else to like it, which is really pathetic. And you draw some weird conclusions based on short statements that you interpret into lies and false accusations that the software works. I haven't encountered much that doesn't work either, except some snap to features that is odd and AS is as everyone knows, not working properly. I would never minimize the problems people are having. Your claim that people who are ok with what's going on is liars or simple amateurs are what annoys me. You accuse people with the craziest things just because they have a different X1 experience than you? Seriously, I don't put up with anything just because I like Sonar. I've reported my share of bugs, I've asked for help wherever I needed to and what's not working now are so significant that I am sure the bakers are on it and I have no problems waiting for a fix. But until then I have no problems using X1 either.

People like you who attacks anyone with a positive experience is the real problem here in the forums these days. If you ask me, I don't believe you have neither worked very much with X1 nor have you given it a fair chance. Your number of posts here clearly indicates that there has been little or no Sonar time for you and you simply don't like the new interface so you won't let anyone else like it either.
You can like or dislike anything you want and your ad hominem attacks don't change anything. I opened X1, found that nothing was where I left it and major things I need don't work. Why should I continue to waste time with it when 8.5.3 does them and I don't have to relearn it? I also don't have to say things like: I don't have to look for something, until I do. X1 doesn't crash except for the 2 or 3 times it did. Everything works except for the stuff that doesn't, but man I really like the interface. I'd rather have an ugly car that cranks every morning than a Mercedes that I have to get jump started every time I need to use it. Again, why not just be honest. You are willing to over look the issues because you like the interface. I'm not.

trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:46:13 (permalink)
It seems that someone accusing others of lying might be seen as ad hominem attacks as well...

Look, if it is all troubles and toils re-learning an interface then fine..maybe it is not just an interface problem...it might be a workflow problem then. 

Or it could just as well be that certain things are not jelling in your system the way it should.

But do we need the existential angst thing here? I really have YET to see any DAW that did not have issues ... and, yes, some caused by my lack of knowledge vis a vis what the thing was capable of... 
ProjectM
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:47:39 (permalink)
10Ten

You can like or dislike anything you want and your ad hominem attacks don't change anything. I opened X1, found that nothing was where I left it and major things I need don't work. Why should I continue to waste time with it when 8.5.3 does them and I don't have to relearn it? I also don't have to say things like: I don't have to look for something, until I do. X1 doesn't crash except for the 2 or 3 times it did. Everything works except for the stuff that doesn't, but man I really like the interface. I'd rather have an ugly car that cranks every morning than a Mercedes that I have to get jump started every time I need to use it. Again, why not just be honest. You are willing to over look the issues because you like the interface. I'm not.

Dude, I didn't ask for an explanation I just used your own rhetoric against you. Simply, your problems, I don't care about any more. Everyone else - I'm all ears.

Why did you upgraded if you wanted everything to stay the same is what I don't get. And why spend so much trolling around about it is nothing I understand. You can always go back a version and get going, then maybe try to go back to X1 at a later time.

Or do like Mike Mccue does - start learning some more about X1 and then get some actual work done in 8.5. He's been a tremendous resource for troubleshooting. You have been nothing more than annoying.

Seriously 10Ten, I have a stable set up. I have no problem finding things. Mostly I don't even have to look it up anywhere to know where to find it. If you have problems with that then I guess our conversation is over

Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:50:54 (permalink)
trimph1

It seems that someone accusing others of lying might be seen as ad hominem attacks as well...

Words have definitions.

Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 08:52:16 (permalink)
ProjectM

10Ten

Dude, I didn't ask for an explanation I just used your own rhetoric against you. Simply, your problems, I don't care about any more. Everyone else - I'm all ears.

Why did you upgraded if you wanted everything to stay the same is what I don't get. And why spend so much trolling around about it is nothing I understand. You can always go back a version and get going, then maybe try to go back to X1 at a later time.

Or do like Mike Mccue does - start learning some more about X1 and then get some actual work done in 8.5. He's been a tremendous resource for troubleshooting. You have been nothing more than annoying.

Seriously 10Ten, I have a stable set up. I have no problem finding things. Mostly I don't even have to look it up anywhere to know where to find it. If you have problems with that then I guess our conversation is over

Trolling is another one of those words that has an actual definition and it has nothing to do with disagree with you.
ProjectM
Re:I SMELL A RAT!! 2011/01/19 09:08:25 (permalink)
10Ten

Trolling is another one of those words that has an actual definition and it has nothing to do with disagree with you.

Agreed. What you are doing is not disagreeing - it's trolling. Or just stupid at best.

Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 12
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1